CCA Liger banger V3.0

Agreed.

I used to combust out of dirty, oily $15 spoons that I would likely just throw away rather than clean.
Then I convinced myself to spend $100 on a "nice" piece of glass and just about shit a brick when I saw some really nice looking "bongs" for $2.5K, made by some space dudes in a Mothership?
WTF, when did stoners become so liquid?

Yeah, well I'm in deep now.
I medicate often and outlay a fair bit of cash for concentrates.
I want it to be as pleasant and effective as possible.
Purchasing glass and accessories is a one time cost that I can easily rationalize.

But now I think I may have too many rigs and it might be time to simplify.

:uhoh::mental:
I often think this way then I take another Dab and dismiss those Zany thoughts!
I'm here to report to the people that I have SUCCESSFULLY reached the 600F temp with my
30mm V3 Liger Bucket with Sapphire insert! I had to carefully bend my coil to cover the entire surface of the bucket which it didn't do initially. I also make sure my heat shroud is snug with the washer and bucket and coil. The FLAVOR results are ridiculous. I'm getting very smooth flavorful clouds, complete vaporization. I'm preferring my 30mm over my 20mm bucket and I believe i stand alone in this. I only use my Hurricane cap as well.
30mm SAPPHIRE 600° My search is over! I have a Glass nail to Dab out of my EVO in, My VB2 is an all Ceramic dab CrockPot with a Ceramic surface to dab on, I have a Titanium nail for my DNAIL, a Titanium Liger Banger surface, a Quartz Surface, SiC surface, and Sapphire surface all in 20 and 30mm and through all those the 30mm with Sapphire is most satisfactory. Due to ease of use with the sheer size, the flavor,cool,smooth, low temp sophisticated awesomeness! I am a vapor snob with EXTREMELY high quality meds that justify the cost of the Ligers, Buckets, Inserts, and expensive glass selection,multiple enails,vaporizers etc. Just started Vaping 3years ago and I'm $30,000 invested into this hobby which is cheap to me as far as hobbies go. To each his own but its so worth it. I never would've throught that my Extracts could be better, but better utensils make a huge difference. I take fairly small dabs and the 30mm works great with them, but huge dabs in it will burst your lungs. I think a key factor in my ability to dab at so low a temp is my carb cap stays on my bucket at all times. Creating a hot chamber. When pulling while dabbing, try not to pull to hard, so you dont introduce to much cool air across the dab on the hot surface. ( If this makes sense,sorry stoned). I'll post more and maybe pics when i sober up tomorrow. Oh! ,and i use these tong type silicone hands i bought from a kitchen cookware store to grab the hot carb cap handle after its been on the bucket for over an hour and gotten really hot.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/301960537814?...99&_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_mwBanner=1

GSR

I was told that my recently placed pre-order would likely ship next week so probably around then. I think he's just waiting for the stock to arrive.

I ordered on the 14th but havent received any form of notification on when to expect my v3. Hopefully theyre sending em all out as one shipment once the stock arrives.

The anticipation is driving me nuts lmao.

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
I often think this way then I take another Dab and dismiss those Zany thoughts!
I'm here to report to the people that I have SUCCESSFULLY reached the 600F temp with my
30mm V3 Liger Bucket with Sapphire insert! I had to carefully bend my coil to cover the entire surface of the bucket which it didn't do initially. I also make sure my heat shroud is snug with the washer and bucket and coil. The FLAVOR results are ridiculous. I'm getting very smooth flavorful clouds, complete vaporization. I'm preferring my 30mm over my 20mm bucket and I believe i stand alone in this. I only use my Hurricane cap as well.
30mm SAPPHIRE 600° My search is over! I have a Glass nail to Dab out of my EVO in, My VB2 is an all Ceramic dab CrockPot with a Ceramic surface to dab on, I have a Titanium nail for my DNAIL, a Titanium Liger Banger surface, a Quartz Surface, SiC surface, and Sapphire surface all in 20 and 30mm and through all those the 30mm with Sapphire is most satisfactory. Due to ease of use with the sheer size, the flavor,cool,smooth, low temp sophisticated awesomeness! I am a vapor snob with EXTREMELY high quality meds that justify the cost of the Ligers, Buckets, Inserts, and expensive glass selection,multiple enails,vaporizers etc. Just started Vaping 3years ago and I'm $30,000 invested into this hobby which is cheap to me as far as hobbies go. To each his own but its so worth it. I never would've throught that my Extracts could be better, but better utensils make a huge difference. I take fairly small dabs and the 30mm works great with them, but huge dabs in it will burst your lungs. I think a key factor in my ability to dab at so low a temp is my carb cap stays on my bucket at all times. Creating a hot chamber. When pulling while dabbing, try not to pull to hard, so you dont introduce to much cool air across the dab on the hot surface. ( If this makes sense,sorry stoned). I'll post more and maybe pics when i sober up tomorrow. Oh! ,and i use these tong type silicone hands i bought from a kitchen cookware store to grab the hot carb cap handle after its been on the bucket for over an hour and gotten really hot.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/301960537814?...99&_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_mwBanner=1

Nice!
I haven't tried to spread out my flat coil, I'll go give it a shot.
You have the 20mm sapphire as well?
Carb cap stays on at all times huh?

@mrbonsai420 Gracias!

So the last thing... 'all 4 adapters'... I was told somewhere that it's best to utilize male glass as males can cause damage to female glass.

If this is true, and it seems slightly plausible, I should aim for 14/18mm female adapter. However 'precision fluting reduces active heat transfer', which might make that less of an issue, in which case it doesn't matter so much. (my thought process... make any sense? Anyhoo)

Second part of the process - I tend to aim for the larger sizes to reduce draw resistance. This may be different for a Banger. Which leaves these (last I can think of) questions:

1. Male or female?

1b. Large or small?

2b. Can I make a suitable business case to get an OpEx for all 4?

Not 2b. Would I ever use all 4? Would any one be preferential? I still need the glass anyways, this way I can just get what I need when the Banger is ready for action...

Make any sense? I'm onto Sedamen in winterized oil format, jammed into a Yocan Cerum on top of an eVic VT. Giddyup :)

Either get all four, or make sure all your glass joints are the same size/sex.
I typically run the 14/18 male and can switch it between rigs as desired (as my rigs are 14mm female).
In addition I wouldn't worry too much (at all) about heat transfer to your rig, I've been running without a dropdown for months with the nail on 24/7.
The joint is barely warm, one can touch it with one's lips comfortably.

FugBg5Cl.jpg

I am also finding i am getting alot of reclaim in my piece why would this be i am not even hitting the liger that hard? I am running at 720-730 i think my coil is not making the right fit even though i tried squeezing it as much as possible and posted pics on here

I dont know what else to do to get proper functioning

Regarding reclaim, I've found the V3 Liger to be the cleanest, most efficient nail yet.
Here is a pic of the reclaim generated by dabbing 2gs of wax through the 30 with a sapphire insert.
Tiny drop of water trapped under the reclaim:

QlEKe4e.jpg

Here's the reclaim from the 20 with sapphire after 2gs:

Y16Y6Zv.jpg

I would check to see how tight your heater coil is around the V3 bucket.
Hopefully the fit's a bit loose and you can take some pliers to gently tighten the coil.

:leaf:

I look at the liger as an investment towards a better dabbing experience. It made the price very easy to justify. In the long run it will pay for itself.

:nod:

Last edited:
Nice!
I haven't tried to spread out my flat coil, I'll go give it a shot.
You have the 20mm sapphire as well?
Carb cap stays on at all times huh?

Either get all four, or make sure all your glass joints are the same size/sex.
I typically run the 14/18 male and can switch it between rigs as desired (as my rigs are 14mm female).
In addition I wouldn't worry too much (at all) about heat transfer to your rig, I've been running without a dropdown for months with the nail on 24/7.
The joint is barely warm, one can touch it with one's lips comfortably.

FugBg5Cl.jpg

Regarding reclaim, I've found the V3 Liger to be the cleanest, most efficient nail yet.
Here is a pic of the reclaim generated by dabbing 2gs of wax through the 30 with a sapphire insert.
Tiny drop of water trapped under the reclaim:

QlEKe4e.jpg

Here's the reclaim from the 20 with sapphire after 2gs:

Y16Y6Zv.jpg

:leaf:

:nod:
Spread the coil, but make sure it can still fit in the coil cap. Mine is Damn near in there like a spring, it's very snug. I put the locking nut on with pliers to make sure its tight! I also heat my unit to 700 with the cap on then
back it down to 600. I KEEP the cap on! I also Q-tip after every dab! I have some pieces of Sapphire now that were once a 20mm from a rough cut batch. My wife played matchmaker and hooked it up with the Ceramic Tile Floor the rest is history. Trying to get my hands on another now.
Great leaps and bounds in Scientific research are being put on hold because of this setback!

alittledabwilldoya'

Spread the coil, but make sure it can still fit in the coil cap. Mine is Damn near in there like a spring, it's very snug. I put the locking nut on with pliers to make sure its tight! I also heat my unit to 700 with the cap on then
back it down to 600. I KEEP the cap on! I also Q-tip after every dab! I have some pieces of Sapphire now that were once a 20mm from a rough cut batch. My wife played matchmaker and hooked it up with the Ceramic Tile Floor the rest is history. Trying to get my hands on another now.
Great leaps and bounds in Scientific research are being put on hold because of this setback!

I've got it heat soaking now.
I have a beta 20 sapphire as well, to date it is the cat's meow.
If the 30 can eclipse it, I will be pleased.
Elaborate on said match making with the ceramics guru?

And if one misses even one Q-tip clean-up because of a very heady hit, that sapphire insert will be black.
Q-tip every time and it's super clean, flavor city!

:rockon:

Last edited:
alittledabwilldoya',

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@alittledabwilldoya' thanks!

I just couldn't wait any longer...

~~~
Hi Josh,
1x 20mm Banger (all 4 adapters please)
2x SiC insert
1x Hurricane master set
Let me know if I'm forgetting something blatant :)
~~~

This is exciting! I feel like I'm graduating to a sportscoat from a sweatervest, or something like that...

There are only 2 adapters male and female that you need unless you want the 10mm stuff. They do both 14 and 18mm respectively.
Add I would get 1x quartz and 1x sic instead of 2x sic if I were getting 2 inserts. :2c:. Looks good though.

I've got it heat soaking now.
I have a beta 20 sapphire as well, to date it is the cat's meow.
If the 30 can eclipse it, I will be pleased.
Elaborate on said match making with the ceramics guru?

And if one misses even one Q-tip clean-up because of a very heady hit, that sapphire insert will be black.
Q-tip every time and it's super clean, flavor city!

:rockon:
I was cleaning my Sapphire insert and she grabbed a tray it was on without realizing it was on there and flung it across the room about 8' onto the floor.

vapewithape

Haha, it's one of those unnessesary luxuries for connoissuers. I look at it the other way, If I spend thousands in concentrate why wouldn't I spend just as much to enjoy them even more and get more out of them?
That being said sapphire isn't for everyone. The SiC and Quartz inserts would be fine for most people, and most peoples wallets! But a lot of the people that would buy that came from Quave, Pukinbeagle, and other high end quartz that can cost several hundred each. That or the equivalent Halo's which are pretty pricey too!

Most people will be fine with the Sic and/ or quartz insert and the 20mm setup. That won't set you back any more than a good quartz banger.

Ha, I love glass but most people would think I am crazy to drop $160 on this marble yesterday. But I love it!

DA26BE70-603B-4F61-AC0D-001852854C26_zpsvvfunlvk.jpg

funny you mention the marbles i was gifted a nice red marble ill have to take a pic

any suggestions for bargain basement marble, love large ones like that

my friend says you can find awesome deals on marbles with slight bumps or imperfections

As for my 20 mm coil issue (running at 730-750 but not get super milky clouds in my Fab Egg) what should i do to insure a tight fit i posted pics of my coil set up a few pages back im not sure what else to do

vapewithape,

alittledabwilldoya'

funny you mention the marbles i was gifted a nice red marble ill have to take a pic

any suggestions for bargain basement marble, love large ones like that

my friend says you can find awesome deals on marbles with slight bumps or imperfections

As for my 20 mm coil issue (running at 730-750 but not get super milky clouds in my Fab Egg) what should i do to insure a tight fit i posted pics of my coil set up a few pages back im not sure what else to do

With a pair of pliers gently spread your coil out vertically to contact as much of the Liger's barrel as possible.
While doing that make sure the coil is nice and tight around the barrel.
After doing this, depending on insert, I'm running my 20mm @ 640*-660* and getting nice milky hits.

And look at this guy for mind blowing fumed marbles (that I'm sure aren't cheap, but wow):
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMB5Ml2hGSK/?taken-by=kenantiemeyer

Like MrBonsai did:

First of all the Liger is pure Ti so any smell of rubber or anything would be something like finger oils or something else one the titanium. Titanium is pretty inert as are all of the materials chosen in today's nails.
How did that particular coil and enail controller perform with other nails? It sounds like your coil isn't reaching the desired temperature. The pictures all look good on your end. Here is mine. Try capping with an old Ti carb cap or even glass instead of silicone. I tried capping with a silicone cap and while I did get a dab it wasn't like a proper carb cap. That may be your issue. Also are you comparing this to hot torch nail dabs or other low temp dabs from your enail?
36B6F187-1A4F-471F-A912-D00FD6BAB2D0_zpslsz4n3gq.jpg

BB801675-9FEE-4DB6-A161-ADD3724534FE_zps8ig4xflj.jpg

alittledabwilldoya',

Monsoon

There are only 2 adapters male and female that you need unless you want the 10mm stuff. They do both 14 and 18mm respectively.
Add I would get 1x quartz and 1x sic instead of 2x sic if I were getting 2 inserts. :2c:. Looks good though.
Would be nice if you could choose the adapters individually instead of one or all. I needed both the female and male 14/18mm ones so I got all 4 but I'll likely never use the 10mm's.

I'm super excited to get it now, ended up going with the rainbow which I think looks way better than the rainbow V2. Also note if you're pre-ordering, the FC discount is good for everything but the sapphire insert.

OBQamnc.png

herbivore21

First of all the Liger is pure Ti so any smell of rubber or anything would be something like finger oils or something else one the titanium. Titanium is pretty inert as are all of the materials chosen in today's nails.
How did that particular coil and enail controller perform with other nails? It sounds like your coil isn't reaching the desired temperature. The pictures all look good on your end. Here is mine. Try capping with an old Ti carb cap or even glass instead of silicone. I tried capping with a silicone cap and while I did get a dab it wasn't like a proper carb cap. That may be your issue. Also are you comparing this to hot torch nail dabs or other low temp dabs from your enail?
36B6F187-1A4F-471F-A912-D00FD6BAB2D0_zpslsz4n3gq.jpg

BB801675-9FEE-4DB6-A161-ADD3724534FE_zps8ig4xflj.jpg

Holy fuck, let me say this here:

DO NOT CAP WITH SILICONE. NOT EVER.

Nail temps are absolutely higher than you need to cause that silicone to outgas/volatilize. Carb caps go on the top of your nail. Heat rises. We can see clearly that this is problematic. Carb caps should be an inert metal, ceramic or vitreous (glassy) substance.

No exceptions.

killick

But I like it!
So watching the video makes me ask yet another question - why don't carb caps have built-in dab tools below the cap? So you can get whatever you want on it, and then just stick the cap on, no fiddling around with a dab tool and a carb cap, especially when you are using your free hand to ensure the rig is stable (ex-Navy - I think everything is going to move)

So haven't quite pre-ordered, as I keep having lightbulbs go on...

1x 20mm Banger (large female adapter only)
1x SiC insert
1x Quartz insert
1x Hurricane master set

Comments/suggestions before I sharpen up the Visa?

This should be enough to get started. I can always use different glass configurations to adjust size as required, but doubt there will be a need.

Thanks to all y'all for your assistance with this. I just found out the press and coils are sitting awaiting pickup (no notice that it had shipped, but they sent it '2 day rush', about 10 days ago. Aahhh... :)

herbivore21

So watching the video makes me ask yet another question - why don't carb caps have built-in dab tools below the cap? So you can get whatever you want on it, and then just stick the cap on, no fiddling around with a dab tool and a carb cap, especially when you are using your free hand to ensure the rig is stable (ex-Navy - I think everything is going to move)

So haven't quite pre-ordered, as I keep having lightbulbs go on...

1x 20mm Banger (large female adapter only)
1x SiC insert
1x Quartz insert
1x Hurricane master set

Comments/suggestions before I sharpen up the Visa?

This should be enough to get started. I can always use different glass configurations to adjust size as required, but doubt there will be a need.

Thanks to all y'all for your assistance with this. I just found out the press and coils are sitting awaiting pickup (no notice that it had shipped, but they sent it '2 day rush', about 10 days ago. Aahhh... :)
lol @ the ex-navy comment! There is an option for dabber handles that screw onto the inside of the carb cap as you describe. That would require you to purchase the master set of dabbers my friend ;)

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
... so... as most already know... josh is awesome...

...so i ordered a liger v2.0 and a master storm cap....

anyways, josh didn't ship my order right away so he upgraded me to a liger v3.0!!!
...shits awesome:rockon:

...think i needa hurricane master set now...

killick

But I like it!
Thanks Herbie - appreciated! So the Hurricane master set should have that capability? Either of the master sets, right? Or is there one more piece I should order? I've been making my own ET errll, triple filtered and double-winterized, and it seems like an inside-the-cap dabtool would be great to scoop and stuff that into the nail.

alittledabwilldoya'

Thanks Herbie - appreciated! So the Hurricane master set should have that capability? Either of the master sets, right? Or is there one more piece I should order? I've been making my own ET errll, triple filtered and double-winterized, and it seems like an inside-the-cap dabtool would be great to scoop and stuff that into the nail.

The Master set is compatible with either carb-cap and will allow for simultaneous dabncapping.

:D

dizaster096

What settings for airflow is everyone running at? for v2 on storm cap i find the 3rd notch (3rd one to the right) is the only one that gives me good restriction rest don't milk to much.

dizaster096,

alittledabwilldoya'

What settings for airflow is everyone running at? for v2 on storm cap i find the 3rd notch (3rd one to the right) is the only one that gives me good restriction rest don't milk to much.

I find that it mostly depends on the rig.
I have one that likes it more restricted, another with free air flow.

For my prime driver I like the StormCell with two holes open.

alittledabwilldoya',
Top Bottom