Cannabis News

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
@kellya86 it's the Dyspraxia, makes me think alot - too much sometimes, I have had Councillors tell me that I'm 'insightful'.

But you are right, we have to be careful not to become those we despise, otherwise we are no better.

If they want to consume 4 bottle of wine a night, and they are fully aware of the dangers to their health that brings, so be it...as long as they don't go beating people up in a drunken stupor, then the only people they are doing harm to is themselves, which is fine! but you cannot judge them for it the way they judge you for your cannabis.

They are the misguided hypocrites, not you :tup:

All you can do is try to educate them and love them regardless of their flaws, they can't be all bad, they produce you ;)

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
About 20 years ago our house was a half block from the K - 8 school my kids attended. We were very active in the school and had several signs in our windows that designated our house as a 'safe house' any kid could run to in emergencies. Since we were so active in the community and school we were well aware of when the D.A.R.E. program started and their presentations made.

Being that close to the school also meant there were additional laws governing drugs within the vicinity of the school we had to worry about.

We had to consider whether or not to back away from all the community/school involvement because of the potential for getting caught. We refused to back away from being involved with the school/community/kids and refused to cower in the dark. But we did fear the possibilities....a lot. Ironically it may have been that Leave-It-To-Beaver facade that kept my pre-teen kids from considering we might be doing illegal drugs. We used to hide in the basement or garage and always tried to hide the smell. Talk about paranoia and living in fear.

Fast forward to the present when I finally got honest about it with my kids and my oldest told me she kinda knew when she was in her late-teens because of the smell in the garage one time. My youngest smiled and said 'You've been lying to us all these years'. I responded 'Think back...did I ever say I don't get high'? She smiled again and said 'No...but we didn't ask you outright till we were in our twenties and then you'd say things like Do you think I could do what I do for a living if I were high?

I know I didn't outright lie but I sure didn't tell the truth either. I'd have to say I was closer to lying than not.

This goes back to what I was alluding to earlier. My kids view MJ use against the backdrop of our history and not a AOL article, etc. Those we can be open with, that don't use MJ, may base their opinions of MJ on what kind of people we are and what we accomplished. In my opinion this is the best way to make our point .... when we feel we are secure and safe enough to do so.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Federal Study Will Pay You $3,000 Per Week to Consume Cannabis

didnt really look much into it to see how true it is

Sign me up!!! Damn....they're not taking new participants :disgust:

Here's an excerpt:
“This is one of the first, very promising studies, that will finally reveal the answer of the age old acquisition that stoners are ‘Just Lazy’,” says lead researcher Michael Gregory. For the research, participants will be required to stay at the facility for six months (making it immediately un-doable for many if not most people), while performing various everyday activities such as cleaning, watching TV and reading, while also regularly consuming cannabis. End excerpt:

Alas, the study to figure out if "Stoners" who don't have anything else to do for six months are 'Just Lazy' sounds skewed toward a specific demographic already. :shrug:

grokit

well-worn member
So if you sit there and read books because there's nothing else to do but watch tv and everything is as it's clean as it's going to get, does that make you lazy? Would building houses out of matchsticks be somehow more productive than acquiring knowledge and perspective? The mind boggles (and thinks out loud).

edit: I would love to see a 'control' study that compares all of the same variables except with meth (or its legal amphetamine equivalent like the stuff our troops take in the field) instead of weed!

:hmm: :sherlock:

Last edited:

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
I saw somewhere that its for people who havent consumed before. And seems more to see how the body reacts, not so much your energy/"lazyness" though I do think it isnt going to be the most accurate if you're putting the participants in a nonlife like environment for so long

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
I saw somewhere that its for people who haven't consumed before.
Well if they are saying dope makes you lazy because it's put someone who has never taken it before on their arse, well no shit Sherlock!

I'd like to see someone who has never consumed alcohol before try to drink me under the table with a bottle of bourbon, guess who's going to pass out first!

The first spliff I ever smoked, didn't put me on my arse, it put me on my back, in an empty bathtub at a house party, with a flannel on my head.

Now I can take a hit then crack on with the decorating, oh look at my lazy ass, doing the hovering and painting the nursery, after a full days work at the office.. man am I one lazy mofo!

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
DEA style intimidation and threats have been issued by the RCMP before Trudeau has taken office.
Arrests have been made Canada's own citizens dispensary's as political fodder. :disgust: What do they exactly hope to accomplish by this?

Canadian Cops Just Flipped Justin Trudeau the Bird and Raided Three Weed Shops
http://www.cheknews.ca/mayor-says-n...irection-about-marijuana-dispensaries-122525/
Royal Canadian Mounted Police Raid Three Medical Marijuana Dispensaries In B.C.

Mayor says Nanaimo City Council should not be giving RCMP direction about Marijuana dispensaries

Federal Study Will Pay You $3,000 Per Week to Consume Cannabis

didnt really look much into it to see how true it is
Lot of FC volunteers for this project I see. :brow:
Sign me up!!! Damn....they're not taking new participants :disgust:

Here's an excerpt:
“This is one of the first, very promising studies, that will finally reveal the answer of the age old acquisition that stoners are ‘Just Lazy’,” says lead researcher Michael Gregory. For the research, participants will be required to stay at the facility for six months (making it immediately un-doable for many if not most people), while performing various everyday activities such as cleaning, watching TV and reading, while also regularly consuming cannabis. End excerpt:

Alas, the study to figure out if "Stoners" who don't have anything else to do for six months are 'Just Lazy' sounds skewed toward a specific demographic already. :shrug:
Sound more like a social experiment that we would be testing for janitors and maintenance men for the Space program. If they truly are testing for "lazy stoners" then there has to be video games available :nod: and some healthy outdoor options available to measure the test the subjects motivation. Keeping me in a facility would skewer the results. But then again, I might be already disqualified or more accurately, overqualified. :haw:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Gunky

Marijuana growers in the US are using up $6 billion a year in electricity
Since most of the legal weed is grown indoors, the pot industry burns through large quantities of electricity used to power lamps, ventilation systems, and air conditioning. A square foot of planting requires some 200 watts of electricity (pdf, p. 20), about the same as a data center, according to a report this year in the Columbia Journal of Environmental Law.

Indoors nowadays you use a high intensity bulb, ballast and fixture with adjustable ratchet light hangers and power timer like this:
71GdBFoMo6L._SL1280_.jpg
You use a good sized fan and ducting to cool it and a second identical fan like this with a charcoal filter to remove (very pungent at bloom time) odors:
71iCZNwMZKL._SL1024_.jpg

Possibly this is all happening in a tent like this:
61S4kFPY7FL._SL1000_.jpg

You can grow lovely weed like this, but as the article mentions, running a 600-1000 watt light and two fans uses a lot of energy. If it is a hot place and you need AC, even worse. Given all this, it's remarkable how low the price of indoor weed still is.

Some good info from Ed Rosenthal: http://mjgrowers.com/book_setting_light.htm

Last edited:

Gunky

My system uses between 600 to a 1000 watts, between 12 - 16 hrs. It's about 10p per kilowatt per hour for me.
It cost me between £1 and £1.30 a day to grow my own. So as long as I consume more that amount af cannabis a day, It works out.
If like me you go through rather a lot of the stuff every day, growing is absolutely a great and cost-effective solution. I could not afford to consume this lavishly were I buying it from somebody else.

I've tried most growing methods, from indoor solar grows in a window to flower pots on a rooftop, from right in the ground in the tropics to the current style of indoor, similar to above pics, learned at Oaksterdam University. It's a fun, safe plant and you tend to get better, cleaner stuff if you grow it yourself.

One tip: T-5's are very nice. You can grow perfectly good flowers (if a bit less dense than high-wattage HPS) with a bank of 6 T-5's using maybe what, 325 watts? Or you can use that for the veg phase and then zap with 600 or 1000 for the bloom. The vegetative growth fluorescent T5's produce a beautiful, bright, meditative light which is nice to read or hang out by.

Also there are very promising developments going on with LED lighting, which uses less power than HPS or T-5.
[end grow-proselytize mode]

Last edited:

MinnBobber

New Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s administration has reaffirmed that it will make moves to legalize marijuana now that parliament is resuming after the October election.
Oh Canada, go Canada.
Hopefully Canada going legal and Mexico soon/close, US may get its head out of its arse and follow within 5? years....

little maggie

Oh Canada, go Canada.
Hopefully Canada going legal and Mexico soon/close, US may get its head out of its arse and follow within 5? years....
Not if a Republican is elected.

little maggie,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Top Bottom