Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
No way! no how! am I giving up my FlowerPot voluntarily. If I happen to go someplace where I cannot keep access to it, such as this past weekend, an alternative will be invoked involuntarily.

That said, does anyone know what the FlowerPot draws for current at 760 F? I'd like to set up an inverter/battery combo for when we go camping! Respect! YaMon

@alittledabwilldoya' has an enail for travel, take a peep here - Is there an ultra portable enail I would assume most enails are 100W/110V devices so his powerpack/etc should work.

anasrzi

Would love to see some further glass bowls made for the FP, I use the FP 16mm wrap round with a SiC dish as I've got a proper enail for the dnail sapphire now (prefer to keep them separate as I don't generally do double deckers now).

If anything can improve taste then I'm all for it, being primarily convection the flavours are pretty much on point already but if there's room for improvement I'm all for it.

Been using the crafty liquid pads to great effect with sticky bubble hash, flavours are just unreal and incredibly moorish, so much so I don't hit herb much now either just sift, bubble and oil on the sapphire :D

Doktor Dub

Thought about this often also - @NewVape420 would be nice to have you back here, you are very welcome!

Another note - tried 800° for the first time yesterday evening and it works nice, funny thing is i got lighter AVB as with my semi-standard 740° - i guess because i adjusted my draw in fear of combustion.... all this science to do...

Have a great day!

biohacker

Been using the crafty liquid pads to great effect with sticky bubble hash, flavours are just unreal and incredibly moorish, so much so I don't hit herb much now either just sift, bubble and oil on the sapphire :D

YES! We're on the same vibration dude.... i've nearly completely replaced flower with hashes, bubble, dry sift, and rosin (in moderation). I'm curious though, doesn't it make a massive mess on that mesh pad? Do you tamp down after a hit or two? Do you preheat/soak. I have found that hash does much better with some conduction heating in addition to convection. I tried it unsuccessfully in my SH in the past, but that was straight in the bowl on the screen. Air went right around it.

Thought about this often also - @NewVape420 would be nice to have you back here, you are very welcome!

@NewVape420 is still here....But bring back @NewVape710!

Another note - tried 800° for the first time yesterday evening and it works nice, funny thing is i got lighter AVB as with my semi-standard 740° - i guess because i adjusted my draw in fear of combustion.... all this science to do...

Exactly, when you have a vape that is dependent highly on your draw speed and technique, temperature only matters so much. You can crank it right up and take rapid glass symphony style hits and still have green ABV. But you can also have black ABV if you hesitate or muck up your draw. More chances for error at those higher temps. Careful with the science, it's been proven to jack your tolerance! :rofl:

anasrzi

YES! We're on the same vibration dude.... i've nearly completely replaced flower with hashes, bubble, dry sift, and rosin (in moderation). I'm curious though, doesn't it make a massive mess on that mesh pad? Do you tamp down after a hit or two? Do you preheat/soak. I have found that hash does much better with some conduction heating in addition to convection. I tried it unsuccessfully in my SH in the past, but that was straight in the bowl on the screen. Air went right around it.

Nice to know I'm not alone @biohacker. With trials iv'e done using bubble and sift i don't get any real mess on the pads providing i consume all the hash in the first place, this takes multiple hits, each one good in it's own way. The first two or three are the most flavorful with decent clouds, the following ones are still good on the flavor but way bigger on the cloud formation. Get about 6-8 total.

That leads me to you next point about conduction. With every passing inhalation your going to be adding more conduction (possibly why the flavor gets less pronounced each time, that and inhaling the good stuff :D) so that is heating up your bowl adding conduction. It's a trade off but a good one IMO. I don't heat soak really, maybe leave it on the bowl with the liquid pad in there for 5-10 seconds but i don't find it overly needed.

I don't bother tapping it down as it just melts into the pad and gives off the vapor as it sinks. To clean them i just throw them in ethanol and it melts off, purge that and you have some reclaim to do as you wish with :)

Doktor Dub

@NewVape420 is still here....But bring back @NewVape710!

you are so right. +14567

Exactly, when you have a vape that is dependent highly on your draw speed and technique, temperature only matters so much. You can crank it right up and take rapid glass symphony style hits and still have green ABV. But you can also have black ABV if you hesitate or muck up your draw. More chances for error at those higher temps. Careful with the science, it's been proven to jack your tolerance! :rofl:

Right again - i would like to try a showerhead with a heater which can not be overpowered so easily but don t know how easy this would be possible to build - perhaps just a bigger block of Ti to retain heat? And i am not sure if this would be even better or if being able to work with your drawspeed is more a "feature" of the FP. My tolarance is not where it should reasonable be but at least we have a macrodosing thread now. :doh:

biohacker

@anasrzi thanks so much for your feedback! Have you tried or had any luck with hard black hashes? Bubble and sift are very high melt so those work a dream, but the harder darker hashes are a bit trickier to get going. I imagine a couple of draws and a stir tool tamp/break down should suffice? Otherwise i've been using a lighter to heat it up a little and then crumble.

