my LHS started selling torch heads that attach directly to can of butane
creme-brulee-butane-torch.jpg
47290014_14RXPFW_md.jpg

butane stove can?
Might have to look into that.

DannyVi,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
A friend of mine said that looking at the flame of the butane torch can damage your eyes, much like the flame of a welder or something. I didnt think this was true. I always have to look at the flame to hold it on the nail while dabbing. Anyone know if its harmful?

Also, which part of the flame is hottest? Theres a bright blue cone in the flame and i usually heat it with the tip of the cone but wondering if another part of the flame is hotter.

YoGranMazPimp,

SD_haze

A friend of mine said that looking at the flame of the butane torch can damage your eyes, much like the flame of a welder or something. I didnt think this was true. I always have to look at the flame to hold it on the nail while dabbing. Anyone know if its harmful?

Also, which part of the flame is hottest? Theres a bright blue cone in the flame and i usually heat it with the tip of the cone but wondering if another part of the flame is hotter.
From astronomy class you learn the different colors how they relate to heat.

Basically when you have something blue that is hot, the WHITER the blue is, the hotter it is. Therefore you can usually make out the very tip of the inner blue flame being slightly whiter than the more-blue end of the flame. This is the hottest part.

And a butane torch is definitely not affecting any eyes :ko:

JSteez4205

aka Gordon NugzB
I bought my Torch at William Sonoma. It is a nice, beefy, creme brulee torch that has an adjustable flame width/length. It also has a "lock-in" mechanism so that once it's on, you can lock it on so as to not have to worry about constant thumb pressure on the trigger. In Store it was only $30 about 6-months ago, on website it goes for $38 I just saw. Happy with my investment, has held true, it does like the most purified butane as possible, I fill with Vector 5x.
Also roasts marshmallows nicely on top of hot chocolate for after my session :tup:
img35f.jpg

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Where would the worlds gadget nuts be without Deal Extreme ;)

smokum,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
got my dremele versaflame today...gotta say, it definately feels more solid then the other no brand torches I had and destriyed along the way. With 3 years waranty i cannot see how this is going to go wrong:)

Oh yeah AGREED!

FLskwat,

Bouldorado

I bought my Torch at William Sonoma. It is a nice, beefy, creme brulee torch that has an adjustable flame width/length. It also has a "lock-in" mechanism so that once it's on, you can lock it on so as to not have to worry about constant thumb pressure on the trigger. In Store it was only $30 about 6-months ago, on website it goes for $38 I just saw. Happy with my investment, has held true, it does like the most purified butane as possible, I fill with Vector 5x.
Also roasts marshmallows nicely on top of hot chocolate for after my session :tup:
img35f.jpg

I use something similar except I bought it at bed bath and beyond. Pretty much identical to those nice vector torches but at half the price (30 + tax). Was pretty happy with it until the ignition mechanism failed recently, after only 2-3 months of light use. I heard bb and b will replace it for free, but I've pretty much quit dabbing and I'm to lazy to replace a torch that I barely use (plus it can still be lit with a lighter)

Bouldorado,

JSteez4205

aka Gordon NugzB
pretty happy with it until the ignition mechanism failed recently, after only 2-3 months of light use.
Saw this and immediately thought of the fact that i've read if you don't use extremely refined butane in these creme brulee torches that they will tend to get clogged or guncked up by the not as pure butane, but that you can run 5x through a guncked or clogged torch to bring it back.
but then i noticed you said:
(plus it can still be lit with a lighter)
So if you can still light with a lighter then its def not clogged and just an ignitor problem for sure.. As someone who is still fairly new to dabbing, can I ask why you chose to stop?

Also saw these last night during online surfing: http://www.puffndabs.com/Torches.html I Did Not check prices, only casually glanced at a couple of the custom ones.

JSteez4205,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Ok, those are cool n all.... but DAMNNNNNN $250 for a torch ?

smokum,

Bouldorado

Saw this and immediately thought of the fact that i've read if you don't use extremely refined butane in these creme brulee torches that they will tend to get clogged or guncked up by the not as pure butane, but that you can run 5x through a guncked or clogged torch to bring it back.
but then i noticed you said:

So if you can still light with a lighter then its def not clogged and just an ignitor problem for sure.. As someone who is still fairly new to dabbing, can I ask why you chose to stop?

Also saw these last night during online surfing: http://www.puffndabs.com/Torches.html I Did Not check prices, only casually glanced at a couple of the custom ones.

I've kind of been forced cut down due to school and work load, so it's really just a matter of preference. I typically only have time at night, and I just like vaping better. Mostly because it's a lot tastier, but it's also cleaner.

Bouldorado,

JSteez4205

aka Gordon NugzB
Always loved these.
9161d1309806999-hitman-glass-glass-torch-alt_6-29-11-100b.jpg

Yeah I've been looking at A lot of Hitman Torches lately, and been LoViNg the collabs they're doing with different tubes. Here's my favorite I've found so far, being a child from the '80s Transformers were huge in my life. They start showing the actual piece around the :50 mark.

Edit: but if we were all scoffing at the $250 tag of those other torches...this collab went for $15,000 I think!!

Top Bottom