CCA Liger banger V3.0

Rabbi

Well, it has been a week now since I was contacted and told that my Liger was instock, and would ship soon. I assumed "soon" meant in the next day or two. Really starting to dislike that ambiguous word...

Just wish I understood what the hold up is. :shrug:

Brown

^they said they'd be here in two weeks last week so at this point I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. If they give me another story next week I'll be going the refund route. Really disappointed with this company.

Brown,

Gergopolous

Anyone kno the latest estimate for the buckets by chance?

How about the availability 20mm quartz and sapphire inserts? I was under the impression orders would ship once a compensation option for SiC was chosen. For months I have held off spending money with another company and at this point I am considering the refund route.

Gergopolous,
Reactions: Brown

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
Also curious when quartz dishes are going out.
@Gergopolous, have you gotten in touch with CCA staff and placed a second order with your swap code yet? Just making sure in case you haven't done so yet, because that's how Josh wants to process it.

Marihuana,

Gergopolous

@Marihuana Yes I have been in touch with MrBonsai420 though I am still concerned about my order being overlooked. This ordering process has been too unorganized for my liking.

Gergopolous,

Rabbi

^they said they'd be here in two weeks last week so at this point I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. If they give me another story next week I'll be going the refund route. Really disappointed with this company.

My order is for a 16mm w/SIC. Supposedly there is nothing to wait on and everything is already in stock from what I was told. So, I guess its just sitting there, not shipping.

Of course I personally have no idea what the actual delay is. I see no forum post that should account for my delay unless I missed something, so I have nothing to go on. Not like they are sending me email updates either, so I sit here like many others. In limbo, getting a little more frustrated every day.

Rabbi,

Brown

My order is for a 16mm w/SIC. Supposedly there is nothing to wait on and everything is already in stock from what I was told. So, I guess its just sitting there, not shipping.

Of course I personally have no idea what the actual delay is. I see no forum post that should account for my delay unless I missed something, so I have nothing to go on. Not like they are sending me email updates either, so I sit here like many others. In limbo, getting a little more frustrated every day.

Well that's not surprising considering the complete lack of service they are showing their customers.

I was first told I had to wait the standard 7-14 day wait which I was okay with because I overlooked it on the checkout (my fault). After that they told me the quartz was out of stock so I waited two weeks for that to come in, when the quartz came in they told me the buckets were out of stock (they're still taking orders with absolutely no mention of low/no stock though) and now here I am 40 days later still wondering when and IF they are going to send out the order. My hope that I will get my confirmation or AT LEAST a somewhat accurate time period when I will see this shipped out, I'd like to see someone from the company take accountability or do some damage control but they only seem to keep everybodies hopes up by stringing us along with half truths.

damm

Well that's not surprising considering the complete lack of service they are showing their customers.

I was first told I had to wait the standard 7-14 day wait which I was okay with because I overlooked it on the checkout (my fault). After that they told me the quartz was out of stock so I waited two weeks for that to come in, when the quartz came in they told me the buckets were out of stock (they're still taking orders with absolutely no mention of low/no stock though) and now here I am 40 days later still wondering when and IF they are going to send out the order. My hope that I will get my confirmation or AT LEAST a somewhat accurate time period when I will see this shipped out, I'd like to see someone from the company take accountability or do some damage control but they only seem to keep everybodies hopes up by stringing us along with half truths.

I'm not trying to be negative here; but I'm not seeing much damage control here? Sure mrbonsai420 has been trying to respond to issues and catch them as they catch here. But the fact support issues are landing on FC makes me believe the frustration from the end-users must be high.

damm,
Reactions: Brown

Rabbi

I certainly can't find anything to defend them on with regards to their website. Anyone ordering right now based only on the information shown, would expect their Liger to ship in 1-2 weeks. If they know they can't make those shipping dates, then it is unethical to intentionally mislead your customers.

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
Josh probably has plenty on his plate and doesn't have all day to reply to emails or check in over here, but this communications blackout has left a bad taste in my mouth. Isn't he worried about the state of his business? I'm no stranger to wait times, but he's having serious trouble meeting demand. It might be another issue with suppliers, but it's hard to tell when nobody says anything. Social media's silent aside from promotional posts, there haven't been any updates to the homepage, and the unanswered emails are piling up. I'm not sure if he's buried up to his neck in Liger-related work (which I doubt), but it seems like he's afraid to say anything until he can make things happen. I wish the man himself would let us know what's up.

Brown

Josh probably has plenty on his plate and doesn't have all day to reply to emails or check in over here, but this communications blackout has left a bad taste in my mouth. Isn't he worried about the state of his business? I'm no stranger to wait times, but he's having serious trouble meeting demand. It might be another issue with suppliers, but it's hard to tell when nobody says anything. Social media's silent aside from promotional posts, there haven't been any updates to the homepage, and the unanswered emails are piling up. I'm not sure if he's buried up to his neck in Liger-related work (which I doubt), but it seems like he's afraid to say anything until he can make things happen. I wish the man himself would let us know what's up.

I second this!
At this point I'm not really too worried about how much he has on his plate, paying customers are owed an explanation. So far I've seen good things about him in this forum and it seems he always does right by people, but ive only actually contacted the man himself one time and that is when I was in the wrong asking before the 7-14 day window was up (response time was great on that email). Since then I have not been able to contact anybody except mrbonsai who does what they can but provides no guarantees. It's really frustrating.

Last edited:

Danksta

It is frustrating. He's letting his business turn to shit by the non communication. You can only disappear, come back, and bribe your customers with more swag to make up for the BS so many times. This has turned into just another vape company who has ideas but need their customers money to fund it. Hopefully I'm wrong and the the perfect storm of shit has truly hit Josh and he can't keep up. If that's the case he should stop accepting money until a true 1-2 week turnaround is possible.

I feel really bad for the dude. I don't mean to add to his frustration but this FORUM can make or break a business. He's not utilizing this forum as he should IMO and should stop the social media hype.

The love this forum has for him will fade away eventually. You can only disappear and reappear so many times.

Seanstuffy

I pretty sure josh only ships and does some emails once a week everyone! Thats why u never hear anything bak for a lil!@Rabbi thats what i been getting out of emails etc

Seanstuffy,

damm

I pretty sure josh only ships and does some emails once a week everyone! Thats why u never hear anything bak for a lil!@Rabbi thats what i been getting out of emails etc

You are being much too kind. I have been waiting myself for some time; and will wait a little longer. This is an incredibly bad thing to get used to; you know?

herbivore21

Oh man, this thread has taken a turn for the worse recently!

I had to come back with a positive report - after using a cap inspired by the pukinbeagle thermal banger carb (bubble style) on my liger 30mm, it has reached a different level of performance.

I am now getting vaporization that is as quickly and efficient as the d-nail sapphire (the bubble style cap makes up for the lack of wicking surface, at the expense of requiring more effort from the user than the d-nail counterpart). I strongly recommend the use of these kinds of caps if you have a Liger. The performance is incomparable in a good way.

I find it works best to place your dab in the centre of the dish without bothering to try and spread it. The goal instead is to put the cap immediately atop the bucket and deftly moving the air intake around to evenly spread your dab around the dish. The speed of vaporization is greatly improved, and the flavor more consistent from start to finish due to reduced pooling, even with very large dabs :D

toros23

I had to come back with a positive report - after using a cap inspired by the pukinbeagle thermal banger carb (bubble style) on my liger 30mm, it has reached a different level of performance.

I am now getting vaporization that is as quickly and efficient as the d-nail sapphire (the bubble style cap makes up for the lack of wicking surface, at the expense of requiring more effort from the user than the d-nail counterpart). I strongly recommend the use of these kinds of caps if you have a Liger. The performance is incomparable in a good way.

That is good to know, I always wondered if your results were different than mine because you had 30mm vs my 20mm. I rarely use my halo sapphire these days, been enjoying the liger daily with various caps. I actually have a 20mm PB bubble carb coming tomorrow and I can't wait to see how that performs compared to the others.

Armerad

Dabbin'

I find it works best to place your dab in the centre of the dish without bothering to try and spread it. The goal instead is to put the cap immediately atop the bucket and deftly moving the air intake around to evenly spread your dab around the dish. The speed of vaporization is greatly improved, and the flavor more consistent from start to finish due to reduced pooling, even with very large dabs :D
Excited to hear! Have you had any issues with additional residue buildup between the insert and the dish with the bubblecap as @ItWasaGoodDre did on page 59?

ItWasaGoodDre

Happy to see you are having the same bubble cap experience as I am! Complete game changer for the liger. It took my liger to a whole new level. My liger absolutely crushes dabs now to the point. I can regularly cash my dabs to the point there is no vapor coming through my rig if I want to. Now that's restriction!

Did you pick up one of the Chad Bro bubble caps? Absolute steal @ $30. Best bargain in glass.

ItWasaGoodDre

Excited to hear! Have you had any issues with additional residue buildup between the insert and the dish with the bubblecap as @ItWasaGoodDre did on page 59?

I need to add something here that I figured out through the course of this ideal. My Liger had been clogged with a phantom cotton ball from a qtip head a few weeks ago. It took multiple cleanings and dismantling to get out. As you can imagine, this blockage made it harder to pull. Once I got it out, I noticed that I was still pulling on my rig extra hard due to being used to the restriction. This was happening simultaneously to me getting the bubble cap. It was the combination of the added restriction from the bubble cap and me power sucking (lol) my rig that caused the extract buildup.

So under normal circumstances, I highly doubt this situation would repeat itself often.

Last edited:

herbivore21

That is good to know, I always wondered if your results were different than mine because you had 30mm vs my 20mm. I rarely use my halo sapphire these days, been enjoying the liger daily with various caps. I actually have a 20mm PB bubble carb coming tomorrow and I can't wait to see how that performs compared to the others.

I have to say man, I still can't say that the Liger is quite as attractive of a proposition overall as the halos. The reasons are as follows:

1. The halo allows the user to dab, place the cap and take that hand away for the rest of the hit. The only hand required after cap placement is to hold your rig while you hit it. The Liger with bubble cap may function much better than with the standard liger caps (tastes/vapes as good/quickly, but not better than the d-nail halo), but you have to use two hands and focus on moving the bubble cap around the dish. It is easier and less effort/care is involved to use the halo.

2. The Liger is much more (over $100) expensive than the equivalent halo. Having to find a cap from a different vendor for best performance adds additional shipping costs to the equation too.

3. There have been a lot of issues with machining of various components ending in new liger parts requiring replacement, also the delays which have cropped up above.

4. Of the two products, Ligers and halos, like @SamuraiSam has said elsewhere here - the halos are just dialled in. Every little detail just works right. The Liger is great, especially now that I've got a bubble cap that works so well, but there is a lot of trial and error and knowledge required to get the best possible experience.

I've not had to try off-brand components (additional $$$) or change my technique with the halos to get the best performance since when I first bought my SiC halo years ago now. Both of these things needed to happen with the liger to get similar functionality and the halos remain the simpler and easier to use solution.

I still regularly use my d-nail SiC and Sapphire halos. I use my Liger Sapphire too as can obviously be seen here lol, but it will never replace my halos overall for the above reasons :2c: I especially would never bring my liger/bubble cap combo out of the house. I would not let anybody else handle the bubble cap at all due to breakage risk.

The Liger remains a great nail, one of the best! IMO it just doesn't quite dethrone the halos, which have held that throne for a long time now.

Thankfully no, I have been very conscious of this danger though, so I make sure to move my carb airflow so that it does not blow any material over the sides of the inserts.

Happy to see you are having the same bubble cap experience as I am! Complete game changer for the liger. It took my liger to a whole new level. My liger absolutely crushes dabs now to the point. I can regularly cash my dabs to the point there is no vapor coming through my rig if I want to. Now that's restriction!

Did you pick up one of the Chad Bro bubble caps? Absolute steal @ $30. Best bargain in glass.
Nope, I had something much more custom done to match something special. Those Chadbro caps look great too! If I had a 20mm liger, I'd buy one of the OG pukinbeagle caps to show some love to the originator of the design. I think that PB doesn't get enough cred sometimes. :2c:

Seanstuffy

You are being much too kind. I have been waiting myself for some time; and will wait a little longer. This is an incredibly bad thing to get used to; you know?
Yea im two weeks out for it being a 2 months wait myself! Im also not waitin much longer.. Really hope they say something soon!

What size ball caps are ppl using for the 20mm?

Seanstuffy,

Danksta

You would probably like the Riptide cap too. It's giving me more complete vaporization than the Terp Trunk and it's not pooling as much either with the Riptide. It could be a tiny bit bigger to cover the 30mm bucket, but it's still great. I'm really excited for the 20mm. Dabs also taste better when I use the Riptide vs the Terp Trunk. The Trunk isn't even an option now.

Which exact cap did you get @herbivore21 ? The one I ordered off dhgate isn't quite big enough and it touches the dish.

This product is great, but there is zero excuse for the non communication. Some of you guys are being too kind. It's 2017 and we're all connected. If he doesn't have email on his phone he needs to get on that. It's no way to run a business answering once a week.

Danksta,
Reactions: Rabbi
Top Bottom