Cannabis News

florduh

This is what the Prohibitionists are sending voters in Missouri,

4mn72uwgwdw91.jpg

If I was your average suburban idiot, I'd assume Amendment 2 will legalize marijuana for children ages 12-17 after reading this garbage.

Here's how you know prohibitionists are full of shit. Their only move is rank dishonesty. Instead of arguing against legalizing cannabis for adults, they mislead voters with bullshit about "the children". This is particularly stupid because dispensaries card customers. Drug dealers do not. "Smart Approaches To Marijuana" believes cannabis should only be available through drug dealers.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
This is what the Prohibitionists are sending voters in Missouri,

4mn72uwgwdw91.jpg

If I was your average suburban idiot, I'd assume Amendment 2 will legalize marijuana for children ages 12-17 after reading this garbage.

Here's how you know prohibitionists are full of shit. Their only move is rank dishonesty. Instead of arguing against legalizing cannabis for adults, they mislead voters with bullshit about "the children". This is particularly stupid because dispensaries card customers. Drug dealers do not. "Smart Approaches To Marijuana" believes cannabis should only be available through drug dealers.
The good news is that apparently 2 in 3 Americans now realize this is probably bullshit.

Vaporware

Instead of arguing against legalizing cannabis for adults, they mislead voters with bullshit about "the children".

I was recently in a grocery store and I noticed a rack of tiny alcohol bottles near the checkout - easy for any kid to slip in a pocket…the same stores are full of shelves of alcohol, high caffeine energy drinks and over the counter pills that could kill you if you took too many, etc.

If you include straight poisons that aren’t meant for consumption there are probably hundreds of things that a kid could seriously hurt or kill themselves with in the average large grocery store.

…but a little flower that a kid would have to steal and separately find a means of intentionally consuming would be unthinkable in the same places, despite being relatively harmless even if they did consume it. :shrug:

Not that I think grocery store shelves are the best place for cannabis, just saying we’re pretty selective about what we think we can’t even let kids see and what is completely acceptable to buy, sell and use around them every day. :disgust:

JBone65

Interesting documentary focused on the California cannabis industry, the strengths and weaknesses, etc.

It says "California weed is best", although "the California recreational weed industry has been mismanaged" to some degree.

That part is highly subjective but there are lots of other information tidbits about the techniques and the cost to grow in California.

Typical California premium indoor weed (supposedly) costs around $700/lb to grow today, too much to pay high taxes, compete with the black market and leave a profit margin.

There is a more interesting section on state-of-the-art "sungrown" weed from Glass House, with 1.5M square feet of of efficient greenhouse, that supposedly produces better weed for as little as $100-200/lb ($6-12/oz). It's corporate weed but it could be a huge improvement since lower priced and (supposedly) better quality. Innovations like this are probably essential for companies in high cost areas to compete with companies in lower cost areas like Oklahoma.

It's a 22 min video but easy to watch.

Edit: I like the downward trend of prices, seems natural in a competitive environment. I'm hoping for an upward trend in quality. I'm guessing the problem in California is complicated by excessive taxation, high property values, high labor, high utility costs, unnecessary regulation and political thievery.

Last edited:

florduh

Interesting documentary focused on the California cannabis industry, the strengths and weaknesses, etc.

It says "California weed is best", although "the California weed industry has been mismanaged".

That part is highly subjective but there are lots of other information tidbits about the technique used and the cost to grow in California.

Typical California premium indoor weed costs around $700 to grow today, too much to pay high taxes, compete with the black market and leave a profit margin.

There is a more interesting section on state-of-the-art "sungrown" weed from Glass House, with 1.5M square feet of of efficient greenhouse, that supposedly produces better weed for as little as $100-200/lb ($6-12/oz). It's corporate weed but it could be good???

It's a 22 min video but easy to watch.

Excellent video. I really feel for the small businesses that were thriving under Prop 215 that are getting wiped out by the dumb way Cali rolled out legalization.

There's a focus on how legalization and taxation are what fucked up the market, and that's true. But by the end of the video it's clear growers are getting fucked by a different problem too: an overabundance of flower driving prices down to a level where growing is barely profitable.

I understand lowering taxes and easing regulation would help smaller businesses in the short term. But how would that help with the oversupply issue? OK has little regulation. The price of weed totally cratered there too.

One of the Cali growers mentioned something I've thought about too. Interstate commerce would help, sure. But because of the stupid ass way the Feds have handled this.... there are now dozens of States that have been forced to develop their own growing operations. Who will these Cali growers be exporting to exactly?

I don't know what the answers are here, given how fucked up everything is already. IMO, cannabis should only be subject to normal local sales tax. I'm all for regulation if it's designed to ensure I'm buying safe medicine. But regulations designed to fence out smaller businesses are bullshit. We have plenty of those in The Free State where regs have ensured we only have Corpo Weed.

It was also crazy hearing a grower say that when a patient buys their $45 eighth at a dispo, the grower only gets $2. What the fuck? A Cali law allowing small growers to sell direct to consumer at farmer's markets passed recently. Maybe that type of setup is the direction we should be heading?

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I wonder if growing your own will become recreationally legal and force the prices down even further. Maybe a growers kit that comes with everything needed for a small indoor grow including seeds, lights, structure and nutrients. One time cost for the home set up. There are already plenty of grow your own "indoor herb gardens" sets already sold out there ..... just switch basil for banana OG.

If the above did become legal the current retail growers would be forced to compete on a whole new level.....

blackstone

32,000 kilos, or equivalent to 1.1m plants, of dried matter.
It says this happened a month ago and I've already been seeing some difficulties where I am.
Christmas possibly looking dry for some people.

============

I thought this must be about smoking cannabis, but it says they used a 'vape' for the study.
So it's about concentrate pens? And they might be giving other vapes a bad name.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I thought this must be about smoking cannabis, but it says they used a 'vape' for the study.
So it's about concentrate pens? And they might be giving other vapes a bad name.
I've been tracking my blood pressure lately (Dr. orders) and I've noticed that my BP increases after consuming cannabis. I've not smoked, but I did get higher readings after vaping and even higher numbers after a strong edible. So there's that. :2c:

:peace:

florduh

I've been tracking my blood pressure lately (Dr. orders) and I've noticed that my BP increases after consuming cannabis. I've not smoked, but I did get higher readings after vaping and even higher numbers after a strong edible. So there's that. :2c:

Yep. THC increases blood pressure and heart rate temporarily, like coffee.

You'd have to look at the study itself to see what they're measuring. A substance can temporarily increases blood pressure and heart rate without leading to heart disease.

My guess is if an American gets heart disease, and they probably will, it will be more to do with the fact that every carbon atom in their body originated in corn syrup than any cannabis consumption. Is it possible that cannabis will push someone consuming the standard American diet over the edge into heart disease? Sure. But even in that case quitting Oreos will pay more health dividends than quitting weed.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
If diddy runs his business as he did his restaurants, they will be out of business within a few years… and yuk on cresco, they peddle shit

FlyingLow,
Reactions: mitchgo61

blackstone

You'd have to look at the study itself to see what they're measuring. A substance can temporarily increases blood pressure and heart rate without leading to heart disease.

Hopefully being as bad as cigarettes on the heart isn't that bad. I've been looking at smokers, some elderly, these last years and sometimes I wonder how they're still going if smoking is really so bad.
I get a bit scared when I think about how sticky vapor condensate oil is, and of the absorbtion in the lungs, and transfer to the blood.
I was once even afraid my lungs might get stuck together inside like a sticky volcano bag!
At least we can hope vaping cannabis isn't as bad on the lungs or the rest of the organs and circulatory system, as cigarettes are.
As for edibles raising your blood pressure also, it might suggest it's the THC itself which has the effect, rather than the sticky oil entering the bloodstream, I'm not sure.
Stress is a big killer and weed helps to alleviate that.

I guess this is better than using spit or piss. But are marijuana related traffic incidents really a problem, or is this just another corpo cash grab? There was a legitimate reason to crack down on drunk driving, for example...

It's been a while since this was posted, but at the time I wondered if a breathalyzer could actually better measure impairment rather than the current system of a test showing use from days or weeks ago in saliva or blood.
Well I noticed in this other article, that cannabis is only detectable in breath for about 2-3 hours, so a breathalyzer would be a much more useful indicator of actual impairment rather than showing not so recent, or past use.

A quote from the article:
Currently, in Pennsylvania, an individual cannot drive if there is ANY marijuana metabolite in their blood. Therefore, if an individual is completely sober, but legally used marijuana in the weeks prior to driving on PA roads, they are driving illegally according to PA law and can be arrested and charged with Driving Under the Influence, see 75 Pa.C.S.A.§3802(d)(1)(iii). And yes, this happens every day in Pennsylvania.

We are excited about the opportunity to work with Cannabix to assist in testing a breath test device that can detect if an individual has smoked marijuana in the past 2-3 hours. If this device is proven to be reliable in PA Courts, this could be a game changer in keeping our roads safer with new legislation and at the same time, not infringe on citizens' rights who use marijuana legally and still want to be able to drive a vehicle. Warren County looks forward to working with Cannabix on the Pilot Program.'

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

florduh

Lots of people in the Dakotas and Arkansas drove to their polling place with a "Don't Tread On Me" bumper sticker slapped on their Ford F150, walked into the booth and said "Please tread on me harder daddy!" Real cuck mindset.

Still, the map is looking better than it did before

FhIJoMjWQAAyHgC

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
They obviously haven't met me.

florduh

Top Bottom