Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
This thing definitely rips and the quick heatup time is awesome. I didn't time it but it's a bit quicker than my evo.
I did give it a wipe with a Vipe (bit of cloth with IPA) before use but didn't notice any residue left behind on the white cloth. Also wiped down the coil just in case but again, nothing to note.

So far I've had 2x 0.15g bowls, a dab of Skywalker rosin and a double decker. No bowl preheating.
The first was at 600 on the controller and was nice, smooth and flavoursome and the avb was nicely light brown.
I usually take it a bit darker in.the evo so I dialled up the temp a little
Second bowl was at 640. Similar results with less flavour and a slightly darker avb but still lighter than I'd normally go to. More experimentation needed...

The dab I had was honestly possibly one of the nicest I've ever had. I don't have a lot of experience with concentrates apart from the evo nails, but I could really taste the terps. After exhaling a nice cloud I was smacking my lips together om-nom-nom lol. I can't even imagine how good the SIC wraparound tastes.

The double decker (also at 640) sealed the deal. Cached it all in one big hit, coughed a little bit after the exhale and i'm starting to really feel it now :science:
The avb was much darker than previous bowls, but still nowhere near combustion

I still need to get accustomed/coordinated with this vape as I've already singed a knuckle and got rosin on my palm but I'll get there lol.. eventually :p. Better glass would help too so i can see the head easier when dabbing and I'm not leaning over but I'm enjoying it so far and now I'm off to turn it back on to try some lower temp dabs.

Thanks @NewVape710 and @VapeFiend.com another happy customer :nod::tup:
Just need that Ti cap now and a hemp wrapped box, and maybe a sic wraparound and a, and a.. ;)

[Edit] @Baron23 what handle is that? Is it the pax loading tool? Cos I want one of those too lol
[Edit] sorry for all the edits :lol:

Last edited:

Baron23

@Baron23 what handle is that? Is it the pax loading tool? Cos I want one of those too lol
[Edit] sorry for all the edits :lol:

It is indeed the Pax Loading Tool end with threads on it for the Shower Cap.

Edwyn threw it in for me as a bonus because of little snafu (my oversight, actually...but he was very nice and tossed one in).

However, I cannot find it on the NV website??

@NewVape710 - is the Pax loading tool type carb cap I pictured above on the website? If so, may I please ask for a link...I can't find it.

Thanks

squigger

It wont let me place my order. Says an error occured on the server. try to place the order again.

Also I dropped the cap after taking a hit and it melted the carpet onto the cap. had to clean it and nothing worked besides picking at it with my finger nails. its clean now but thats pretty scary.

Last edited:
squigger,
Reactions: Shooby

Square4Life

It is indeed the Pax Loading Tool end with threads on it for the Shower Cap.

Edwyn threw it in for me as a bonus because of little snafu (my oversight, actually...but he was very nice and tossed one in).

However, I cannot find it on the NV website??

@NewVape710 - is the Pax loading tool type carb cap I pictured above on the website? If so, may I please ask for a link...I can't find it.

Thanks

Aw man, that'd be sweet. I ordered a pax loading tool but I wonder if it is threaded or not. Guess we will know soon enough

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Aw man, that'd be sweet. I ordered a pax loading tool but I wonder if it is threaded or not. Guess we will know soon enough
Newvape Pax Loading tool is not threaded. It fits perfectly in the $5 dab holder tho. I just got mine last week. The best $21 i ever spent! $16 for the loader and $5 for the holder.

Edit*** I want a threaded Pax loading tool!

Baron23

Newvape Pax Loading tool is not threaded. It fits perfectly in the $5 dab holder tho. I just got mine last week. The best $21 i ever spent! $16 for the loader and $5 for the holder.

@Square4Life - yeah, I agree that the Pax Loading Tool (not threaded) is my go to scoop for all of my vapes. Perfect size and shape, great product.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Your fab egg sounds like an aquarium screensaver.

Fucking bitching!

I could tell that was a good rip when you froze in place after the exhale. :science:

LOL oh yeah, total recovery time from that hit was about 10min (1hr 10min if you include the nap!)

That's the egg on NVs site. Definitely rips. I will get an FC186 soon, as I'd prefer to have something with an 18mm joint obviously but yeah, this thing is SOLID.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@ichibaneye I have missed your presence and please accept my condolences for your losses; so sorry man.

To all my fellow fuckers here, you know I mainly lurk here because I can't possibly have anything to contribute; but in that anesthetic haze after surgery this week I dreamed about NVFP vividly. After coming to, I was so disappointed to realize I am still on the outside looking in. But the surgeon said my degenerative spine disease was much worse than it looked on scans, so perhaps U.S. disability will finally come through. Especially since I worked for them when my conditions really went south, the bastards. It is really exciting to see more U.K. & EU FP-owners recently! I really want in this cult, really badly.

Until then, I'm going to hang on the fringes and watch @emmdeemo videos and read the data/findings here. Love that everyone posts temperature & technique here, even more so than other threads. I want to be one of the cool kids... someday.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer

I asked for this a while back in August and am still waiting. Luckily NewVape keeps making new stuff so if I just wait them out I'll probably end up with better stuff than if I had purchased back then/now.

Can anyone vouch on how smell proof the Tray Base and Lid are when loaded with fresh and abv.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I asked for this a while back in August and am still waiting. Luckily NewVape keeps making new stuff so if I just wait them out I'll probably end up with better stuff than if I had purchased back then/now.

Can anyone vouch on how smell proof the Tray Base and Lid are when loaded with fresh and abv.

I have used the base & lid since weds with only fresh bud (I put my ABV in mason jar) and leave it on the coffee table filled with ground bud. It does dry out the bud by leaving it in the base with lid on. I use one side for indica and the other for sativa.

I couldnt smell any super green crack when i went home for lunch today as that was stinking up my living room last night.

Edit** Ill grind some fresh herb tonight and leave the ground herb in the base with the lid on and place it in a bedroom for a bit. I will let you know later tonight or tomorrow if the room stinks.

Just order some NV dabbers, new Ti screen, Ti Carb cap and fine grinder! Love the NV products. great form and function!

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
How can we tell if the calibration is right? Do we just check the temp reading on the controller when we start it up from cold and check that against the ambient temperature in the room?

I think the calibration is more towards calibrating the controller to the kit the coil is heating... As in, attach the showerhead etc., then calibrate. The controller then takes into account the massive chunk of metal its heating. From the little reading I've done, there should be less over shooting when it first heats up, and I'm assuming more stable temps overall.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Speaking of heat transfer from the cap. Accidentally found a dabber (titanium dabber shovel) that doesn't transfer heat to the end piece which is always comfortable to the touch no matter how long I let it sit on the hot shower head.

scoopandticap.jpg

almost bought that dabber, but it was double the price of the flat blade one, and I wasn't sure how much herb it'd be able to fit in it.

I'll just pony up and get it once the new bowls drop I guess, it looks like it can fit at least .025g which isn't terrible... I get so frustrated when the dumb measuring scoops I use to load my stuff fall onto the floor lol. This would totally help that since the showercap stays nicely in the Ti stand... especially when there's no ABV in it to stick to the showercap... which, speaking of...

I just bought this:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/566266385/debowler-cache?ref=shop_home_active_2

So now I don't have to use the duff spike in the newvape tray. Having to use a piece of paper to funnel the herb from the Ti stand to my ABV jar was a pain.

If you don't mind letting me know how much that thing fits? Or if the pax loading tool willl get a threaded version?

Anyway, I recallibratd my thing once I got showerhead back on, and I'm going lower now :D 620 for nice roasts. Been using kannastor coarse grind plate and it's nice. More for the grinder thread but i just prefer the way this thing grinds for this vape. the shredding really allows full fast extraction. the coarse grind is def more flavorful and not as cloudy but it's still shredded, so nice and easy vapor on the first draw without stirring and etc. I found that frustrating about coarser grinds... lots of stirring to feel like i was getting anywhere. this thing just obliterates the mulch that comes out after getting shredded

Last edited:

DrRishi

Got my showerhead yesterday from Vapefiend and I get it!

Slowly dropping the temp. At 550 now and still getting nicely even brown ABV.

Not tried a dab yet but now it is weekend.

I have not touched my Hercules for weeks now. I still think it is a great vape and it is portable but the FP is pretty much unbeatable for either concentrates or bud.

Can’t wait any longer time to load up.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
SH is out for delivery here. Will be nice to put a full bowl up against it as this last one I stirred 3-4 times to get everything squeezed out. Been doing 620F lately, carb capped. Thinking that may be too high even. ABV real dark brown.

Grifo

@invertedisdead I thought it might be more helpful to reply to you here?

OK, so... What I've just found here is - 500f with everything preheated is 350f to 380f internal bowl air flow temp while inhaling. Damn fine guess by you there. On paper, 500f controller temp/380f air temp is about a setting 6 on a volcano. Obviously there is gonna be variation tho, especially with how accurately this meter is reading 'air temp'.

The following is all obviously stated with reference my set up so there could be major variations, but heres what I found...

With the showerhead on its stand and fully heated, put the showercap on the head and leave it for a few minutes. The controller should dip in temps about 20 degrees or so, then come back up to temp. Then, with an empty bowl, put the capped showerhead on the bowl. That should cause a 5 to 10 degree drop, if starting from cold. Leave them there for 4 minutes, and the internal bowl temp should get up to about 270f/290f. Then put the head back on the stand, capped, and load your bowl and do ya usual. Leave the cap on the head thru the whole inhale process.

It takes about 2 minutes for the bowl to cool down so you have some time to fill the bowl and still benefit from the more consistent temps a pre-heated bowl and cap provide. Even after 4 minutes of leaving the bowl to cool down (in the glass), it can be as short as 1 min to get back up to temp once the head is back on the bowl. The reheat time for a recently heated bowl is pretty quick.

At these 'low' controller temps, the bowl handle shoudnt get hot at all, and the long showercap dabber should stay cool at the end if you want to take it off. I've now had my showercap on the head for the last hour or so and its still only just warm towards the end the long dabber.

During inhale, controller temp only drops a few degrees. Flavour is LOVELY.

Fine grind and I'm getting visible vapour and multiple flavourful hits with just a small amount covering the screen.

Lemme know what results you get pls :)

EDIT: 500f pre heated, flower only, first pulls, definitely reminds of a 5 or 6 on the Volcano -

Probably also worth noting how little water I have in the D020.
I just tried this and it works great! i would like to see a deeper cap that wont fall off easily. Mayhe the new cap would work? just taking off the stem and leaving it on? I find that the lolicap falls off easily if you pick up your rig.

Last edited:
Grifo,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
The popping sound of the trichomes that the SH produces is quite loud :o 680F was fine, upped to 685F. Hoping I can get a temp that will allow my lungs and rig to be able to do 0.1gr in a single hit uncarbed. I wish I would have bought this setup first, however, no regrets. I love that the halo is better protected in the wrap-around setup and better heating to the walls, major bonus. This thing is a real punisher to herb, very even and very fast.

Top Bottom