Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Doktor Dub

You'll definitely find more forgiveness (draw as hard as you want) and you'll detect some resistance as to be expected.

As you are interested in airflow and prefer a bit of restriction like me (before the FP, now i am not really sure about it..) - do you think it would make a difference useing a (glas)bowl with a narrow hole vs useing the carbcap?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
do you think it would make a difference useing a (glas)bowl with a narrow hole vs useing the carbcap?

I tried some other glass bowls that added more restriction which was kind of cool since it really milked the tube and you have to actually pull the bowl to clear it which was nostalgic. It was a different chug than adding the Showercap IMO. I preferred that to the Showercap by far, only issue is none of them vaped evenly though. The one I'm using now vapes very evenly.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@biohacker

I have all the bowls and use the older style 14mm bowl almost exclusively!
Much like @Baron23 i vape solo 99% of the time and the EQ bowl make micro doses a breeze!

i do use the pan/shovel head bowls but they are more for larger loads and session style for me, as they require a few draws to complete.
No air-leaks on the new bowls either!

I have only had a bowl "stick" once and it is in a video in this thread...LOL!
Otherwise a slow, careful lift off will result in ZERO sticking, IMO.

biohacker

For those of you with a WA sic or quartz, do you think that the experience/flavour is negatively affected since the bowl is Ti vs glass/quartz on an enail rig? Or insignificant non-issue?

Has anyone been able to successfully remove the Ti oxide or whatever it is on your glass joints?

biohacker,

Justpassedu

For those of you with a WA sic or quartz, do you think that the experience/flavour is negatively affected since the bowl is Ti vs glass/quartz on an enail rig? Or insignificant non-issue?

Has anyone been able to successfully remove the Ti oxide or whatever it is on your glass joints?
I don't think the flavor is negatively affected but you will always get a bit better/more flavor using a glass joint as it is more pure than the Ti , that is not to say going through ti is bad . I have not gotten any oxidation on my parts at all and i use them allot and do cleanings regularly .

biohacker

I don't think the flavor is negatively affected but you will always get a bit better/more flavor using a glass joint as it is more pure than the Ti , that is not to say going through ti is bad . I have not gotten any oxidation on my parts at all and i use them allot and do cleanings regularly .

Was just curious as dabbing off of Ti is something I never want to do again, but I realize that a dabbing surface and just being entrained through the bowl are quite different animals.

I haven't been able to get the grey ring stains out of my joints since last year, but I constantly had joint sticking issues, regardless of which technique I used to remove it. Nice to see that the new bowls have eliminated that issue.

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I tried the glass bowl experiment and couldn´t notice any improvements. So far I´m liking just a little water no percolation just humidity, 710 C and a very slow draw until my piece is full. I am also using full bowls whenever I can, its just so satisfying to taste this dense clouds!

Justpassedu

Was just curious as dabbing off of Ti is something I never want to do again, but I realize that a dabbing surface and just being entrained through the bowl are quite different animals.

I haven't been able to get the grey ring stains out of my joints since last year, but I constantly had joint sticking issues, regardless of which technique I used to remove it. Nice to see that the new bowls have eliminated that issue.
I am probably a bit more anal than most when it comes to cleaning as i leave my setup on a desk dedicated to vaping and like everything to look nice , neat , organized and clean at all times. If it's flowers i will brush the bowl out after almost every session until i see nothing left , once a week or sometimes every 2 weeks i take all the parts , fill a cheap ultrasonic cleaner i bought with very warm water and than place all my parts in a ziplock of the highest percent iso i can find and it makes them spotless in less than 10 minutes. When it comes to my ti or sic dish i q tip while still warm after every hit and when my session is done dip the qtip in iso and swab the dish while still hot. This most likely all attributes to why i get no staining at all but the new bowls definitely do not stick at all , i actually did a cleaning last night on the bowl and didnt have much time to dry so i had put the hot head over the bowl for about 10 minutes to dry it with heat and it still did not stick when i was finished.

PandaLee

I use daily, get very lazy with cleaning (I wait until it's almost absolutely needed!) and I get no stains from the titanium.

I experimented with a glass bowl I had laying around. Wasn't a great fit, had to hold everything together while hitting it, but I turned my WA SiC top around and stuck it into the glass bowl and it worked...was a hassle, but it worked and tasted great. I believe the taste difference is enough to invest some time and money into developing a dedicated quartz bowl for the FP!!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I care much less about glass/quartz bowls than I do about finding a way to make the SH dabbing surface anything but Ti, but even my care for that has honestly went way down since I got another controller and I can run both at the same time, but it'd still be nice for the rare time I want to do double deckers. I guess both of these would be nice improvements I can see utility in, but even if this is the final iteration, it's still pretty sweet.

I do feel like it's ruined most other flower vaporizers for me though, which is kinda unfortunate. Others just get me by until I'm back home and can hit my FP... Again I see the utility in other vapes (signatures/intensity/flavor specificities...obviously portability) but the FP for the most part, does it all better - except flavor (vapman, sb/dw, zion...), and only pretty slightly... and it's usually a manual vape that's better flavor too, so it requires a specific technique etc. And you usually get a flavor hit or 2, then roasty hits for the rest of the bowl... I can kill a FP bowl in 1 hit, get knocked on my ass and have terps tickle my nose... all in 1 hit. idk. I'm baked and ranting for no reason...

Anyway, I ordered one of the adjustable bowls today while picking up another coil cover. I do need another handle but that can wait. Interested to see how the fit/etc will be... I am curious though, how does the depth of these new bowls compare to the stubby 14mm male bowl?

Last edited:

LabPong

Ok....here is some quick info on my glass bowl experience and testing.

I have found that the straight side ones with the 8 pedal flower screen are the best if you are going to use a screen like I do. The ones with the single small exit holes can work and will add some extra pressure cooking to possibly work better with kief or bubble additives to your flower. But the problem I had was keeping the screen positioned without moving around too much when scrapping the left over abv particles and the screen would pop out or dislodge. Most of these bowls I found to not have a big enough flat area at the base to allow the screen to settle in and not move around so easy.

My first attempt using a glass bowl was with one I had from a water unit purchase.... It worked fair, but not at all good enough. Because it is a rounded inner wall and did not have enough flat space to keep the screen stable. But the problem was it has a tiny exit hole. So I new I needed something much much wider for free flowing convection. Picture below shows this bowl on the far right. (the one I use now is the one on the far left with a screen in it)

3Bowls_zps2towkf4g.jpg

And here is the one I use now and the one with the small exit hole one. So that is the restriction you would be dealing with using a small hole one.

exitHoles_zps3qki8tcx.jpg

The straight sided ones like the pic below I did not like using at all and could not use them with my normal 3/4 inch screen bent into shape. They need a smaller screen and there is not enough flat area at the bottom to thus allow for a stable screen setting. Also they are what I call "pinch bowls", where as the actual load chamber is a double wall and not single. I did not like that for holding heat to keep the bowl warm enough to have quick draws constantly and more important, the double wall area did not allow heat penetration like a single wall. Though I do not think there is any conduction from this....

pinchbowl_zpsrm1xuyc3.jpg

The one I use now from the bay CAN BE FOUND HERE....... OR ON DHGATE HERE

If you search around you can find many of these, but make sure to see a top view to show how thick it is. I saw some with logo's on them that did not seem to be as thick. Mine measure at about 4mm wall thickness.

Now comes the fun part....for me anyway. Adding the screen to the mix. I use a SS 3/4' screen and temper them with a torch. Then I form the screen to sit stable in the bowl. I use a nice high quality screw driver that just happens to have the perfect shape on the end to form the screen so it has a good flat spot that closely matches the size of the flat area in the base. It also is the correct size to bend the edges over to form the over all diameter.

screenShaped_zpshk1glope.jpg

And for a bonus............ if you have any of these bowls with some sort of handle or nub on it and they break off.....repair them with a simple paper clip for usage. I used 2 small needle nose pliers to wrap it around and bend a little handle.

