1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Carta by Focus V

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Summer, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Hoosier

Hoosier Well-Known Member

Why don’t you just follow the side load instructions for iOS?

seapickle likes this.
  2. Xclerk

Xclerk The Universe is our endless supply

Curious hoe anyone would get into testing betas. I have recently got back into the world of vaping and this seems like it fit me perfectly. Love the quartz/ to drop ins and seems loke the temp controls work well. Im pretty big into my dynas now but need a step up from microdosing.

3. started@52

started@52 Well-Known Member

Have tried twice in two different computers.

maxymods likes this.
  4. Hoosier

Where are you getting hung up? It really is dead simple.

freddiegibbs and maxymods like this.
  5. maxymods

maxymods Well-Known Member

I got a carta earlier this week and love it so far! Sideloaded the app very easily and have been enjoying it since. Bit sick so unfortunately haven’t gotten to test very heavily but have tried it out and enjoy it thus far. Thanks focus!

6. freddiegibbs

freddiegibbs Well-Known Member

The beta period for the Carta was very brief and ended a while ago. The final release is available for sale now.

Xclerk and Summer like this.
  7. started@52

When I try to copy the Carta.ipa file to Impactor I get an error message saying I must select a device first.

8. seapickle

seapickle Snootchie Bootchies

Do you have the iPhone plugged into the computer? I get that error if no phone is plugged in when dragging and dropping the Carta file.

9. started@52

Nope, didn’t know it needed to be, lol. Thanks. I’ll try again later.

10. started@52

I give up. I have spent more time on this then should be necessary! I bought this thinking the app was going to be up and running A LONG TIME AGO!
    No idea what this means and shouldn’t need to.
    [​IMG]

11. seapickle

seapickle Snootchie Bootchies

I haven’t gotten that error before. You might try the instructions that someone posted on Reddit. I originally installed the app using this Reddit link
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FocusVCarta/comments/bf5shp/tutorial_install_carta_ios_application_no/

12. maxymods

maxymods Well-Known Member

Maybe try a different apple ID. I made a special one to use with this application and it worked perfectly. That sounds like your apple ID is a developer account and unable to sideload apps this way. I could be completely wrong though never seen that error either. Hope you figure it out!

EDIT: thought id add i barely use the app, Of course i just got it 3 days ago but Ive found the majority of the tines ive gone to use it i use to buttons. Although it is nice to have!

13. started@52

Thanks for everyone’s help but it’s going on the shelf until I can put it on my phone through the App Store like every other real app.

Summer likes this.
  14. Gakiya309

Gakiya309 Member

Hey, just curious about everyone else’s re-heat cycles. How long does one usually wait until heating up the atomizer again for round 2 or to finish leftovers in the insert? Just want to avoid heating up the atomizer to fast in between and burn it out. Thanks

Summer likes this.
  15. mc

mc Well-Known Member

With the quartz I run level 1, at least 2-3 times in a row every time I do a session. It seems to get about 30-50 degrees hotter for each back to back cycle which works out. So the first time is super tasty, the next one(s) are the power hit.

I've been doing this for months now, all day every day, still on my first atomizer.

16. Ky-shun

Ky-shun Member

seapickle, LTBOOKEM and maxymods like this.
  17. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

@Ky-shun, can't open the google document.

18. Ky-shun

Ky-shun Member

seapickle, LTBOOKEM and started@52 like this.
  19. Ky-shun

Ky-shun Member

@started@52 Try this before you give up!

Also: I can try to help you 1 on 1 if you need. Everyone should be using the Carta to the fullest capabilities. Look out for yourself ;)

seapickle, Hoosier, maxymods and 2 others like this.
  20. FocusV

FocusV Manufacturer

Hey Guys for anyone getting the certificate issue like @started@52 you just have to open impactor then in the top menu go to xcode and click revoke certificates.

If you are having issues with the app not switching. try this. start the carta and the app with no atomizer attached. that should make it start off in dry herb mode. if that doesn't work let me know!

Shrike, Summer, Shit Snacks and 5 others like this.
  21. Hoosier

@FocusV just to confirm, beta folk are getting a black Magan carta upgrade? ...(just don’t want to get caught snoozing on the pre-sale if not)

Also, saw on the stream today you taking about the required iOS app changes/updates. Can you please get your developer to squeeze a few configurable memory presets on this pass? Would be amazing to have a quick save with a custom label after zeroing in on that perfect cup/concentrate/temp/time setting!

22. rskangler

rskangler New Member

I wonder if they will be selling just the ceramic and wires just itself? I have plenty of nice tools...Maybe to many..LOL

Shadyguy likes this.
  23. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime Well-Known Member

I asked about this and they said yes, they'll be selling just the heating element/wires.

Shadyguy, Shrike and Summer like this.
  24. rskangler

rskangler New Member

So went to clean atty and now it seems like its acting like the herb atty is in there. Does not get very hot and stays on for about 3 minutes not the 40 seconds like the conc. atty was doing..And I dont have a herb atty...Help!!!!

25. Gakiya309

Gakiya309 Member

When I connect to the app I have to screw my atty on just right or it’ll say it’s an herb atty. i just use That to gauge if I’m in oil or herb more. Hope that helps, otherwise remove atty and rescrew back on to see it recognizes it

Hoosier likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors