Cannabis News UK

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I'm just happy that someone, other than me, has posted some news....
Well done that man....

I'd be happy with this sort of setup, I'm not botherd about dispenseries, I would just like to continue my personal grow without any fear of punishment or stress to my children (getting raided)...

I would also like the option to swap my lovingly grown flowers, with other like minded individuals....

Is that so much to ask...

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I don't think it's too much to ask, but I think we're in the minority :shrug:
Swapping would be fun, having the chance to try the different strains around :)
I'd love to have the room to have a small tent to grow my own too. I hate having to rely on someone else.

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Unfortunately I just don't have the space and I'm such a bad sleeper that I couldn't have it next to me in the bedroom. :(
Believe me.. If I could, I would

Pyr0,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I was worried about the hum keeping me awake, but now I can't sleep without it...

It's not loud, just a subtle hum,, I have an exhaust on my intake to minimise noise, as well as being enclosed in a bespoke fitted wardrobe....

And having unlimited flowers really helps a man sleep....

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Some good news/bad news today....

Let's start with good....

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/uk/can-now-bet-cannabis-becoming-legal-uk-next-10-years/

I really fucking hope so....

Now some bad news...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-36424935

Leave me alone, I'm not profiting or hurting anyone....

And some neutral news....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36421367

We all knew that everyone does it, and I knew that these roadside test's would surprise with large numbers...

As have UK employee drug testing, they bought drug testing into force at my local tip and with my binmen, they have literally sacked everyone, for having a bit of cannabis in your system, yet alcohol is fine... what the fuck is wrong with this country, I'd rather my employee go home, get baked and chill out than go out down the pub all night and come to work the next day....

But alcohol is absolutely fine, doesn't ruin lives or hurt anyone, wait, oh yeah it does...

But it obviously makes the government enough money to offset the damage...

Or they know how carcinogenic alcohol is, and need it to keep the mortality rates steady....

Ranting......

blackstone

While I'm not in UK, I'm close by and our laws are similar to UK so I always watch here with hope. Thank you @kellya86 and all the others for keeping us updated, your efforts are never wasted and we are seeing history being made in many parts of the world recently!

I had great hope for that bill that was supposed to go through the motions in UK 2015-16 but it fell flat, and Ireland have announced forming a new drugs strategy to effect within 12 months but their recent "gang problem" in the capital Dublin may (or may not) have undesirable effects on any policies there.

I was just hoping for the new US states that are voting in November, and Canada's movement in the new year, to have big enough influence over this side of the pond. Hopefully it's all over the news here and it causes an about turn, we've all waited too long already for this change!

Here is another date when we can look forward to a little news from our neighbour Italy, 27th June we may know more! :
https://www.leafly.com/news/headlines/italian-lawmakers-are-debating-cannabis-will-they-legalize-it

Fingers crossed. I will post anymore I find from this side of the pond

kellya86

Herb gardener...
^^^ this is exactly what I want, just the right to own some flowers and grow a few plants.....

Although if I can grow 5 plants but only own 15 grams a time, I'm gonna have a problem...

I'd get 20 oz from 5 plants....

I wonder if the referendum vote will affect any legalisation issues...

Is it better to be in or out for legalisation???

kellya86,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Ha OK I shall continue....

My main problem is all the cannabis news in the UK is bias to demonise it, so as to justify the government's actions....

So it's hard to find any positive news through all the lies.....

kellya86,
Reactions: Copacetic

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I know exactly what you mean, even in that article just posted you can read between the lines that the government has it's own (outdated) views that they stick to.

We need a new generation to have a possibility of them seeing the light/truth.

Pyr0,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
kellya86,
Reactions: Pyr0

philmein

hobbyists should not after look over there shoulder.
thankfully the days are ending from getting ripped off like you ive took the hobbyists root.
the hardest bit is convincing the wife lol

Last edited:
philmein,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
the hardest bit is convincing the wife lol

The 250 to 300 a month saving from not buying an Oz, was enough incentive for my other half.
Buying cannabis is a rip off, and a lottery....

Also it removes you from the criminal world of drug dealers, back alleys and possibe police attention....

kellya86,

blackstone

It is funny how it's looking like decriminalising all drugs in some of our countries lately, just when we were getting jealous of USA with their liberal stance on weed! :)
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/Should...drugs-d2efb4e8-abe3-4a17-91e6-eb8ae740fcb4-ds

And yes, I also saw articles from parents of kids who died from lack of knowledge and regulation, now also calling for legalization.
It's amazing how it all kicked off after UNGASS and has kept momentum since.

But is decriminalise the way it will really go, and the gangs still get the profits?
A lot of people use Portugal as an example, but when I look that up it looks fairly grim. The only reason it probably works for Portugal is that all the cannabis and people involved with it probably come from outside the country, so they dont need to eliminate internal gangs?
Where I am, a politician has asked to decriminalise everything to help tackle the gangs. I cant see how that works.
Unless he means legalise and regulate, and it sounds too crazy for the general public to hear!

Here's a rough timeline that I'm working off for ANY possible change in West Europe attitudes or outside influence:
Soon-ish: Any firm response on the latest UK/IRL calls to decriminalise.
27th June : Italy was supposed to decide on rec. legalization
1st July onwards: DEA announce scheduling
November: California (plus many others) recreational
January 2017: Canada rec.
^
^
UNGASS 2019

Jamaica, Australia and South Africa are among others involved in recent movements!

blackstone,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@blackstone good post....

I'm a litthe confused about decriminalisation myself, I know as a small personal grower, it would give me some stress relief....

But as for everyone else, I think decriminalisation is a had arsed solution...

Surely you need full legalisation for regulation????

Oh and unrelated, but bye bye David Cameron, you pig fucking prick......

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Yes and the whole of the eu as well :( ^^

Not really, Europe is still there, and we will still trade with them, and still will.
It was only ever meant to be a trade agreement, they were never supposed to govern us, that's not what was voted for. So I'm happy.

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
@kellya86

I know you may think you are a small personal grower but does the law as depicted on the cps website reflect that?

http://www.cps.gov.uk

I think you should read the bit on cannabis cultivation very closely.

It's the reason I stopped growing in my own property. Not worth the risk to my family and my income.

I can't imagine those laws are going to be relaxed anytime soon, especially under Boris' reign.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@h3rbalist I have researched this at length, I would never put my childrens safety or my freedom at risk for this....

I know that under 9 plants is not punishable with a custodial sentence....

My set up is behind many locked door's any completely inaccessible to the children or anyone else, all chemicals are under lock and key, no scales in house, no firearms in house. Any cannabis is in a safe, and never leaves the room it is created in. It's goes completely unnoticed by all...

If I was to give up growing and go back to buying from dodgy people on streets, I run the risk of drawing attention to myself or end up guilty by associationow....

As I am, I don't have to have any involvement in the criminal world, surely that's best????

And I'm kind of hoping we won't have a conservative government for the future....

Top Bottom