Cannabis News

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
From the DEA website. Under TOPICS OF INTEREST 44pages
The Dangers and Consequences of Marijuana Abuse - http://www.dea.gov/docs/dangers-consequences-marijuana-abuse.pdf

Most of the statistical evidence that has been collated and filled within their bullet points, really needs more scrutiny and is contrary to some other more recent studies I've been reading as of late. Lot of the anecdotal evidence relies on the most extreme cases for impact. Guilt by association/bad apple type arguments. Illegal growing operations impact on the environment.
A lot of the negative health data is combustion related. Some skeptics should really compare notes to what the DEA has presented.

Ad Hominem arguement on Page 4
Organizers behind the “medical” marijuana movement did not really concern themselves with marijuana as a medicine –they just saw it as a means to an end, which is the legalization of
marijuana for recreational purposes. They did not deal with ensuring that the product meets the standards of modern medicine: quality, safety and efficacy. There is no standardized composition or dosage; no appropriate prescribing information; no quality control; no accountability for the product; no safety regulation: no way to measure its effectiveness (besides anecdotal stories); and no insurance coverage.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Here is the operative question from that article 3 posts up.
"One has to wonder why the U.S. DEA chief would be setting drug policy, and promoting that policy to the public, based on personal opinions, rather than scientific evidence."

I would really like to get an answer to that question. What do y'all think my chances are?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
IL Gov. Bruce Rauner rejects new conditions for medical marijuana

Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner’s administration announced Thursday a “broad rejection” of an initiative to expand the list of conditions that can qualify for medical marijuana treatment in the state, as reported by the Associated Press.

The Republican governor refused to add 11 new conditions, including osteoarthritis, migraine, chronic post-surgery pain and post-traumatic stress disorder to the list of diseases that can be treated under the state’s medical marijuana pilot program.

The rejection came despite recommendations from an expert advisory board appointed by Rauner’s Democratic predecessor Pat Quinn.

In a veto message, Rauner said adding PTSD to the eligibility list would “prematurely expand” the program before the state has had the chance to evaluate it.

“The pilot program is moving forward, but remains in its early stage. Cultivation centers are just beginning to grow their crops, and the first dispensary was licensed at the end of August,” Rauner said. “It is therefore premature to expand the pilot program – before any patient has been served and before we have had the chance to evaluate it.”

As of August 2015, only 2,800 Illinois patients had been approved for the medical marijuana program that currently includes qualifying conditions such as cancer, HIV and multiple sclerosis, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

Last month, Rauner also vetoed legislation that would have extended the state’s medical marijuana pilot program by several years. The program is set to expire Jan. 2018, but advocates say they’re trying to work with the Rauner administration to extend the program, according to the Chicago Tribune.

bounce5

IL Gov. Bruce Rauner rejects new conditions for medical marijuana

Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner’s administration announced Thursday a “broad rejection” of an initiative to expand the list of conditions that can qualify for medical marijuana treatment in the state, as reported by the Associated Press.

The Republican governor refused to add 11 new conditions, including osteoarthritis, migraine, chronic post-surgery pain and post-traumatic stress disorder to the list of diseases that can be treated under the state’s medical marijuana pilot program.

The rejection came despite recommendations from an expert advisory board appointed by Rauner’s Democratic predecessor Pat Quinn.

In a veto message, Rauner said adding PTSD to the eligibility list would “prematurely expand” the program before the state has had the chance to evaluate it.

“The pilot program is moving forward, but remains in its early stage. Cultivation centers are just beginning to grow their crops, and the first dispensary was licensed at the end of August,” Rauner said. “It is therefore premature to expand the pilot program – before any patient has been served and before we have had the chance to evaluate it.”

As of August 2015, only 2,800 Illinois patients had been approved for the medical marijuana program that currently includes qualifying conditions such as cancer, HIV and multiple sclerosis, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

Last month, Rauner also vetoed legislation that would have extended the state’s medical marijuana pilot program by several years. The program is set to expire Jan. 2018, but advocates say they’re trying to work with the Rauner administration to extend the program, according to the Chicago Tribune.

More bullshit....

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I've heard folks complain about the quality of medical cannabis in Canada. I'm sure it varies depending the area. Is the black market the better of the two?

I live in WA state the Governor hopes to edge out the real med cannabis by July 2016. A lot of the recreational products arent organic. I'm concerned about only having basically the recreational cannabis vs truly medical and I use organic if it's available. I don't want pesticides.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
FYI - I was at a meeting regarding the changing regulations of medical cannabis in our state of WA where cannabis is legal now.

I heard an interesting comment that if you have your cannabis in a Cvault the cops would have to get a search warrant in order to open it if it was in my car.

I would imagine that would be the same wherever you lived even if cannabis wasn't legal. If it were loose in a baggie and you got stopped and the cop smelled weed he would find it just laying there. If it were confined in a small Cvault it would be a different story.

Gunky

Here is a little bit of it. It goes on and on about various ways people charge to attend a party or seminar and a 'gift' of pot is included, etc all sorts of dodges. Dumbass House Republican prohibitionists suck, but D.C. is working around them...

D.C. Politics
First legal harvest of marijuana fueling gray market for pot in U.S. capital
Resize Text

Comments 34

DCPOT21439065507.jpg

The first legal crop of homegrown pot is coming to harvest in Washington under a ballot measure passed last year by D.C voters. Several are finding they can grow more than they can ever use, even though sales remain illegal. (Astrid Riecken/For The Washington Post)
By Aaron C. Davis September 12 at 9:08 PM
In upper Northwest Washington, marijuana buds the size of zucchinis hang drying in a room once reserved for yoga. In the Shaw neighborhood, pot grown in a converted closet sits meticulously trimmed, weighed and sealed in jars. Elsewhere, from Georgetown to Capitol Hill to Congress Heights, seven-leafed weeds are flowering in bedrooms, back yards and window boxes.

Welcome to the first crop of legal pot in the nation’s capital — where residents may grow and possess marijuana but are still forbidden to sell it.

In recent weeks, a small army of mostly novice gardeners who took up growing when the District legalized marijuana in February have begun to roll, pack and smoke the joints, bongs and bowls of their labor. By one estimate, they have collectively grown upward of 100 pounds with a street value north of a half-million dollars — far more than most of these amateur cultivators are likely to consume on their own.

All of which presents a thorny question for District leaders and police in a city where cultivation and possession are legal but sales are not: How the heck will all this pot get from those who have it to those who want it?
A fitness instructor who took up the hobby six months ago has amassed enough pot to make tens of thousands of dollars selling it. Instead, he’s begun giving away a little bit to anyone who pays for a massage. The instructor asked not to be named out of concern that he or his home, where he sometimes serves clients, could become targets for criminals.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
That's a nice way to create THC, but a lot of research shows the naturally occurring panoply of terpenes and cannabinoids works better than THC in isolation (ie marinol).
Yes, its called the "Entourage Effect". Cannabis therapy is definitely the sum of its parts. Its not about a single substance alone but many that work together, terpenes included. The obvious example is CBD which regulates the psychoactive effect from THC. One of the most instructive things I have seen is this experiment done with intravenous THC and THC mixed with CBD. The difference in experience the test subject has is easily seen and demonstrates the effect perfectly. Marinol has been shown to have less efficacy and has killed people which is what happens when you take the plant and put it in a pill . . . :disgust:

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
New marijuana law side effect: Youth possession now a felony
LEWISTON, Idaho (AP) - A prosecutor in southeastern Washington has charged three teens with felonies for marijuana possession, saying a new law demands the higher level of offense.

The Lewiston Tribune in Idaho reports the teens ages 14, 15 and 17 have been charged in nearby Asotin County with felonies that could net them up to five years in prison. The offense was previously a misdemeanor with a maximum 90-day jail sentence.

Asotin County Prosecutor Ben Nichols said Senate Bill 5052, which the Legislature passed and Gov. Jay Inslee signed into law this year, contains the new language.

"If you are a minor, a person under 21, it's a felony no matter what," Nichols said.

The bill's sponsor, Sen. Ann Rivers, R-La Center, said the tougher penalty was designed to deter minors from trying an adult drug.

"We have to send a message to our kids: This will hurt you in more ways than one if you decide to participate," Rivers said.

An Inslee spokeswoman told The Tribune, however, the felony charge for minors is not what he intended in a law focused on regulating the state's medical marijuana system.

"I can only tell you that this was not the intention that the governor had when working with legislators on this bill," Inslee spokeswoman Jaime Smith said.

Smith said parties had agreed at the time that keeping marijuana out of the hands of minors was a priority, "but there are other ways to do that without charging them with felonies."

The governor can't change the law himself, but lawmakers could when they meet for the 2016 legislative session.

Rick Laws, an Asotin County public defender who represents one of the juveniles, said that doesn't help his client in the meantime.

"That's an awfully high price for a few people to have to pay for faulty legislative work," he said.

Nichols said if the law is changed, anyone convicted would have to return to court and ask to have that conviction vacated.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
We don't bother to educate, we just incarcerate. Much cheaper up front, and far more expeditious. This bullshit will one day come back to bite, and the price will be high!

Top Bottom