BUDDER via ABV BHO or ABV ISO?

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
i know that the basic difference between "budder" & "BHO" (butane hash oil) is the act of whipping. trying to research this subject has led me to find that someone once said it was possible to budder the ISO (isopropyl alcohol) but i never heard it anywhere else or anything else about it.

so i have 2 questions:

1. can you whip ISO oil extracted from ABV into budder?

2. can you whip BHO oil extracted from ABV into budder?

thanks for your help in advance. i found it very hard to find this info out online. i also do not have enough quantity (or quality) ABV to research these for myself, either.

by the way, for anyone who is looking for a cheap TI swing, google "kuhns DIY TI kit"...i just saw this today and even though ive never used this method of vaporization before (heating up a plate & placing a dab on it while its hot), this seems like an affordable way to try it out (you need your own glass, though). here: http://www.tokecity.com/forums/showthread.php4?t=45269

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE INPUT ON MY QUESTIONS ABOVE!

akwardsauce,

SD_haze

from what i understand the original budder by budderking was more than just whipping, there was further purification (forgetting off top of my head) that gave it such a crazy high potency.

but whipped ISO even without that would still be easier to deal with.

I dont have a reason but i have a hunch there's some reason it wouldn't work right

SD_haze,

akwardsauce

SD_haze said:
from what i understand the original budder by budderking was more than just whipping, there was further purification (forgetting off top of my head) that gave it such a crazy high potency.

but whipped ISO even without that would still be easier to deal with.

I dont have a reason but i have a hunch there's some reason it wouldn't work right

after researching, i heard that budderking was bullshitting about the extra processes - it was just whipping in the first place. i have also heard about ISO being whipped into budder.

the problem is that i can only find a bit here & there, but nothing convincing/reliable enough. i cant cite the sources from where i heard the above claims, but i assure you they are fresh in my mind because i just read them a few hrs ago & they were explicitly stated (i did not assume anything to draw these conclusions). but i figure, if it was possible, wouldnt we have heard more about it by now? i mean, we are not pioneers in this kind of stuff, are we?

so what im saying is that someone says there is a way to whip QWISO/ISO oil into budder, has anyone tried this?

does anyone know about whipping BHO from ABV into budder (i have not found any info on this online yet)?

will these products budder up if they were made with ABV instead of unvaped ganja?

i will try stuff as soon as i get the chance & report back...it will take me a long time to save up enough ABV & im not optimistic in it happening, though... (most of the abv i have right now is from some regs/mid grade...so it will not compare fully).

thanks for the reply!

akwardsauce,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Why do you want budder? Generally, it's harder to work with because it doesn't stick to dabbers. Also, I suspect that budder is actually oil that hasnt been properly purged. When you whip it you are actually trapping air AND the butane that is trying to escape in the oil itself. Think of some dry ice that is evaporating - the "Vapes" coming off the ice only rise a few inches and mostly get blown off the block by small currents in the air. So if the butane fumes act the same way then they would raise up only to be recaptured in the act of whipping. This is my theory - I have heard that budder can be turned into stable oil by low heat for an extended period of time. A coffee mug warmer and a small dish work great to do a purge test. If you get bubbles you got butane in your oil still.

Btw, I suspect that Budderking vac purges his product which is the "secret" step, I am pretty sure it isn't whipped. Although I will look it up to make sure.

notmyrealUSERname,

akwardsauce

notmyrealUSERname said:
Why do you want budder? Generally, it's harder to work with because it doesn't stick to dabbers. Also, I suspect that budder is actually oil that hasnt been properly purged. When you whip it you are actually trapping air AND the butane that is trying to escape in the oil itself. Think of some dry ice that is evaporating - the "Vapes" coming off the ice only rise a few inches and mostly get blown off the block by small currents in the air. So if the butane fumes act the same way then they would raise up only to be recaptured in the act of whipping. This is my theory - I have heard that budder can be turned into stable oil by low heat for an extended period of time. A coffee mug warmer and a small dish work great to do a purge test. If you get bubbles you got butane in your oil still.

Btw, I suspect that Budderking vac purges his product which is the "secret" step, I am pretty sure it isn't whipped. Although I will look it up to make sure.

i actually like transferring budder than oils...a bit easier for me...but like i said, ive done this stuff about 6 times in my life so far, so im not very experienced.

that makes sense...& vacuum definitely sounds more effective (now all i need is a hood & vacuum!)...

i assume that if you were to put a fan over the oil as you whip it, that could solve the fume process (although i never thought of that before - its interesting...i thought that the "fumes" from dry ice stayed like that because extremely cold air drops down...?)

do you know anything about iso oils buddering up?

thanks!

akwardsauce,

stroh

errl enthusiast
budders are better for folks who like bowl topping as opposed to dabbing.

i have no experience with ABV concentrates, but ISO can be buddered up by whipping, but it usually will only settle into a wax consistency as opposed to actual budder. BHO is definitely easier to achieve budder with, though some strains have a higher affinity to budder than others, and some refuse to budder at all.

Budderking's tech uses a hydrochloric acid purge, which IMO is unnecessary, not that i want budder in the first place.

i have a feeling that ABV will not budder up as easily as normal oil, due to there being much less actives extracted, plus all the unwanted stuff you will get from having a fine grind.

stroh,

akwardsauce

stroh said:
budders are better for folks who like bowl topping as opposed to dabbing.

i have no experience with ABV concentrates, but ISO can be buddered up by whipping, but it usually will only settle into a wax consistency as opposed to actual budder. BHO is definitely easier to achieve budder with, though some strains have a higher affinity to budder than others, and some refuse to budder at all.

Budderking's tech uses a hydrochloric acid purge, which IMO is unnecessary, not that i want budder in the first place.

very interesting...i may have to try to whip up my iso next time...any ideas on how buddering works with ABV-extracted stuff?

thanks!

akwardsauce,

stroh

errl enthusiast
just edited the post above, i think ABV will be harder to achieve budder with.

stroh,

akwardsauce

stroh said:
just edited the post above, i think ABV will be harder to achieve budder with.

thank you. i guess the best way to find out is to do it myself or wait for someone who has actually personally done it themselves...

i thought about the solid particles that may get through the strain, but i was planning on watercuring either way as the first step, so i think i may be very thorough in allowing solid particles to seep into my final solution to evaporate...

thanks for the contribution!

akwardsauce,

stroh

errl enthusiast
no problem, i think a water cure would be your best bet to reduce absorption of chlorophyll, tannins, and other impurities. let us know how it goes when you do get around to trying this out.

stroh,

akwardsauce

stroh said:
no problem, i think a water cure would be your best bet to reduce absorption of chlorophyll, tannins, and other impurities. let us know how it goes when you do get around to trying this out.

no doubt...if you want to read a sweet write up on water curing & comparing it to not water curing, check out weedemons experiment:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=6324

akwardsauce,

Tuck

So do you use a whisk to whip it? like cooking? I really don't understand the term budder, because the only oil I see is from my own trial and error. I assume you'd have to use a double boiler for this if going the ISO route?

Tuck,

SD_haze

Tuck said:
So do you use a whisk to whip it? like cooking? I really don't understand the term budder, because the only oil I see is from my own trial and error. I assume you'd have to use a double boiler for this if going the ISO route?

You whip it on a heated surface with a razor blade.

Its similar to the cooking process of "folding in" something (how you make legit homemade eggnog).

The whipping adds air & fluffs up the oil. Some reasons why this is undesirable for dabbing, and apparently it degrades extremely fast compared to normal oil (day or so compared to a few weeks, so use it fast!)

upside is its easier to handle mainly. can top bud and use it in some vapes a bit easier.

but honestly id rather have shatter, since its just as easy to handle but shouldnt degrade nearly as quickly (the budder smell is really strong, and thats kind of like the budder dying :()

SD_haze,

akwardsauce

SD_haze said:
Tuck said:

You whip it on a heated surface with a razor blade.

Its similar to the cooking process of "folding in" something (how you make legit homemade eggnog).

The whipping adds air & fluffs up the oil. Some reasons why this is undesirable for dabbing, and apparently it degrades extremely fast compared to normal oil (day or so compared to a few weeks, so use it fast!)

upside is its easier to handle mainly. can top bud and use it in some vapes a bit easier.

but honestly id rather have shatter, since its just as easy to handle but shouldnt degrade nearly as quickly (the budder smell is really strong, and thats kind of like the budder dying :()

im assuming shatter is just freezing BHO on a flat surface?

if so, does "shatter" work with iso, ABV iso, & ABV bho the same as regular?

thanks!

akwardsauce,

stroh

errl enthusiast
shatter has nothing to do with cold temps, check my avatar for some shatter grade oil. it simply regards the consistency of the product; it is brittle like hard candy, and can be handled for awhile before melting back down into oil due to the heat from your fingers.

stroh,

g124v17y

I know the topic is a bit old but in case anyone was wondering...

:2c:

I've been making extracts for years and have tried making budder several times with several different recipes and here is my conclusion:
In some way budderking's process has been either perverted or is intentionally lacking some information.

Whipping is possible with any liquid. obviously. but what happens to that liquid when whipped? It seems that the "buddering" up that happens when you whip various extracts is only with extremely pure extracts. Even some of the purest BHO I have ever seen didn't "budder up" properly like budderking's. Certain strains are more prone to "buddering" than others, and even when ISO extracts do budder up, it ends up settling and the air seperates from the oil and you're left with something thats oddly inbetween qwiso and budder. This seems, to me anyway, to point to a missing step in the process or perhaps a different chemical used to do the extract (hydrochloric acid? ty stroh :)) However you have to understand that while butane might make beautiful pure golden honey oil, it is extremely dangerous for the home extract maker. This is why most prefer to use qwiso because while the product might be a little less pure, there is no chance of DYING while making it lol. Obviously there are even more volatile chemicals that could be used to produce even purer extracts that would definitely "budder" but at what cost? Besides your health, it would probably use a lot of product to create very little budder.

IMO its not worth it to make anything else BUT qwiso.

as far as abv... lol... if you make extracts out of abv you will essentially be making the stoniest couch lock pass out for 5 hours oil ever. It might make you so tired it won't even be pleasant. I make some once in a while for a friend who has trouble sleeping, along with abv brownies. It seems that you inhale most of the happy high and whats left in the ABV is a lot that makes you tired. Thus, the product makes you extremely tired. All depends on what you're looking for though as far as final product.

Hope that helps!

Let me know how this worked out for you :)

g124v17y,

weedemon

enthusiast
g124v17y said:
as far as abv... lol... if you make extracts out of abv you will essentially be making the stoniest couch lock pass out for 5 hours oil ever. It might make you so tired it won't even be pleasant. I make some once in a while for a friend who has trouble sleeping, along with abv brownies. It seems that you inhale most of the happy high and whats left in the ABV is a lot that makes you tired. Thus, the product makes you extremely tired. All depends on what you're looking for though as far as final product.

thx for weighing in on the subject! that was very informative! :)

I love my avb oil lol i make it simply by cleaning my vapes with 99% iso. save up that bottle for a long time and once the iso looks like maple syrup i filter then evap it. i totally know what you mean about the effects of this oil! it's really really potent. i find the absolute best way to use it is to do however much of that oil you want. then vape some regular herb to help fill in the spectrum of cannabinoids you get. because of the super high cbd/cbn of the avb oil this high is a whole other level! :)

weedemon,

VaporEyeSore

Very interesting thread and has answered a lot of the questions about what budder realy is.
I just wanted to chip in and mention my love for ABV qwiso too. I dont do it so much now really just if i cant sleep. But when I first started vaping I found a dab of ABV oil on top gave me a satisfying smokers buzz and really help me with the transition from smoking to vaping as im not sure I would have stuck to vaping without it!

VaporEyeSore,

stroh

errl enthusiast
since everyone is commenting on this again, now that i have my macbook back, i can post the actual steps for budderking's hydrochloric acid purge, it was in my stickies :p

Hydrochloric Acid Purge

1. Using raw extract weigh mass and take note.
2. Add 10 times this amount of grain alcohol & mix with raw extract in beaker.
3. Take a pH reading & write this down.
4. Using a small dropper, Add 1 drop of Acid, (slowly , this will react & get warm, SO BE CAUTIOUS) for each gram of raw extract & stir with glass rod.
5. Using a volume of charcoal / norit equal to the solution ( raw extract/ alcohol mix ) Add this to the solution and agitate for 2 or 3 minutes.
6. Take a second pH reading subtracts from first reading.
The difference is a good starting point to add Bicarbonate of Soda at a 1 to 1 ratio, Or 1 gram of Soda to 1 drop of Acid.
Add Soda slowly ( this too will react ).
Take a third pH reading ; then adjust the pH according to the first reading using Soda or Acid to match the first reading.
You should achieve a pH of 6.5 to 7.5 The sweet stuff is at a range around 6.6 or 6.8 range.
7. Set up the eulmeyer flask with filter and vacuum source ( tap water is your source ) Then turn water on & pour solution slowly into funnel portion of the flask. At this point when you have pulled the solution into the flask, rinse the beaker with a small amount of alcohol to get the remainder.
8. At this point the alcohol can be evaporated if necessary or reduced to the desired consistency depending on intent of use.
The infra red lite Master uses works well
9. Clean up all equipment and put away and now enjoy

stroh,

akwardsauce

fuck i hate these types of titrations so much but i may have to try this someday...

akwardsauce,

weedemon

enthusiast
hee i know i don't have the equipment do do that! damn! and btw adding HCL to my precious precious oil? scary thought! haha

hehe will leave that experiment to someone better equipped! :p

weedemon,
Top Bottom