CCA Liger banger V3.0

exmex

Ha ha, that was where I went after posting here. I don't guess there is a combo you recommend is there? Thanks again

Cant go wrong with either a @710Coils 25mm axial coil and deep dish quartz banger or if u like big monster dabs maybe go the 30mm route. If u want inserts go with greekglass for 25mm and 30mm sapphire or ruby , and go with fadespace for 25 or 30mm SiC or their AIN (s-tier+) which I highly recommend.

If u want to reuse ur current v3 or air liger inserts then u could get a augusthaus XXXL quartz banger and coil. They fit in it perfectly with enough room for expansion.

I have all these options and more so I'll try and answer any questions u might have. Cheers and happy 420!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Cant go wrong with either a @710Coils 25mm axial coil and deep dish quartz banger or if u like big monster dabs maybe go the 30mm route. If u want inserts go with greekglass for 25mm and 30mm sapphire or ruby , and go with fadespace for 25 or 30mm SiC or their AIN (s-tier+) which I highly recommend.

If u want to reuse ur current v3 or air liger inserts then u could get a augusthaus XXXL quartz banger and coil. They fit in it perfectly with enough room for expansion.

I have all these options and more so I'll try and answer any questions u might have. Cheers and happy 420!

Do you like the aluminum nitride more than gemstone?

invertedisdead,
Reactions: exmex

Baron23

So in my pre holiday cleaning of the v3, it seems I completely screwed the pooch. I overtightened the retaining nut under the coil putting it back together, which has now stripped out these threads...am I completely screwed or is there some way possible to work something out until I can find a replacement?
Thanks all
What stripped? The nut or the bolt side?

If the nut, if you look hard I’m sure you can find something compatible.

If the male threads on the bolt, take it to a machine shop or decent mechanic and I’m sure those threads can be recut w aide set, no?

By the by, I do have a couple of 710ciils 25mm QBs and coils and they are outstanding.

But I still use my liger v2, 20mm w obsidian and still love it. I think it may have been the best version he made.

Now, the over-engineered carb cap sits collecting dust in favor of a bubble cap, but the liger itself is rock solid.

Baron23,

exmex

Do you like the aluminum nitride more than gemstone?

I think so haha. I know it's not a straight answer but it's probably the most accurate. Out of all my inserts I use the AIN the most but I also like to bounce to a blue sapphire and I'll be on that for a few days until it needs a cleaning. I'll jump around to clear sapphire , ruby and SiC random for something different but I always seem to gravitate back to the AIN. I guess gun to my head one insert only it would be the AIN. My biggest complaint with the AIN tho is it's not a smooth surface, its rough so Qtiping ain't the easiest, SiC wins in that department, so easy to qtip clean.

exmex

I think so haha. I know it's not a straight answer but it's probably the most accurate. Out of all my inserts I use the AIN the most but I also like to bounce to a blue sapphire and I'll be on that for a few days until it needs a cleaning. I'll jump around to clear sapphire , ruby and SiC random for something different but I always seem to gravitate back to the AIN. I guess gun to my head one insert only it would be the AIN. My biggest complaint with the AIN tho is it's not a smooth surface, its rough so Qtiping ain't the easiest, SiC wins in that department, so easy to qtip clean.
I should say too the favor off the AIN can find more Terps then gems and I dont know how but I feel like I get higher dabbing off the AIN which others have said too without me putting it in their head first so something to be said for that.

exmex

What stripped? The nut or the bolt side?

If the nut, if you look hard I’m sure you can find something compatible.

If the male threads on the bolt, take it to a machine shop or decent mechanic and I’m sure those threads can be recut w aide set, no?

By the by, I do have a couple of 710ciils 25mm QBs and coils and they are outstanding.

But I still use my liger v2, 20mm w obsidian and still love it. I think it may have been the best version he made.

Now, the over-engineered carb cap sits collecting dust in favor of a bubble cap, but the liger itself is rock solid.
I've been hitting my 20mm obsidian in a real thick 25mm banger and 710coil. I agree the 20mm liger was the best, I still have mine but I'm all about that all glass airway these days

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Damn I might have to try one out, been pretty curious about it. Nows probably the best time to order one :D
My sapphires and ruby all qtip out super easily, do you feel AIN gets dirtiest easily? I tried the Fadespace SiC but it didn't really do anything for me, but I am interested in trying the AIN. :science:

invertedisdead,
Reactions: muunch

exmex

Damn I might have to try one out, been pretty curious about it. Nows probably the best time to order one :D
My sapphires and ruby all qtip out super easily, do you feel AIN gets dirtiest easily? I tried the Fadespace SiC but it didn't really do anything for me, but I am interested in trying the AIN. :science:
I would! Theres a 20% corona virus discount right now for the May drop. I'm debating on grabbing a 30mm version of the AIN during this sale. I also want to get a fadespace SiC and have been considering it lately since the release of the SiC v2. What version of SiC do u have from Fadespace?

I have the og first version of the AIN insert (s-tier) for 25mm banger right now but I have the new 25mm (s-tier+) AIN insert, which is supposed to have 33% more mass, on the way in the mail from the last drop that just released. So hopefully have it this week or the next depending when it gets to canada and to canadapost. I bought this insert back around xmas time so I cant wait to get it hahaha.

exmex

Ya it's not the easiest to keep clean or at least I haven't figured out the best way to clean it yet tho I do know of a few other things to try but it cleans up very clean with a pretty quick torching. But straight up keeping clean with a qtip I would go:
SiC, clear sapphire, quartz, ruby, AIN being the hardest.

See that's the thing and why I haven't got a fadespace SiC yet I dont think it's another be anything new or better then the old cca710 obsidian inserts i have now. The only thing I like would be a bigger 25 or 30mm SiC insert for my 25 and 30mm bangers. And hopefully it has a great polish to match the obsidian.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I just give my AlN a torching every week or so, but yeah - it's impossible to keep spotless-clean with just qtips ime.

Maybe with distilled water (or 99% iso) and qtips, but it's not worth the effort in my opinion.

I just torch mine every so often and qtip between dabs til then. I also ordered a second Peak size one, for the May drop, after using my original one daily, since October. I agree with your assessments, @exmex - I feel like the AlN gives better taste, and a better high than any material I have tried thus far. Greatly outweighs the slight inconvenience of it not looking 100% perfect til I torch it. Whatever leftover material there may be left on the insert, between torching does not affect the flavor at all.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I would! Theres a 20% corona virus discount right now for the May drop. I'm debating on grabbing a 30mm version of the AIN during this sale. I also want to get a fadespace SiC and have been considering it lately since the release of the SiC v2. What version of SiC do u have from Fadespace?

I have the og first version of the AIN insert (s-tier) for 25mm banger right now but I have the new 25mm (s-tier+) AIN insert, which is supposed to have 33% more mass, on the way in the mail from the last drop that just released. So hopefully have it this week or the next depending when it gets to canada and to canadapost. I bought this insert back around xmas time so I cant wait to get it hahaha.

I'm not sure which version SiC it was, I didn't buy it, a kind member off here let me borrow his for a bit.

Do you think the extra mass will make much of a difference for enail users? Probably nice for torch dabs but I pretty much always use the e-nail. I was under the impression that it should recover super quickly from the high thermal conductivity if using an e-nail.

I just give my AlN a torching every week or so, but yeah - it's impossible to keep spotless-clean with just qtips ime.

Maybe with distilled water (or 99% iso) and qtips, but it's not worth the effort in my opinion.

I just torch mine every so often and qtip between dabs til then. I also ordered a second Peak size one, for the May drop, after using my original one daily, since October. I agree with your assessments, @exmex - I feel like the AlN gives better taste, and a better high than any material I have tried thus far. Greatly outweighs the slight inconvenience of it not looking 100% perfect til I torch it. Whatever leftover material there may be left on the insert, between torching does not affect the flavor at all.

Did you ever try sapphire? I could never keep my opaque quartz spotless clean either with those little air bubbles, so I guess the AIN would be kind of similar to that for cleaning. Even with heated simple green soaks some of those little bits of carbon wouldn't come off my opaque quartz.

I've mostly been hitting flower lately for a change but I might just have to order one and find out, been wondering for a while.

invertedisdead,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I was back-and-forth, after trying lots of import, lower grade SiC - after trying Fadespace's v2 SiC, I changed my opinions. The AlN is still leaps and bounds better though, imo. The flavors are much more pronounced than other surfaces I've tried.

Apparently the thermal properties of SiC and AIN can vary based on the manufacturing method, sintering additive, and other variables resulting in a final product sometimes below theoretical conductivity values. Do you think that could be what you experienced with some of the other SiC? I guess that's kinda what's going on with this upgraded S-Tier+ with more mass as I was just reading a paper about how the low density of AIN can make it challenging to reach the theoretical conductivity values.

I'm still interested in trying it though, maybe it will be my big 4/20 splurge. :science:

invertedisdead,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Definitely - Fadespace is the only company around offering grade6 SiC for our purposes. Dnail is grade 5 - everyone else is grade 4, afaik.

They are also using a new manufacturer for these newer batches of AlN (their first batch was American - newer batches are Japanese-sourced) and apparently they were unable to laser engrave the first batch... This new batch is laser engraving... and turning the site where the laser hits into aluminum metal. :science:

I also think the + in s-tier+ is to denote that these ones are now finished/polished, whereas the first batch of s-tier (no plus) was simply shipped with a rough surface.

I'm interested to get mine in May and compare the two. It is a very good investment... The 25mm, and 30mm ones look fuggin BEEFY and nice, but I am happy with the Peak size - even for using inside of a banger.

Last edited:

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Definitely - Fadespace is the only company around offering grade6 SiC for our purposes. Dnail is grade 5 - everyone else is grade 4, afaik.

and turning the site where the laser hits into aluminum metal. :science:

Who is the grading according to and do you know the different levels?

And that engraving sounds SAVAGE, might pick one up just for that.

Azn2101

@ensabbahnur So during one of Brendon's fights with the many companies he gets into it with, in this instance FocusV, he stated himself in a live stream and on his IG story board for a long period of time, that he is the only one who offers "Grade VI" Silicon Carbide (that one's always up) and that FocusV' s would be "lower than Grade 3" which he claimed would be the lowest grade SiC brought to market by an actual US based company and his example was DNail claiming that they offered the lowest grade that could still be considered "Medical Grade" and this would bring a "bad name to SiC" since at the time the deaths from fake carts had his State on lockdown from selling anything "vape" related.

I went to Brian and without saying "Brandon said this" for two main reasons, one that I didn't want to be that dude who starts the metaphorical fire and stands back and watches the entertainment. Two because I didn't want an inflated answer knowing it was something being compared to Brendon, Anyway he claimed they use "Grade V" SiC and that "The only difference between Grade V & VI is in the thousandth percentile of purity levels."

Honestly I gave up following this topic of SiC purity so I haven't even kept tabs on the last cat fight between DNail & FadeSpace or if any new info/tests have been done to spite the other company lol.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Honestly I gave up following this topic of SiC purity so I haven't even kept tabs on the last cat fight between DNail & FadeSpace or if any new info/tests have been done to spite the other company lol.

Yeah - kinda futile trying to keep on top of all of it. The shots of the Dnail and Fadespace SiC under microscope are pretty interesting though, considering a lot of the possible dangers of SiC are due to how it's sintered, and the grain.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
This is, after all, the same dude who bashed gemstone inserts as "boof" BUT claims aluminum nitride is super safe and inert because of the al203 aluminum oxide layer formation.... :shrug:Of which my entire sapphire insert is constructed of in pure single crystal form... Still boof, though right? :lol:

I'm no senior level chemist but it seems the hydrolyziation in water was brought up many times already, that would be an issue likely related to trouble obtaining density in the material. Conversely, sapphire is theoretically dense, zero porosity. A hermetic vapor surface.

IMO to attack and bash D-nail like they don't know what they're talking about when they literally invented dabbing off SiC is as low as it gets. So im again having trouble supporting this company due to moral conflict...

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
BUT claims aluminum nitride is super safe and inert because of the al203 aluminum oxide layer formation.... :shrug:Of which my entire sapphire insert is constructed of in pure single crystal form... Still boof, though right?

He's releasing a single crystal aluminum oxide ceramic insert for $30 for all the people that insist aluminum oxide is da best surface bc HEAT RETENTO but buy those $300+ inserts that crack if you breathe on em wrong

muunch,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
He's releasing a single crystal aluminum oxide ceramic insert for $30 for all the people that insist aluminum oxide is da best surface bc HEAT RETENTO but buy those $300+ inserts that crack if you breathe on em wrong

Well that is the reality of high thermal conductivity materials, they don't hold heat for long (that's why they conduct quickly) which is why they're mostly used in heatsinks; while aluminum oxide is frequently used to build ovens, furnaces, and kilns. It seems that heat retention is a relevant topic for some if the S+ is being produced with more mass, specifically to increase the heat retention. Now in my opinion heat retention and thermal mass is an often overrated concept in vaporizer design, but it depends on how the material is being used. The fact is most banger users still torch, and torch users have different usage requirements. I'd actually love to see statistics on how many dabbers use enails, I'd be surprised if it was more than 5%.

Sapphire and silicon carbide are both 9 on the Mohs scale so technically it's extremely durable, you cannot mill it without a diamond bit... it just doesn't respond well to thermal shock. It's true that water usage can create concerns if by "breathe on it wrong" you mean coughing into the pipe and flooding the nail. I've never done it myself, but like getting hit on a motorcycle its one of those things that will probably happen eventually, my buddy flooded my ruby, whaddyagonnado? I'm not gonna switch to a silicone bong just because I've broken a few glass pipes last year, but many would.

invertedisdead,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I wish it were easier to just TRY these things. I'd be happy to sesh with some people on the AlN to show em what it's about without having to invest the cash!

Also I was being a bit dumb/hyperbolic with the "breathe on it" thing :p

It really is a preference thing at the end of the day.

regardless of fragility, I definitely prefer the experience of AlN to anything else I've used

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I wish it were easier to just TRY these things. I'd be happy to sesh with some people on the AlN to show em what it's about without having to invest the cash!

Also I was being a bit dumb/hyperbolic with the "breathe on it" thing :p

It really is a preference thing at the end of the day.

regardless of fragility, I definitely prefer the experience of AlN to anything else I've used

Totally agree, we need a VAPOR RANGE where vapes of all kinds can be tried before buyed! :rockon:

invertedisdead,
Top Bottom