CCA Liger banger V3.0

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
What settings for airflow is everyone running at? for v2 on storm cap i find the 3rd notch (3rd one to the right) is the only one that gives me good restriction rest don't milk to much.

3rd notch usually for most rigs but second for some recyclers and the most restricted setting 4 can really cloud up bongs like diffusion pumps but I still prefer setting 3, which is I believe 2 holes open.

mrbonsai420,
Reactions: mutten840

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
... are the sapphire inserts worth the extra compared to SiC?

Probably depends on what concentrates you are using and your taste. Are you getting Matt_Rize level full melt or fire ass terpy shatter? If so hell yes! If you dab low terp discount wax or dark shatter then no, not really.

Last edited:

mutten840

Been lowering my 30mm Sapphire insert in temp and so far I am at 620 and the flavor is insane. Gonna continue to drop temps to see if I can hit the 600F mark @Cannabis Connoisseur was dabbing at. Once I had my coil spread a bit to better cover the dish and a snug fit were the 2 biggest factors to the temps working better and in turn letting me lower the temps further than I was originally able to. The moment you don't clean up with a Qtip, you will taste it in the next hit. But to me this is a small price to pay in keeping this clean and properly tuned to keep the Sapphire flavor train running (All Aboard!!!) :rockon:

Been lowering my 30mm Sapphire insert in temp and so far I am at 620 and the flavor is insane. Gonna continue to drop temps to see if I can hit the 600F mark @Cannabis Connoisseur was dabbing at. Once I had my coil spread a bit to better cover the dish and a snug fit were the 2 biggest factors to the temps working better and in turn letting me lower the temps further than I was originally able to. The moment you don't clean up with a Qtip, you will taste it in the next hit. But to me this is a small price to pay in keeping this clean and properly tuned to keep the Sapphire flavor train running (All Aboard!!!) :rockon:
I've found relaxing your draw as much as possible,allows you to drop the temp lower than normal. A Friend of mine came over today and i wanted him to experience Sapphire. He ruined two dabs pulling like a junkie. The key was to pull softly enough to suck the vapor through the intake tube,but not so strongly that you pool and cool the dab. My friend was pulling so strong, because he didn't think Id recognize a pussy when i saw one. He knew that pulling extremely hard ruined the dab and made it whispy. Then he could say i don't feel nothing it's not strong enough. I made him relax his draw and he burst coughing and spitting with bulging eyes.
Pull softly.
@ccchase420 That's AWESOME Bro!

vapewithape

Ok guys ive tried everything people have suggested and it is still not working out for me

I have a High5 20 mm coil and box and it is heating up

I have the box set to 710-750 degrees (anything lower barely produces any milkiness in either of my pieces - the Fab Egg and a straight bong - AMG Raked Shorty)

Someone suggested I use pliers to spread and tighten the coil on the inside of the Liger V3 and I have done this

I know it is heating up bc the color of the metal piece inside the Liger that sits against the coil has changed to a brownish golden color (my liger V3 is stock silver). Not only that every piece of the Liger gets scalding hot to the touch.

When I put large dabs even with immediately using a glass carb cap with a tiny hole on top the bong doesnt get milky, it is infuriating. I dont even see that sizzling I used to see with the torch - i understand people on here take low temp dabs and waste it to taste it but i am wasting and dont really give a fuck about tasting at this point when wax is $40 a g that is too expensive to be fucking around

I have tried temps from 650 all the way up to 760 and i cant get a consistent temp

Someone please help me as I am just about to give up and go back to my normal set up with nail and torch it's pissing me off that much

vapewithape,

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Ok guys ive tried everything people have suggested and it is still not working out for me

I have the box set to 710-750 degrees (anything lower barely produces any milkiness in either of my pieces - the Fab Egg and a straight bong - AMG Raked Shorty)

Someone suggested I use pliers to spread and tighten the coil on the inside of the Liger V3 and I have done this

I know it is heating up bc the color of the metal piece inside the Liger that sits against the coil has changed to a brownish golden color (my liger V3 is stock silver). Not only that every piece of the Liger gets scalding hot to the touch.

When I put large dabs even with immediately using a glass carb cap with a tiny hole on top the bong doesnt get milky, it is infuriating. I dont even see that sizzling I used to see with the torch - i understand people on here take low temp dabs and waste it to taste it but i am wasting and dont really give a fuck about tasting at this point when wax is $40 a g that is too expensive to be fucking around

I have tried temps from 650 all the way up to 760 and i cant get a consistent temp

Someone please help me as I am just about to give up and go back to my normal set up with nail and torch it's pissing me off that much

Hmmm, that's got to be frustrating!

I suggested the coil spread and tighten.
Obviously it didn't do the trick, but did it have any effect at all?
Are you using an insert?
When you say that you can't get a consistent temp, do you mean the temp on your box is fluctuating?
Have you used this box and coil on a different nail with positive results?
Maybe the box/coil is no bueno; do you have a thermometer that can read your nail? (I don't).

You say that your dab doesn't sizzle, does it "boil" and bubble?
That always seems to indicate proper temperature to me: dab, liquefy, boil and bubble, cap, milk.

IIRC you were on the torch and this is your first enail?
Torching might have generated more visible vapor, are you getting high when using the Liger?

Sorry for all the questions, I just can't come up with something concrete that will cure your ailment.
The proper carbcap will help, but it sounds like you're getting a good seal with the make-shift carbcaps.

Maybe keep increasing the temp on the box until you get the results that you want.
Perhaps the temp readout is bogus.

:hmm:

herbivore21

Hmmm, that's got to be frustrating!

I suggested the coil spread and tighten.
Obviously it didn't do the trick, but did it have any effect at all?
Are you using an insert?
When you say that you can't get a consistent temp, do you mean the temp on your box is fluctuating?
Have you used this box and coil on a different nail with positive results?
Maybe the box/coil is no bueno; do you have a thermometer that can read your nail? (I don't).

You say that your dab doesn't sizzle, does it "boil" and bubble?
That always seems to indicate proper temperature to me: dab, liquefy, boil and bubble, cap, milk.

IIRC you were on the torch and this is your first enail?
Torching might have generated more visible vapor, are you getting high when using the Liger?

Sorry for all the questions, I just can't come up with something concrete that will cure your ailment.
The proper carbcap will help, but it sounds like you're getting a good seal with the make-shift carbcaps.

Maybe keep increasing the temp on the box until you get the results that you want.
Perhaps the temp readout is bogus.

:hmm:
Also remember that sometimes coils when damaged or very old can not conduct as much heat as they are meant to/used to do when they read the same temp on the dial. I would try another coil if at all possible!

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

If this is your first enail and you have never taken a low temp dab, maybe you actually LIKE taking 900 degree dabs. 2 years ago that was the norm and what people preferred (because they didn't know any better) It's not going to hurt anything to keep going up in temp. Hell at around 800-900 you may not even need to cap it. Before you go back to the torch why not see if you weren't just taking your torch dabs hotter than most of us here do, if 900 degrees on the dial is satisfying to you, keep it there. It might be your reading is a little low on your box OR you prefer a higher temp. Either way just keep raising it until you are satisfied. No reason to be afraid to heat it. I bet you torch your nails to over 1000 before letting them cool off to dab. It won't hurt anything to give it a shot. Bump that temp up until you get a proper dab!

Please report back after you took a high temp dab off of your enail and maybe that is what you are looking to achieve? Just a thought.
I think I may have asked this before, I post videos of Liger hits in the low 600 degree range. In fact I posted one on IG at right at 610 degrees on my Omron Enail. Is this about how your enail and coil are heating up the Liger? If not how does yours compare, can you post a quick video perhaps?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMvA_y5Bi0I/?taken-by=mrbonsai710&hl=en

herbivore21

If this is your first enail and you have never taken a low temp dab, maybe you actually LIKE taking 900 degree dabs. 2 years ago that was the norm and what people preferred (because they didn't know any better) It's not going to hurt anything to keep going up in temp. Hell at around 800-900 you may not even need to cap it. Before you go back to the torch why not see if you weren't just taking your torch dabs hotter than most of us here do, if 900 degrees on the dial is satisfying to you, keep it there. It might be your reading is a little low on your box OR you prefer a higher temp. Either way just keep raising it until you are satisfied. No reason to be afraid to heat it. I bet you torch your nails to over 1000 before letting them cool off to dab. It won't hurt anything to give it a shot. Bump that temp up until you get a proper dab!

Please report back after you took a high temp dab off of your enail and maybe that is what you are looking to achieve? Just a thought.
I think I may have asked this before, I post videos of Liger hits in the low 600 degree range. In fact I posted one on IG at right at 610 degrees on my Omron Enail. Is this about how your enail and coil are heating up the Liger? If not how does yours compare, can you post a quick video perhaps?

This is an excellent point! If one was high temp torch dabbing before going to an enail, you're going to get a sense that your temp is not hot enough when using an enail at the temps that we all like to use here.

Hope that @vapewithape can get to the bottom of it whatever the problem!

vapewithape

I will eventually post a video when I figure out a website or app to post it, dont exactly want to post a dab video on my youtube account

The thing that is bugging me is everyone is talking about getting super milky hits with the SiC at 630-680 meanwhile i barely get whispy hits at those temps the only time i get somewhat milky hits is at 750-760

That is exactly the opposite of EVERYONE's experience from the Liger V2 thread to the Liger V3 thread

The coil is heating the inside of the Liger bc there is a clear change in temp

I also know the liger itself is getting SUPER hot bc when my glass pendant carb cap is left on for more than 5 seconds it gets too hot to touch

Also before when using the torch i was using a Hoyes nail and wait at least 30 seconds before hitting the dab so i dont think i am in the same group of people who were taking 900 degree dabs when the nail was super hot and red

vapewithape,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I will eventually post a video when I figure out a website or app to post it, dont exactly want to post a dab video on my youtube account

The thing that is bugging me is everyone is talking about getting super milky hits with the SiC at 630-680 meanwhile i barely get whispy hits at those temps the only time i get somewhat milky hits is at 750-760

That is exactly the opposite of EVERYONE's experience from the Liger V2 thread to the Liger V3 thread

The coil is heating the inside of the Liger bc there is a clear change in temp

I also know the liger itself is getting SUPER hot bc when my glass pendant carb cap is left on for more than 5 seconds it gets too hot to touch

Also before when using the torch i was using a Hoyes nail and wait at least 30 seconds before hitting the dab so i dont think i am in the same group of people who were taking 900 degree dabs when the nail was super hot and red

You can set up an extra account on youtube, vimeo, et for weed stuff. Make an anonymous one for those videos on an extra gmail account. Just a suggestion.
Can you see the video I posted? How does your compare to that? If you material in the insert is vaporizing and you are able to inhale the vapor through the rig I guess I am at a loss as how this could not be the same process as we are all experiencing.

I'm sure once you post a video we will see what's going on, or you can at least watch ours and compare the two for us. Maybe it's simply a carb cap issue alone? Although I just used a huge marble and got a choking huge hit that mode me lay on the floor at 620 degrees lol! gees I like thing.

mrbonsai420,

vapewithape

You can set up an extra account on youtube, vimeo, et for weed stuff. Make an anonymous one for those videos on an extra gmail account. Just a suggestion.
Can you see the video I posted? How does your compare to that? If you material in the insert is vaporizing and you are able to inhale the vapor through the rig I guess I am at a loss as how this could not be the same process as we are all experiencing.

I'm sure once you post a video we will see what's going on, or you can at least watch ours and compare the two for us. Maybe it's simply a carb cap issue alone? Although I just used a huge marble and got a choking huge hit that mode me lay on the floor at 620 degrees lol! gees I like thing.

See im not exactly sure how you are getting a super huge hit at 620 when I can barely get a milky hit at 730-750 with a SiC insert

The Liger itself gets scalding hot the point i cant leave the glass pendant carb cap on the Liger V3 itself

Even the bottom of the liger and the sides are hot as well, so what the entire unit is heating up EXCEPT the SiC insert itself? Doesnt make sense.

Maybe it is simply the carb cap issue but I have tried everything since I received the Liger on November 1 and two weeks later and this is still giving me issues

At this point, I feel like I threw $ down the drain because I bought a special fab egg which is even harder to hit (due to the extra resistance from the Liger) than a quartz banger + fab egg combo and a brand new enail and coil and im wasting wax and barely getting solid hits

I get that I have been complaining in this thread for the past two weeks and have multiple responses but I am sure I am not some idiotic piece of shit. Despite not being as good with my hands as other people, I am still fairly intelligent and not some moron that cant figure something out after a few tries.

This shouldnt be brain surgery and it sure as fuck shouldnt add to your stress to consume weed

vapewithape,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
See im not exactly sure how you are getting a super huge hit at 620 when I can barely get a milky hit at 730-750 with a SiC insert

The Liger itself gets scalding hot the point i cant leave the glass pendant carb cap on the Liger V3 itself

Even the bottom of the liger and the sides are hot as well, so what the entire unit is heating up EXCEPT the SiC insert itself? Doesnt make sense.

Maybe it is simply the carb cap issue but I have tried everything since I received the Liger on November 1 and two weeks later and this is still giving me issues

At this point, I feel like I threw $ down the drain because I bought a special fab egg which is even harder to hit (due to the extra resistance from the Liger) than a quartz banger + fab egg combo and a brand new enail and coil and im wasting wax and barely getting solid hits

I get that I have been complaining in this thread for the past two weeks and have multiple responses but I am sure I am not some idiotic piece of shit. Despite not being as good with my hands as other people, I am still fairly intelligent and not some moron that cant figure something out after a few tries.

This shouldnt be brain surgery and it sure as fuck shouldnt add to your stress to consume weed

The thermal properties of Silicon carbide are excellent. So it will quickly become close to the same temp as the Ti it's touching fairly quickly. So physics tells us that the insert is getting pretty much as hot as the nail itself. so we can move on to a different issue. I just tried moving it over to a bigger flower piece to test and it doesn't get as "Milky" as the diffusion pump you saw in the video. Do you have a small bubbler or banger hanger to try it out on? Maybe the fab egg you have is very restrictive and that mixed with the wrong carb cap is the issue? I am just brain storming here, If I were you I would switch and change as many things around until I was satisfied. It won't hurt to try different setups.

So what happened when you upped the temps to the 850-900 range? Is there oil left in the insert at these temps or does it fully vaporize?

mrbonsai420,

vapewithape

The thermal properties of Silicon carbide are excellent. So it will quickly become close to the same temp as the Ti it's touching fairly quickly. So physics tells us that the insert is getting pretty much as hot as the nail itself. so we can move on to a different issue. I just tried moving it over to a bigger flower piece to test and it doesn't get as "Milky" as the diffusion pump you saw in the video. Do you have a small bubbler or banger hanger to try it out on? Maybe the fab egg you have is very restrictive and that mixed with the wrong carb cap is the issue? I am just brain storming here, If I were you I would switch and change as many things around until I was satisfied. It won't hurt to try different setups.

So what happened when you upped the temps to the 850-900 range? Is there oil left in the insert at these temps or does it fully vaporize?

I went away from the Fab Egg and actually went to my buddy's house to get my AMG Raked Shorty (https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...8Nunp4os1VJh8yatByP1R3ILL8_ZII2RqqJPPIsPZisYF) so i could use

That helped the milkiness a bit but still not AS milky as with my torch and hoyes banger

in fact the AMG Raked Shorty is mainly a flower bowl but has a built in downstem to use with nails so the resistance barely exists, in fact there is so little resistance i always get splash back

Maybe it's simply the carb cap im not sure, I am still waiting for my master set from Josh so guess we will find out when it finally comes in

vapewithape,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I went away from the Fab Egg and actually went to my buddy's house to get my AMG Raked Shorty (https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...8Nunp4os1VJh8yatByP1R3ILL8_ZII2RqqJPPIsPZisYF) so i could use

That helped the milkiness a bit but still not AS milky as with my torch and hoyes banger

in fact the AMG Raked Shorty is mainly a flower bowl but has a built in downstem to use with nails so the resistance barely exists, in fact there is so little resistance i always get splash back

Maybe it's simply the carb cap im not sure, I am still waiting for my master set from Josh so guess we will find out when it finally comes in

What about upping the temperature? How milky did you find it at 900 degrees? you may find out your issue is merely preferring higher temp dabs. How milky does 900 get it?

mrbonsai420,

GSR

Hoping I get a confirmation this week. Really don't want this to become a grasshopper situation :\

If anybody gets a shipping confirmation, i'd really appreciate it if you posted about it here! Bonus if you could say the date you preordered too. Still waiting on mine (ordered 10/14).

GSR,

brucee10

Hoping I get a confirmation this week. Really don't want this to become a grasshopper situation :\

If anybody gets a shipping confirmation, i'd really appreciate it if you posted about it here! Bonus if you could say the date you preordered too. Still waiting on mine (ordered 10/14).
I was 2 weeks later than you and Josh said he anticipates shipping mine out this week. It might depend on if he has everything needed for your order.

brucee10,
Reactions: GSR

Danksta

He was waiting on carb caps last week. Hopefully he gets them in this week so he can ship complete kits. Seeing all the social media posts from distributors is getting annoying. Feed them last, us pre orders were here first. Trying to stay patient...

Danksta,
Reactions: GSR
Top Bottom