• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

CCA Liger banger V3.0

mutten840

@ataxian I think @mrbonsai420 nailed it in his response about the Auber and such. The big takeaway is you will not have the mobility of a pen. But you will gain a new level of flavor and the cost is really one time as once you have all the gear. It is just a cleaning of the nail and such when needed. The liger really is maintenance free as even cleaning is a breeze. Break down and dump in a Ziploc bag and add some rubbing alcohol and close the bag and let it sit under the faucet on hot for a few. Once the alcohol heats up, it will start working its magic. The coils will need to be replaced like once a year or so (Depending on use) and they run around 30 to 80 bucks depending on where you buy them. Other than that you will need to supply shatter to feed the beast and that is it =)

When I am home I pretty much only use my Liger. But when I go out, I love bringing a mod along for medicating when out and about. =)

Hope this helps and adds a new level of civilized to your shatter game :rockon:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian I think @mrbonsai420 nailed it in his response about the Auber and such.
When I am home I pretty much only use my Liger. But when I go out, I love bringing a mod along for medicating when out and about. =)Hope this helps and adds a new level of civilized to your shatter game :rockon:
I vape alone mostly.

When out at SEA or in a car my MOD filled with SHATTER is my medicine.

At home FLOWER COLAS and SHATTER to stay = CIVILIZED
To have a LIGER set up with it's own station = CIVILIZED

LIGER sound like it's perfect for READING = CIVILIZED

herbivore21

Great to have you interested in the Liger as well because you know the Halos have always intrigued me! and yes the Sapphire should be released on the 30th with the rest of the V3 lineup.

If you want me to make sure you get one of the first batch of sapphire just shoot me a PM and we will get the ball rolling for you. I will also see what little extras I can get thrown in your package. I would love to hear you thoughts on the V3 @herbivore21 !

I know you like the flat coil, and the 30mm flat coil is fantastic! BUT, if you plan on ever using both of them at the same time and you are buying a second coil anyway ($50) you might want to consider a 20mm coil as your second coil and go that route? Either way I'm sure you will be pleased. Hit me up.
Many thanks for the offer brother, I'll have to hit you up and find out what all the fuss is about :) :peace:

@ataxian my friend, you will love having an e-nail. Less time spent medicating to get the same effect and more time spent tending your garden - that is CIVILIZED!

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Many thanks for the offer brother, I'll have to hit you up and find out what all the fuss is about :) :peace:

@ataxian my friend, you will love having an e-nail. Less time spent medicating to get the same effect and more time spent tending your garden - that is CIVILIZED!
@herbivore21 {2 GSC; 2 GRAPEFRUIT; 2 THAI; 2 DUTCH TREAT}
More time tending the garden?
LIGER = CIVILIZED

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
@FlyingLow those are some expensive porches!! :p

Of course you can PM me...anytime about anything. Be warned, I may or may not have anything intelligent to say on the subject (usually not LOL).

Oh, I don't think @mrbonsai420 doesn't want you to have one, but the 3.0 NOT generally available yet but CCA 710 did project the end of the month or so for its release. Personally, I am totally satisfied with my Liger 2.0 with the SiC in 20mm and if I get a 3.0 it will also be in 20mm (I mean, just how fat a dab are you going to vape haha) with SiC. I have the Storm Cap but one of its shortfalls is that its sometimes a bit tricky to get it seated well on the 2.0 bucket and could have used a bit more of a back cut to guide it into place. With the 3.0, I will get the Hurricane Cap as it seems avoids that problem. But really, any cap of any type will do the job.

Liger and all things CCA 710 can be found here:

http://www.cca710.com/liger/

Auber enail controllers and coils can be found here.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=45

I got the 300 but really don't use the extra features like timed shut off. The 200 would probably have worked just as well for about $50 less. When go to order you can add a barrel coil for a reasonable price. They seem to be of good quality and Auber is right in Georgia (USA, not Russia) and so they can be easily called up which I like.

Please do PM me if I can help any further.

Cheers

What about the RDK 110? I see in the description that it can reach 700 in 4 minutes........is that max temp? The heater coils all have a higher max temp, but was wondering if this one is so much cheaper because it only goes up to 700.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

What about the RDK 110? I see in the description that it can reach 700 in 4 minutes........is that max temp? The heater coils all have a higher max temp, but was wondering if this one is so much cheaper because it only goes up to 700.
tYhLSYI.jpg

Where did you get that?
YrC27fO.jpg

Is that a LIGER?

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
tYhLSYI.jpg

Where did you get that?
YrC27fO.jpg

Is that a LIGER?

Joda blew me that j-hook and the 2nd photo is my EVO hooked up with an air pump in its intake.

I don't have a Liger but I am very interested. I have a Chinese flat coil setup with the Dnail SiC HALO or with a TI Halo/Sapphire convection dish. The enail truly brings the best out in concentrates, you'd love one!

The liger appeals cause of the inserts and also the "built in" drop down in a sense. I don't like having my coil heating metal that is in my expensive pieces, I tend to throw an adapter on me as a safe measure. But with this heating the dish off to the side, I'm not as worried about it.

It's worth it to get a cap that fits perfectly and seals up well, as well. Night and day difference.

Baron23

It should definitely go higher. Go to the page on Auber's site for the 110. Go to the bottom of the page. Click the link that says Instruction Manual. Look at the table in paragraph one where it says
Temperature control range: Less than 1000 ° F

Then go to Auber's home page, go to the bottom and click in Contact Us and call them and ask to be sure and chew them out for the vagueness of their manual in this respect. NOTE: the manual for the 300 is more precise and says "Temperature control range - 200 to 1000 ° F"

Auber Instruments, Inc.
5755 North Point Parkway, Suite 99
Alpharetta, GA 30022 USA

Tech Support: info@auberins.com
Phone:
(770) 569-8420
(404) 926-6098
(404) 983-8228
Office hours: 9AM - 5PM (ET), Monday through Friday.

Armerad

Dabbin'
@FlyingLow

Hi, I have the RDK-110 Silver, which I bought at the current price of $54.50 a month or two ago.

I can confirm that it goes well above 700F (highest I have hit it at is like 730, but I have run the coil at ~850 for cleaning). It is a fully functioning enail PID controller. I actually prefer it to the more expensive 200/300 versions, as the power cord comes out the back, whereas the enail wire comes out the front which works very well for my desk setup.

Excellent enail brick for the price. I would highly recommend it.

Also, here's a picture of all the different Storm Cell 3.0/Hurricane cap options which Josh provided me. Hopefully it is helpful to others.
jZyXJyB

Here's the url if it wont load properly: http://imgur.com/jZyXJyB

Last edited:

herbivore21

When I had THAI STICKS back during the VIETNAM war it brings great memories during a scary time in our history!

THAI SHATTER with a LIGER = CIVILIZED
Man I had All Along the Watchtower playing on repeat in my mind as I read this post! Those uplifting Thai sticks must have been great medicine for a dangerous and fearful time! What an era!

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Also, here's a picture of all the different Storm Cell 3.0/Hurricane cap options which Josh provided me. Hopefully it is helpful to others.
jZyXJyB

Here's the url if it wont load properly: http://imgur.com/jZyXJyB

@Armerad: Thx for this pic!
The new caps are looking so awesome! The nicest ones all around IMHO. Are the dab tips (beautiful collection) smaller than the old ones? On pics the old ones seem to be bigger and coarsely?

Hogni,

GSR

Went ahead and preordered a 20mm v3 with a SiC insert and hurricane carb cap. Would've preferred sapphire but its a tad out of my price range for now.

So excited for the future :brow::nod::D

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
@Armerad: Thx for this pic!
The new caps are looking so awesome! The nicest ones all around IMHO. Are the dab tips (beautiful collection) smaller than the old ones? On pics the old ones seem to be bigger and coarsely?

Yes!
They are much smaller than the V2 tips.
I don't have a photo that depicts both tip versions, but here is a pic of some V3 carb-caps with some Highly Educated dabber tips for reference:

Jy7rxdI.jpg

:leaf:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Yes!
I don't have a photo that depicts both tip versions, but here is a pic of some V3 carb-caps with some Highly Educated dabber tips for reference:

Are those round silicone dish halves that you use to hold the caps?

Silat,

Baron23

Yes!

Jy7rxdI.jpg

So I have a couple of questions also, if you don't mind.

Am I correctly seeing that you have a HE dabber tool screwed into a Storm cap? So the threads are compatible?

I have a Storm with the skeleton handle. Which do you like better, the skeleton or the new thin handle.

It appears that you can put a dab tool on the end of the new thin handle also...is that correct?

What is the bell mouthed tip on the Hurricane with the skeleton handle in your picture above? Is that a dab tool?

Now that you have both, which do you find easier to use, the Storm or the Hurricane. With the V 2.0 Storm, I wish there was more of a back cut to guide the cap into place on the bucket. Its a touchy fit, it seems. So, I'm leaning toward buying a Hurricane but, wow it looks BIG. Do you like it on a 20 mm Liger?

Thanks in advance for considering my questions.

Cheers

alittledabwilldoya'

Are those round silicone dish halves that you use to hold the caps?

They are.
I find that it keeps everything nice and clean

So I have a couple of questions also, if you don't mind.

Am I correctly seeing that you have a HE dabber tool screwed into a Storm cap? So the threads are compatible?

They are.

I have a Storm with the skeleton handle. Which do you like better, the skeleton or the new thin handle.

Hard to say.
I like the skeleton handle with the Hurricane cap as it gives better grip for rotating the cap.
I like the contoured handle for the Storm cap, as that's the lightest + I like the feel of the contoured handle.

It appears that you can put a dab tool on the end of the new thin handle also...is that correct?

No, that is all one piece.
Although it's small and well designed; doesn't let too much concentrate creep up the dabber.

What is the bell mouthed tip on the Hurricane with the skeleton handle in your picture above? Is that a dab tool?

It's a dabber tip for the skeleton handle.
It has a hollow hemi-spherical mouth that one could tamp into dry sift concentrates.
I like it on the top of skeleton handle merely for it's ergonomics (makes the dabber feel nice in hand and provides a nice grip point when lowering in one's dab to the bucket).

Now that you have both, which do you find easier to use, the Storm or the Hurricane. With the V 2.0 Storm, I wish there was more of a back cut to guide the cap into place on the bucket. Its a touchy fit, it seems. So, I'm leaning toward buying a Hurricane but, wow it looks BIG. Do you like it on a 20 mm Liger?

Thanks in advance for considering my questions.

Cheers

If I only had one, probably the Hurricane cap.
I like the feel of rotating the cap in three dimensions, siliky smooth.

But I find that I'm using the Stormcell cap with the contoured handle the most.
While both caps have a variable air flow design, my rig really purrs with the Storm cap with two holes open.

When viewing the two caps it's clear that the air holes are drilled through the lid at an angle to cause the incoming air to votex.
The Stormcell cap , however, has it's entry holes close to the center axis of the cap, while the exit holes are quite a bit farther out from the axis; causing the air to vortex and force concentrate away from the walls of the insert. (this is educated conjecture as I don't have any fluid dynamic modeling going on here).

I do like the Hurricane on the 20mm.
Probably like the Stormcell on the 30mm.

Hmmm, that didn't work out the way it was supposed to.
Please click to expand.

Last edited:

PoopMachine

The bell mouthed thing is a finger saver for the skeleton handle. Basically it just adds some length and doesnt get hot if the rest of the cap does. He has a couple of new tips for the dabbers as well including a fantastic ball point one.

alittledabwilldoya'

The bell mouthed thing is a finger saver for the skeleton handle. Basically it just adds some length and doesnt get hot if the rest of the cap does. He has a couple of new tips for the dabbers as well including a fantastic ball point one.

That makes more sense, it's very comfortable, and makes spinning/rotating easier.
As well as making the whole apparatus aerodynamic, balanced and deadly!
I had to restrain myself from embedding it into my wall.

3hqB3tx.jpg

Other close-ups:

4PBL94U.jpg

nrzlyXY.jpg

:D

edit to add that while the HE dabber tips will thread into the V3 Liger carbcaps they WILL NOT hold down the variable air flow washer.
One can use that combination, but is a bit of PITA as you have to keep that washer held in place with your finger/thumb as you flip it over after putting one's meds in the nail, if you want to keep your desired airflow choice intact.
I don't like seperate dabbers / caps so I made it work for a week or two when I got tired of using the big chunky V2 dabber tips.

Last edited:

Baron23

That makes more sense, it's very comfortable, and makes spinning/rotating easier.
As well as making the whole apparatus aerodynamic, balanced and deadly!
I had to restrain myself from embedding it into my wall.

3hqB3tx.jpg

Other close-ups:

4PBL94U.jpg

nrzlyXY.jpg

:D

edit to add that while the HE dabber tips will thread into the V3 Liger carbcaps they WILL NOT hold down the variable air flow washer.
One can use that combination, but is a bit of PITA as you have to keep that washer held in place with your finger/thumb as you flip it over after putting one's meds in the nail, if you want to keep your desired airflow choice intact.
I don't like seperate dabbers / caps so I made it work for a week or two when I got tired of using the big chunky V2 dabber tips.

Thanks, perfect.

Not really interest in using HE dabber with the Hurricane cap, more just curiousity about what I was looking at. Thanks for the added info.

I do have the Storm 2.0 skeleton with the dab tools which I don't use as they are indeed big and chunky...even gigantic. LOL

As a result, I use a Ti dabber to apply the concentrate to the insert and then switch to the Storm to cap it. Because they are rather too big for me at least, I have not used the capability of adding the dab tool downstream of the cap (as you show above) and therefore dab and cap in one motion.

With the new dab tools and cap, does that approach work well?

Sorry for pestering with all of the questions. When I get on your last nerve, just tell me to go away! LOL

Cheers

alittledabwilldoya'

... I have not used the capability of adding the dab tool downstream of the cap (as you show above) and therefore dab and cap in one motion.

With the new dab tools and cap, does that approach work well?

Sorry for pestering with all of the questions. When I get on your last nerve, just tell me to go away! LOL

Cheers

No worries.

The simultaneous dabncap does work well.
But I can't decide which method works better.
I find that I normally use the more traditional carbcap set-up with the contoured dabber on the top.

alittledabwilldoya',
Reactions: Baron23

herbivore21

No worries.

The simultaneous dabncap does work well.
But I can't decide which method works better.
I find that I normally use the more traditional carbcap set-up with the contoured dabber on the top.
Man I am so glad either way to see that the liger caps are compatible with the HE/D-nail dabber tool threadings! :D I love the new style two prong d-nail dabber tip and a lot of the Liger dabbers look a little unwieldy for my needs (I have some symptoms that make this a problem, this probably not be the case for other users who do not share my medical symptoms!).

herbivore21,
Top Bottom