PclipHandle_zps3othrsdv.jpg

I just bent and positioned a Ti screen from NV in this one....but I am thinking it may be too porous compared to the ones I get from a local shop. I will test this out this weekend and let you all know if there is any prob with the screen not being fine enough. I usually go with a medium to finer grind pending on moisture content and my level of patience ....haaaa

Likes2vape

Doing double deckers are so awesome when up uptemp it!! The flavor is so much better!!! I have been setting the controller to 550 let the carb cap pre heat along with the bowl 15-20 seconds turn the controller up to 690-720 and start ripping away. So much flavor and so many hits!!! I won’t ever do double deckers any any other way!!!

I contacted stevenlmz about making glass bowls for us. Hopefully I hear back soon.

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
I care much less about glass/quartz bowls than I do about finding a way to make the SH dabbing surface anything but Ti

My day job is a machinist and believe me, I really do appreciate the good work NewVape does to make these out of Ti (plus the very nice aluminum stands and accessories).

You can easily tell these were CNC'd whereas the Ligers were most likely done with an auction bought Rockwell drill press and a dull ass drill bit, lol. The only thing good on those is the heat treatment.

Danksta

Ok....here is some quick info on my glass bowl experience and testing.

I have found that the straight side ones with the 8 pedal flower screen are the best if you are going to use a screen like I do. The ones with the single small exit holes can work and will add some extra pressure cooking to possibly work better with kief or bubble additives to your flower. But the problem I had was keeping the screen positioned without moving around too much when scrapping the left over abv particles and the screen would pop out or dislodge. Most of these bowls I found to not have a big enough flat area at the base to allow the screen to settle in and not move around so easy.

My first attempt using a glass bowl was with one I had from a water unit purchase.... It worked fair, but not at all good enough. Because it is a rounded inner wall and did not have enough flat space to keep the screen stable. But the problem was it has a tiny exit hole. So I new I needed something much much wider for free flowing convection. Picture below shows this bowl on the far right. (the one I use now is the one on the far left with a screen in it)

3Bowls_zps2towkf4g.jpg

And here is the one I use now and the one with the small exit hole one. So that is the restriction you would be dealing with using a small hole one.

exitHoles_zps3qki8tcx.jpg

The straight sided ones like the pic below I did not like using at all and could not use them with my normal 3/4 inch screen bent into shape. They need a smaller screen and there is not enough flat area at the bottom to thus allow for a stable screen setting. Also they are what I call "pinch bowls", where as the actual load chamber is a double wall and not single. I did not like that for holding heat to keep the bowl warm enough to have quick draws constantly and more important, the double wall area did not allow heat penetration like a single wall. Though I do not think there is any conduction from this....

pinchbowl_zpsrm1xuyc3.jpg

The one I use now from the bay CAN BE FOUND HERE....... OR ON DHGATE HERE

If you search around you can find many of these, but make sure to see a top view to show how thick it is. I saw some with logo's on them that did not seem to be as thick. Mine measure at about 4mm wall thickness.

Now comes the fun part....for me anyway. Adding the screen to the mix. I use a SS 3/4' screen and temper them with a torch. Then I form the screen to sit stable in the bowl. I use a nice high quality screw driver that just happens to have the perfect shape on the end to form the screen so it has a good flat spot that closely matches the size of the flat area in the base. It also is the correct size to bend the edges over to form the over all diameter.

screenShaped_zpshk1glope.jpg

And for a bonus............ if you have any of these bowls with some sort of handle or nub on it and they break off.....repair them with a simple paper clip for usage. I used 2 small needle nose pliers to wrap it around and bend a little handle.

PclipHandle_zps3othrsdv.jpg

I just bent and positioned a Ti screen from NV in this one....but I am thinking it may be too porous compared to the ones I get from a local shop. I will test this out this weekend and let you all know if there is any prob with the screen not being fine enough. I usually go with a medium to finer grind pending on moisture content and my level of patience ....haaaa

Looks we are using the same glass bowls. I don't use a Ti screen, just the glass one. I use a needle type poker to keep it clean between bowls.

I went back to using the SH right side up last night with the glass bowl but a faster draw @ 777 and the taste was very very good. And the effects were quite heavy. Sativas at this temp tend to feel a little more like an indica. The more I play with these high temps I'm realizing these temps might be best for night. :lol:

Glass bowls make a huge difference. I did not use my OG bowl once last night. I can get one hit full extraction and great flavor from this glass bowl. It's worth the effort to keep it clean. I suggest everyone get one. :D

Alexis

@Danksta , @LabPong thanks guys for your testing and great info on the glass bowls.
If I was using the Flowerpot I would have already ordered some. But I feel like I should get a couple to give my mum some good options.

She is still using the black 14mm male Toro bubbler, with female 14/18 Newvape bowl- which doesn't really stick at all.
She was interested in looking for some other bubbler, a bit bigger for a smoother, cooler hit, but still compact and easy to hold.

So I sent her a whole bunch of links from dhgate. However...for some stupid reason, she xan't view the dhgate bubblers properly on her laptop. You can only see a small section of the photos at a time, you have to scroll up and down and can only see 30% of it at a time. We couldn't see any way to change the display.

So she has decided for now to stick with what she has. But these glass bowls look handy. I also have the 14 mm male stubby bowl, and 18 mm male bowl with handle.
The 18 mm is such a disaster for sticking, no way would I set my mum up with that into an 18 mm piece.

The glass bowls could offer some options here. One of each (14,18) and when she is ready to look at bubblers, we have non-stick (?)options, besides male stubby bowl.

The unfortunate trade off @Danksta is these bowls wont make use of those terrific doubke weaves you so kindly sent to me.
But I don't see anybody moaning about that so far with the glass bowls. And I guess there is always hemp fiber for particulates.

Thanks guys, great work and really appreciated. Enjoy your Flowerpots amigos.:tup:

Easywider

Simple is the way
So I sent her a whole bunch of links from dhgate. However...for some stupid reason, she xan't view the dhgate bubblers properly on her laptop. You can only see a small section of the photos at a time, you have to scroll up and down and can only see 30% of it at a time. We couldn't see any way to change the display.

Sounds like you sent her mobile links. Just delete the "m." from the begging of the urls and then send them back to her she will be able to view properly. Example - https://d.pr/i/5PJnp3

Danksta

@Danksta , @LabPong

The unfortunate trade off @Danksta is these bowls wont make use of those terrific doubke weaves you so kindly sent to me.
But I don't see anybody moaning about that so far with the glass bowls. And I guess there is always hemp fiber for particulates.

Thanks guys, great work and really appreciated. Enjoy your Flowerpots amigos.:tup:

Those double weaves are no longer relevant now that we are using glass bowls. No reason to add metal to the glass bowl and lose flavor. Seems kinda counterproductive to me.

The OG bowl will come in handy if the glass ever breaks, but I don't see myself using it daily again.

EDIT: This is a GOOD thing. Screens cost money. Such a racket.

Last edited:

LabPong

:tup:

When using the stock new Ti bowl with stock Ti screen.....lots of particles end up in my water. With the dual weave screen in the Ti bowl....too much taste loss.

With the glass bowl and a standard SS screen....I cut the crud falling in my water units by at least 90%. I just have more cleaning to do in the bowl and screen. But it is so easy to keep a setup like I use clean.

Easywider

Simple is the way
Ive been using my glass bowl a bit differently ( and also shamelessly with a titanium screen, it was closer to me then my stash of hemp fibre at the time ) the bowl I have is just slightly larger then the sleeve of the SH so I cant fit it overtop (inverted style or regular). But the sleeve of the adjusta bowl fits right in, nice and snug.

iuh2wg4.jpg

Alexis

Thanks so much guys, you are all totally awsome and those bits of advice are very helpful.

Woah, so glad mum can make use of the FP, this way I can still chime in here are get great tips from all you guys. You know, similarly to how @pxl_jockey feels, it was the lively, positive and thriving nature of this thread that made me want the FP as my desktop (I mean EVEN MORE than I already really badly did).

Unlike the "Ghostown corner", a great place to buy tumbleweed!:lol:

Right, ready for my first hits on the Elev8r today.

Top Bottom