1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Buying a new vaporiser for hash

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by Thevapourrizer, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Ricd

Ricd Member

Hi guys

My Vapcap M and my Firefly2 are both stuck since day 1 of August in Lisbon Customs. Already send bunch of emails, call few times, and the answer Is always the same, it's in process of customs

Portuguese stupid law. And what bothers me the most is that they work so slow, it's a shame.

It's been a long journey waiting for the vaporizers.

Now comes the weekend, two more days of waiting because the customs are closed

Anyone here with the same problems?

thanks

Hogni likes this.
  2. Swampy

Swampy Astromycologist

Absolutely, 230degC yes. My home built tabletop job has a 20mm I.D. heater coil with a boro cup for flowers. It probly absorbs some heat energy so 230 works fine for flowers or solid. Hope your evening is going great ⭐☺

3. peabreu

peabreu Member

Any news on your choices?

4. sternenstaub

sternenstaub Active Member

I ordered an M and tested it extensively. I like the Vapcap so much, that I will buy an Omni in the near future for several reasons. But is it better than the Vapman? And is it better with traditional hash? That is a really tricky question and not so easily to be answered than I would have thought. It depends on your preferences and there is no definitive answer in the end in an objective manner. A lot can be said when you compare the Vapman with the Vapcap, but in the end I find both are excelling in different ways.

So, vaping traditional hash with the Vapman or the Vapcap:

Both extract the goods perfectly. With the Vapcap you are faster done with your load, in lesser cycles than the Vapman. The increase in speed you pay with harsher clouds. I find the vapor from the Vapman smoother and to be better tasting. The Vapcap is far more easy to clean. It's the best device I know in that. Perfect. Fiddly with inserting the screen though. The Vapman is not so easy to clean. And the middle section is from wood and will get gunky from the hash (you could mod the air path with a glass tube, but I was too lazy to do that). That is not perfect, but it doesn't affect the quality of the vapor at all in my finding. from what I have read, the residue is antiseptic, but correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not a medical researcher.
    You need a special screen with the Vapman to use hash in the best way, it's sold in the official shop. Get some, when they are used, clean them with a torch, blow the dust off and you are ready to go again. With the Vapcap you can use @Squiby 's mod, using half a concentrate pad from the Crafty/Mighty as a ground layer, but you can as well just pop a chunk in the chamber. Easier to use than the Vapman. The build quality is great with both devices but they follow a different path. The Vapcap is sturdy as hell. It uses safe materials, but some silicone rings. All safe materials with Vapman, if you don't like the plastic mouthpiece, there are wooden options. The bowl is a work of art, and should be treated as such. I scratched mine, but really - I went all peasant on it and treated it bad. It looks beaten up but works 100% as before. The Vapman seems fragile but is tougher than it looks and it's by far more efficient in heating your material. It needs a lot less butane to heat it up. The Vapcap you can heat with anything in theory, which is awesome.

So, for me I'm happy now to own both devices and depending on the situation I'll pick the right one for the job. But if I have all the time I need, it will be the Vapman. I have a dedicated middle piece only for concentrates by the way. The M will be dedictated for that as well.

Maybe it helps some, others might disagree, but that's life.
    :myday:

jupazo, GreenHopper, Squiby and 2 others like this.
  5. Used2use

Used2use Landrace racer

well i'm a really spoiled flavour bitch...
    being just one day in amsterdam with only a stashed M and a Flowermate V i have accite VMS (vapes missing syndrome) - yes both do kind of their job, but it's just such a terps waste to me...let's hope the plenty arrives tomorrow or i'll have to buy another vaponic :D

6. WalterWhite420

WalterWhite420 New Member

Hi guys,
    Vaping is new for me. Yesterday I've spend a couple of hours reading on this forum.
    I smoke joints for many years now. Besides that I don't smoke cigarettes for a few years now.
    I have had it with tabacco and so I decided to order the vapcap m to try the whole vaping thing.
    Upcoming week I should receive the vapcap. Really excited!
    I still have a few questions and I hope you guys can help me out. Vaping is totally new for me so excuse me if I ask stupid questions.
    I live in a country in Europe where all the good stuff can be bought in a store legally and the quality of the stuff I smoke is normally pretty good.
    In my joints I prefer hash and at first I want to try that with my vapcap. When I receive the vapcap I planning to try weed also.
    My questions are:

1) how do I place the hash in the cap? I mean, do I need to crumble it? When I crumble it does it stay on top of the vapcap or does it fall down? Or do I take a big piece of hash a make some kind of pancake with the hash between my fingers so it covers a big area in the vapcap?

2) What is the best/safest vaping technique? I've read about it and saw some videos and a lot of people warn that after heating the vapcap the temperature can be dangerous for your lungs.
    When you heat the vapcap you put your finger on the air hole right?
    And when you inhale you remove your finger from the air hole so you also inhale some fresh air right?
    I think this is very important so better safe than sorry right?

3)How much hash to I put in the vapcap? On videos the cap you put the stuff in seems pretty big. Looks like maybe 0,5 to 0,75 grams crumbled hash fits in the top.
    I thought I put the some amount of hash in the vapcap as I do/did in my joints. Sounds kind of logic...I think :)

I am excited to start this journey. Unfortunately I have a medical condition where I have lot of cramps and spasms in my muscles. So if I can take my medicine without the tobacco that would be really awesome!
    English is not my first language so excuse me for any grammar of spelling mistakes and thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  7. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

The Vapcap is fantastic with hash. I vape both hard Moroccan hash and soft pliable Afghani hash. The trick for me is to create lots of surface area without crumbling the hash.

For hard hash I slice the hash very thin using a razor blade and pop it directly into the Vapcap chamber.

For soft hash I pinch off a bit and flatten it between my fingers to form a thin pancake. Again I just pop it into the herb chamber as is.

I like to heat the Vapcap cap over it's bottom half (this is the end of the cap where the digger outter is attached) for a good second or so past the click. The air intake hole located on the body should be covered with your finger as you pull vapor into your mouth. Do not pull the vapor directly into your lungs. Once you have pulled vapor into you mouth, you remove your finger to allow cool fresh air in while inhale the fresh air along with the mouth vapor.

Hash takes a higher temp to vape nicely and produce clouds. So heating the bottom area of the cap and heating slightly longer coupled with mouth pulling should bring you the results you seek. Good luck!

I've never heard of the Vapcap creating temps that are dangerous to the lungs. However, if you experience any lung or throat irritation, consider adding a degummed hemp fiber filter sandwich to your Vapcap. This will prevent any fine particulates from entering the airpath and subsequently your lungs. Place the filter over your screen and add another screen on top of your filter. This creates super smooth non irritating vapor and the bonus is that your condenser remains clean for a very long time. I change my filter every month or so when I notice a deterioration of flavour.

Check my signature below to see how I fashion a degummed hemp fiber filter.

You will find that the Vapcap is very efficient and that you'll likely need less hash to get you the same effect. You don't need to fill the herb chamber. I suggest starting off with maybe half of the amount you used in joints, or even less and see where that takes you.

8. WalterWhite420

WalterWhite420 New Member

Thank you for your reply.
    Very good instructions, especially about creating large surface and the degummed hemp fiber filter.

9. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

I am working with a collection de-gummed hemp fiber now that was saturated with vape induced canna oil.. in a clear glass food prep bowl I soaked a wad ball of the hemp fiber in 91% iso alcohol and evaporated that off completely... then add virgin coconut oil ( enough to cover the sides where the oil is sticking) and let it sit for up to two weeks... then when the oil is green use it sparingly as it is extremely potent ... you can speed this process some by by heating it low heat ( no flames!)... maybe cool it down when it is ready to be used...
    ABV ( already been vaped) can be incorporated into the finished oil too and other oils than coconut etc... as coconut is a saturated fat it can absorb quite a bit of extra space ( cannabinoids) so works as a good oil.. Peace

GreenHopper, Alexis and Squiby like this.
  10. sternenstaub

sternenstaub Active Member

For the Vapcap I'd like to share an alternative method that seems for me to be the least gunky.
    It's just a simple screen needed. Find one with a small diameter or cut it up (in a circle). Form a basket out out it. That is quite easy: Place the screen centered flat on the top of your Vapcap Tip, then push it in. You could use a small pencil for it, anything that fits. Now you made a small basket out of your screen, in which you can pop a tiny chunk, or better, a very flat pancake.
    Cleaning is now very easy - you get out your "basket" and then push it flat. All bits attached to it will fall off.

11. sativasam

sativasam NO SMOKING

When using Euro has i.e. Not wax but good quality Moroccan that is maluable - I use my Lotus (lighter based vape).

Most people will tell you that lighter based vapes work better for hash. Personally I agree with this notion. I don't enjoy hash in my volcano or my Mighty really (both top tier electronic vapes).

Many people have asked the question you have asked on here, even myself I think. Use the search engine built into the site and also try googling the similar terms with fuckcombustion included in the search term.

I find hash a bit messy to vape as it leaves gunk on my screens - so it can be wrapped in a small piece of 100% cotton (I get pure unbleached 100% cotton tissues from WholeFoods).

If you look for the other threads where people have asked the same question as you they are full of others experiences on the subject!

12. peabreu

peabreu Member

Hi

Any experience with the Milaana instead of the FF2 for hard solid Marroc hash?
    Vapcap M is very OK and extremely practical, but I prefer using one additional cotton filter to block finer particles. Still, in terms of taste I agree the best of these lighter based is the Vaponic.

Anyway, I do need an electric and the storm while useable is not really very satisfiying...those 220C don't seem vry real or are way too slow to be effective, tried the resin chamber, the titan and even no chamber but takes a lot of time with limited vapor and uncomparable with a vapcap or vaponic. Would a FF2 or a RBT Milaana would take me any closer to these?

Thanks.

Used2use likes this.
  13. Used2use

Used2use Landrace racer

Both will work better than the storm - a cheaper but still good solution is the fury / fenix mini goes up to 221C.
    I actually also went a bit away from butane vapes for hash, too much tendency to overheat at the end and that tastes funny...
    it's imo more important to recrumble than to go to higher heat - i have a plenty only for hash :D 202C is enough to grab the taste, the leftover abv gets eaten (like fitz hugh ludlow... ;) )

peabreu likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors