CCA Liger banger V3.0

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by mrbonsai420, Oct 7, 2016.

1. dizaster096

dizaster096 Well-Known Member

I just msg him on instagram way quicker than email.

My V3 20mm should be here monday or tuesday.

hardboiledfrog and Danksta like this.
  2. Gonzo_da_wind

Gonzo_da_wind Active Member

I feel like the core of the Ligers ability to out "perform" just about any, that anybody who tries it's previously has used is its first it's conceptually simple to use so it's reliable yet has just the right amount of complexity to allow one to "tune" ones individual dab experience to their like. Kinda like other enails or either over kill with trying to have all the bells and whistles that make it rather inconvenient and possibly rather unreliable in the satisfyingness of the dab experience.or go the other way a basic quartz or titanium nail is to me almost redundant to use with a enail setup.it's hybrid nails all the way or Might as go back to the stressfull torch scorch but I digress the balance of reliable and simple use with the right amount of ability to personalize it the individuals preference already begs me to wonder without doing away with the basic resistance heating coil monitored by a by thermal couple embedded within for some some how more synchronised and liked so also more limited like the errlectric . As long as a controller and nail can hold a steady temp for practical utilitarian use it doesnt even need to be accurate. Especially since the liger is where the dab takes place the controller is in essence a power supply. Once you learn which is your perfered liger setup for what situation(rig/dab matereial/stlye there is one for just about evey one then a fancy controller that trys to tell you what the perfect dab for you seems sorta asinine comparatively.

hardboiledfrog and mixchu69 like this.
  3. mrbonsai420

mrbonsai420 I love Grass and Glass!

Well said! I use this technique even with my super terpy sugar waxes too! Leave the cap on and take a few mellow tastey hits down low, you will enjoy it!

Sorry about the website. It will be back up soon guys. You know he's still a one man show.

4. herbivore21

herbivore21 Well-Known Member

I said this a bunch of pages back, this is why I never bother talking about the temps on my controller and comparing them with others lol - different controllers/coils etc will mean that the relationship between the number on the dial and the temp on the dish will not be the same between users and these comparisons are not useful. ;)

@mrbonsai420 glad to hear that you are enjoying the leave your hat on approach too! lol :D

5. Silat

Silat When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.

I tip my "cap" to you when it is on my head and not on my Liger.
    Great post.

6. Silat

Silat When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.

Yes you said it too... :)
    Tip of the "cap" to you my friend.

herbivore21 likes this.
  7. ReggieHaze

ReggieHaze New Member

hi all! I'm new to enails and this forum but I splurged on a 30mm flat coil liger for my first. unfortunately I'm having the problems others have had with lackluster hits and I've already tried adjusting the coil with no success. Please, someone help me get this working right, I'm at my wits end breaking out the whole toolbox to fix something I already paid hundreds of dollars on that's supposed to come out of the box fully functional. Please don't let me be the first person to give up on the liger in disappointment.

8. Gn0sis

Gn0sis Active Member

Instagram was the way to go. He replied quickly even though it was a Sunday evening, and within an hour, my 30mm liger with a sapphire insert order was placed :) Website seems to be working now.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    6079Smith, Danksta and hardboiledfrog like this.
  9. hardboiledfrog

hardboiledfrog tinkerer

so after a week of rigorous and grueling testing, :ko: I have to say that all the descriptions of the liger experience were spot on and I view the liger as an essential piece of your rig if you want to get the most flavor, effects and efficiency from your concentrates. I dab rosin and the dispersion across the bottom and up the sides of the SiC insert is perfectly uniform. :tup:
    my first thought was this thing is a beast compared to my dhgate banger but after a couple of days of using this 20mm I can see the appeal of the larger surface area of the 30mm. I'll probably end up getting a 30mm bucket eventually also... uh, for purely scientific research of course. :brow::science:

the one issue I have is the depth of the chamfer on the intake pipe hole is a bit much and leaves only a couple of threads for the intake pipe to grip. this makes the intake pipe stick into the bucket too far and tends to collect a lot of cotton fibers from the qtips which gets annoying. but my main concern is stripping of the threads over time. on the other hand I haven't had any issues with the intake pipe loosening due to the large contact area of the deep chamfer locking so well. if @CCA710 could maybe thicken the area around the intake pipe hole, like a small boss (mechanical definition), it would give more room for both chamfer and threads.

agree with most of this, I really like the low temp dabs also as I find them more flavorful and don't mind taking multiple draws.

though I would like to hear reported temps along side actual temps measured accurately on the dish as @Seth_ did:

how long does it typically take from a cold start for your SiC temperature to stabilize and also curious as to how tight or loose your insert is compared to your friends ligers?

Danksta and Shrike like this.
  10. mrbonsai420

You can use the locking nut to thread the intake tube in as little or as much as you want. The nut is what makes the bucket tight, not being threaded all of the way in FYI. It does not have to thread into the bucket at all. If you just thread it in a little bit you can even hot swap inserts if you are careful.
    Some people like the air intake to overlap the lip of the insert, others like the air intake to be flush with the side wall.

I use a small pair of pliers with a rag wrapped around the teeth to tighten mine down well. It will stay exactly where you want it whether it's barely threaded in or all the way ;)

11. Manchovees

Manchovees New Member

Liger + SiC insert are out for delivery :D cannot control my excitement

12. mutten840

mutten840 Well-Known Member

@ReggieHaze I have helped others just like you. Shoot me a direct message and we can sync up to get your Liger woes sorted :tup:
    9 times out of 10 it is just a matter of tightening the shit out of the locking nut, but we can go over all this off thread =)

Baron23, 6079Smith, Silat and 3 others like this.
  13. hardboiledfrog

hardboiledfrog tinkerer

thanks for the quick reply. I tried that, except did not use pliers as I can tighten it enough by hand and it stays put, no issue there.
    but if I adjust it flush then it's still only gripping by literally 2 threads and the joint adapter at the other end is pointing up instead of down. so I just screw it in far enough to point the joint adapter down and tighten the lock nut. :shrug:

mostly I leave it be and unscrew the 2 piece bucket to remove the insert when needed, I really like that feature. :tup:

6079Smith likes this.
  14. mrbonsai420

We can certainly help you!
    What are you using for a carb cap and is your coil pressed tightly to the bottom of the bucket?

15. herbivore21

How long ago did you get your unit delivered? Do you have the final heater shroud? If you do not know, please post a picture of your unit here and someone can help you figure it out. The original couple of heater cover parts did not make for efficient heat transfer at all with the 30mm. I am still using one of these and I definitely have to use much hotter temps than I should to get effective functioning.

16. Danksta

Danksta Well-Known Member

Damn, you still waiting on the final shroud?

17. ReggieHaze

ReggieHaze New Member

Hey, thanks for responding, I'm actually working with mutten840 to fix it but I'm not sure about the heat shroud I got mine on Saturday ordered 30th of december

Manchovees, Hogni and herbivore21 like this.
  18. Manchovees

Manchovees New Member

http://m.imgur.com/a/7ofwp

This is my 20mm Liger v3 that came in today with a SiC insert. Soooo glad I ordered the insert. Hits soo smoothly and the flavor is insane!!! Stretched the coils out no problem and was up and running in minutes. Probably helps that I read all 32 pages of this thread before buying it hahaha. Thanks guys!! It did tip my piece over at first, I panicked like fuck but thankfully all is good!

19. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

When I first got my Liger 2.0 I brought this issue up directly with Josh and his statement was that the intake extending just a bit into the bucket was by design so as to secure the insert from falling out. Now, as @mrbonsai420 (and Josh for that matter) said, some folks like to leave it flush so that they can exchange inserts easily.

On the other hand, there has been some recent experiences posted of inserts that were NOT secured in the bucket taking the big lemming-like dive to the floor. So, there is that also.

20. dizaster096

My v3 20mm should be here tomorrow. :)

Danksta likes this.
  21. KimDracula

KimDracula Well-Known Member

Since the topic of the intake protecting the insert is being discussed I thought I would add that the sapphire insert can still fall out of the v2 bucket, so be careful. The old v2 SiC was snug but the v3 sapphire has some extra room so make sure you check it out before assuming it's protected by the protruding intake tube.

22. herbivore21

I will also add to this that I would never want to use the intake tube to hold the sapphire insert in place, since it may stop the insert from falling out if you turn it upside down, but also may increase the likelihood of chipping the sapphire if the bucket is rattled or turned sideways (those of you using 45 degree angled joints will probably have had their liger swing in the joint in a way that could cause this before).

I've never screwed my intake tube any further in than flush with the bucket for this reason and recommend that those with sapphire avoid this practice. With SiC I would be very surprised if there were any problems and folks can probably safely disregard the above. I probably wouldn't do this with quartz either, but quartz is obviously much less expensive if the worst happens so it is less of a problem in that case :)

BTW, my v3 SiC is much smaller than my v3 sapphire and would definitely fall out still if I screwed the intake further in lol

hardboiledfrog and Silat like this.
  23. dizaster096

Out for delivery :razz: Can use my hurricane cap again once i get it. Still works with 2.0 but it has less room to rotate because the v3 has a larger lip and widens at the top of bucket.

Edit: It came but it had bullshit brokerage charges for no reason have to wait till later now :(

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Danksta likes this.
  24. dizaster096

Finally got it took about 5 mins for setup, I've used the v2 for a long time tho. Smart design he has for the heatsink and it's normal for it to be loose for people who like moving coils around. My coil is so tight that it won't budge.

One problem i had with the v2 was that it sat kinda high on most small rigs this sits about a half inch lower or a little more which is nice.

Edit: For anyone new to ligers you will smell the grease from your fingers if you touched it let it run for about 15 mins to get rid of them before use.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  25. duckdown

duckdown optical

Received my Liger 3.0 today, ordered on November 28th.

Very disappointed in the fact that I waited longer than anybody else, and also didn't use the coupon code, Josh and the others said there would be a bonus in with my order (at least a Quartz dish like everyone else) but instead I have a bunch of loosely assembled parts and no extra anything at all..

What gives?

Also, I have no idea how to even assemble this thing. And everything is extremely wobbly and loose, clanging together, is this normal?

No instructions, no packaging, no receipt, nothing. Just loose titanium pieces in a bag ?

Also, I ordered Rainbow finish and it looks like he gave me a mix of BLUE finish and Rainbow.. without asking?

The bucket is not rainbow as advertised, it's solid blue with no effect

Sigh, and he sent me Hurricane instead of Storm Cell?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2017

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors