Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
@NewVape710 have you experimented with an inverted setup like this? Just curious how it would perform.

GHncrgh.jpg

I love tossing ideas around. I'd like to give the showerhead some more time with customers first.

Thanks for the consideration.

1_dish.jpg

dontmindme

this defeats the purpose of a dish, and promotes temperature change due to micro build ups.

the facet needs to be centered posted and dispersed in cracks like in ice. if you built around a coil, you could do reintroduction of air in a multilevel system, almost like placement was just as important as a degree, or... i'm more for one with fluctuations.

wiggly lines, or skirts.... i'm deleting this all soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
dontmindme,

VisiblyVaped

I can't decide which one I want. I like dabbing, so I'm thinking SiC, but part of me feels like if it hits flower as good as everyone says I might not even really want to dab with it and should go with the showerhead. Hmmmmm...

You can actually dab on the the showerhead surface....... That made for some great double decker hits last night and is what I'm looking forward to tonight

Edit:. I should elaborate a little further...... The Sic dish tastes amazing but the little bit you sacrifice taste wise you more than make up for with the way the showerhead hits.

Highly recommended

Last edited:

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
Hey buddies,
I've just added a screen in the nut, it's made with the 300 microns Stainless Steel mesh sheet that I now use for all my screens in all vaporizers;
It barely affects the draw restriction, and is pretty fine.. Reclaim is pure Golden/redish oil :luv:

No more particules goes back onto the center post.
Extraction seems more even. No hot spot on the center.

RNZR8mA.jpg

Edit:
@emmdeemo, I found it on my neighbourhood e-cig vape shop.
Some results on Dhgates.. : Here

(Oh, and yeah, I really dig in that Showerhead .. <3 )

:ninja:

Stay away from nickel. It's NOT healthy. Please ditch those mesh shits asap! :rip:

It still semi benefits but I feel the need for a much better one. Like the shower cap

It fits like right over the shower part so to speak but restricts air in a weird way

That's what I like to hear

Hey brother it looks like your FP arsenal has come up a few levels. Nice, no more waiting for you now!

I'm glad that you've been able to get what you've been wanting. It's great to see you, I've missed seeing your posts. Cheers! :cheers:

my good chap how do i go about calibrating this here newvape controller?

I don't think I set this puppy up wrong. Maybe I just need an IR thermometer?

Who knows. Also my SiC was slightly chipped upon further inspection.

No biggie. I'm baked as shit.

My first double decker was an accident. The concentrate stand is AMAZING quality, and the lid will serve as a great tray.

I knew I wouldn't regret this but I was trying to keep the hype down. I'm pleased but I feel like I need to fine tune this a lot more. Especially since this is my first time with any of this gear.

I'm quite pleased it sits fine on my cheapo, small recycler quite well and doesn't tip. Got a 14mm female to 18mm female adapter and my 18mm male body flowerpot in there :D

More testing but I do think I gotta mess with this a bit more? Tips? Please? Screens? Where the fuck do I get them? The stock ones are laaaaaaaaaaaaame. @morvis send me some of those double weaved weird ones mate.

Cheers

uGtrYzy.jpg

Z1Rrtdz.jpg
Here's the pdf link for a general calibration. https://www.newvape.com/pub/media/s...ced_enail_controller_programming_manual_1.pdf Once you get a thermometer that's rated for at least 1200f or more [still waiting on a loner myself] you'll be able to dial in that controller and coil big time.

NV would be more than happy to make it right by you if your Sic arrived damaged. I was about to ask you how you chipped your Sic tooth. ;)

I've noticed a little flavor difference between polished Sic on non polished versions. I believe the TAG Sic that NV uses is unpolished. It seems to look it too. Just some bits for you to chew on family. :science:

Stay away from those mesh shits :goon:mentioned earlier on in the thread. They're Ni = damage to you. That is if you're health conscious and you're about that better flavor during your sessions too.

Here's a link to some expensive Ti screens that'll last you a lifetime. So long as you don't lose them that is. :) These things are really stout. https://errlectric.com/index.php/hi...ng/product/53-errlectric-titanium-mesh-screen

You had already mentioned earlier that you liked your Ti dabs so those little buggers should be right up your alley! :tup::lol:

Okay, I'm turning in early tonight. The point of no return has arrived.

I've got to get all the rest I can before my NV cherry is popped later on this evening! :rockon:

Hopefully she'll be gentle with me... naw on second thought I like it rough, let's get wrecked. :D

Alexis

Nickel? I talked about Stainless steel, not nickel !
The link I posted was just a quick exemple :cheers:
More infos or links about that Nickel thing?
Hi Joaon, I looked into this a little and ideed both the 304 and 316 atainkess steel mesh contain nickel:

"The simple answer is 304 contains 18% chromium and 8% nickel while 316 contains 16% chromium, 10% nickel and 2% molybdenum. The molybdenum is added to help resist corrosion to chlorides (like sea water and de-icing salts)."

So perhaps this isn't totally healthy for us? I believe the Lotus vaporizer uses a nickel plate? So obviously there are vape manufacturers and users who are not concerned about nickel.

But maybe there is legitinate concern? I knew the 316 contained molybdenum, but I thought the 304 was pure steel. As long as you are aware though Joaon you can make your own decision, Im not trying to influence or scare you. I tried to fiind nickel free stainless steel mesh but it doens't seem easy to find if it exists.

Anyway, if you learn anything more on this topic or have any useful thoughts please shae with the community, if you could tag me please if it is good info will be appreciated, so I don't miss whichever thread it might be in.

Have a great weekend everybody. Man is this thread thriving like no other desktop right now? Have you all noticed in the forums home page, you can almost guarantee seeing at the top:
"Blah blah blah" replied to Newvape twax...etc.. 11 minutes ago.

Very popular indeed, full credit to Newvape who are clearly running an excellent company and (just about) keeping everybody happy!:)

Last edited:

VisiblyVaped

@ichibaneye what's up man?

I got pretty lucky in that department. I think being one of the people who adopted and mastered the original FP helped me. I'm still in the testing phases but I'll have more info up later. Life got really interesting beginning of July so I haven't been posting quite as much nor getting to use my FP as often as some of my on demand quick vapes......... But today I have some nice free time coming to me

PoopMachine

They must have hooked it up cause you were pissed haha

At the end of the day, they shipped me the correct part via Priority Mail Express. Shit happens and I appreciate them making it right. I probably wouldnt have been as upset if I hadnt next day air'd a coil to use the thing because I didnt realize I didnt have a 20mm.. I thought I had two but I guess I got rid of my only 20mm when I sold my Liger. Well, that and I had to destroy my SIC dish base to get the dish off. It was gunked up on the threads it took some serious pliers work to even get it loose.

ichibaneye

Nickel? I talked about Stainless steel, not nickel !
The link I posted was just a quick exemple :cheers:
More infos or links about that Nickel thing?
Well then maybe elaborate about the link from the start a bit more. Your post did not read the way you're implying here now is all I'm saying.

Others will link to what you have supplied and think hey I'll buy this. You'll have to educate yourself on nickle. I was trying to help with health concerns is all. No disrespect. Peace! :peace::)

@ichibaneye what's up man?

I got pretty lucky in that department. I think being one of the people who adopted and mastered the original FP helped me. I'm still in the testing phases but I'll have more info up later. Life got really interesting beginning of July so I haven't been posting quite as much nor getting to use my FP as often as some of my on demand quick vapes......... But today I have some nice free time coming to me

I here that brother! Life had been steam rolling me for almost a year and a half strait. I had to step away from FC for awhile myself. Not that I had wanted to. So I feel ya big time on that note. Enjoy that free time and I look forward to your next post. Thanks! :tup:

@Joaon Look into independent lab studies and tests on nickle not metal sites. They'll not go into the real detrimental health effects nor will the sites selling it. That should be a good start for you sir. Remember the FDA has killed and maimed more people out there in the name of safety :disgust: than actually helping the little people. Us! Cheers.

Last edited:

morvis

Trust no government official word! Handwoven screens of hemp stalk fiber is the only way to know you're totally safe!

;)

Likes2vape

My 20mm coil should be here but I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to test it out. I'm going to a festival today so I'll be bringing one of my boundless vapes with me. I look forward to putting the showerhead through some serious testing tomorrow!!

I have decided I prefer to not run the coil cover on my original 16mm center post Flowerpot. While it does make the coil temp super stable I feel as if the dish temp has dropped. I get pooling with dabs @733 with the cover and at the same temp without the cover I don't get pooling. Vaping flower hasn't seemed to change at the same temps just the dish temp seems to have dropped. I have a feeling it maybe different with the new wrap around head design with 20mm coil but won't know until tomorrow.

I picked up the d-nail carb cap to go with my D-nail sic dish and I have to say I wish I would of done it a long time ago.

@NewVape710 the d-nail sapphire insert washer does not fit around the center post. The inside diameter is 7.6mm or .299 and a crappy Pittsburg calipers. Honestly i don't think we'll be able to use the dnail sapphire insert with New Vape products. The nut for the dnail nail actually drops down into the dish with a lip on the top of the nut.

Likes2vape,
Reactions: steama

Baron23

Here's the pdf link for a general calibration. https://www.newvape.com/pub/media/s...ced_enail_controller_programming_manual_1.pdf Once you get a thermometer that's rated for at least 1200f or more [still waiting on a loner myself] you'll be able to dial in that controller and coil big time.

I'm not an expert on this, but I believe that the manual you linked from NV is for the PID controller assembly and that Figure 8 is how to connect this controller assembly to a SSR and a TC....the TC in question being the one in the coil. That is, terminals 6 & 7 go to pins 3 & 4 on the XLR ( with the D-nail semi-defacto pin out standard) and are TC +/-.

Personally, I don't know that I would mess with those settings too much...the AT is fine, but I personally wouldn't want to get too deeply into the programing of a PID.

I don't believe what they are talking about is an variable to compensate for offset between dab surface temp and TC reported temp. I believe my Auber has such a variable, but after much fussying about it and taking temp readings with a k-type thermo, I have concluded that just using the PID displayed temp as a relative reading is just fine (that is, if I set my coil to 590 F, then my dab surface on my Liger will be fine even thought its somewhere below 590).

Anyway....just idle chatter from me on a slow but beautiful Saturday.

Cheers

ichibaneye

I'm not an expert on this, but I believe that the manual you linked from NV is for the PID controller assembly and that Figure 8 is how to connect this controller assembly to a SSR and a TC....the TC in question being the one in the coil. That is, terminals 6 & 7 go to pins 3 & 4 on the XLR ( with the D-nail semi-defacto pin out standard) and are TC +/-.

Personally, I don't know that I would mess with those settings too much...the AT is fine, but I personally wouldn't want to get too deeply into the programing of a PID.

I don't believe what they are talking about is an variable to compensate for offset between dab surface temp and TC reported temp. I believe my Auber has such a variable, but after much fussying about it and taking temp readings with a k-type thermo, I have concluded that just using the PID displayed temp as a relative reading is just fine (that is, if I set my coil to 590 F, then my dab surface on my Liger will be fine even thought its somewhere below 590).

Anyway....just idle chatter from me on a slow but beautiful Saturday.

Cheers

I'm aware of what the pdf is for concerning the NV controllers. I've been studying it and finding out what everything means.

Agreed it might be fine for some. Buuuuuut.......I like what I like however and I'm a stickler when it comes to getting things dialed in as perfectly as humanly possible. I like to know where everything is operating at as well. Ya dig! :tup:

Ps. Just knowing what the true coil temperature is and what the true temperature of the surface one is using actually is will help immensely in itself.

Last edited:

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
I'm aware of what the pdf is for concerning the NV controllers. I've been studying it and finding out what everything means.

Agreed it might be fine for some. Buuuuuut.......I like what I like however and I'm a stickler when it comes to getting things dialed in as perfectly as humanly possible. I like to know where everything is operating at as well. Ya dig! :tup:

Ps. Just knowing what the true coil temperature is and what the true temperature of the surface one is using actually is will help immensely in itself.

Please lay your settings on us when you are finished experimenting. I, for one, would appreciate your feedback on what ends up working best for you!

Chicken #420,
Reactions: ichibaneye

ichibaneye

Please lay your settings on us when you are finished experimenting. I, for one, would appreciate your feedback on what ends up working best for you!

Will do my friend! I'm currently waiting outside for the mail to arrive. Then I'll be able to apply what I've been learning so far once I'm able to get my hands on that loner thermometer and probe. Enjoy your weekend.

Last edited:

dontmindme

Has newvape considered using a an outside locking nut rather than a center one? And diffused the non probed dish for that increased air flow? I'd imagine he could sell different diffuser inserts or have two overlap in a eclipse so the user could dial it in. Or a fancy cone pointing upwards...

Last edited:
dontmindme,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Showerhead is only a $60 upgrade for me... just curious if you had estimated pricing on the cap? I want to be able to justify this really badly.

The 20mm-wrap around SiC combo works fantastic for herbs and dabs but I'm interested to see just how much better the showerhead is for flower and how much "worse" the Ti is for taste on oils...

This is a very, very neat device.

I do need some better screens, and would like to know how people are managing microdoses in this? Do I try and get the EQ basket to work or is there a better method?

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I do need some better screens, and would like to know how people are managing microdoses in this? Do I try and get the EQ basket to work or is there a better method?

I'm using a screen from an EQ basket (I think) that I'd previously pulled apart, cut to slightly bigger than the air channel in the flower bowl and pushed in. If I only wanna do small hits, I just fill the tiny bowl made from the basket.

At the moment, Ive got a nice 0.3 in there instead :)

I'll be testing the showerhead all next week so will be able to comment on the dab flavour, and how it differs with the flower experience.

Top Bottom