Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

squigger

Should a get a regular 20mm coil or an enclosed coil? Will the burn be much worse with the regular coil? I dont have the coil cover and am not going to get it since its not offered separate but is the performance any different? high5 is giving me a choice between those two since i have a defective one.

squigger,
Reactions: steama

squigger

So the only difference i can see is that the encased coil is heavier. Is the regular coil + cover as heavy as just the encased coil?
Also is anyone else having blow back problems where you get a fountain of avb if you end your hit with the cap off of the shower head.

squigger,

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Meet Flowerpot Adjusta-Bowl rev 1.0

Alpha Release Revision Notes
1) hard stop to prevent 18mm post from impeding on screen
2) Adjust internal geometry to support all 14/18 rigs we have in inventory.
3) Reduce weight
4) Support legacy tools
5) Modify bowl and screen grove to accept screens ranging from .75 - .78 dia (including newVape double weave)
6) Bowl size reverts back to flat bottom legacy bowls .75" x .5"
7) Single screen grove.
8) add NV logo

Shipping to alpha customers tomorrow.
We will reactivate for sale tomorrow.

fp-body-rev-2-4.jpg

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
Amazed that you had changes at all.

Hate to see the design grooves on the outside go because they sure looked great. In the area where you removed all that metal I wish you could have just filled it out with a series grooves instead. I also found the added weight gave a very nice feeling of quality.
Amazed that you had changes at all.

Hate to see the design grooves on the outside go because they sure looked great. In the area where you removed all that metal I wish you could have just filled it out with a series grooves or a design feature. I also found the added weight gave a very nice feeling of quality.

:2c:

I hear ya, man. Mixed bag.

I originally asked Edwyn if there was a way to lighten the bowl a bit... but after using the bowl for several days in a row, I realized that I really do like the size/weight of the prototypes and I told NewVape as much. At this point, I really do welcome the lighter bowl... less stress on my Glass tapers and inlets... but I'm glad I ended up with a heavier prototype! ;)

I also question the screen size thing... but hopefully Edwyn has done it in a way that both size screens fit the same groove... we'll see.

All the other changes look great! :)

@steama,
Looks like we might have collector's items here... glad I bought an extra bowl on the "alpha" program before all the changes... I guess I'll end up with two of the originals! Just to think... my highschool teachers told me I'd never amount to anything important this lifetime! :D

Last edited:

Justpassedu

So the only difference i can see is that the encased coil is heavier. Is the regular coil + cover as heavy as just the encased coil?
Also is anyone else having blow back problems where you get a fountain of avb if you end your hit with the cap off of the shower head.
After your issue i'd go with a regular 20mm barrel coil and skip the encased coil. Than grab a coil cover off NewVapes site.

buddingglasshead

I hear ya, man. Mixed bag.

I originally asked Edwyn if there was a way to lighten the bowl a bit... but after using the bowl for several days in a row, I realized that I really do like the size/weight of the prototypes and I told NewVape as much. At this point, I welcome the lighter bowl... but I'm glad I ended up with a heavier prototype! ;)

All the other changes look great! :)

I also question the screen size thing... but hopefully Edwyn has done it in a way that both size screens fit the same groove... we'll see.

@steama,
Looks like we might have collector's items here... glad I bought an extra bowl on the "alpha" program before all the changes... I guess I'll end up with two of the originals! Just to think... my highschool teachers told me I'd never amount to anything important this lifetime! :D

Seeing the new bowl changes makes me regret not purchasing the alpha bowl. I knew I wanted it, and even though I don't need it or this new bowl. I regret not getting the alpha, like really bad now. =/ I don't mind the new design but I really, really like the alpha bowl. Oh well... *chants* party bowl party bowl party bowl party bowl party bowl

At least waiting until after my HexNail purchase (whenever that happens) to get more NV gear. Hopefully by then a new stand will be out that can house my then 3 FPs...

buddingglasshead

Well it's going back up for sale very soon >>> like tomorrow.

Get one you will never regret it.

:nod:

I don't have a joint sticking issue or really any issue. 1 OG bowl, 1 filter cutout, and 3 stubbies. If the design was exactly the same as the alpha release, I might be tempted to pick one up.. I do like how the rest of the FP sits on the new bowl.

If I had a bit more free funds I probably would, but I've got a kitty needing a vet visit to get her medicine and teeth cleaned. autoimmune diseases suck.

party bowl party bowl party bowl party bowl party bowl party bowl party bowl party bowl party bowl

buddingglasshead,
Reactions: steama

buddingglasshead

Man, don't I know? @NewVape710 really had something with the OG Alpha. The design looks like it regressed instead of moving forward imo.

I also don't understand why to complicate things with two screen sizes. Why not standardize on a single size for all FP bodies? A standard screen size makes much more sense. Where do we buy .78" double weave screens when NV doesn't sell them anymore?

:2c:

I agree with the design change although I do understand it was for weight reduction. Weight reduction is definitely a good thing for a lot of smaller pieces as an NV set up tends to be a bit heavier than a typical enail.

It also still accepts a .75 filter. It's just able to do both now. My assumption is with it working with one of their bowls starting tomorrow, it would also be available tomorrow but with a proper disclaimer.

I do understand where you are coming from though. It'd suck to never be able to use a double weave filter on the older bowls. I'd like to get one myself but I'd rather not wait for it to come from Canada. It'd be nice just to get a .75 double weave direct.

Couldn't get it from Canada even if I wanted apparently :doh:

Last edited:

juan

Hey again guys!

Just wanted to say that I got all my packages, except the one from Errlectric Canada, which sent an email that they don't ship international orders anymore, so I got a refund.

However, I just tried my NewVape FlowerPot ShowerHead, and the first thing that comes to my mind is: OMG, what a taste! It's so lovely! I just love how lean it is for the lungs and also how much better taste it is than to do a bong hit (which is the best taste experience I've had before).
Even though it hurt for the wallet, it's so worth the money!

And also, NewVape changed the cap in my order. They did just not respond to the emails, so I'm sorry for the criticism. You've done everything so well!

Now guys, what is the best temperature for small hits? I cannot do big ones since I get too high. :)

Baron23

Yes, I do but really only if I lift the heating head off of the body before ending my draw. If I end my draw with cap off but heater still on, I might get a flake or two of herb in the dab ring, but really nothing...just a few crumbs.

I suppose a lot of it has to do with the water piece you use and how much water is in it. I am guessing that a recycler type rig, where the water drains to the bottom slowly, would eliminate this slight issue.

It also still accepts a .75 filter. It's just able to do both now.

My only thought is that if it fits both .75 and .78 inch screens, one of them is not a perfect fit and I'm guessing that the .75 screens will be a bit loose in there, no?

buddingglasshead

Yes, I do but really only if I lift the heating head off of the body before ending my draw. If I end my draw with cap off but heater still on, I might get a flake or two of herb in the dab ring, but really nothing...just a few crumbs.

I suppose a lot of it has to do with the water piece you use and how much water is in it. I am guessing that a recycler type rig, where the water drains to the bottom slowly, would eliminate this slight issue.

Recyclers for sure eliminate this issue (at least the three I have) but also rigs with two percs tend to have less blow back. For converted flower smokers, ash catchers also can help eliminate this as well.

Hey again guys!

Just wanted to say that I got all my packages, except the one from Errlectric Canada, which sent an email that they don't ship international orders anymore, so I got a refund.

However, I just tried my NewVape FlowerPot ShowerHead, and the first thing that comes to my mind is: OMG, what a taste! It's so lovely! I just love how lean it is for the lungs and also how much better taste it is than to do a bong hit (which is the best taste experience I've had before).
Even though it hurt for the wallet, it's so worth the money!

And also, NewVape changed the cap in my order. They did just not respond to the emails, so I'm sorry for the criticism. You've done everything so well!

Now guys, what is the best temperature for small hits? I cannot do big ones since I get too high. :)

I have my mine set at 550 with the NV dual enail and their coil. YMMV depending on PID, coil, PID calibration, etc. Also noticed some strains and how wet/dry/cured your flower is..

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

My only thought is that if it fits both .75 and .78 inch screens, one of them is not a perfect fit and I'm guessing that the .75 screens will be a bit loose in there, no?

Every video I'm watching for glass pieces now, all I'm really focused on is how much the water shoots back up the down stems and whether it can be avoided :)

I'm glad 1mm less water in my D020 was all it took to eliminate the issue! :D

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
My doube weave screen

Based off what we've seen I bet that it will fit both well considering the notch or whatever that he's put in to retain them. 2/100ths should be manageable!

Alexis

Where do we buy .78" double weave screens when NV doesn't sell them anymore?
Not just that, but where do we (as in UK) buy 0.75" Ti double weaves if Newvape has no plans to resize them? I eas kind of counting on Newvape offering the 0.75 doubles soon, which would then trickle over to George, giving all UK and european FP'ers an affordable source for the screen.

So I really hope Edwyn and co can make this adjustment, I think it makes sense for the best experience and enjoyment of the Flowerpot worldwide.

I agree with yout Steama that it makes good sense to have one standard bowl screen size. It is all well and good that the 0.78" Ti doubles will fit the new bowl, but it would be a shame if you can only use the screens in this bowl.

I hope, and expect to get the new bowl sometime (one step at a time!) at a point, but even so I would still want to have Ti double weave screens in all my other bowls as well, which I don't see as ever being redundant (he says, before he has even tried), especially for social situations which is partly why I picked up more than one bowl in the first place.

I trust Edwyn and Co to continue to make the right and best decisions on how to evolve, modify and maintain the Flowerpot throuh time. They are the experts and you guys are all far more qualified to advise and assist.

I think we forget that Edwyn IS HUMAN! I certainly did forget, and maybe putting a face to the name in the video made me realise this. So we can't expect Newvape to make 100% perfect decisions and moves forever, in every circumstance. Don't rule it out either though, Im not saying they have failed so far...

I just hope that as a community here we can continue to work together to ensure that the best decisions and compromises are reached to keep everybodies best interests all around.

(Hint- 0.75" Ti double weaves in the near future pretty please, for George (hence us) as well!;))

Last edited:

Baron23

It also still accepts a .75 filter. It's just able to do both now.

Based off what we've seen I bet that it will fit both well considering the notch or whatever that he's put in to retain them. 2/100ths should be manageable!

With all due respect, its 3/100ths and having given this some more thought, I don't necessarily agree that this is inconsequential.

I just installed an Errlectric double weave, .75" screen in my 'legacy' bowl and it fits perfectly. You still need to take a chopstick or the like and push it down under the retaining lip, but its .75 screen for an what is damn close to a .75" opening. As @steama noted, the NV .78screens did NOT fit his legacy bowl, the only 3/100ths of an inch notwithstanding. It can't fit both perfectly so if it takes .78" then it will be oversized for .75".

I don't even know where .78" comes from. Its not an even metric figure when converted so that's not it. I can find screens all day long in .5, .75, and 1 inch....never in this life have I seen .78" screens for sale.

Now, NV is Edwyn's business and while I really enjoy and admire his willingness to engage with us on the board about his products, in the end its his decision on what to produce (just like its ours on what to buy). But, I would suggest to @NewVape710 and @newVaper420 that the adjustabowl be machined for .75" screens and be done with it.

If NV bought a stock of .78" screens, well....that's sad and I hope they find a use for them. But its much like the screw-on XLR that they use on their controller....specifically, I'm very adverse to non-standard and proprietary fittings. I won't do it, its not necessary, and the only one who may end up holding the bag in the end is the purchaser.

Of course you and others may disagree with me and that's perfectly alright. But after some thought, this is my view.

Oh...re: Hamsterdam.....you in Baltimore, hon? LOL

Cheers

Last edited:

Baron23

Is that a The Wire reference? :)
Yep, it certainly is. Loved The Wire. I lived in Baltimore with my family when in high school and Barry Levinson and his family lived around the corner (well, until he went west). My Mom worked part time with his folks at their title search business (she just wanted out of the house). I never met him, myself.

I loved Diner, Avalon, Homicide-Life on the streets, and the very best drama on TV that I have experienced was The Wire.

Danksta

Yep, it certainly is. Loved The Wire. I lived in Baltimore with my family when in high school and Barry Levinson and his family lived around the corner (well, until he went west). My Mom worked part time with his folks at their title search business (she just wanted out of the house). I never met him, myself.

I loved Diner, Avalon, Homicide-Life on the streets, and the very best drama on TV that I have experienced was The Wire.

I wonder if Karmic Connections in Fells Point carries NewVape gear? ;) That's a headshop they should want to be in.

Freaking LOVE Baltimore.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
The new adjusta-bowl has the same exact ID size bowl as the one your currently using .750" +/- .005.
Only the grove is larger.
I'm not trying to pull a fast one over on anyone. The screens are .78 and work exactly as intended.

It's the little lip that caught me by surprise. The second gen bowls that most people are using have a small lip protruding above the groove. This lip was left from reworking the bowls and removing the radius and modifying for the evo screen baskets. This lip is what prevents the .780 screen from being fully installed and clicking into the groove. Everyone here has used a bowl and screen before without a groove. Well these would work like that. Please don't purchase this screen for any other bowl than the new adjusta-bowls. I purchased a errlectric screen over a month ago and can confirm it will pass by the lip of the current bowl. The screen I received from errlectric did not ship with a material certificate.

So why the F did Edwyn purchase .78 screens?

My supplier had the .780 tooling on the shelf and allowed me to keep the cost of the screen down and reduce time to market. I'm not against purchasing the .750 tooling in the future but for now this is what we have. I believe they work perfect in the new Adjusta-Bowl.

Likes2vape

The new adjusta-bowl has the same exact ID size bowl as the one your currently using .750" +/- .005.
Only the grove is larger.
I'm not trying to pull a fast one over on anyone. The screens are .78 and work exactly as intended.

It's the little lip that caught me by surprise. The second gen bowls that most people are using have a small lip protruding above the groove. This lip was left from reworking the bowls and removing the radius and modifying for the evo screen baskets. This lip is what prevents the .780 screen from being fully installed and clicking into the groove. Everyone here has used a bowl and screen before without a groove. Well these would work like that. Please don't purchase this screen for any other bowl than the new adjusta-bowls. I purchased a errlectric screen over a month ago and can confirm it will pass by the lip of the current bowl. The screen I received from errlectric did not ship with a material certificate.

So why the F did Edwyn purchase .78 screens?

My supplier had the .780 tooling on the shelf and allowed me to keep the cost of the screen down and reduce time to market. I'm not against purchasing the .750 tooling in the future but for now this is what we have. I believe they work perfect in the new Adjusta-Bowl.
Man all this grief over a screen which probably isn’t a big money maker. I’m sorry. I just want to say thank you for all you do for us here and that your products are total kick ass.

Top Bottom