Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Baron23

Just remember that NewVape used an older style connector, so if you use a different controller you will have to switch it to an XLR connector.
Very easy to do if you can solder.
If you use a different controller with an XLR connector....just get a 16 mm coil with an XLR interface. While I like New Vape very much, I generally object to controllers and coils that don't match what has become the defacto standard...a 5 pin, full size, XLR.

vaporist4LIFE

sVTc6
FL has landed ...quick question .the 16m m coil is supposed to placed on the top part of the bowl, nut/head area, with the screws on the hemp handle facing down? Was having issues tightening the quartz dish with the head. Seems like there's a little burnoff involved .shooting a pic up to make sure this is right ...

Justpassedu

I don't understand the appeal of the hex nail at all but I guess that's neither here nor there.

The only feature I really identify with on the hex is the compensated dish temperature, which I would just as well go with this Auber for. http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=484
To each is own man , personally I like the fact that it has many cool modes to try out , it's always being updated by the company via wifi downloads and it just looks amazing to me. Now in all honesty it will be the same for the most part as any other enail . It's just a novelty and something cool to have that looks nice , definitely not needed but I'm a technology junky so I have to have one. Plus the wood matches my vaping desk area . Auberins are great also don't get me wrong and they work well . As for temps someone was asking , I been hanging around 630-675F for both Flower and concentrates , gotta start experimenting with some lower #'s .

MileHighHuman

Ive found that stainless steel taste much better for vaping flowers compared to titanium.

Is there anyway NewVape would be willing to manufacture the bowl with SS instead?

MileHighHuman,

Zow237

If you use a different controller with an XLR connector....just get a 16 mm coil with an XLR interface. While I like New Vape very much, I generally object to controllers and coils that don't match what has become the defacto standard...a 5 pin, full size, XLR.

I'm confused about all this haha. So the standard coils won't go into the newvape box? So I'd just have to buy their coils basically?

vaporist4LIFE

Holy vape gods......the flavor is UNREAL. This gorilla glue I have tried in the dabuddha and supreme. Tasted best in the supreme until I tried the FP..it's so pronounced and tasty .blown away
.i tried a small dab at 560 but I think that was too low for quartz on this one.going to try and be brave for a double decker. Or I may simply sip on this delicious gg.
--Tolerance is ridiculously low I need to take a break, it's kicking in hard !
Initial testing was successful :D

Likes2vape

I have been keeping the temp at 750. I like high temp vaping but low temp dabs and this seems to be a middle ground for both. I have been as high as 800 but that was way to hot to dab from. I have also been as low as 660 but I found that was not quite hot enough for dabbing.

Anyone else notice when doing a dab vape combo that the weed actually lasts longer as it is getting covered in dab resin.

Baron23

I'm confused about all this haha. So the standard coils won't go into the newvape box? So I'd just have to buy their coils basically?
In a nutshell, yes.

What has become the defacto standard is a full size XLR connector pinned out as: 1 & 2 = AC power, 3 & 4 = TC +/-, 5 = ground. There is not a reason in the world to sell controllers and coils that don't conform to this.

So, I REALLY like Edwyn and NewVape and I will probably buy a Flower Pot. But I will not buy his controller or coils for the reason discussed.

Zow237

In a nutshell, yes.

What has become the defacto standard is a full size XLR connector pinned out as: 1 & 2 = AC power, 3 & 4 = TC +/-, 5 = ground. There is not a reason in the world to sell controllers and coils that don't conform to this.

So, I REALLY like Edwyn and NewVape and I will probably buy a Flower Pot. But I will not buy his controller or coils for the reason discussed.

Damn if I would have known this I would have stuck with my rdk 200 plan. Hmm that's not cool :( @NewVape710 can I cancel my order for the coil and the pid box?

Zow237,

Baron23

I would have stuck with my rdk 200 plan.

Yep, call them and see. I do like Auber...I have a 300 but really didn't need the added bells and whistles over the 200. With standard connector and pin outs, you can use coils from DHGate to D-Nail without worry.

I believe that this was just a error on NewVape's part rather than some kind of conspiracy to lock people into their coils. Like I said, I like NewVape very much.

Zow237

Yep, call them and see. I do like Auber...I have a 300 but really didn't need the added bells and whistles over the 200. With standard connector and pin outs, you can use coils from DHGate to D-Nail without worry.

I believe that this was just a error on NewVape's part rather than some kind of conspiracy to lock people into their coils. Like I said, I like NewVape very much.

It happens. Going to love the shit out of my fp :)

Zow237

In a nutshell, yes.

@jojo monkey thought this would be helpful since you were going to use the same box for the symphony?

Zow237,

Baron23

@steama and @Zow237 - this is not to say that there are not better connectors out there. I believe that what is on NV's is a screw on.

But most of the world has gone 5-pin full size XLR.

I have seen some recently from Gimodo and can't remember the other....where they used either mini-XLR or went with a four pin arrangement (assuming that they eliminated ground??) which is just annoying to me.

You may not want to buy Hot Runner coils from DHGate...you may prefer to buy D-nail as a friend of mine does, but in any case the standard interface will provide the most flexibility down the road.

Good luck, guys.

MileHighHuman

Was scrolling on IG and this video has me sold. (And only at 622 degree F? Wow!)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR_badbBEYJ/?tagged=newvapeflowerpot

This one is not too bad either :brow:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJqxgHiAJQz/?tagged=newvapeflowerpot

But actually back to discussion, so now take a look at this one

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJluELzAp7Q/?tagged=newvapeflowerpot

i noticed it made much LESS vapor with using much MORE material.

The bowl was complelty full, compared to the 1st video which only had 1 small scoop and a much better and great looking performance/extraction.

Should I assume this is another amazing "less is more" vaporizer?

Or should i say, what size load seem to be best for those huge one hit full extraction large style bong rips?

(Going to order immediately once they release the new version that works perfectly with the dnail dishes!)

Zow237

Was scrolling on IG and this video has me sold. (And only at 622 degree F? Wow!)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR_badbBEYJ/?tagged=newvapeflowerpot

This one is not too bad either :brow:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJqxgHiAJQz/?tagged=newvapeflowerpot

But actually back to discussion, so now take a look at this one

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJluELzAp7Q/?tagged=newvapeflowerpot

i noticed it made much LESS vapor with using much MORE material.

The bowl was complelty full, compared to the 1st video which only had 1 small scoop and a much better and great looking performance/extraction.

Should I assume this is another amazing "less is more" vaporizer?

Or should i say, what size load seem to be best for those huge one hit full extraction large style bong rips?

(Going to order immediately once they release the new version that works perfectly with the dnail dishes!)

The ones with less are carb capped and he only carb caps for the dab in the last one. Bet if he carb capped it before the dab it would have been to much basically

Zow237,

vaporist4LIFE

I wanted to give him the opportunity to edit the image, but seeing as he hasn't yet I've gone ahead and removed the link.

:peace:
I see , wasn't trying to butt in BTW :)
That was personal info I'm sure he didn't want peeps to see.
:peace:

vaporist4LIFE,

SoDelicious

Salted Caramel Ice Cream
I just purchased the arizer eq bowl screen for the flower pot and... WOW!

This thing is almost perfect for the flowerpot. It fits really snug so you never have to worry about messing around with a screen, which I hated because my screen would move every time I would clean a bowl with the pick attachment on the abv dumpout tray.

I had given up on the flowerpot for a little but I decided I would give it another try and boy... I'm really glad I did! :wave:

Honestly, I think the Hex-Nail is too over kill for the flowerpot. There is litereally no difference once you dial in your temps. I just use a PID controller now instead of the hex nail.

After lots and lots and lotsss of testing and comparing the herbo ti and fp. It is safe to say the flower pot is better! I know, I know, I may have jumped the gun a little too quick on the herbo ti :rofl::goon:

One thing that makes the flowerpot better is the lollicap. Whenever you drop the lollicap on it milks a bowl so thick it's crazy:science: if youre getting the fp youd be crazy not to get the lollicap.

Also, the time that you can extract one whole bowl is unbelievable. For the TI I would have to take 2-3 hits out of the same amount of material. If i went any higher in temps materials would start combusting.

Comparing exact same load amount (measured on a scale) the flowerpot has thicker more denser clouds but they are slightly rougher on your throat. The taste is also better.

Here is the flower bowl I am using:

https://www.newvape.com/flowerpot-male-body-2947

If you do get this bowl I highly reccomend getting a arizer eq bowl screen! Without it I have wasted so much material and also it keeps the mess down.

Also, since I am slowly transitioning into micro dosing the eq bowl is the perfect size for small loads. I have tested loads of 0.01-0.05 and the fp has no problems milking those too!

Top Bottom