Candies

don't mean to hijack the thread but, i did make the sugar. still haven't make the candy....1 tablespoon in cup of 1/2 coffee and 1/2 milk knocked me on my a** and was tasty.

used 1 cup of tincture to 1 cup of sugar, in oven at 175 for about 1.5 hours stirring every 10 minutes

thatsmokinguy,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Glad to hear your results ;) Appreciate you sharing!

Lo,

fiarrhea

Vapor Dog
Oh man...
I recently made a shit ton of hard candies, also, airhead style candy, chocolate, fudge, and caramel.
I used a crockpot about 3/4 full of butter, then stuffed as much trim as I could into it, medium heat for three hours, strained and repeated 2 more times, stuffing the same butter with more trim each time. then strained again and boiled all the plant matter lightly and strained that as well to cool and later retrieve excess butter. I tell you the plant matter had as much or more butter still trapped than the hot liquid butter I was able to strain originally. Lightly boiling, straining, cooling and collecting is crucial for maximum yield.
Then just used half a cup of butter in each batch of candy. They turned out incredible. During the process I ended up tasting all the candy, and by the end of the day I was more medicated than ive ever been from edibles, or vaping...hmm, highest ever? Still have yet to have too intense of an experience though, but it was close..

fiarrhea,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I've been making the microwave method of the hard candies outlined in this post, using tincture made from abv. So far, I think it's been successful. I use the mold Lo uses and 4 of them give me a great night's sleep. The taste could be a little better, but once you get past the first time, you sort of get used to it and they taste somewhat like a funky cough drop. :lol:

My latest batch of tincture was made with 118 gr. of abv. I didn't weigh it the time before, but visually, it appears to be the same amount of duff. The difference is that this time I ground the abv in a coffee grinder prior to putting in my 151. I'm curious to see if they will be the same strength or if they are stronger than when I didn't do the extra grind. :science:

momofthegoons,
Reactions: Lo

Lo

Nice Mom... Try experimenting with diff flavorings, I have used cinnamon, lemon, raspberry and a few others. I also find mixing the ABV tincture with a little of the Everclear I soak vape parts in adds some of the full range stuff to the mix. I use about 4 oz. of ABV tincture and 1 oz. of the strained golden soaking liquid - then evaporate that down to put in a batch.

Some people that eat 4 pieces of my candy land in what they call a candy coma lol.

Let us know how it goes with reground ABV... I'm curious, have thought about that but never tried it.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Anyone who doesn't think there's anything left in your abv and throws it away? I just think you should take a little looky loo at this...

28rcyrn.jpg

Okay... here's one big tip....

I was thinking today (and that is always trouble.. :p) that maybe I should put the sugar mixture into the pan with the reduced tincture and extract instead of the opposite since so much gets left in the pan. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!

The surface area of the pan is much larger than the 4 cup measuring cup... as such it cools down much quicker. :\

Soooo.... the liquid didn't really pour into the molds properly like it did the last time. :rofl:

2qnw8dl.jpg

FAIL!!!!

LMFAO!!!!! Dosing is going to be a bitch. :p Oh well..... next time is the charm!!!

Last edited:

Lo

oh man... yeah that looks like a mess. Have to try diff things though as that is how we find our best stuff.

I used to use a large open pan to reduce the tincture, now I use the smallest sauce pan I have...my theory is less pot for the goodies to get stuck in ;) plus since pan is rouneded w/ high sides I can kind of swirl the mix in the pan right before pouring to get the most out of my pour.

I love the pic of your reduction :D I agree so many think messing with ABV is a waste but I find vaping to be the gift that keeps on giving lol.

tepictoton

Have been making bho chocolate with coconutoil but always seem to get into trouble preserving them(read, they melt quickly, used 1part BHO infused oil to 1 part raw chocolate and half raw sugar with stevia extract)...

Anybody has any idea what the proper dose for bho might be in this recipe? To give you an idea where I am at now, I make my chocolates with .15 to.2 g of bho each....euhm and yes, they do the trick really well.

But, this seems better for preserving?

tepictoton,

beach bum

Tried the microwave version with @Lo suggestions above - success on the first try! Added a few drops of food coloring, which produced a very vibrant colored candy.

Wanted to say thank you to all who posted above! :wave:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I made some cannabutter using the Mota Maker. I used lightly toasted ABV from my Solo. I made some chocolate, coconut, almond haystacks.
I started with dark chocolate and cannabutter, then added the rest of the ingredients. I just heated the chocolate and the cannabutter in the microwave.

Each candy has 1 tablespoon of cannabutter. It tastes wonderful and 1 candy does the trick.

Last edited:

vinnyzan

I plan on making some hard candies this weekend (using coco oil not tincure)

These should keep well for a long time if vacumn sealed and stored at room temp right ?

Any one get any molds off of amazon that there happy with ? How many molds am i going to need ? I know they vary in shape and size but just looking to get an idea.

vinnyzan,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Top Bottom