Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Justpassedu

You know your oh so close to 666f for your flower and dabs :evil:. What nail do you have @Justpassedu to dab on, still awaiting the SiC dish restock before I purchase, do have a enail now so I'm part way there
Ahh the 666 , i cant dab at that temp , i feel it may be bad luck lol . I have the Tag Sic , Nv Quartz and titanium but recently grabbed the D-Nail Sic Halo so that is going to be my main dish for the time being. It is allot nicer and easier than the Tag Sic .At the moment i am using the 20mm setup bc my 16mm head and nut is the older style and it will not accept the Dnail Sic dish but the 20mm i have does. I'd say maybe try emailing Tag as that is where Nv gets the Sic dishes from. You still cant go wrong with the quartz though , always good to have 2 nails anyway just in case one breaks or need's cleaning. I'm wishing you luck on the journey though man , it will all be worth it. At the moment i'm experimenting with different brand coils as i noticed they are not all made the same. Some have 3-4 wraps of coil around them , i just got one where the actual coil is hollow from Hex-nail. Now i ordered a encased coil that most likely wont work bc of the wiring and i may try another 20mm coil that is not encased but has 4 wraps compared to the 3 mine has now. I'm almost at the perfect setup for myself. My 20mm coil i am using now i had to open up the coils a bit for a better fit pictured a few pages back but i feel my temps are fluctuating to much now.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Not at all , it is one of the hardest hitting vapes for flowers out. Definitely up there with the best. You'd make a great choice if you purchase one and should be very happy. Save your self a few $ and grab the titanium head if you are not into dabbing.

Agreed. I wouldnt have even considered this solely for flower a few weeks tbh, it was all about the double decker and a dab upgrade, that could handle flower if needed. Only I've been using it solely for flower quite a lot!

Without doubt, its the hardest hitting, biggest cloud producer I've got, with the least amount of lung irritation.

Another day, another dial in. Down to 640f on the controller.

I tried the 666 dabs for Dr. Shits and Dr. Giggles, but it was just a bit too hot for me. I'll be using that temp on Halloween tho :)

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
It can likely be done if you try really hard, but shouldn't happen under reasonable conditions.

Yeah, I'm great at being an idiot with vapes, pushing em too far and combusting.

Havent come close with this beast yet, which is amazing considering the power the fucking thing has.

EmDeemo,
Reactions: Alexis

Justpassedu

It can likely be done if you try really hard, but shouldn't happen under reasonable conditions.
If not used properly , possibly keeping the head and nut on the bowl between hits i can maybe see it happening but at the temps the op suggested and proper usage i cannot see it happening and i been hitting the fp since almost day 1 and never experienced this.

anasrzi

Could be a bad idea that 666 dabbing @Justpassedu , maybe for Halloween as suggested for shits and giggles ;). Why do you prefer the dnail version overall, is it simply because of the larger area to dab on? My gripe with the dnail dish is the expense compared to the tag version baring in mind its the same damn material. I'd likely get the Quartz as well with a order like you rightly say if ones cracked or needs washing then it's still a functional device.

I emailed tag last week about them making a sapphire dish or insert but got nothing back thus far, I'm desperate to try sapphire but not at that price point and with tag doing a low cost SiC dish as well can't see why it couldn't be done to a similar extent?

What's your view on SiC vs Quartz for a flavour chaser? Do you know the size of the Quartz dish the FP comes with? Seems to be a few differing sizes on dh gate?

Justpassedu

Could be a bad idea that 666 dabbing @Justpassedu , maybe for Halloween as suggested for shits and giggles ;). Why do you prefer the dnail version overall, is it simply because of the larger area to dab on? My gripe with the dnail dish is the expense compared to the tag version baring in mind its the same damn material. I'd likely get the Quartz as well with a order like you rightly say if ones cracked or needs washing then it's still a functional device.

I emailed tag last week about them making a sapphire dish or insert but got nothing back thus far, I'm desperate to try sapphire but not at that price point and with tag doing a low cost SiC dish as well can't see why it couldn't be done to a similar extent?

What's your view on SiC vs Quartz for a flavour chaser? Do you know the size of the Quartz dish the FP comes with? Seems to be a few differing sizes on dh gate?
The D-nail version is thicker than the Tag , screams a bit more quality to me as the cuts look allot nicer and the overall quality of material seems better , also the d-nail is smoother to the touch, it is a overall bigger dish size ( not sure how much ) and much , much easier to dab on. With the Tag there is not much room to get your dab in the dish , the d-nail solves this issue for me completely. I was having allot of trouble qtip cleaning my tag compared to the d-nail and dabbing off it. Now my worries are gone , at 1st i did not want to spend the difference but now i see why it is worth it. As for taste , they both seem good , maybe i'd give the upper hand to the d-nail but it is hard to tell the difference. If you are mostly dabbing alone and not taking large dabs than the tag may be worth it to you , i personally am always searching for my ultimate setup and now feel i am mostly there if i can find the perfect coil fitment now which i am searching for. I think cost wise the Sapphire is up there , if tag made one that would be awesome but if it was the same dimensions as there Sic dish i'd most likely pass and stick with the d-nail sic , i feel i am pretty content and happy with it. Dnail does make a sapphire insert that isn't to pricey i could drop into the dish but right now the Sic is great and i cannot see how much more taste can be improved for me. As for my take on the Sic vs quartz , i am liking the sic better , its been easier to clean and seems a bit tastier also although the overall clear color of quartz appeals to me more. I am unsure of any of the sizes though , i apologize. I'd say start with the quartz if its in stock , it was really nice when i was using it and maybe save a bit for the d-nail sic if you can or even wait for your dream , the Sapphire.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
@Justpassedu With my HN I've combusted on 640F Coil / 535F Nail, although I am vaping abv with CBD and adding the carb cap. Quartz dish. So yeah possibly not so normal usage as most aren't trying to taste the realm beyond brown but I love the total extraction and flavor of abv.

I still start at 685F for quick hits in the beginning but then drop to 640F so it doesn't combust as often when I'm revaping.

I have a screen inserted down further in the bowl and don't load the actual bowl. I try not to let the nail stay on the bowl.

Liger v3 16mm TiQz

P - 5.2
I - 17.0
D - 5.0
I Limit - 1.0
D Limit - 1.0
Anti - On
Windup Limit - 0.10

I believe those are my stock settings.

Justpassedu

@Justpassedu With my HN I've combusted on 640F Coil / 535F Nail, although I am vaping abv with CBD and adding the carb cap. Quartz dish. So yeah possibly not so normal usage as most aren't trying to taste the realm beyond brown but I love the total extraction and flavor of abv.

I still start at 685F for quick hits in the beginning but then drop to 640F so it doesn't combust as often when I'm revaping.

I have a screen inserted down further in the bowl and don't load the actual bowl. I try not to let the nail stay on the bowl.

Liger v3 16mm TiQz

P - 5.2
I - 17.0
D - 5.0
I Limit - 1.0
D Limit - 1.0
Anti - On
Windup Limit - 0.10

I believe those are my stock settings.
Good Info , ty , most don't vape the avb . I have yet to set my pid settings on the Hex , is it true that the values change depending on what coil type you choose ? as when i 1st got mine i had messed up the values and than chose a coil type , i believe i use the liger 20mm sic option or heavy option i forget. I am not even sure what to have those settings at and the screen is to unresponsive to really fumble with them much even with a stylus , at least for me.

Justpassedu,

PoopMachine

Good Info , ty , most don't vape the avb . I have yet to set my pid settings on the Hex , is it true that the values change depending on what coil type you choose ? as when i 1st got mine i had messed up the values and than chose a coil type , i believe i use the liger 20mm sic option or heavy option i forget. I am not even sure what to have those settings at and the screen is to unresponsive to really fumble with them much even with a stylus , at least for me.

That is true. I use Generic Medium for my FP

If you screw up your PID values just change to another nail and then change back.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I recommend using your browser to navigate, it will make it a lot easier to mess with the settings, if you need help with that just send me a PM.

Okay, so I actually decided its time to mess with the PIDs and get the nail mode more stable for my FP.

New updated PID is

P - 4.4-5 (4.4 is closer to under more often, 5 is over more often)
I - 20.0
D - 5.0
I Lim - 1.0
D Lim - 0.5
Anti - On (Technically Off?)
Windup - 0.00

At the moment I am about 5-10 degrees within range. You can see on the graph the red and yellow line are fairly stable throughout.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXOo2fGAmZX/

I'm definitely still messing around as it's not easy to get stable after the temp has increased, it plays up and down for a bit longer than I'd like to stabilize back to a lower temp.

Justpassedu

I recommend using your browser to navigate, it will make it a lot easier to mess with the settings, if you need help with that just send me a PM.

Okay, so I actually decided its time to mess with the PIDs and get the nail mode more stable for my FP.

New updated PID is

P - 4.4-5 (4.4 is closer to under more often, 5 is over more often)
I - 20.0
D - 5.0
I Lim - 1.0
D Lim - 0.5
Anti - On (Technically Off?)
Windup - 0.00

At the moment I am about 5-10 degrees within range. You can see on the graph the red and yellow line are fairly stable throughout.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXOo2fGAmZX/

I'm definitely still messing around as it's not easy to get stable after the temp has increased, it plays up and down for a bit longer than I'd like to stabilize back to a lower temp.
Ty , I had seen a link on the hex thread awhile back. I do have a iPad sitting next to it for music during sessions so I'll have to try that out. Nice to have some settings to adjust with the hex nail , I am sure it will take some tinkering. I know @HexNailAva should be testing it out soon and hopefully have a nice preset for us. That was after a hit in the video ?

Justpassedu,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Ty , I had seen a link on the hex thread awhile back. I do have a iPad sitting next to it for music during sessions so I'll have to try that out. Nice to have some settings to adjust with the hex nail , I am sure it will take some tinkering. I know @HexNailAva should be testing it out soon and hopefully have a nice preset for us. That was after a hit in the video ?
It was not, that is just sitting idle, I've had it idle for an hour and just took a hit. When idle it probably got an avergae of 530F. After taking this hit it went down to 510F then rose back to 530 within 2-3 minutes. I did take another hit but it didn't drop so far. And it doesn't really drop until 30 seconds after the exhale.

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Just wanted to pop in and confirm that we're just waiting on the last of our parts from NewVape to get testing really rolling.

We're super excited to get some presets going for everyone (FlowerPot & Hex-Nail Fans alike). We really love it so far. It's gone over well with customers that have come to sesh with us, too.

Boosted to work with the folks at NewVape more after the FlowerPot, too!

Joaon

SS mesh 300 as screen filter, works really great !
I use it in all my vaporizers now!
uMYey0K.jpg

fbn1PRA.jpg

FlowerPot starts to make some pretty clean reclaim..
IxU5elP.jpg

Alexis

SS mesh 300 as screen filter, works really great !
I use it in all my vaporizers now!
Hi Joaon. I am interested in this mesh stuff. Do you use it with your Herborizers? Is this in place of the screen, or just on top?
The Vapcaps? I expect not?

There exists debate as you know about fine grinds causing health issues. Some are adamant about this, others not so sure. This mesh may be better than the EQ basket screen at keeping dusty weed out of the vapor path/water tool. Or at least accomplish the same thing without the basket screen, just cut your own? (Just thinking aloud Joaon, not asking you directly.)

I presume you are using it to keep water tools clean and clean reclaim mostly, from your post.
I wonder if you also consider it better for your health as well? I always presumed bits and dust was no issue with a water tool but @Alan Partridge , a respectable member with mucho vaporizer knowledge and experience ;), is adamant that the EQ basket screen stopped him from having serious allergy issue with his Herbo Ti and large tube.

So this mesh would be another option. The EQ basket screen fitted perfectly in the underside of my Ti bowl, but the XL is too wide. So the mesh could maybe be employed somehow.

Anyway Joaon glad you like the Flowerpot!:tup:

Last edited:

Joaon

Yes @Alexis, I use this mesh thing in all my vapes now:

In the Flowerpot, two mesh screens
In the Herborizers, below the original screen
in VapCaps, below or sandwished between CCD screens
in the Project, one for protecting the herb falling on heating element, another one for the bowl

This thing is so thin that it needs something to hold it.. Or not. Somehow, I'll find a way to have just a single one in each bowl

I bought it on a vape (e-Cig) shop, in A4 format. I cut each one at right dimentions on the needs
Mainly, I use it to keep reclaim clean, and prevent micro particules on vapcaps when hitted without water tool.

I thought it would clog really quick.. Instead, it seems that the herb is floating on top!
Super smooth screen indeed :tup:

I love offwork days..
FlowerPot, Herborizers and hair-straightner powered On,
testing temps, dabbing fresh Rosin ..

Alexis

Yes @Alexis, I use this mesh thing in all my vapes now:

In the Flowerpot, two mesh screens
In the Herborizers, below the original screen
in VapCaps, below or sandwished between CCD screens
in the Project, one for protecting the herb falling on heating element, another one for the bowl

This thing is so thin that it needs something to hold it.. Or not. Somehow, I'll find a way to have just a single one in each bowl

I bought it on a vape (e-Cig) shop, in A4 format. I cut each one at right dimentions on the needs
Mainly, I use it to keep reclaim clean, and prevent micro particules on vapcaps when hitted without water tool.

I thought it would clog really quick.. Instead, it seems that the herb is floating on top!
Super smooth screen indeed :tup:

I love offwork days..
FlowerPot, Herborizers and hair-straightner powered On,
testing temps, dabbing fresh Rosin ..
Thanks Joaon I appreciate that.:tup:
It seems dead easy to get. Although I saw there are different types of SS used.
One is SS 316, which has added molybenum. Not sure if this would taint the airpath with any added impurities or toxins, but I would just use the regular SS, Im sure the stuff you got from the shop would be this one.

Alexis,
Reactions: Joaon

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
My coil clicks too but I have menovo controller from the gate. I thinks it's just the coil turning on and off maintaining to temp.

The NV gold controller and coils are perfectly silent. Perfect!

For those that have glass joint worries, don't! Just pre heat your banger or FP set-up out of the glass joints first. This way the thermal expansion of the metal has already occurred. So no worries, just pop in em in and go to town!

I've got my NV controller currently set at 564f. On heat up it over shoots up to 638f and takes approximate 10 minutes to reach it's set temperature.

I've been only seeing a drop of 3 degrees at most when I am drawing off of the coil. This is in a room with a fan moving around the cool 70 degree air. Otherwise it stays at stable temp. Within 30 seconds it's climbed back up to the set temperature with no over shoot.

I don't have a thermometer with a probe to measure the differences between the temperature read out on the controller versus what it really is at the nail. I plan on getting one soon. I want to be able to know where I'm really at on my usable temps. This will also allow me to dial in the controllers temperatures to be more accurate. Which I plan on doing of course. I've already written down it's current values just in case I need to start over again.

I'm digging on this kinda thing as a cheap option until I get the NewVape tin :)

https://www.dhgate.com/product/doub...der/386459532.html#se1-10-1b;price|1784046661

double-metal-base-soldering-iron-gun-holder-stand-mount-support-station-+-sponge-cast-iron-11.7-x-9.5-x-2cm.jpg

I was looking on this site just last week. I liked the all black stand with the single tray in front of it. It had the gold colored holder also. I thought it might match my Gold controller nicely. :rockon:

is it nuts to get this for flower use only? I don't like dabbing.
No way, why do you think it's called the FlowerPot! It was specifically designed for flowers. That's why I'm purchasing it. Well one of the many reasons actually. It's got a few different uses too, bonus! :tup: So don't be shy about getting it. It's a high quality item for sure. I'm positive you'll be happy.

Baron23

Thanks Joaon I appreciate that.:tup:
It seems dead easy to get. Although I saw there are different types of SS used.
One is SS 316, which has added molybenum. Not sure if this would taint the airpath with any added impurities or toxins, but I would just use the regular SS, Im sure the stuff you got from the shop would be this one.

Yes, easily available....this is Amazon and you are in UK so don't know that this is best but:

https://www.amazon.com/100-Micron-S...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VHG6E0EYY6JNHMXJK5QH

Baron23,
Reactions: Alexis
Top Bottom