Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
FlowerPot AdjustaBowl landed today and I have briefly tested it out. My glass piece is 18mm male and the OG 18mm male bowl would always bite down a bit and lock down tight if left on for any length of time.

So far this NEW AdjustaBowl does not lock down at all in fact the 18mm Ti stem doesn't seem to get very warm. I am going to test it to see if leaving the bowl on for an extended period time will lock down the AdjustaBowl?

It seems this AdjustaBowl is everything it is supposed to be.

:science:

Ooooh!

And my consumer envy kicks into overdrive :)

EDIT: NV ENVY!

squigger

Theres this white powder that falls out of the enclosed coil for the high 5 enail. Is the coil fucked? Should i not be breathing this stuff? . It falls out of a little space where the metal pole connects to the enclosed coil.

squigger,
Reactions: steama

dadan

Theres this white powder that falls out of the enclosed coil for the high 5 enail. Is the coil fucked? Should i not be breathing this stuff? . It falls out of a little space where the metal pole connects to the enclosed coil.

any image?

dadan,

squigger

any image?
https://imgur.com/Hzr6nY4

and the white powder is just really fine white powder
I'm thinking that glue stuff used to plug that hole just burned up and went in there. there used to be more of that glue stuff. this is a new high 5 enclosed coil

Also the flowerpot fell and melted carpet on the top edges whats a good way to get that off

Last edited:
squigger,

PoopMachine

I have the original small box with a lid for my stand for holding the FP head. Ive noticed that when the head gets hot, it sticks on that post. I have to wiggle it with some force to get it to come loose. I noticed last night that it seems like the nut doesnt fit on the base very snugly anymore.

Has anyone else experienced this? Ive only had the SH maybe 2 months. I dont want to have to buy new nuts every 6 weeks.

PoopMachine,
Reactions: Shooby

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I have the original small box with a lid for my stand for holding the FP head. Ive noticed that when the head gets hot, it sticks on that post. I have to wiggle it with some force to get it to come loose. I noticed last night that it seems like the nut doesnt fit on the base very snugly anymore.

Has anyone else experienced this? Ive only had the SH maybe 2 months. I dont want to have to buy new nuts every 6 weeks.

This happens to my dnail wrap around FP a bunch of times. i either had to turn off the controller and let it cool down or just apply force and turn it. This may get the stand post stuck in too.

Now I dont use tray & lid stand anymore cuz its annoying when its like stuck, STUCK! Which is a shame cuz thats why i got this stand to use as a stand. But it looks dam cool.

**edit**
This has to be the first newvape product that actually annoys me.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I purchased a couple of the New Vape Titanium Screens - Double Weave and was struggling to get them to fit my New Vape bowls. Shit, these don't work I thought. Then I checked New Vape's website for details and they are .78" which are basically too large for ALL my New Vape stuff - lol. Luckily I had a couple errlectric Titanium Double Weave screens around which are smaller (.75") and fit all my New Vape stuff much better including the new adjustabowl.

:disgust:

Wait.... The newvape double weave Ti screens do not fit the NV bowls?

The site states "Fits FlowerPot Bodies Perfectly"

I just ordered a few of these last week.

Shooby,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Well they don't fit, I don't like the fit at all.

The New Vape double weave Ti screens are .78" and I struggled to make them work, so rather than force them, twist and bend them, fuck them up and deform them, I just put them aside and used the errlectric double weave instead which are .75" and fit everything nice, easy, and tight...but not too tight.

:2c:

Ouch.

Even the Errlectric was a little tough to get in :D

This happens to my dnail wrap around FP a bunch of times. i either had to turn off the controller and let it cool down or just apply force and turn it. This may get the stand post stuck in too.

Now I dont use tray & lid stand anymore cuz its annoying when its like stuck, STUCK! Which is a shame cuz thats why i got this stand to use as a stand. But it looks dam cool.

**edit**
This has to be the first newvape product that actually annoys me.

I have the round stand with the debowler, and the little silicon tub. The SH head occasionally used to get stuck on the stand, but for whatever reason its stopped and doesnt happen any more.

I figure a rounded top on the head of the 'hot' stand would stop it ever happening again, but like I say, mine stopped sticking.

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I dont think I had tried this yet, but 670F SH uncapped, small mound of buddhas delight flower and a normal sized dab of galactic jack wax atop. 4 serious rips, flavor got crushed in the first hit but nicely medicated. I cant wait to start running some rosin through here so I can double up on the strain for maximum flavor.

biohacker

Still rockin the SH, but starting to wonder a little more about the wrap around, not only for the SiC (I quit dabbing on the Ti, either tasted gross or pools at lower temp with all 7 rosin strains I have on deck), but curious about the slightly more restricted airflow. I am one of those that doesn't necessarily think more airflow is better, and although i'm quite sensitive to airflow and draw restriction, I think that a too open of a flow may not be the best for me. I still have to focus on constantly keeping my draw at somewhat of a crawl, especially initially. Adding more water for increased pressure/suction has made a difference, but overall i'm finding the vapour extremely "airy". I know this is an effect of pure convection, something i'm still getting used to, but regardless of how I can milk the can, i'm exhaling what appears to be very diluted vapour, something like the Herbalaire, for comparison. BIG clouds, but they just don't seem to very very dense/thick, effects probably caused by hybrid/radiant/conductive heating.

Has anyone here tried the SH and preferred the wraparound? I've tried other vapes like the herborizer and had the same feelings....airflow way too open, and needs some sort of restriction, and it's more than likely a personal preference, but I have seen it mentioned before in other threads as well.

I'm finding my favourite usage at the moment is back to small loads, .1ish, about 660 on the dial, coarse grind, one hit, tamp, hit, done!

Always a struggle to decide whether to accept the sticking 18mm smaller bowl with handle, or the 14mm stubby with adapter (which also can stick, both stubby and glass adapter) and burn myself. Guess it can all be solved by forking out another $50 for the new bowl, but i'm not sure if there is anymore room in my NV museum! :lol:

I asked for a refund from Errlectric Canada when he offered to send me a slightly used Ti brush with an extra double mesh screen thrown in because he was out of stock. Uh, for $29 no thanks! Screens are in stock though, so not sure what's up with the other refunds.

This thread is impossible to keep up with! :rockon:

Alexis

The New Vape double weave Ti screens are .78" and I struggled to make them work, so rather than force them, twist and bend them, fuck them up and deform them, I just put them aside and used the errlectric double weave instead which are .75" and fit everything nice, easy, and tight...but not too tight.

Steama you broke my heart with this revelaton last night! Here I was all happy knowing I have my Ti double weave coming from Canada. Then that dream is shattered!:(
But it's okay, Newvape to the rescue, just order from them next time for new tools and screens.

Then we hear Vapefiend will have them in stock very soon. Hooray!
Now we learn that the Newvape Ti double weaves won't be any use? Seems very strange fpr Newvape to offer an item that doesn't work right or fit the range.

Is @NewVape710 or @NewVape420 aware of this? Can an adjustment be made to the screen sizes? I sure hope so, this is the only thing I can't easily get my hands on ow that I see as being useful or necessary.

@biohacker mornig bro and a pleasure to begin my day with another enthralling glimpse into your vape life! Thanks for sharing your experience and challenges with the FP, always very interesting. Maybe the Ti double weaves will add a little drsw restriction.

And there ain't nothong wrong with Herbalaire vapor- ask @lazylathe ;):lol::tup:.

Right, on with the day! I have resolved to take several days at least vapor break to get some things in order (like, ME!) as I prepare to be a Flowerpot user myself!:rockon:

Edit- great video @NewVape710 thanks from us all. You did just fine in front of the camera. I noticed that the bubbler you use is in fact the shorter version of the FC -186.

A number of us have ordered FC 186's now, folowing your recommendation, but I wonder if your shorter model (which is also available on Dhgate at various heights) would be a better recommendation than the 34 cm FC 186?

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@biohacker I have both setups and I think NV's marketing for both devices seems spot on. I too don't care for dabs up top on the SH as much as on my SiC or sapphire halo's. It works out just fine and I get good sized rips with my setup. My small recycler I thought gave denser hits than my mobius sidecar clone. What are your thoughts on carb capping for denser vapor? I've blown out hits that rivaled smoke. I only get wispy hits with low temps uncapped or even lower capped. Anything over about 630F capped or 700F uncapped gives me dense vapor and can be damn near close to combustion depending on the speed that draw the air.

Tonight I am going to disassemble the SH and put the wraparound with sapphire back in rotation. Now that I have an idea what the SH was performing the past week or so, it'll be interesting to go back to the wraparound setup and see what's doing.

BTW, I've decided that with the SH setup, I really really like having a dab ontop of a small bed of flowers at high temps uncapped. Very good vapor production, flavor is great for 50% of the session. I may try and cut the flower and dab back and see what happens. 4 hits is what I was getting with that load. I think 2 would be better to keep the flavor.

Unfortunately I don't have those other devices you've mention. I only have a crafty and vapcap aside from my pen, and the crafty puts out some vapor rival the FP IMO.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer

just measured the 10 alpha bowls have an ID of .725" should be .750"
The much firmer double weave screen installs much easier with the larger hole in the standard bowls.
All 10 alpha body sales will receive a free upgrades as promised with the alpha release with this issue being fixed. I'm glad we only made 10. Thank you for pointing this out. Now's the time to pick it apart. I'm also going to raise the screen up from the bottom a bit more.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I hate to be the first on the thread to remove the Showerhead and return to my OGFP 16mm unit!
For me the SH has too much of a free flow for my liking and even with the Showercap i was having a hard time dealing with faster browning of the herb and just not the effects i was looking for.

I spent an entire week with the SH and went through so much material it was crazy.
Started low and went every where in between with not much success.
Also tried a dab and it was okay but not as great as my quartz bowl on the OG.
Flavor on my OG beats out the SH for some reason as well.

What i ended up doing was finding a stainless steel washer to block off the outer row of holes.
This seemed to reduce the air flow slightly and produced better results but it was a pain to set up and use and the results were not consistent enough.

I also much prefer the weight of the OGFP 16mm version as well as the SS LolliCap!

Full Disclaimer:
I only use the OGFP with my EQ basket mod as it allows the best micro hits i have ever had.
I do not like using the screen as it uses too much material and the hits are a bit more airy.
I have the OG set at 680F and it is so consistent every day!
For me, the simple OG is the best!

Alexis

just measured the 10 alpha bowls have an ID of .725" should be .750"
The much firmer double weave screen installs much easier with the larger hole in the standard bowls.
All 10 alpha body sales will receive a free upgrades as promised with the alpha release with this issue being fixed. I'm glad we only made 10. Thank you for pointing this out. Now's the time to pick it apart. I'm also going to raise the screen up from the bottom a bit more.
Thanks Edwyn for clarifying this. So theTi doubles you have, which Vapefiend should stock soon, WILL work fine with my current bowls? I hope so, and when I eventually get the new bowl someday, it will be modified accordingly.

Excellent, I just couldn't see you leaving a single imperfection anywhere.:tup:

Any thoughts on the bubbler you used in the video? I only ask because so many more FP owners will surely be ordering the FC 186 which is taller than your model. If you believe the shorter one is more suitable for the FP then people can look at the other Chinese options (or your own of course.)

Justpassedu

Flowerpot Adjust-A-Bowl Theory and Installation Explained

Great video Edwyn . I have to get my hands on one of these shortly , looks like a great addition for the Fp. Great to finally put a face to the name man. On a side note , loving the new Shower Cap Carb Cap , put a small piece of aquarium air tubing on the handle as it can get a bit hot in group sessions , problem solved.
Wx7XWkH.jpg

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I hate to be the first on the thread to remove the Showerhead and return to my OGFP 16mm unit!
For me the SH has too much of a free flow for my liking and even with the Showercap i was having a hard time dealing with faster browning of the herb and just not the effects i was looking for.

I spent an entire week with the SH and went through so much material it was crazy.

What i ended up doing was finding a stainless steel washer to block off the outer row of holes.
This seemed to reduce the air flow slightly and produced better results but it was a pain to set up and use and the results were not consistent enough.

I also much prefer the weight of the OGFP 16mm version as well as the SS LolliCap!

Full Disclaimer:
I only use the OGFP with my EQ basket mod as it allows the best micro hits i have ever had.
I do not like using the screen as it uses too much material and the hits are a bit more airy.

Wow.

I'm a firm believer in each to their own. Different strokes for different folks, init.

Thanks for the detailed reasoning!

Square4Life

I guess I've gotten confused...do I need the EZ Load (VapeXHale) baskets or EQ Baskets (Arizer)? Wanted to get some to try and concentrate the heat to an area better.

Full Disclaimer:

SoDelicious

Salted Caramel Ice Cream

Full Disclaimer:

Thanks.... now i want to try the wrap around since it is pretty similar to the ogfp, but looks cooler :rofl:

Likes2vape

I have been running the wraparound head with out the coil cover and I am getting way better dabs than with the coil cover. I think the coil cover brings the dish temp down significantly. Does anyone else notice this as well?

Likes2vape,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Does this make sense?? While upheating I think so but after getting the same temperature the coil cover should hold back some of the coil's heat!?

Hogni,
Top Bottom