Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Thanks, folks!
Here it is:

dBs7Yz5.jpg

love the stand.

none of the silicone looks like it's been affected by the heat

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
love the stand.

none of the silicone looks like it's been affected by the heat

Thank you for the stand compliment! It was a fun project. :)

The silicon has been installed for 3 days now... no heat damage to the silicon, nor my hands! I've run it up to 800 Deg. with the handles on, no visible change of any kind.

Justpassedu

I was sure I'd get organic only suggestions. Should we be concerned about any off gassing from the handle insulator material. I not under the belief that the handle gets above 250F. I would prefer to use silicone, wood, phenolic, delrin or peak. The Phenolic has sorta of a retro wood look and machines well.

phenolics.jpg
I like the wood look allot so I'd personally be pretty happy with that. The handle is not getting hot enough for any off gassing but to be safe if going that route you'd want a food grade silicone tubing , something that handles heat , allot of vapes use them as whip tubing. They can take temperatures that the handle would never get to.

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
I forgot all about the wood. Yes on this!

If you went with multiple exotic hardwood options on the handles with Ti trimmings I'd buy them all just for the wood and metal alone. Seriously.

I still love me Stubby bowls though, it's just me and you big little buddy! I plan on ordering more in fact I really like them.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I forgot all about the wood. Yes on this!

If you went with multiple exotic hardwood options on the handles with Ti trimmings I'd buy them all just for the wood and metal alone. Seriously.

I still love me Stubby bowls though, it's just me and you big little buddy! I plan on ordering more in fact I really like them.

I'd be interested in a wooden option. I've approached @phattpiggie about a wooden handle for the coil too.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Yepp, a wooden handle or a leather sleeve around whatever. Something with more "sex appeal" than a pragamatic but really not sexy silicone sleeve. The device is good. Make it better by a sense for style.

Perhaps people should have more options of choice? Let them choose out of some options with different - add - prices if necassary.

BTW same as the carb caps. I would like to have the option while ordering which dabber I want to have in combo with my lollicap/shower cap.

EDIT: FYI I have a pinboard on Pinterest with my favourite pics of NV FP related stuff. It's a kind of "History of the Twax" Will be continued....

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
I must be alone here because i do not need a handle on my FP bowl!
It is also a bowl design i do not remember seeing here before, correct me if i am wrong!

For me this bowl is perfect as it has the recess for the EQ bowl!
I also just use a standard 18 to 14 reducer so the 14mm part of the bowl is always in the adapter.
I use the cool lip of the adapter to remove the bowl.
My bowl also has NO engraving on it...

Also the silicone band grinder from @NewVape710 came in!!
It's awesome!!!
LolliCap photobomb...

biccHKW.jpg

w7UTEjF.jpg

This is what i say every hit with the FP
TOetEcf.jpg

Baron23

meet the "handle bowls rev-2"

we are modifying our existing inventory on all 3 current handle bowls to this rev-2 designs.

speak up if you want the radius bottom other wise we are upgrading all our inventory.

Keep your handle and ship your extra, extra, extra, clean bowl in for a free update to rev-2.
offer expires 10-1-17, you pay round trip shipping.

modified to accept the evo screens. grove added to hold screen.

handle_bowls-rev-2-a.jpg

handle_bowls-rev-2-3.jpg

handle_bowls-rev-2-4.jpg

handle_bowls-rev-2-b.jpg
Ok, now I'm confused (not hard to do).

This rev 2 is designed to take the "EVO screen". What screen. The ELB? If so, the cap? Not the whole body, surely.

And then I look at the pics you posted and see what looks like a brass screen. Is this the stock screen that ships with the unit with the idea that you can drop an EVO ELB cap under it and...what...fill the ELB cap or put herb on the brass screen or...???

wrt handle material...I was going to suggest Delrin...good machinable material and melting point is about 350F, I believe. Then I aw your next post! LOL

Delrin in a handle wouldn't bother me, personally. Its a handle.

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Ok, now I'm confused (not hard to do).

This rev 2 is designed to take the "EVO screen". What screen. The ELB? If so, the cap? Not the whole body, surely.

And then I look at the pics you posted and see what looks like a brass screen. Is this the stock screen that ships with the unit with the idea that you can drop an EVO ELB cap under it and...what...fill the ELB cap or put herb on the brass screen or...???

wrt handle material...I was going to suggest Delrin...good machinable material and melting point is about 350F, I believe. Then I aw your next post! LOL

Delrin in a handle wouldn't bother me, personally. Its a handle.

My understanding, and what Im hoping for, means you can do either the ELB or the usual way with the stock screen.

Instant options and levels. Pre-loaded FP bowls are now a thing, for instance.

Last edited:

dontmindme

Is there a resistance of the shape of the path?

I personally think travelling down a cone or a some willy wonka aisle, there'd still be some central momentum goin on. Like echo horizons.

So... why not just make a different weave mesh above thats has larger
Spacing? You insert screen and lock that in.

Shoud i post this?.

Baron23

I was sure I'd get organic only suggestions. Should we be concerned about any off gassing from the handle insulator material. I not under the belief that the handle gets above 250F. I would prefer to use silicone, wood, phenolic, delrin or peak. The Phenolic has sorta of a retro wood look and machines well.

phenolics.jpg
My understanding, and what Im hoping for, means you can do either the ELB or the usual way with the stock screen.

Instant options and levels. Pre-loaded FP bowls are now a thing, for instance.
And the ELB is just the cap part, right???

Thanks, I believe you are exactly right. Radius taken out of the bowl to better grip a flat screen and an opened up throat to better accommodate and ELB...cap??

Looks very nice.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Please don't make it wood. Please. I don't need to spend more money. Zirconia or something sounds fine. Can confirm the handle getting loose a bit sometimes I guess due to heat, and also sometimes getting my fingers a bit hot but not a huge deal. If the handle at least stayed completely still, it'd be easy to tap the bowl to empty or something of the such. I'm often using my little mini tubo screwdriver to pick off any leftovers on the screen.

Allowing the evo caps to fit permits microdosing (without your load spread all over the large screen and probably whirlwinding everywhere) as well as pre-loading as mentioned. I'd assume both could be used. Full baskets will sit pretty damn deep in there though. I don't know how you'd have to change the temperatures to accomodate it, but I'm thinking for just the caps (so the load is sitting like a quarter of an inch below where it normally is) it should work just fine with the same settings - or maybe with a 5degree or so (f) adjustment upwards.

I'm interested to see how the taste of the Ti fares. Ideally I hope it's enough that I'll not care enough and can leave the SiC dish off once it arrives, but we'll see. If it's not great tasting I hate to say it but I'm going to be praying for inserts for it. I was thinking about it today, but idk. I'm not an engineer. I really hope it works out though, or something else is worked out so that you can crush flowers with the showerhead and still get delicious tasty dabs from some SiC/sapphire/quartz without having to have 2 enails/coils/etc or waiting for cooldown, swapping out, then heating back up.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Please don't make it wood. Please. I don't need to spend more money. Zirconia or something sounds fine. Can confirm the handle getting loose a bit sometimes I guess due to heat, and also sometimes getting my fingers a bit hot but not a huge deal. If the handle at least stayed completely still, it'd be easy to tap the bowl to empty or something of the such. I'm often using my little mini tubo screwdriver to pick off any leftovers on the screen.

Allowing the evo caps to fit permits microdosing (without your load spread all over the large screen and probably whirlwinding everywhere) as well as pre-loading as mentioned. I'd assume both could be used. Full baskets will sit pretty damn deep in there though. I don't know how you'd have to change the temperatures to accomodate it, but I'm thinking for just the caps (so the load is sitting like a quarter of an inch below where it normally is) it should work just fine with the same settings - or maybe with a 5degree or so (f) adjustment upwards.

I'm interested to see how the taste of the Ti fares. Ideally I hope it's enough that I'll not care enough and can leave the SiC dish off once it arrives, but we'll see. If it's not great tasting I hate to say it but I'm going to be praying for inserts for it. I was thinking about it today, but idk. I'm not an engineer. I really hope it works out though, or something else is worked out so that you can crush flowers with the showerhead and still get delicious tasty dabs from some SiC/sapphire/quartz without having to have 2 enails/coils/etc or waiting for cooldown, swapping out, then heating back up.

Well, my screen is now halfway down the channel under the flower bowl, probably down where the bottom of the large evo screens would be. I can micro dose down there, or fill the whole thing.

Im at 710 on the controller right now, using the 16mm coil, plus coil cover. I could lower temps a bunch if needed and still get a good extraction. If anything, Im finding it slightly more efficient and with a slight improvement in taste. The hot air is only ever going through flower with this method, no air can get through the screen without going through flower first.

Likes2vape

I put the dnail 20mm wrap around head with coil cover on last night and I can milk the rig just as good as the showerhead but I need to use a carb cap with it. The coil cover works great with the wrap around head. I don't get any pooling with dabs at 710 and I'm getting nice dark avb when using the can cap.

@NewVape710 if I place an order will you guys hold it until I send my handle bowl in? I'd like to get the new revision of it.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Sweet, I use the regular screen and settled around 680~ and just leave it there. Maybe a tad hot for oils, but it's not bad. Taste is still very nice and I'm not stuck hitting a large amount forever if I do decide to drop a large dab in there.

Pretty even roasting but I actually think a newvape fine grinder is in my future as I have a feeling my current grind is a bit too coarse, and I've heard nothing but good about these grinders. I get my herb really VERY dark, closer to "coffee" dark than I ever have before, comfortably... but I get a slight feeling I could squeeze just a whisp more out of the pile every time, if it was broken down just a bit more... who knows though.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Sweet, I use the regular screen and settled around 680~ and just leave it there. Maybe a tad hot for oils, but it's not bad. Taste is still very nice and I'm not stuck hitting a large amount forever if I do decide to drop a large dab in there.

Pretty even roasting but I actually think a newvape fine grinder is in my future as I have a feeling my current grind is a bit too coarse, and I've heard nothing but good about these grinders. I get my herb really VERY dark, closer to "coffee" dark than I ever have before, comfortably... but I get a slight feeling I could squeeze just a whisp more out of the pile every time, if it was broken down just a bit more... who knows though.

Using a long basket screen/low screen means no grinding needed :)

That being said, NewVape's grinder is still way high on my shopping list.

And the ELB is just the cap part, right???

I may be mixing my terms up and getting it wrong but any basket screen is fine by me :)

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

I'm pretty sure Newvape could pretty easily mill some quartz inserts if the demand is there, which is why I'm gonna go with the Showerhead. The trick with inserts is designing a groove or something so they don't spin when Q-tipping. Seems to be an issue with the Liger inserts I have read about.

This might sound crazy, but I've actually been dreaming of a flowerpot made completely of semiconductor grade quartz + quartz bowl with machined screen... + Ti coil cover :whoa: 0% metal in the vapor path = end game dream vape :bowdown::leaf:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
what's the worry with metal in the airpath? just a nitpick? that sounds pretty amazing though... make it happen!!!

i don't think the FP'll be bad for cleaning. I've been putting it thru its paces and haven't cleaned yet besides dumping out my abv and q tipping the dish after dabs.

The flavor is also amazing. Like really. How is it so good even after going thru my recycler?

An insert of any sort for the shower head would be (another) instant sale for me. Please folks. Voice your opinions. I will be able to test on Friday it looks like since amazingly, even tho I paid at 11am today, my stuff will still be arriving then.

Cheers. Off to induce a flowerpotcoma

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
what's the worry with metal in the airpath? just a nitpick? that sounds pretty amazing though... make it happen!!!

I'm not worried about metal in the vapor path (I'm getting a showerhead regardless)
BUT, the potential of being free of metal is very appealing. Plus it would look amazing being able to see inside the bowl while our herbs are being delivered! :leaf:

Kinda like this
IMG_8641_large.JPG

HiP0WER

Hey everyone,

Seriously considering a FlowerPot as my first ever vape (against the EVO).

What intimidates me though is the setup and list of what I actually need to get this thing going.

I haven't been able to find a list of things needed to get the FP rolling and was looking for some direction.

I know I need a nail controller (could anyone provide some recommendations)?
I know I need a flowerpot (and/or shower head? Unsure.
And a stand.

Looking for any input that might be able to help me!

Thank you!

Top Bottom