Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Wrap Around expanded airflow idea for Showerhead coil nut, 5 more air holes at a 45 degree angle branching off the original 5.

GSCkcYA.jpg

Have you considered a 2 piece design like this? 5 holes into many.

https://www.cloudchasers.com/produc...adjustable-titanium-nail-with-showerhead-dish

I enjoy seeing your models

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!

Edwyn and Invertedisdead,

Have you considered a standard wraparound head, but with thicker material underneath the dish. Drill holes from the outer edge of the thick base, radially through the base toward the center. At the center, they meet up with the outer ring of their own set of shower head vertical air holes, at a right angle.

This would give you a wraparound showerhead design, that would take standard and D-Nail dishes, and would have the airflow of the ShowerHead. No new design, just thicken the base, use the ShowerHead nut/threading/diameter, and drill some radial holes. I'm thinking you could easily get 11 radial holes this way... plus the normal 5 center holes, you're at 16. That's almost the Showerhead's 19! :)

It'll work, I tell ya! :D

MzPUpjk.jpg

Last edited:

Square4Life

Edwyn and Invertedisdead,

Have you considered a standard wraparound head, but with thicker material underneath the dish. Drill holes from the outer edge of the thick base, radially through the base toward the center. At the center, they meet up with the outer ring of their own set of shower head vertical air holes, at a right angle.

This would give you a wraparound showerhead design, that would take standard and D-Nail dishes, and would have the airflow of the ShowerHead. No new design, just thicken the base, use the ShowerHead nut/threading/diameter, and drill some radial holes. I'm thinking you could easily get 11 radial holes this way... plus the normal 5 center holes, you're at 16. That's almost the Showerhead's 19! :)

It'll work, I tell ya! :D

MzPUpjk.jpg
I think you have a really good idea here. If you don't mind my input...you could even make the side holes with the outer exit holes in a separate rotating ring so you could open and close the side holes (all of them, not each one on and off individually) giving you the ability to select all FP head options in one head. Plus, if a small micro-dose insert was designed, you may want to turn off the side holes and direct all of the heat straight down the middle using the top holes only.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I think you have a really good idea here. If you don't mind my input...you could even make the side holes with the outer exit holes in a separate rotating ring so you could open and close the side holes (all of them, not each one on and off individually) giving you the ability to select all FP head options in one head. Plus, if a small micro-dose insert was designed, you may want to turn off the side holes and direct all of the heat straight down the middle using the top holes only.

Yeah, those side holes are going to dilute concentrates vapour, the ability to close them would be ideally needed.

You got close to combustion at 680? That's interesting, not sure what accounts for these differences - I posted a showerhead video today at 777F fast draw and the AVB was barely brown.

Are you using a basket screen tho? That changes everything.

Last edited:

Chicken #420

A drop-over ring that grips the top ledge of the wraparound and covers the radial holes would work fast and easy to close off the extras.

Or... this just occurred to me... you could have an inside air channel going to the top of the ring... it would suck air from the top so the side holes would help the center holes clear concentrate vapor!

Tons of options. ;)

EDIT: I just re-read @Square4Life 's post, and realize that he might be talking about a fixed rotary ring that could be turned to close off the extra holes. That would work well too!

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
A drop-over ring that grips the top ledge of the wraparound and covers the radial holes would work fast and easy to close off the extras.

Or... this just occurred to me... you could have an inside air channel going to the top of the ring... it would suck air from the top so the side holes would help the center holes clear concentrate vapor!

Tons of options. ;)

EDIT: I just re-read @Square4Life 's post, and realize that he might be talking about a fixed rotary ring that could be turned to close off the extra holes. That would work well too!

The air is going to take the path of least resistance. I think the options maybe slightly more limited than we're hoping :)

The rotary ring is going to get hot? Carb capping AND using a ring to close holes is all getting a bit complicated IMHO!

Not be negative nelly or anything, just joining in the chat :)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Chicken #420

The air is going to take the path of least resistance. I think the options maybe slightly more limited than we're hoping :)

The rotary ring is going to get hot? Carb capping AND using a ring to close holes is all getting a bit complicated IMHO!

Says one of the most outspoken users of the world's most complicated vaporizer! Heh... :D

Just teasin' you, man... and enjoying the conversation! :)

My mechanical design background tells me radial holes are going to be the simplest solution to get a WrapAround ShowerHead. Call it a hunch... time will tell! :)

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Says one of the most outspoken users of the world's most complicated vaporizer! Heh... :D

Just teasin' you, man... and enjoying the conversation! :)

My mechanical design background tells me radial holes are going to be the simplest solution to get a WrapAround ShowerHead. Call it a hunch... time will tell! :)

No doubt I'd still be here, salivating, testing :)

I love the open air flow and I feel much better since using the FPSH. My lungs feel much better and I feel better overall.

Just out of interest steama, what was your go to vape prior to the SH?

BTW - This is how every thing sounds as a Flowerpot Man...

Last edited:

Square4Life

Oh yeah, the ring would get hot but my vision had the ring set open or closed before the session. Use the dabber to rotate it after hot. But not something you would alter during every draw.

If you felt like using the dish, close off side holes.
If you felt like using flowers, open up the side holes.
It would just give the new head full versatility and allow you to change the head for whichever preference you wanted, all in one single head.

@Chicken #420 yeah, that is what I was referring to but like you said multiple options.:)

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Oh yeah, the ring would get hot but my vision had the ring set open or closed before the session. Use the dabber to rotate it after hot. But not something you would alter during every draw.

Gotcha. I had not considered 'set it and forget it' :)

Convection dab, 700f. Accidental Chekov's Gun explanation and pre-cough snort.

Convection dab, 850f. Twat in the background talking shit.

Last edited:

biohacker

@emmdeemo please refresh my diminishing memory... how are you doing these convection dabs? I know you abandoned the s&b pads as I did. I'm finding i'm over the moon just wiping some rosin on the inside of the bowl lip (even in several areas) with a bit of flower in the bowl as to absorb like a sponge instead of it running down. Are you double screening? Errlectric? No matter what consistency of the concentrate, i'm finding these convection double deckers vastly superior to the conduction dabs up top!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@emmdeemo please refresh my diminishing memory... how are you doing these convection dabs? I know you abandoned the s&b pads as I did. I'm finding i'm over the moon just wiping some rosin on the inside of the bowl lip (even in several areas) with a bit of flower in the bowl as to absorb like a sponge instead of it running down. Are you double screening? Errlectric? No matter what consistency of the concentrate, i'm finding these convection double deckers vastly superior to the conduction dabs up top!

So you're still dabbing off titanium? I shall try these convection dabs!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I guess if you consider wiping some concentrate on the inside of the bowl "dabbing"?

Do you use the carb cap for those hits? I was just thinking of when you said dabbing off titanium tastes gross, if the Ti was contributing some off taste, likely you would notice the same thing with your convection dabs off the Ti bowl? So many ways to use the FP! What temps are you digging, I'm gonna try one of these bowl schmear dabs with this lemon haze goop. :D

biohacker

Do you use the carb cap for those hits? I was just thinking of when you said dabbing off titanium tastes gross, if the Ti was contributing some off taste, likely you would notice the same thing with your convection dabs off the Ti bowl? So many ways to use the FP! What temps are you digging, I'm gonna try one of these bowl schmear dabs with this lemon haze goop. :D

I never use the carb cap, for any hits.

Dabbing on the Ti SH vs convection from the Ti bowl are completely different animals. One is dabbing and one is vaping the concentrate IMO.

I'm really liking 680-690 for these convection double deckers....herb comes out a nice medium brown (since the concentrate lasts so long!), but my girl is at 570 give or take, has a satisfying session, then passes it on to me and it's still green! :o

Dude, the taste is AWESOME! Can't wait until you report back! I think this way gets me more medicated than a rapid conduction dab too.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I've been favoring dabs in the FP versus up top on the nail, I have probably done 3x as much concentrate in the FP on flowers than I have any other way. It is the best flavor I've found yet, and like biohacker mentioned, I have a feeling it medicates better too.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I have found that vaping concentrate with or on flowers strangely diminishes and muddies the flavor of both.

I personally prefer to vape concentrates and flower separately for better flavor.

:2c:

I agree though I've only ever had a couple really good sessions w/o flower and I'm hesitant to waste any more dabs until I get some of those Ti double weave screens. Just waiting a bit longer until we have the perfect size screens to order from NV.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

Just smearing as thinly as I can on the Ti double weave. I dont do very big dabs tho.

After a week or so just doing conduction dabs, convection dabs are SO much tastier. I prefer a bed of flower to soak it all up but it doesnt have the same flavour. A few screens piled up would probably be better, but I only have the one atm.

Likes2vape

I have found that vaping concentrate with or on flowers strangely diminishes and muddies the flavor of both.

I personally prefer to vape concentrates and flower separately for better flavor. :2c:
I totally agree that it muddies the flavor. If I’m going to do a DD I’m not to concerned with taste. I love my dnail SiC dish for dabbing vs the TI showerhead to me the flavor is way better than with TI. I also find the flavor better and more pronounced dabbing from the dish vs off screens or health stones but taste is subjective.

Baron23

I just use my showerhead FP for flower. I use a Liger or D-nail SiC Halo for concentrates. I DO, however, like to vape some flower when doing a concentrate session as I think it rounds out and makes fuller the effects. Hit the Liger, then hit the SH or EVO...or vice a versa. LOL

Only time I do both concentrates and flower together is with the Volcano or Mighty when I load a dosing capsule with a flower/herb sandwich and like @Likes2vape perhaps, its not about taste to me and more about just getting a hard hitting dose of medication.

Cheers

Last edited:
Top Bottom