Cannabis Caps

Purple-Days

Clear Dome's butter tutorial on butter was great, especially the double boil to cut the chlorophyl.:) I have enjoyed the buzz from ingested weed a number of times but never enjoyed the taste. Sorry, I love marijuana but find it tastes bad ro me, Just me, I know some love it.

So what I have used is empty gelatin capsules. You can get them at a health food store or pharmacy. Get the largest size you can choke down.

Grind your very dry material as fine as you can to speed the digestion/absorbtion and make it easy to load the caps.

Working over a clean surface. stuff the capsules full and press on the top of the cap. A tiny=tiny speck of Elmer's white glue just before you stick the halves together will make them safe for pocket transport. At this point they could pass for any herbal supplement, like echinacea.

As Clear Dome warned edible weed can be overwhelming, so work you way up.

I would really like to have a big pile of kief to do this with. But, alas...

Bit of a story about my first cannabis eating experience. My buddy Tom, no not the one, my other buddy Tom, had tickets to see Jon Luc Ponty. Must have been about 1975. His girlfriend got sick and did I want to go (last minute). Heck Yeah !

Taft Theater in Cincinnati was the venue. The place is named after President William Howard Taft. Not a hockey rink... velvet seats and crystal chanfeliers.

I probably had close to an ounce of Columbian, likely why I got first shot at that ticket. But how the heck you gonna smoke in a place like that? Not only would you get kicked out, it was a sure fire bust. Sure we smoked on the way, but that wasn;'t going to last past intermission. Going out and
back in wasn't an option.

Two mini-milk cartons of way overpriced orange drink and back to the balcony. I got out two choice buds and we shrugged and started munching, seeds and all. Nothing we could do but chew and choke and try to wash it down with 8 ounces of crap.

You may understand why I don't like weed taste now. Anyway it worked and by the end of the concert were were pretty buzzed. Wssted really.

Purple-Days,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I also see some people solving thc with vegetal oil and filling capsul with oil ....I figure it must be like a butter buz without the taste ....and I think fat/oil speed up the digestion hehe but I'll try your way it seem simple

Clear_Dome,

Purple-Days

THC is oil soluble but oil/fat is not needed for ingestion. Bile produced in the liver and stored in the gall bladder will disolve the THC and make it absorbable by the small intestine.

Heat is also another non-requirement. Room temp process...

Purple-Days,

Spiderman

oil baron
Another very simple way to make edibles with out all that nasty chlorophyll taste is to make oil out of the herb you were plannin to use for the brownies. Just take the butter or oil you plan to use in the recipe, and melt the oil in. Voila, delicious and super potent cannabutter, with no green taste.

Spiderman,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Spiderman, you mean make BHO and then add that to the butter or cooking oil right?

Was thinking of that after you mentioned you put a few drops in your coffee (guess the cream is enough fat to get it absorbed). After making BHO I've been getting the last bits out of the pan by smearing it with canola oil and putting it in the oven at super low heat. Tastes (and smells) really good to me.

Nice story, Tom. Great imagery. Sounds like a fun time to have been around :)

THC is oil soluble but oil/fat is not needed for ingestion. Bile produced in the liver and stored in the gall bladder will disolve the THC and make it absorbable by the small intestine.

Heat is also another non-requirement. Room temp process...
I was under the impression that a solvent (fat/alcohol) was absolutely necessary in edibles for proper absorption through digestion. :huh: I do remember eating maybe half a gram of really good Nepalese (or was it Afghani? hmm was in the NL) hash once with pretty much no effect but that was years ago.

Any idea wow much herb were you stuffing in the caps and how many were you eating?

vtac,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
My thinking is the THC may not need a carrier(Fat/alcohol) "in" the "body" for effect, Just to make the Extract etc. to reduce the amount required for Oral ingestion, Just a thought of course . :) No Doubt Eating is Kick Arse & i'm keen to try BHO eadibles :p

Cannabudz,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Purple-Days said:
Two mini-milk cartons of way overpriced orange drink and back to the balcony. I got out two choice buds and we shrugged and started munching, seeds and all. Nothing we could do but chew and choke and try to wash it down with 8 ounces of crap.

You may understand why I don't like weed taste now.
That's awesome. :D You do like the taste of vapor right?

My friends have always joked about being ready to eat all the weed in case of emergency, luckily haven't had one yet! I enjoy chewing on some really nice tasty little buds, used to chew the stems when I was a kid... love the flavor of mj. Eating large amounts in a hurry though, that might not be fun... would be especially bad with nothing to drink. :lol:

vtac,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
heh i always eat the stems... it grossed out my gf the first time we smoked together :lol:

i could honestly see myself using cannabis as a culinary seasoning tho

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
I reckon(dog's to deal with Etc.) goin to a music festival/concert etc. warrants making some Capsules, who wants to be shuffling off all the time to get Stoned when there is shit goin on :D

DIY rocks, Make your own Fun, just get weed & go wild hehehe

---
vtedit: I merged this into one post, it's small enough for one post :p:)

get weed & go wild
That's going into the tagline rotator!
PS. I just ate a big stem.

best regards,
-vtac

Cannabudz,

Purple-Days

Hi folks,

Sorry to bust any 'Hippie Myths', there are a few. :lol:

Other myths to fall with time. Like vapes don't work... :2c:

Lipids and lipid solubles are absorbed in the small (upper) intestine. You can speed up the process by making tinctures (alcohol dilutions that are can be absorbed through the stomach lining, but they aren't gor everybody and confuse the high).

So assuming you use ground weed or infused oil/fat, you will not absorb any till it hits the SI. Dig? Then it will be processed the same as an oil infusion. So about 1 hour as an average. More or less,... depends.... :brow:

And as always stomach contents can impede the progress, Always ingest on an empty stomach.

How many caps, that depends on strength of weed, size of caps, belly contents, set and setting, etc...

Purple-Days,
Reactions: vonfatman

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Bit of Patience mixed with a bit of respect :tup: ,Something funny, a vid i saw, of a lady making canna oil using gloves, remarked it's a good idea(gloves) becuase the "oil" is absorbed thru the skin of course & you may go higher than you want too & go too LA LA land, Funny because i have that expectation whenever I indulge :lol: To go to LA LA land hehehe :D

Crack that :whip:

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
To Die for :D

After the last Capsule "incident" i'll just try 1/3 of this 000 with ISO vape oil hehehe, we'll see what we see :D

Cannabudz,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Purple-Days said:
Hi folks,

Sorry to bust any 'Hippie Myths', there are a few. :lol:

Other myths to fall with time. Like vapes don't work... :2c:

Lipids and lipid solubles are absorbed in the small (upper) intestine. You can speed up the process by making tinctures (alcohol dilutions that are can be absorbed through the stomach lining, but they aren't gor everybody and confuse the high).

So assuming you use ground weed or infused oil/fat, you will not absorb any till it hits the SI. Dig? Then it will be processed the same as an oil infusion. So about 1 hour as an average. More or less,... depends.... :brow:

And as always stomach contents can impede the progress, Always ingest on an empty stomach.

How many caps, that depends on strength of weed, size of caps, belly contents, set and setting, etc...
Smarter every day. Thanks for the lesson, always did want a hippie teacher. :lol:

Probably the hash I ate was just too much of a solid chunk and didn't break down properly for digestion by the SI (though I did chew it). That or my tolerance was sky high in NL and maybe it was less than half a gram... was stuck in a movie theater so I ate what I had in the bag!

Maybe the myth started because people just don't like eating raw bud and would rather it cooked into tasty food. Oil/butter happen to be good for cooking stuff as well as extracting the good stuff from the fibrous plant matter.

My tolerance for edibles these days seems to be super low, will have to try this some day! :)

vtac,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
After the last couple of months, it's Hell Yeah, try everything :D

Ive got my Next $1000 spent on "closetfashion" :)

Cannabudz,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
well ive tried eating a raw bud before.. it really wasnt a very good effect, my tolerance was near zero and im very sensitive to most drugs to begin with (ie, i can feel a single hit, and i never took close to the reccomended dose of adderall that i was given cause it made me tweak... also 1 hit of plain leaf salvia using a candle gave me very obvious and strong effects)

2 hits off that bud got me blazed but eating it got me nothing

i think it has to do with the body not being able to break down the plant matter very efficiently, and to get good effects it needs to be put in a more availible form

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
It's good to think, but better to "Do" , One day never comes

the alcohol isnt there any longer after evaporation to "potentiate" the THC etc. so in a capsule it is just Cannabis getting you High :) unless i totally dont get it, you just need say 1 small cap rather than heaps of em if you just grind it up.

Cannabudz,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
i think it has to do with the body not being able to break down the plant matter very efficiently, and to get good effects it needs to be put in a more availible form
Like ground into a powder?

Canna, wouldn't happen to be venturing off topic would you? :whip:

I suppose since you'll be tripping (maybe not from 1/3 the dose) from a capsule similar to that described in the original post it could be considered on topic. We'll let the thread author (Tom) decide. :lol:

vtac,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Yeah man I plead the "capsule" for sure hehehe , a bit of an effort typing by the way :lol: , i fucken love my life :lol:

I may just go for a bike ride & for no particular reason :)

Cannabudz,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Cannabudz said:
I may just go for a bike ride & for no particular reason :)
Gonna join you... after a couple bowls. Maybe just a 10KM.
<- avid cyclist, got an old specialized

(sorry for going off topic :lol:)

vtac,

Purple-Days

Naw, if you need 1/3 gram of any bud to smoke or vape you need three time that to ingest, I don't care how you process it. Besides, it lasts three times as long and can be way more intense, WARNING!:brow:

Really, this forum is about the truth...

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom