CCA Liger banger V3.0

SleeplessOwls

Yes, I'm using a 14mm female to male attachment, also for reclaim purposes.
I tried 590-600, managed to clear a fat glob in 2 pulls. I guess I'm just not used to being able to take prolonged hits. Rather, I would take the dab when non e-nail banger was still slightly above my preferred temp range, just so I could clear it efficiently and in one go.

SleeplessOwls,

Danksta

I tried 590-600, managed to clear a fat glob in 2 pulls. I guess I'm just not used to being able to take prolonged hits. Rather, I would take the dab when non e-nail banger was still slightly above my preferred temp range, just so I could clear it efficiently and in one go.

I personally like 550 for the flat coil with SiC.

Something I have learned over the year really getting into dabbing is that for good low temp dabs you should expect to need to take multiple pulls to finish the dab. I had originally thought this was a bad thing. It's actually the best way to get the most out of your meds. Too hot and the oil burns and you waste all the goods. Low temp allows you get the most vapor out. You might have to take multiple pulls but they will taste good and get you medicated.

I've done the same sized dabs hot and cool and cool gives me more vapor. Just not in one pull.

Look at it like smoking a bowl. Do you try to finish the bowl in one hit? Or do you savor it?

Low temp is all about savoring flavor. :D

Gn0sis

This is where having a really good carb cap comes in....

A cap that seals well on the banger and can move the oil around the whole insert surface will allow you to take a dab down in less pulls and get you milkier and tastier hits at lower temperatures.

dizaster096

Nice to see he changed the designs on carbcaps. Hurricane looks a lot easier to spin, Don't need any for my self though Gordo bubble cap works great on 20mm. :) The tier 1 sics should feel like quartz when qtipping them and are really reflective.

dizaster096,
Reactions: Danksta

YabbaDABBAdo

Has anyone gotten their new hurricane cap STUCK to their flat coil liger yet, or am I the first?

I guess Im going to let it cool and try a bit of force... might try a few drops of iso first.

I was just about to post this I ended up having it happen twice man and both times I had to turn the nail off and bang it on a table to get it off it was a bitch

ligerliger

I was just about to post this I ended up having it happen twice man and both times I had to turn the nail off and bang it on a table to get it off it was a bitch

Im scared to break the quartz inside but I think I have to try this... ISO didnt help, lot of brute force didnt help, heat cycles didnt help. Fuck.

ligerliger,

ItWasaGoodDre

Speaking of the 30mm, I just got my silver flat coil Liger. Beautiful looking piece of machinery, but I'm having trouble getting an air tight seal. Just plugging one end with my finger and blowing, I can tell there is still a bit of air escaping. Is this normal?

Is there some sort of tuning I should be doing (ala spreading the coil on the other models) to optimize performance?

ItWasaGoodDre,

YabbaDABBAdo

Im scared to break the quartz inside but I think I have to try this... ISO didnt help, lot of brute force didnt help, heat cycles didnt help. Fuck.
Yea man I have no clue what it is but I hit that shit hard I have the SiC tho but I dunno what to do

YabbaDABBAdo,

ItWasaGoodDre

So yeah, it's official - the air intake tube and the downstem on my new flat coil Liger won't make an air tight seal no matter how tightly you screw the two pieces together. No matter what air leaks through the connection. Going to wait on using and judging the 30mm until I get this problem solved.

ItWasaGoodDre,

Gn0sis

So yeah, it's official - the air intake tube and the downstem on my new flat coil Liger won't make an air tight seal no matter how tightly you screw the two pieces together. No matter what air leaks through the connection. Going to wait on using and judging the 30mm until I get this problem solved.

not having an 'airtight' seal is quite normal as long as there's only a little bit of air getting thru... like 1 or 2 bubbles firing off in the perc.

both mine and my friend's 30mm ligers are like that too. my D-nail sapphire halo never had an airtight seal either.

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
Got my Gordo Riptide carb cap in today, and it looks very high quality. Just waiting for my Liger setup and XL bubble carb cap.

Been Vapin,
Reactions: Danksta

ItWasaGoodDre

not having an 'airtight' seal is quite normal as long as there's only a little bit of air getting thru... like 1 or 2 bubbles firing off in the perc.

both mine and my friend's 30mm ligers are like that too. my D-nail sapphire halo never had an airtight seal either.

Thanks man! That makes me feel a lot better. My 20mm is airtight, so I assumed there must be something wrong. The leak is minor, but I was holding out on hitting it until I got some feedback here.

Do we have a consensus yet on the what the best cap is for the 30mm?

ItWasaGoodDre,

EVlL 55

Hello.
I was checking out lazylightnings liger...very nice.
I also was checking out the cap.
I'm aware of the caps now being one holed vs. adjustable.
I also noticed "notches" in the bottom plate that holds the coil.
....this is still V3 right?....not V3+?,..or V3.5? The bottom plate of my V3 is scratched to shit...those notches would have negated that....and it's not a shock the adjustable caps,..albeit beautiful,..dont work all too well ....so I'm guessing the one hole is an improvement on the other...just like the notches on the plate.

....i purchased 2 20mm ligers somewhat in the beginning...
Am I wrong to think I should be able to get these upgrades for my nails w/ out having to purchase a whole new setup??...or am I out of line....

I emailed this question to CCA 2 days ago with no reply.
Those plates would be nice...and id really like to try the one holed caps....shit,..the best cap I have is a V1 single hole on a V2 bucket.

Last edited:
EVlL 55,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Hello.
I was checking out lazylightnings liger...very nice.
I also was checking out the cap.
I'm aware of the caps now being one holed vs. adjustable.
I also noticed "notches" in the bottom plate that holds the coil.
....this is still V3 right?....not V3+?,..or V3.5? The bottom plate of my V3 is scratched to shit...those notches would have negated that....and it's not a shock the adjustable caps,..albeit beautiful,..dont work all too well ....so I'm guessing the one hole is an improvement on the other...just like the notches on the plate.

....i purchased 2 20mm ligers somewhat in the beginning...
Am I wrong to think I should be able to get these upgrades for my nails w/ out having to purchase a whole new setup??...or am I out of line....

I emailed this question to CCA 2 days ago with no reply.
Those plates would be nice...and id really like to try the one holed caps....shit,..the best cap I have is a V1 single hole on a V2 bucket.

out of line, like anything else that has "improvements" over time, like tech, cars, houses, etc......you wouldn't go back to your car dealer expecting a full LED headlight retrofit for free or even a discount if you're already rocking last years model HIDS.......would you?

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
This isn't last year's model
but the rational still holds. you paid for what is in essence still a croudfunded/kickstarter level product, there will always be evolutions but i definitely do not see anyone as being owed anything more than what they received at that moment.....unless its materially defective, and because pretty much everyones ligers (myself with 3 full separate setups, ALL exhibit differences and slight variations) are not 100% solid, perfectly manufactured items......yet we aren't knocking down anyones door for a refund. change the metaphor to your cell phone, your house, your job, hell your significant other.....all holds the same, post purchase hardware upgrades for free would be nice, but imo can't possibly be owed anyone

EVlL 55

Wow...i did?....
Nowhere does this product state it's cloudfunded....so your post means nothing.

EVlL 55,

EVlL 55

:clap::clap::clap:
I can only speak for what I believe is best for my money.....i can also point to 80+ pages of this thread in the opposite direction.
You can justify your money,and what you feel it's worth is all day...its yours.
I really like my liger....but this is not a cloudfunded product,....its up and running and accepting full payment but it's putting out differant,more improved versions of it's own self w/ out notice....i,..personally don't care for it.
I understand and admire your passion...really,...but I respectfully disagree.

Last edited:
EVlL 55,

Baron23

Wow...i did?....
Nowhere does this product state it's cloudfunded....so your post means nothing.
If you are going to argue with the answers, why the hell did you ask "Am I wrong to think I should be able to get these upgrades for my nails w/ out having to purchase a whole new setup??" :bang:

The question was asked and answered....an answer I personally think was reasonable and presented in a civil manner.

Good luck, bro.

YabbaDABBAdo

We all have opinions and that's our own free right but to sit there and criticize a company who backs their product up 100% if it's issue and concern they will email you within 24 hours sometimes even right away because the hurricane sticks to the nail for some reason on the 30 mm like it's welded together and I got an automated response by email saying a case had been opened within minutes of my email!

Now let's get back to the NEW hurricane Sticking to the 30 mm like it is welded/super glued? Anyone
And do anyone know of a good glass cap for the 30?

Ps... not like everyone's complaining because the hurricane and stormcell cap got changed also! do you think everyone should get a new one?

Top Bottom