CCA Liger banger V3.0

PoopMachine

After a few weeks of kicking it around, I think Im going to part ways with my Liger. I like it but Mrs P doesnt really care for it. She likes the Halo style nails because they are easier for her to use than the banger style.

Soon as I can get a picture taken of all the stuff, it will be in the For Sale section.

toros23

After a few weeks of kicking it around, I think Im going to part ways with my Liger. I like it but Mrs P doesnt really care for it. She likes the Halo style nails because they are easier for her to use than the banger style.

Soon as I can get a picture taken of all the stuff, it will be in the For Sale section.

I keep going back and forth between the liger and the halo, so I think I must like having both.. : )

Gn0sis

That's interesting you guys find Liger /w sapphire and Sapphire Halo on par or the Halo being better

When I got my Liger + Storm Cell cap, I saw such an improvement in the flavor profile of each concentrate in my stash that I had to re-try everything again as if for the first time and haven't went back to the Sapphire Halo since.

I dab almost exclusively on flavorful, terpene-rich stuff like FSE, SHO, live resins, sugars, budders...etc. I've dabbed on the Halo at very low temps before and even so, it was never as fully defined of a flavor profile taste as I get with the higher temp that the Liger requires.

Makes me curious to try the Halo again to see if I'm missing something....

herbivore21

That's interesting you guys find Liger /w sapphire and Sapphire Halo on par or the Halo being better

When I got my Liger + Storm Cell cap, I saw such an improvement in the flavor profile of each concentrate in my stash that I had to re-try everything again as if for the first time and haven't went back to the Sapphire Halo since.

I dab almost exclusively on flavorful, terpene-rich stuff like FSE, SHO, live resins, sugars, budders...etc. I've dabbed on the Halo at very low temps before and even so, it was never as fully defined of a flavor profile taste as I get with the higher temp that the Liger requires.

You are definitely missing something brother. I actually only exclusively dab high terp solventless stuff made by yours truly (and I am sure that we can all agree that my extraction skills are up there with most anybody's for these purposes!).

The flavor difference is IMO nearly non-existent. Where present, the flavor difference tends to be due to variables such as whether or not you have spread your oil about the dish well on the liger or not and how much pooling has taken place (no wicking surface and the way that the angle of the Liger can be adjusted very finely means that pooling in the corners of the dish is a very real risk, and can cause serious negative effects on flavor, pooled concentrates other than full melt - which does not run across a polished surface like other oils - taste like garbage rapidly when this happens).

IME, the Liger sapphire often tastes worse than the Sapphire Halo, as the sapphire halo spreads your oil better with the wicking surface, and also with the superior carb cap functioning. The Sapphire halo accordingly boils your dab more efficiently and leaves less pooling and overcooked oil prior to complete vaporization. If you spread your oil evenly over the liger sapphire insert and it doesn't pool, it will taste almost, if not identical to the sapphire halo IME.

I have never experienced better flavor from the Liger sapphire than the sapphire halo, but I do not believe that the Halo is better tasting some of the time for any reason other than it is more likely to vaporize your dab more efficiently and with less pooling when you are not paying close attention to evenly spreading your dab on the nail.

I actually wonder if you were dabbing on the sapphire halo at temps that are too low. I find that that if you turn your temp about 20-40f lower than the 'sweet spot' on a sapphire nail, it actually tastes worse by the time your dab finishes, not better. There seems to be a point where less temp is not more taste on sapphire. I believe this may be because some of the less volatile compounds are overcooking at this low temp and by the time they are volatilized, have decomposed and so give off a less desirable taste.

Last edited:

Danksta

On the topic of caps, there doesn't seem to be much Hurricane feedback lately. The Hurricane isn't perfect, but I think its smooth design rather than the staggered discs might give it a better seal. Since the Storm Cell seems to be wider in order to accommodate 30mm Ligers, I think the issue with 16 and 20mm is that it just doesn't fall into place like a Storm Cell would into the 30. Now, I only own the Hurricane cap and 30mm nail myself, but I think some owners of the smaller models would have liked it better.

Are there any 30mm users out there who own both the Hurricane and latest Storm Cell as well as a Terp Trunk? I don't think the lowest setting on the Hurricane is that airy, though I'm still interested to hear and see how well they function side by side.

I have all 3 and the Hurricane is the most airy out of all of them. This might have been due to poor machining though. It worked better with my first bucket and not so well with my replacement bucket. That design requires the machining for both parts to be perfect in order for it to work.

These glass caps seem to be best. Just simple flat glass.

I got one of the new Riptide caps arriving today to pair with the 30mm. I'll report back how it compares to the Terp Trunk. ATM the Trunk is the best cap I've used for this setup. It allows you to watch the dab as it vapes which makes it easier to finish a dab. I'm getting the most complete vaporization from my liger than ever before. I feel I have it dialed in just about the best it's going to get.

So I really hope I get my 20mm w/ quartz in the mail soon. When these things work they are champs and I quickly forget about any CS issues I had.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Could anybody give me measures of the Terp Trunk please (height, diameter of the dish and the inner airflow hole) Would ask a german glassblower to recreate the TT for a reasonable price for me.
How does the TT work with the 20mm Liger?

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Quoted for truth.

I hope that official emails continue to be sent from here on in as @Rabbi has indicated happened last time (great news!).

Both of these recent members to FC have raised a seriously important matter. Thank you both for joining and for your contributions. I am sorry to hear that you have had problems with your CCA experience, Josh is a good guy, just seems to have bitten off more than he could chew when demand for his products skyrocketed quicker than he could keep up. I truly hope he can get back on top of these back orders soon.

People should not be forced to use forums and/or social media to communicate with vendors. It is wonderful to have vendors around in these places of course, but we can't expect everybody in every jurisdiction to feel safe doing so (especially social media, but that is another discussion for another day!). Order details are absolutely private information and it is crucial to make people like @mrbonsai420's (who does a wonderful job and has nothing but respect from this herbivore!) role crystal clear for customers who might freak out if someone on a message board with no vendor banner all of a sudden knows about their order.

Many do not want to talk about that kind of thing publicly or in PM's on a forum - especially those where legal risks are attached.

Emails need to be responded to (even if slowly due to delays). We can't force people to repeat themselves in circumstances that involve unnecessary third party websites whose servers will retain the data of this exchange. Social media has the same problems. This is about privacy and data security as well as customer service.

In fact, most e-nail and vaporizer vendors do the same shit and over-rely on public platforms for private dealings. It needs to stop for the sake of customers like those above :2c:

BTW I just had the most luscious dab of full melt on my sapphire 30mm liger! They are definitely enjoyable when they do end up getting out to customers. I hope that those above all get what they ordered ASAP. :peace:

CCA correspondense is being handled through CCA710 email also. You are not required to get in touch with us here or on IG but they all get to the same guys.
I am just replying to forum responses to cover all bases. I am handling CCA710 emails for a bit, through the CCA710 email platform. I just asked that if I missed your email in the thousands that come into that inbox then PM me and I will make sure I don't overlook that email. You do not need to create an account here to get a reply, email the CCA710 email and I will get back to you there as well.

I just went through this. The shipping discount code could not be combined with the Quartz Swap code to give you a $0.00 balance in the checkout cart. They did refund my $10.00 shipping cost after sending them an email, so no worries there. They are aware of it now, so I expect they will take care of everyone's shipping cost who run into the same issue.

Yeah, can't use 2 discounts I set up in the system, it causes a glitch in the matrix :o so I am just refunding the $10 shipping right back.

I have a SiC Halo and a Quartz Halo as well as all of the Ligers and for me I prefer the Banger style nail as well. In fact as far as form factor goes you will rarely see anyone dabbing off of straight, old school style nails anymore. 99% of people today prefer bangers to something traditionally shaped like an Omninail. But more for me I just like the flavor and the way the Liger hits better. I set them up head to head for a battle in my living room sometimes. Most of my friends also prefer the Ligers hit to my halos. BUT the Halos are no slouch and I have still not hit the sapphire halo. I will say that the heat up time is even faster for the halo than the liger if you are in a hurry. A lot less mass to get to temp.

Of course take my thoughts with a grain of salt because I am obviously on Team Liger, But before I jumped on board team liger I was just a regular customer with both nails and I really saw something special with the CCA Liger's design.

I use an assortment of high end super terpy BHO shatter, some Co2, good Rosin,Live resins, and some of the most terpy sugar waxes. I don't get a lot of Dry sift or 6 star, but I use an assortment of pretty much every other type of errl.

Last edited:

Danksta

CCA correspondense is being handled through CCA710 email also. You are not required to get in touch with us here or on IG but they all get to the same guys.
I am just replying to forum responses to cover all bases. I am handling CCA710 emails for a bit, through the CCA710 email platform. I just asked that if I missed your email in the thousands that come into that inbox then PM me and I will make sure I don't overlook that email. You do not need to create an account here to get a reply, email the CCA710 email and I will get back to you there as well.

Yeah, can't use 2 discounts I set up in the system, it causes a glitch in the matrix :o so I am just refunding the $10 shipping right back.

I have a SiC Halo and a Quartz Halo as well as all of the Ligers and for me I prefer the Banger style nail as well. In fact as far as form factor goes you will rarely see anyone dabbing off of straight, old school style nails anymore. 99% of people today prefer bangers to something traditionally shaped like an Omninail. But more for me I just like the flavor and the way the Liger hits better. I set them up head to head for a battle in my living room sometimes. Most of my friends also prefer the Ligers hit to my halos. BUT the Halos are no slouch and I have still not hit the sapphire halo. I will say that the heat up time is even faster for the halo than the liger if you are in a hurry. A lot less mass to get to temp.

Of course take my thoughts with a grain of salt because I am obviously on Team Liger, But before I jumped on board team liger I was just a regular customer with both nails and I really saw something special with the CCA Liger's design.

I use an assortment of high end super terpy BHO shatter, some Co2, good Rosin,Live resins, and some of the most terpy sugar waxes. I don't get a lot of Dry sift or 6 star, but I use an assortment of pretty much every other type of errl.

Sent you guys a few emails. I'm waiting to hear if you will be sending me a quartz dish or not along with my 20mm bucket. I'm not sending you more cash. Thanks for any info.

Armerad

Dabbin'
Could anybody give me measures of the Terp Trunk please (height, diameter of the dish and the inner airflow hole) Would ask a german glassblower to recreate the TT for a reasonable price for me.
How does the TT work with the 20mm Liger?
I measured the diameter of my Terp Trunk for someone asking about the Mobius version a page or two back; it's 1.75" wide. I'm at work right now, someone with calipers will have to tell you the dimensions of the hole; I imagine it's only a mm or two at it's narrowest point.

Works great on my 20mm!

Danksta

Got the riptide cap in today and it's not quite big enough to fully cover the 30mm, but if you get it sealed right it's pretty great. Now my anticipation for my 20mm set is even higher. This cap would be perfect for it. I think it tastes better than the terp trunk too. The way it moves the vapor around is different and I can taste a difference. I can only imagine it's even nicer with a proper seal. Bring on the 20mm!!! :rockon:

Danksta,

herbivore21

I was responding to those members above who seemed to gain the impression that they could only get responses here. Of course, I do not post such communications here :) Thanks for doing what you do man!

herbivore21,

damm

just how long is the sic backorder list? I'm starting to realize I'm alot further back on the list than I thought

It's not really backordered at this point. He's offered refunds to those with SiC orders and once he gets a working supplier he will offer SiC again.

This is from an email Josh (or Micah) sent me.

We are sincerely sorry and regret to inform you that due to unforeseen circumstances, we are unable to fulfill your order and ship you a SiC insert. The recent batches of SiC received from our supplier's were not to the standards of CCA quality. CCA has been so very successful due to your undying loyalty and our unwavering commitment to offering only the very highest quality products. I will not compromise on our standards and ship inferior product to our customers.

Due to this I have had to make the tough decision to temporarily discontinue SiC inserts. All Flat Coil & 20mm SiC are currently not available and 16mm SiC will be available until all current stock is sold.

That being said, we have good news! I have been working with some amazing engineering teams and I am very excited & pleased to announce we are in the process of developing a new proprietary blended ceramic that is superior to SiC in almost every way! This new material has been specifically designed for our application and will be yet another stepping stone in the quest to find the ultimate vaporization system! It is in the final testing phase now, and we will be moving forward with production this month. Look for it to be publicly released in June-July.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Sent you guys a few emails. I'm waiting to hear if you will be sending me a quartz dish or not along with my 20mm bucket. I'm not sending you more cash. Thanks for any info.

As long as you have another order for just a quartz insert (free order, $0) and you reference your original order # you are good to go. The shipping fee is the only glitch to that code method and I just refund that back to you.
This way it's tracked as a real order in the system

mrbonsai420,
Reactions: Danksta

Rabbi

Looks like I'm back in the game! @mrbonsai420 thanks for the update. I'm getting switched to the 16mm w/ SIC that at this moment, are still available.

I think it will work fine for me. My typical doses are anywhere from 5-15mg, maybe an occasional 20mg dab. Much more and I just pass out like a cheap date, so I keep it low out of necessity :)

Danksta

As long as you have another order for just a quartz insert (free order, $0) and you reference your original order # you are good to go. The shipping fee is the only glitch to that code method and I just refund that back to you.
This way it's tracked as a real order in the system

Thanks for your help @mrbonsai420. I went ahead and did that and paid for express. I hope these are in stock and ship this week. Please let me know what the ETA is.

Even though it's just the shipping fee, I still find it a bit unprofessional to charge the customer $10 more dollars just so they can get a swap. Are things that unorganized you need us to generate more paperwork?

Regardless I'm pleased I stuck with Josh, but some people wouldn't have the patience for all of this. :2c:

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
Slightly off topic, but I'm sure some of you like to torch the nail every now and then.
Ever since the insert situation got sorted out I've had the itch to start playing with my Liger gear again

To my surprise, the underside of the Hurricane cap around the air holes was almost exactly the same width as the mouth of my dome, although your mileage may vary. I then adjusted my nail so that it would be just high enough for a dabber tip on the end to be in the dish without scraping the bottom (I like the small shovel because distillate is very runny). It's awesome to go in on a low temp nail and have it carb up right away.

Apologies for my crappy phone camera.
9PuJjA3.jpg

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Thanks for your help @mrbonsai420. I went ahead and did that and paid for express. I hope these are in stock and ship this week. Please let me know what the ETA is.

Even though it's just the shipping fee, I still find it a bit unprofessional to charge the customer $10 more dollars just so they can get a swap. Are things that unorganized you need us to generate more paperwork?

Regardless I'm pleased I stuck with Josh, but some people wouldn't have the patience for all of this. :2c:

No shipping fee, I refunded all of your shipping as I am all customers who use a swap code to add it onto an existing order. You already paid for shipping once on your original order, we don't need you to pay it again.

Slightly off topic, but I'm sure some of you like to torch the nail every now and then.
Ever since the insert situation got sorted out I've had the itch to start playing with my Liger gear again

To my surprise, the underside of the Hurricane cap around the air holes was almost exactly the same width as the mouth of my dome, although your mileage may vary. I then adjusted my nail so that it would be just high enough for a dabber tip on the end to be in the dish without scraping the bottom (I like the small shovel because distillate is very runny). It's awesome to go in on a low temp nail and have it carb up right away.

Apologies for my crappy phone camera.
9PuJjA3.jpg

Cool! I have a travel set that includes a 16mm and a quartz torch nail and the storm cell caps them both quite well. I also carry a little boro cap made for the quartz nail that caps the 16mm quite well! But as you know I am a whore for variety!

Speaking of check out my new rig! Seme Glass ball rig. The color is hand pulled, I call it "Flames"

It is heavy as hell, I couldn't knock this thing over if I tried with a Liger! The foot is hollow so it holds a TON of water but the perc is high so the flavor doesn't suffer for it. It Chugs too with that 4 hole puck perc around the ball!
8ItMn8r.jpg

just how long is the sic backorder list? I'm starting to realize I'm alot further back on the list than I thought

If you have a SiC dish on backorder, contact me with your order # and we can get it swapped out for a Quartz or sapphire. Hopefully the SiC distribution problem will be resolved soon.

Last edited:

hardboiledfrog

tinkerer
I actually wonder if you were dabbing on the sapphire halo at temps that are too low. I find that that if you turn your temp about 20-40f lower than the 'sweet spot' on a sapphire nail, it actually tastes worse by the time your dab finishes, not better. There seems to be a point where less temp is not more taste on sapphire. I believe this may be because some of the less volatile compounds are overcooking at this low temp and by the time they are volatilized, have decomposed and so give off a less desirable taste.
is this on sapphire only? what about SiC or quartz liger vs halo?
have you ever used a thermocouple to measure the dish surface temps of your nails? if so what was the range and typically how long of a warm up time for stable temps?
anyone know of any studies showing the optimum dabbing temperature at the dish surface?

hardboiledfrog,

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
have you ever used a thermocouple to measure the dish surface temps of your nails? if so what was the range and typically how long of a warm up time for stable temps?
anyone know of any studies showing the optimum dabbing temperature at the dish surface?

Yes I use a K thermocouple to measure dish temp.
I let my Liger sit for 10 minutes before using.

I have a Gimido Enail.
Temp set at 600' F
Dish temp at 10 minutes = 480' F

herbivore21

is this on sapphire only? what about SiC or quartz liger vs halo?
I don't use quartz at all actually. Even the quartz halo, which is the best quartz I've ever used (and yes, I've spent ~$1000 on various pukinbeagle nails which weren't as good!) is lackluster compared to SiC and sapphire. Quartz is simply old news IMO and IME. Inferior to SiC and Sapphire for our purposes.

What I mentioned in the post you quoted is only a property I've experienced with sapphire, I find that SiC does not experience this problem unless you turn the temp down much, much lower.

I have used a thermocouple to measure dish temps in the past, but I have not in quite some time and in fact the one I used went missing a few months back (no doubt my own carelessness lol). I never bother measuring my warm-up time. My e-nails are left on 24/7 all year around except when cleaning so this is not relevant for me.

I have a calibrated thermal imager I use for work. I used it to map out the dish on the quartz banger that I use earlier this evening. I will post a sample image tomorrow as this PC has no SD card reader :doh:.

I use a Bee Nail PID with 20mm coil (rep Colorado). After running for five minutes at the 600 dags setting the dish was fairly evenly 475 dags, with one fairly small hot spot right at the 500 mark. This is a cheap quartz banger from a local shop however. As soon as I get my Liger I will repeat the process in much greater detail with several images.

I am loving this forum, my kinda peeps here. Cheers everyone! :science:

Top Bottom