CCA Liger banger V3.0

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Received my Liger 3.0 today, ordered on November 28th.

Very disappointed in the fact that I waited longer than anybody else, and also didn't use the coupon code, Josh and the others said there would be a bonus in with my order (at least a Quartz dish like everyone else) but instead I have a bunch of loosely assembled parts and no extra anything at all..

What gives?

Also, I have no idea how to even assemble this thing. And everything is extremely wobbly and loose, clanging together, is this normal?

No instructions, no packaging, no receipt, nothing. Just loose titanium pieces in a bag ?

Sent you a PM, we can definitely help you put it together. And it won't be wobbly and loose when you are finished tightening everything.

mrbonsai420,

duckdown

optical
Uploading video now

https://vid.me/UwFu

This is hand tightened to the absolute maximum from both the top, and bottom.

Note the totally wrong bucket as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
duckdown,

herbivore21

I can report back and say that with my final heater cover I am now operating a good 80-100f lower temps and getting great results. What a relief for that poor heater coil lol

Now onto the Liger caps for 30mm version I need to mention the hurricane first:

For the 30mm, IMO do not bother using the hurricane cap. With the 30mm, it is one of the worst carbs I've ever used with a domeless nail! The movement is not very smooth and there are so many angles during movement where the seal is incomplete and vapor loss can occur. The 30mm dish is already giving your dabbable surface area much further away from the intake hole than any other Liger so vapor will tend to go outside the bucket into the air if you do not have a good seal with the cap.

I have got a storm cell cap now too and can give my thoughts which are as follows:

Now onto the good news: The storm cell is great! I have to say, I find that the adjustable airflow is moot on both liger caps (1 hole out of 4 open is all I ever want to use, anymore openings above the dish just encourage more vapor loss and give less clouds), some may enjoy it. The great news is that it seals well and can be easily left on top of the nail during inhale (for the 'leave your hat on' dabbing approach we discussed earlier in the thread) :)

In fact, the Storm Cell on the 30mm Liger is one of the most stable caps I've seen when left on the rig - you can definitely leave this hat on! Even a cough won't topple it!

I do still miss the d-nail cap which IMO is still a much better design for airflow and obviously has a lot of compatibility with other nails beyond d-nail's products. However, the Storm Cell gives me a cap that is very serviceable and since the 30mm Liger gives me benefits for my own full melt dabbing needs that justify the product alongside my sapphire halo - this is wonderful! Besides, no other cab with screw-in dabbers is gonna seal on the 30mm bucket lol!

IIRC it would almost be worthwhile to advertise the current iteration of Hurricane caps as being for the smaller ligers only (which I am told seal nicely!), this is how strongly I feel about this cap not suiting the 30mm!

I have definitely noticed some less than perfect titanium finishes: I had to spend a lot of time cleaning up some small burrs in the CNC work on parts of my caps (tbh on most of my titanium parts from CCA). This is not the only time I have run into this issue with metal components from vape manufacturers but it is the first time with an e-nail vendor.

However, Josh has clearly had a difficult time with the ti manufacturer as we all know by now and this is not his fault. Here's to hoping that he brings this manufacturing in-house as mentioned, which I'm sure will put this to bed!

In the meantime, I heartily recommend that everybody using a liger thoroughly inspect their titanium components for burrs and remove them as cleanly as possible. Parts of these burrs can become loose and come into the airpath over time (titanium shavings in the airpath could easily = bad news especially if you have no water in your pipe).

All this aside, I am loving my storm cell cap and the new heater cover, Josh has definitely sorted out the heater cover part to my satisfaction now as many of you already know from having used it :D

I'd love to see some improvements in the next storm cell cap (angled airflow, compatibility with HE and d-nail and other brand screw-in dabbers), but already I would recommend this product to everybody who owns the 30mm Liger! The stability of the cap left on the nail is epic and it will not fall off during even the worst coughing after a large dab :D

Last edited:

duckdown

optical
I've overtightened the bottom so much now due to suggestions that I can't even untwist it

edit: yikes, finally got this thing unstuck. There is no amount of tightening in the world that's gonna make the shroud fit properly IMO, this thing is woefully mis-sized

The gap between the shroud, and bucket is large enough I can wedge a credit card in it to finally stabilize it

Last edited:
duckdown,

dizaster096

@duckdown You realize the heatshield is meant to be loose so the coil can turn right? Its just to keep heat in its meant to be a little lose so coil can turn.

The piece that secures shroud is also screwed into more threading into the bucket that needs to be tightened first.

dizaster096,

duckdown

optical
@dizaster096 So the looseness displayed in my video is normal?

Can you check the size of the gap between your shroud and bucket, is it large enough a credit card can go into it?

duckdown,

dizaster096

@dizaster096 So the looseness displayed in my video is normal?

Can you check the size of the gap between your shroud and bucket, is it large enough a credit card can go into it?
Yes that's totally normal it's so you coil is not forced into one position. My coil is adjusted to be tighter so it don't move but it's designed like that so coil can move. :)

dizaster096,

duckdown

optical
Yeah man, it's tightened to the bucket to the extreme. I just even tightened it without the shroud in place just to confirm I'm not missing any threads or anything

@dizaster096 ah okay, that is reassuring then, mrbonsai420 was saying it looks like it's loose by at least a full half turn. I tried manually cranking it extra tight with my hands, it's not going any further

duckdown,

duckdown

optical
I can't try it until I hear from Josh, need to know if I have to send the pieces back that were sent instead of what I paid for.

I'm not sure what he wants to do about this, he hasn't replied to my emails yet

@dizaster096 he sent you the purple bucket with a rainbow arm as well?

Also I ordered and paid for Storm Cell 3.0 but was sent Hurricane without even being asked

duckdown,

dizaster096

@dizaster096 he sent you the purple bucket with a rainbow arm as well?

Also I ordered and paid for Storm Cell 3.0 but was sent Hurricane which I *definitely* do not want.. he didn't even ask which is perplexing? I would've saved my money and ordered no cap at all

The rainbow anodizing is different on some of them i've seen some with purple top buckets(not shroud). The hurricane is perfectly fine with the 3.0 20mm it was 2.0 20mm people had problems with and the 30mm has less play room. This is mine.

I am not sure what happened with your order i had receipts in all of mine.

dizaster096,

duckdown

optical
@dizaster096 hrmm, you have your shroud oriented in the other direction.. I have the arm & hole at the bottom. is there a right or wrong way as far as that's concerned?

No paperwork, no receipt, nothing at all. Just my titanium pieces wrapped in construction paper and wrapped in packing tape?

duckdown,

dizaster096

@duckdown no it's just a shroud to keep heat in, mine was like this in its baggy. He doesn't have manuals for 3.0 he had some for 2.0 at some time. Honestly took me like 5 mins and i was heating it up.

I'd keep the hurricane instead of sending it back i like it more than the storm cap.

Last edited:
dizaster096,

herbivore21

@dizaster096 ah okay, that is reassuring then, mrbonsai420 was saying it looks like it's loose by at least a full half turn. I tried manually cranking it extra tight with my hands, it's not going any further
This may be the same issue I have found with the 30mm unit. It is very hard work trying to screw that heater retainer screw tightly enough for ideal functioning. IME adequate tightness requires the use of tools other than one's hand.

I'd like to see the Liger being supplied with a heater nut adjustment tool to make this task managable in future - especially for those with disabilities/problems with fine motor skills!

Try to wrap a cloth etc around the nut and tightening it that way first - don't be surprised if tools are required to get it fully tight! IME hands alone simply cannot get a firm enough grip on the heater nut to tighten it fully.

herbivore21,
Reactions: Gn0sis

mutten840

Just make sure your coil is snug around the center shaft and you will be good to go. The shroud is loose and no tightening will change that. I love the 20mm and the fact that I do not need to use pliers on it to tighten the retaining portion to make the coil seat tightly.

dizaster096

@mutten840

Was just about to say that, I used very little force at all in assembling 3.0 20mm and v2 20mm, Just like the 2.0 you don't want to get it so tight you need pliers. Happens on the air intake sometimes though.

dizaster096,
Reactions: mutten840

herbivore21

Just make sure your coil is snug around the center shaft and you will be good to go. The shroud is loose and no tightening will change that. I love the 20mm and the fact that I do not need to use pliers on it to tighten the retaining portion to make the coil seat tightly.
Definitely would agree that it would be a nice thing not to have to use tools for assembly man!

IME the 30mm requires the user to dedicate a coil to leave connected to it, since taking it apart and putting it back together is definitely the most work I've experienced assembling an e-nail and something I'd rather avoid wherever possible.

I am thankful that the bucket doesn't tend to get dirty as I only use inserts so taking apart the coil portion is rarely necessary :)

duckdown

optical
Just heard back from Josh, a nice professional response as well.

He clarified the shroud is supposed to be loose as the rest of you gentlemen have confirmed.

He also explains how he received a totally bad batch of Storm Cells and made the decision to just send the Hurricane in place, as I wouldn't have to wait longer. My understanding is that at some point in the coming months he's going to send me the Storm Cell as well, which is great by me!

All in all, I'm happy with the resolution, and look forward to trying it out soon!

One last question, since I didn't receive the quartz dish in addition to my SiC like most other people did: Is it worth buying it, to have as well? Typically I've always used nothing but quartz, is there much of a difference between the SiC and quartz?

Thanks fellas, appreciate all of your time and help with things!

Cheers

herbivore21

He clarified the shroud is supposed to be loose as the rest of you gentlemen have confirmed.

He also explains how he received a totally bad batch of Storm Cells and made the decision to just send the Hurricane in place, as I wouldn't have to wait longer. My understanding is that at some point in the coming months he's going to send me the Storm Cell as well, which is great by me!

All in all, I'm happy with the resolution, and look forward to trying it out soon!

One last question, since I didn't receive the quartz dish in addition to my SiC like most other people did: Is it worth buying it, to have as well? Typically I've always used nothing but quartz, is there much of a difference between the SiC and quartz?

Cheers
IME I stopped using quartz back when I got my SiC halo. SiC made quartz redundant for me :D

dizaster096

Cheers
My quartz dish sets in its wrapping it came with, i've used it it's only better for milk shots.

Last edited:

KimDracula

I never use mine, either. I always used SiC until the sapphire arrived. I think everyone should switch to SiC when possible now. Quartz just doesn't cut it any more IMO.

Glad you got sorted, duckdown. You'll like it with the Storm Cell even more, I think, although the Hurricane works pretty well for the 20mm, too.

buckhakeesah

Cheers

I may have received a bad storm cell as well. This one ended up being free since I originally ordered the hurricane but received a storm cell mistakenly. For those that have a good storm cell cap, does your cap sit very securely once you carb it? Mine seems like it doesn't seat as well as I think it was intended, I have a 20mm V3. I think this may have been commented on before, de ja vu.

buckhakeesah,
Reactions: duckdown

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.

Cheers

Forget the quartz.
SIC or Sapphire is a yes.

Manchovees

Woah, interesting to find out that the heat shroud is supposed to be loose. Mine is locked in place from installation and it'd become a small hassle having to keep my rig in some perfect position in relation to my enail controller. I will have to play with that tonight, it'd be nice to not have to baby my piece so much.

Manchovees,
Top Bottom