Gear Bubbleman Trinity Tank

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
@THC SCIENTIFIC , I've been using the Trinity XL these past few weeks and have enjoyed it. However, I seem to have run into a problem.

To start things off, I filled the unit with ~1.5 mL distillate with about 2 drops of terps/g added. So the material definitely flowed at room temp and was very clean.

Everything was great for the first half a tank. Great hits, great flavor. Then I start to have flooding issues. The airpath is almost always clogged after use at this point.

Technique has not changed, and I am the only one using it. I start to draw before applying power, and continue to hit it after power has ceased. I do cool down hits after every hit or two. Nothing changed with my technique.

The only thing I can think of that happened around that time, is I unscrewed the top refill lid. I hadn't noticed it when I first got the tank and wanted to check it out. I opened it, and then closed it.

Even with the flooding issues I'm currently experiencing, I still get very good hits. I can do a cool down hit for nearly a minute,and my airpath will be clear. However, when I go for my next hit in a few minutes, the airpath is clogged again.

I have not seen any leak out from the bottom of the tank, nor the air inlet holes on the bottom.

Any ideas what might be causing my issue?

@THC SCIENTIFIC , I've been using the Trinity XL these past few weeks and have enjoyed it. However, I seem to have run into a problem.

To start things off, I filled the unit with ~1.5 mL distillate with about 2 drops of terps/g added. So the material definitely flowed at room temp and was very clean.

Everything was great for the first half a tank. Great hits, great flavor. Then I start to have flooding issues. The airpath is almost always clogged after use at this point.

Technique has not changed, and I am the only one using it. I start to draw before applying power, and continue to hit it after power has ceased. I do cool down hits after every hit or two. Nothing changed with my technique.

The only thing I can think of that happened around that time, is I unscrewed the top refill lid. I hadn't noticed it when I first got the tank and wanted to check it out. I opened it, and then closed it.

Even with the flooding issues I'm currently experiencing, I still get very good hits. I can do a cool down hit for nearly a minute,and my airpath will be clear. However, when I go for my next hit in a few minutes, the airpath is clogged again.

I have not seen any leak out from the bottom of the tank, nor the air inlet holes on the bottom.

This is exactly what happened to me. Although soon after unscrewing the tank, it had leaked, u you couldn't tell until you removed it.

It would be nice for @THCScientific or anyone from w9tech to chime in as I\m having a horrible experience with their customer support...

If they say this product will work with liquids flowing at room temp, it should. If you need to add terps than say so too. But it is confusing to search for this info from different places, even reading responses here.

I have used straight distillate, and added terps too. Straight distillate is thick but flows at room temp. \even still they say to add terps. But if it also works with ejuice. why would a thicker liquid leak, and a thinner one is ok? Strange.

So mine leaked after using liquids that flowed at room temp. But when I contacted the store I purchased it at, they told me w9tech does not consider it a warranty issue. Thats right, THIS PRODUCT LEAKING LIQUID FLOWING AT ROOM TEMP IS NOT A WARRANTY ISSUE!!!

So here I am with a $80 vape pen that leaks, yet I'm using a disposable from my dispensary, because distillate is expensive, and I'm not going to trow it away on a shoddy product.

So, will the xl tank leak too? I use liquids at room temp, even used phyto distillate w/terps, will this thing leak the same?

So disappointed in the customer service, replying to me saying basically there is nothing they can do. So for those on the edge just remember, once it leaks its used, and they wont take it back!

elmoe420

Yeah this is exactly my experience. No leaks but about half way through (running in TC) it flooded the chimney. It still works great in wattage mode just like you said but it always starts off after resting for awhile in a clogged state.

My plan was just to finish the tank in wattage mode (almost done now) and then clean it all and switch back to TC for the next fill.

I can't really correlate the flooding to opening the top cap like you though. Curious what @THC SCIENTIFIC thinks?

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
@Roth @Puffin_Chronic when you guys say removed the top, do you mean mouth piece or the Top section?

And when removing the top did you notice the coil being unscrewed?

@elmoe420 what settings are you using ?

I just unscrewed the top portion that opens the refill slot.

I did not notice the coil loosening when I did it. When I get back home, I can try giving everything a little tighten just to see if that was the issue.

Roth,
@Roth @Puffin_Chronic when you guys say removed the top, do you mean mouth piece or the Top section?

And when removing the top did you notice the coil being unscrewed?

@elmoe420 what settings are you using ?

I only removed the mouthpiece to refill the tank. I didn't notice the coil being unscrewed. Does the coil come out of the regular tank? When I removed the tank from the battery I noticed the leak.

Puffin_Chronic,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I only removed the mouthpiece to refill the tank. I didn't notice the coil being unscrewed. Does the coil come out of the regular tank? When I removed the tank from the battery I noticed the leak.

Are you having an issue with the XL or regular tank?

@Roth if you have the XL please let me know.

Are you having an issue with the XL or regular tank?

@Roth if you have the XL please let me know.

I have 2 regular tanks. BOTH have leaked. I was asking if the problems were resolved in the design of the xl? I am being forced to upgrade, because you won't cover leakage as a warranty issue. So I want to know if I buy the xl, will my distillate leak out of it too?

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
The leaking issue with the Trinity Carts is for all thin oils/ distillates IME. I know w9Tech showed us a video proving that their device is leak free, however in that video the device is not hooked up to a battery if I recall correctly. I have to wonder how much leak testing they did before-during and under a heated loaded cart.

I find that the cart only leaked after the flooding issue as well. The flooding issue I found comes from the oil becoming so thin under heat that it runs up the chimney as well as out the air intake. It is likely that it is running from the residual heat in the SiC material. I found turning the device horizontally immediately after a quick cool down hit made this problem seem to go away in my OG Trinity cart, however with the 2 additional intake holes and the shelf on the XL trinity it was clear to see that this method improved things but I was still ending up with a little oil on the shelf, hence the device would leak out of whatever hole was facing downward at the time of its horizontal rest.

My recommendation is to thicken up the material by adding shatter or thicker concentrate to it.

maxymods

The leaking issue with the Trinity Carts is for all thin oils/ distillates IME. I know w9Tech showed us a video proving that their device is leak free, however in that video the device is not hooked up to a battery if I recall correctly. I have to wonder how much leak testing they did before-during and under a heated loaded cart.

I find that the cart only leaked after the flooding issue as well. The flooding issue I found comes from the oil becoming so thin under heat that it runs up the chimney as well as out the air intake. It is likely that it is running from the residual heat in the SiC material. I found turning the device horizontally immediately after a quick cool down hit made this problem seem to go away in my OG Trinity cart, however with the 2 additional intake holes and the shelf on the XL trinity it was clear to see that this method improved things but I was still ending up with a little oil on the shelf, hence the device would leak out of whatever hole was facing downward at the time of its horizontal rest.

My recommendation is to thicken up the material by adding shatter or thicker concentrate to it.
Are you still having success with shatter in your tank? Wondering if it’s worth giving it a try when my replacement coils come.

Hey, you seem to have some experience with using this thing.
I've tried 2 different distillates, 1st w/terps, 2nd straight clear...

The terps made it flow better at room temp, but even the thick straight distillate thins a lot when heated.
I've seen videos with people using ejuice in this thing, I have no idea how that doesn't leak, but my thick distillate does.
I bought this thing specifically for distillate, because I use it daily. Its my on the go smoking preference. So the leaking means I cant put it in my pocket.
Unfortunately, I'm forced to buy the xl if I ever want to use the $80 battery I'm stuck with. I really hope I can try it the way you're using it, maybe turning it horizontal it the solution....

But seriously, W9tech, did you test the cart after heating it up? I'm completely baffled as to why you say it works for distillates, but you say you should add terps to make it run better, yet the thinner the material, the more it leaks... I've put straight clear in it, high quality, thick corn syrup like distillate, and it still leaked. WTF?

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Are you still having success with shatter in your tank? Wondering if it’s worth giving it a try when my replacement coils come.
I have an OG tank that I thickened up this way and it worked well. I cannot remember if it did conpletely rectify the problem or not. Perhaps I can try it in a few when I go on lunch. The XL i filled with rosin and shatter has no distillate or terps added and I do not have flooding issues or leaking issues. In fact, I have to be careful not to take more than 3 back to back hits or I will start to get wispy hits due to the heater not being fed quick enough.

Were talking two very different materials here. Distillate gets heated to a water like base in no time and wax/rosin/shatter take much more heat so by the time the heater has been saturated the rest of the material has started to bubble and run away from the heater (you can actually see the rosin bubble and hot air spots are created at the bottom of the outside of the coil which pushes the rosin up the filled chamber making it look like I have more than I did before my hit) whereas distillate that has been heated to a water base has no option but to follow gravity.

I think the manufacturer, W9tech, should put out definitive info on what materials should be used in this vape. When you say all free flowing at room temp, that is incredibly broad.

If it can't handle thinner liquids without leaking, SAY SO! If it was meant only for rosin or shatter SAY SO!

Sorry if I come across a bit rude, but man, having so much distillate leak and be lost while testing the tanks, I ask myself "didn't this company test this thing before selling it?, why the hell am I testing it for them?"

So it sounds like the trinity just cant handle distillate.

elmoe420

I think the manufacturer, W9tech, should put out definitive info on what materials should be used in this vape. When you say all free flowing at room temp, that is incredibly broad.

If it can't handle thinner liquids without leaking, SAY SO! If it was meant only for rosin or shatter SAY SO!

Sorry if I come across a bit rude, but man, having so much distillate leak and be lost while testing the tanks, I ask myself "didn't this company test this thing before selling it?, why the hell am I testing it for them?"

So it sounds like the trinity just cant handle distillate.

FWIW I am 4g deep only using distillate with added terps (extremely thin when heated) and no leaks. Chimney flooding yes but that hasn't led to any leakage for me. I can also power though the flooding in wattage mode. I just really want to use TC. That is one of the key selling points of the Trinity over other distillate carts.

FWIW I am 4g deep only using distillate with added terps (extremely thin when heated) and no leaks. Chimney flooding yes but that hasn't led to any leakage for me. I can also power though the flooding in wattage mode. I just really want to use TC. That is one of the key selling points of the Trinity over other distillate carts.

Here is the thing though, I have the Trinity Kit, including the Bubbleman battery, you are using a modbox I assume? I own an alien smok, never used it though, do you think the mods are better as a battery source than the bubbleman battery? I honestly don't know, I'm more accustomed to herbal vapes, so its all new to me.

Can you walk me through the settings you have on your mod? Maybe I can do the same on my smok and see if there is a difference. The chimney clogging was an issue i had too.\I don't think the bubbleman battery pre heats up like the mods do, maybe that is an issue?

elmoe420

Here is the thing though, I have the Trinity Kit, including the Bubbleman battery, you are using a modbox I assume? I own an alien smok, never used it though, do you think the mods are better as a battery source than the bubbleman battery? I honestly don't know, I'm more accustomed to herbal vapes, so its all new to me.

Can you walk me through the settings you have on your mod? Maybe I can do the same on my smok and see if there is a difference. The chimney clogging was an issue i had too.\I don't think the bubbleman battery pre heats up like the mods do, maybe that is an issue?

Yes I am using a box mod. When the chimney flooded I just powered through it in straight wattage mode, no preheat. I use 19w and pulse 3 secs. I would be careful at that power though. Remember to use short pulses. Start inhaling for a few seconds before your first pulse and keep inhaling several seconds after your last pulse.

florduh

@THC SCIENTIFIC I'm a recent owner of the Trinity XL. I haven't had any issues yet using it in Temp Control. However, these recent reports are concerning me. While I love the performance of the XL, if it isn't reliable over the long term, I'll be disappointed.

Given that, would you be able to list some "best practices" to keep the XL from leaking or flooding?

Thanks in advance.

florduh

Well, I fucked myself. Encountering the same flooded chimney issue. Was using it on TCR 352 15-16 watts.

Distillate that barely moves at room temperature.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Ok now lets start answering questions and concerns.

I have 2 regular tanks. BOTH have leaked. I was asking if the problems were resolved in the design of the xl? I am being forced to upgrade, because you won't cover leakage as a warranty issue. So I want to know if I buy the xl, will my distillate leak out of it too?

The original Trinity tanks and the XL share the same heater in fact its almost the same on the center pole. There is a few things that can cause the leaking issue.

1. Oil mixture with terpenes that is causing pressure and pushing the oil out
  2. During the filling the glass was moved and causing it to create a gap between the orings
  3. Not enough cool down hits ( remember the tank houses a 14 watt heater )
  4. Manufacturers defect ( Maybe it was from the first run you go your tank from )
But in general we dont see leaking issues with the XL then we do of the regular. We are trying to make things better with each production run.

@nosmoking You are correct the flooding issue happens when chain vaping the tank and not cooling it down between hits. When the oil is to thin it just fills the vaporization chamber, proper cool down is needed.

@Puffin_Chronic we have tested the carts and have sold thousands of them some do leak like i said but most can be attributed to user error. Its being able to tame the beast and i understand your pain, please pm me your order number let me see when it was ordered maybe you did get the first run of the tanks.

@florduh Are you inhaling then pushing the button and keep on inhaling after letting go of the button?

florduh

how many hits do you do before you start cooling it down? and how long are these hits?

Most of the time I do a quick 3-4 second cool down after each 8 second hit.

Once or twice I took a short 4 second hit, 2 second cool down, followed by an 8 second hit and 4 second cooldown.

I'm not chain puffing on it. A whole "session" is never more than 3-4 hits total. And usually, 1 or two.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Most of the time I do a quick 3-4 second cool down after each 8 second hit.

Once or twice I took a short 4 second hit, 2 second cool down, followed by an 8 second hit and 4 second cooldown.

I'm not chain puffing on it. A whole "session" is never more than 3-4 hits total. And usually, 1 or two.

Are you using a mod or the bubbleman battery?

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom