Cannabis News

JBone65

Watched this a year ago, but didn't appreciate how accurate it is. We Americans couldn't just legalize weed, we had to corrupt the entire process and fuck over consumers and non-consumers alike. Non-consumers are screwed because 90% of what should have been a long term reliable source of tax revenue is pushed to the black market.

The video also serves to emphasize the quality and environmental importance of sungrown and outdoor grown versus overpriced indoor weed.

Last edited:

Gunky

Watched this a year ago, but didn't appreciate how accurate it is. We Americans couldn't just legalize weed, we had to corrupt the entire process and fuck over consumers and non-consumers alike. Non-consumers are screwed because 90% of what should have been a long term reliable source of tax revenue is pushed to the black market.

The video also serves to emphasize the quality and environmental importance of sungrown and outdoor grown versus overpriced indoor weed.
Legalization (as opposed to medical marijuana) has been mostly a disaster. The silver lining in some states has been the 6 (or 4, 12, etc) plants you are allowed to grow for your own use at home. Most of those million sq ft greenhouse operations will probably go out of business but the ability to do small grows will eventually influence the whole business and spread smaller, better, more ecological grow technologies as well as better and more diverse strains.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968

Cop ‘Overwhelmed’ By Weed Smell in Ex-Raiders’ Car During Stop: Report​

Don't know if non-subscribers can read Daily Beast links, so here's the gist. Guy, Las Vegas Raiders player, in Las Vegas is speeding home to beat team curfew is pulled over for speeding. Cop smells dope and so arrests him for DUI and other charges. Sick what happens in states where weed is still illegal. Poor player's career is probably over. I'm also guessing that the perp is Black and the cop is White.

Polarbearboy,
  • Sad
Reactions: florduh

florduh

Quite the decade in North America

GABxfKaXoAAvom9

GABxfJPWMAAkCdf

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968

florduh

This is becoming a pattern. Voters choose to legalize cannabis. Then Republican legislators or governors try everything in their power to overturn it.

GAisc2dXsAA6rBN

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
macbill,

JBone65

I would like to have the option to visit and buy from my favorite grower. Sounds like a great idea, especially if there are a lot of competing growers and dispensaries.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

JBone65

This is a long video but some interesting info comes out. DJ Short has been a professional breeder/grower since the 70's. His experience with original landrace strains influences him today. He got my attention when he talked about the original Highland Oaxacan strain from the 70's. Only had 1/3 of a pound, but I still dream about that strain. To that end, he says seeded weed potentially tastes better under the right conditions. His cannabis judging criteria is only about the quality of the buzz of the finished product. He has five criteria strictly to rate the quality of the buzz.

Last edited:
JBone65,
Reactions: macbill

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968

Marijuana Buyers From Texas Fuel a ‘Little Amsterdam’ in New Mexico​

Texas, aka The Nanny State where citizens are forced to bow down to the government, forbids MJ so Texans drive across the border to NM. How soon until Texas intrudes into cars coming into the state to check for MJ? You can have all the guns you want, but possession of one joint can result in a prison sentence, particularly if one is Black or Latino.

Gift article version should let you read it at NYT:

Polarbearboy,
Reactions: vapviking

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Texas, aka The Nanny State where citizens are forced to bow down to the government, forbids MJ so Texans drive across the border to NM. How soon until Texas intrudes into cars coming into the state to check for MJ? You can have all the guns you want, but possession of one joint can result in a prison sentence, particularly if one is Black or Latino.

Yeah, when Massachusetts shops first opened, I was there with my NY license plates meeting people from New Jersey and Delaware in the parking lot!

The Republic of Texas may see fit to keep arresting and incarcerating people, but all the local municipalities will see their money being syphoned away and eventually will want a piece of the cannabis industry pie.

Edit-
Would be nice in, uh, Willie Nelson's lifetime? Please?

Last edited:

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Yeah, when Massachusetts shops first opened, I was there with my NY license plates meeting people from New Jersey and Delaware in the parking lot!

The Republic of Texas may see fit to keep arresting and incarcerating people, but all the local municipalities will see their money being syphoned away and eventually will want a piece of the cannabis industry pie.
When Mass legalized I drove three hours down from northern NH down to Salisbury MA, where the parking lot was filled with NH and Maine plates. Then Maine legalized then Vermont. At least NH is now "not illegal" and may soon legalize as it is now completely 100% surrounded, an island in a sea of legal weed. Meanwhile, as I've said elsewhere, there are now nearly a dozen dispensaries, both rec and med, in Bethel ME, the nearest small but large enough town to me, about 15 miles away. Prices continue to drop, THC percentages and general quality continue to rise, and variety of cannabis products keeps growing. Just wish I was younger so I could vape more--my old jillions of cigarettes and thousands of joints lungs appear to be compromised. Still, as I've said before: We're livin' in the Golden Age here. But not in Texas.

Polarbearboy,
  • Love
Reactions: vapviking

vapviking

Old & In the Way
And more science...

I can admit now to my strategy all along with Covid.
My effort was to keep all my respiratory soft tissue coated in cannabis oils and resin, preventing Covid entry. :brow:

Part of this study now says this may have worked! Sorta.
I did do several rounds of vaccination.
I live 5 miles from the ground zero outbreak in New Rochelle, NY
I found out that so far, I have zero trace of Covid antibodies in my system.

JBone65

And more science...

I can admit now to my strategy all along with Covid.
My effort was to keep all my respiratory soft tissue coated in cannabis oils and resin, preventing Covid entry. :brow:

Part of this study now says this may have worked! Sorta.
I did do several rounds of vaccination.
I live 5 miles from the ground zero outbreak in New Rochelle, NY
I found out that so far, I have zero trace of Covid antibodies in my system.
Check this video. CBD potentially prevents COVID.

Check this video as well. I'm thinking vaping natural sungrown weed with high THC & CBD will kill several birds with one stone. Much better head buzz with longer duration. All supposed experts say CBD is worthless for recreational purposes, but we all see CBD helping several categories of neuro patients with PTSD, epilepsy, pain, anxiety, sleep, etc. I stumbled across some by accident and it continues to blow me away....

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Yeah, when I lived in Texas, I had a friend who drove to MN, and sometimes CO, almost once a week. He would come back with a practical carload full of stuff and sell them to most of my friends and I.

Not all heroes wear capes.

Rhyming Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

JBone65

Yeah, when I lived in Texas, I had a friend who drove to MN, and sometimes CO, almost once a week. He would come back with a practical carload full of stuff and sell them to most of my friends and I.

Not all heroes wear capes.

Rhyming Leonardo Dicaprio GIF
I'm guessing thousands of industrious Oklahomans are cashing in somehow. Although we are discouraged from doing so, the "law" here makes it easy and inexpensive to fill a trunk with goodies. I'm not complaining.

JBone65,
Reactions: Ramahs
Top Bottom