There's a MACROdosing thread now?! :D Think I fit in better there than micro... :rofl:

Oh yeah, the FP heater can't be overpowered? :shrug:What makes you think you're overpowering it? Not possible!? :hmm:

anasrzi

@anasrzi thanks so much for your feedback! Have you tried or had any luck with hard black hashes? Bubble and sift are very high melt so those work a dream, but the harder darker hashes are a bit trickier to get going. I imagine a couple of draws and a stir tool tamp/break down should suffice? Otherwise i've been using a lighter to heat it up a little and then crumble.

There's a MACROdosing thread now?! :D Think I fit in better there than micro... :rofl:

Oh yeah, the FP heater can't be overpowered? :shrug:What makes you think you're overpowering it? Not possible!? :hmm:

I tend to press the darker, harder hashes in rosin so it's not a issue for me overly. When i have tried i found breaking it up into small chunks helps much with getting vapors to form. A few stirs and tamps down should do the trick :tup:.

Not sure what you mean by "overpowering" the heater :shrug:I'm not able to over power the heater even with i being a cheap Chinese 16mm enail setup, little drop in heat output with a good strong rip. Set my temps for hash around 750f - 800f with 775 being about ideal.

Use way less heat on the sapphire dish with 10mm flat coil with the standalone enail, about 525f for a good balance between flavor, clouds and little oil pooling.

biohacker

i was unclear with the heater - interesting would be to try something like the FP but not so dependent on drawspeed - don t know if this is even possible but nice thought.

Okay I understand now, and yeah I agree! But I think perhaps the WA allows a little more "forgiveness" in terms of your draw speed due to its native resistance?

I think it's possible, but then you would lose that "open" flow.

I tend to press the darker, harder hashes in rosin so it's not a issue for me overly. When i have tried i found breaking it up into small chunks helps much with getting vapors to form. A few stirs and tamps down should do the trick :tup:.

That's AWESOME! Rosin from pressed hash! Only have tried rosin from dry sift and flower...

@anasrzi the "overpowering heater" was just a bit of a misunderstanding... more to do with airflow. Eg. Some vapes you can pull as hard or soft as you like and it makes no difference to the temperature.

Doktor Dub

Science science.... i think a whole evening with preheated Carbcap is in order :rockon:will see what this does to draw and forgiveness...

Doktor Dub,
Reactions: Danksta

biohacker

will see what this does to draw and forgiveness...

You'll definitely find more forgiveness (draw as hard as you want) and you'll detect some resistance as to be expected.

Curious about those newer "non stick bowls"..... have all those air leaks been addressed? I mean, does ANYONE here PREFER the older style bowls vs the newer shovelhead and panhandle for any reasons other than aesthetics?

And does anyone prefer to NOT use a coil cover? I've read references to better heat/performance without using it so i'm curious if it's something that is essential or just to protect oneself from the degree of burn?

biohacker,

Danksta

Spent all night playing with the upside down tech. I freaking love it. :evil:

777 is where I've been enjoying it the most.

840 was actually more roasty upside down versus right side up. So I'll save those temps for right side tech.

Pretty cool we can use the SH either way. :D

Justpassedu

You'll definitely find more forgiveness (draw as hard as you want) and you'll detect some resistance as to be expected.

Curious about those newer "non stick bowls"..... have all those air leaks been addressed? I mean, does ANYONE here PREFER the older style bowls vs the newer shovelhead and panhandle for any reasons other than aesthetics?

And does anyone prefer to NOT use a coil cover? I've read references to better heat/performance without using it so i'm curious if it's something that is essential or just to protect oneself from the degree of burn?
The coil cover definitely helps trap some heat , i have noticed upon using it that when hitting the fp my temps are more stable and do not drop as much. It is not to protect ones self from a burn as it is hot and if you touch it you will feel it for sure. Also all air leaks have been addressed with the new bowl , no sticking at all . What was done was instead of having that indent that the handle would secure into , it is no longer there and now the handle will just grab the flat surface. I have put my hand over the bowl and inhaled and get no bubbles now so it is definitely a nice fix.

Baron23

I mean, does ANYONE here PREFER the older style bowls vs the newer shovelhead and panhandle for any reasons other than aesthetics?

I do because the OG SH bowls are 2.5 mm more shallow and I'm a solo med vaporist and like the smaller bowl. Apparently, many felt different and wanted the deeper bowl of the WA back in a SH, so NV did so on the Pan/Shovel Head.

Not a big deal, but I needed to bump my temps up a bit for the deeper bowl and same load size. Of course, I run at 640-660 F and see that's pretty cool for some of you guys operating at much higher temps.

As I have explicitly stated numerous times, I really don't mind my OG sticking in the drop down (and I definitely use drop downs) as the adapter really gave me a nice, cool handle to use when emptying the bowl. So, I mostly use my OG SH.

Cheers

Last edited:

LabPong

For all those interested in what glass bowl to try/use....I will have more info by the end of the day. I am expecting a dhgate order to be delivered with some glass bowls that I think are exact as some that Chicken turned me on to ....from eBay. I have tried several and can give you guys some good info to go on when using glass instead of the stock Ti bowl setup.

As I had mentioned before, I use a glass blow with a 3/4' SS screen. Basically I tried to setup the same type of bowl/gong I use for my Arizer Air. This setup keeps a huge amount of the gunk from getting into your water unit and the taste is so much better and smoother than the stock bowl. I will never probably use the stock bowl as long as I have a glass one, but the stock Ti one may serve some purpose that I have not found/needed yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom