1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Gear Bubbleman Trinity Tank

Discussion in 'Concentrates' started by Accept, Oct 15, 2017.

1. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

Should allow thicker oils to seep in and wick easier to reduce the chance of dry firing.

tennisguru1 and StormyPinkness like this.
  2. THC SCIENTIFIC

THC SCIENTIFIC To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before Manufacturer

In theory i can make it work but i would not say its going to work to the general public. Its going to take precise control of the unit and some outside help to get it going at first. You would need to have some movement of the oil at room temperature to reduce the frustrations of it.

In other words i would say do not do it as at least a drop of Terpenes is needed to loosen it up.

The 1.5mm hole coils are used for a little thicker oils that need some extra room to absorb at same rate as thinner oils that work with 1.0mm holes.

The other coils we are also testing is the 6 x 1.0 mm to see how it works for the power user. We shall see how it works.

3. invertedisdead

@THC SCIENTIFIC had an idea for a while about slotted/grooved intakes versus the round hole design, you guys tried anything like this? My thoughts with slots is they could potentially wrap around the center post for more intake surface area

4. THC SCIENTIFIC

we have tried on early designs its a bit of an issue but working on it. Original design had slots so we are still thinking about it.

5. Puffin_Chronic

Puffin_Chronic New Member

Just bought a Trinity kit yesterday. Was using thc distillate w/terps, flowed freely at room temp, but even the warmth of your hand made it flow fast.
    Anyway, first half tank of use was ok, no big clouds, but I got hits. Then it starts clogging and bubbling on inhale. AND, it leaked completely. All over the pen battery, all over the bottom of the tank.

Are the regular tanks prone to leakage? If so, why are they still being sold? I had no option to try the xl, and I bought a spare regular tank with my kit. So now it looks like I'm out the money for the kit AND a spare tank.

I'd love some help as to what I can do... Really wanted to like this unit, I love distillate, but man, it ain't cheap, and its hard to watch it wasted by leaking...

6. maxymods

maxymods New Member

Your oil may be too thin, other people in the beginning of this thread were saying that there trinity was liking more thicker oils

StormyPinkness and tennisguru1 like this.
  7. Puffin_Chronic

No its thick. Its kinda slow flowing until you warm it with your hands.

StormyPinkness and tennisguru1 like this.
  8. invertedisdead

Thin oils shouldn't be a problem as @THC SCIENTIFIC posted a video using it with 100% e-juice.

Are you doing cool down hits?

9. Puffin_Chronic

Yeah, like I'll start inhaling, press the button and hold for 4-6 sec, and keep inhaling for a bit. Even after the hit, I'd inhale a bit again to clear whats left or prevent clogging.
    Not many instructions around on the correct way to hit it. I though holding the button down for 12 sec was for a hot dab, 4 for low temp. I've never tried the high temp hit as I heard about the tank getting hot, and didnt want to burn away distillate when not hitting it.

10. THC SCIENTIFIC

I do apologize, please submit a ticket and we will get you up and running ASAP.

Due to the nature of the beast and not using any silicon or cotton to seal things off we have to make sure all parts are fitted perfectly. Once in a while we might have a tank that has the SiC not seated right.

But please contact us support@w9tech.com and we will be happy to fix issue.

tennisguru1 and StormyPinkness like this.
  11. nosmoking

nosmoking Fogmonger

Anyone know how to use escribe to set up a TCR profile for the XL Trinity? I have had good success with minor leaking on my Evic VTC Mini 2 w/ TCR 200 at 400F and 14.4 max watts. However my new Vapedroid S-Body C3D1 w/ DNA 250 is so confusing because you cant set a custom TCR from the device. You have to use Escribe on a PC and the custom settings are done differently. Instead of using a TCR of 600 for Ni it uses a number like .00657 or something.

There is a website where you can insert all the wire build info and build a material profile to insert into Escribe and then into the S-Body but I dont know the specs of this wire/coil? http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.html

tennisguru1 and florduh like this.
  12. THC SCIENTIFIC

@nosmoking tcr should be 352, I know @OF has been using 400 as the setting but if you are using TCR you can bump watts up to 16-18.

Hope this helps.

13. nosmoking

nosmoking Fogmonger

I was in tune to that conversation but somehow I mixed it up with another. I think I mixed it up with the Amigo L9 discussion or whatever. I have not officially retired my Amigos but I can see the XL easily taking over. I have one XL cart with CO2 oil I removed from a prefilled cart that I have been running all week on the settings I mention in my last post and it has been working great and is tastiest way to vape these CO2 oils so far. I have a another XL cart that I shoved shatter and rosin into when they were frozen and then put the cart in front of a heater for a few minutes to make it all settle. I have only tried this cart several times but it also seems to work pretty well. I bet fine tuning my TC settings will help improve performance but its pretty good as it is. Both carts did require some heatsoaking initially by pumping 11 watts into them for a few 4 second hits without pulling but once the heater absorbed sone of the concentrates it was good to go in TC mode even from a cold start.

I also must mention the thinner CO2 oil does leak out the intake holes. It is barely noticeable as I do practice cool off hits but there is a light trail of oil on the shelf where the intake holes are after an entire week of use so thats not bad considering its not even one hit worth probably.

A TCR of 352 makes a lot more sense than 200. My research has told me that Ti2 should have a TCR of 352 or 353 and Ti1 should be about 360. This should help me fine tune the TC on my Vapedroid C3D1. I should be able to use the Ti setting it already has if nothing else!

THC SCIENTIFIC and florduh like this.
  14. nosmoking

nosmoking Fogmonger

I am running some stable shatter mixed with relatively stable rosin into an XL cart and I am running it at 16 watts on TCR Ti1 and it hits great! No leaks, no additives, no burnt or dead hits and no cool down hits required so far.

invertedisdead likes this.
  15. invertedisdead

With no terpenes added?

nosmoking likes this.
  16. nosmoking

nosmoking Fogmonger

Absolutely none! I froze 1/2 gram of shatter and then strategically shattered it into slivers of wax. This made it easy to install with the top lid assembly removed. I then let it sit in front of an electric space heater for a minute or two so all the shatter would settle. The shatter was still requiring a preheat and by the time I got the heater saturated I was getting just below the upper feeding holes so I decided to add about 1/2 gram of straight rosin. I added the rosin using the same process as I did for the shatter. My tank is more than half filled and it is ripping!

17. scy123

scy123 Well-Known Member

Do you have to heat it up before you vape it? Or does it work with room temp shatter?

I'm very doubtful it will work with pure shatter at room temp.

18. nosmoking

nosmoking Fogmonger

Its pure shatter/rosin at room temp with no preheat. There was an initial preheat to get the heater saturated in wax but now that it is I can touch the button and see vapor instantly. I was out in the garage testing last night from cold start of 40F and required no preheat. Once that heater is saturated there is no time required to feed the heater so it instantly produces vapor and starts warming up the rest of the shatter/rosin so it can keep the heater from going dry. I don't even have the 1.5 mm intake holes, this is just the standard heater with 1 mm holes.

mixchu69, florduh and invertedisdead like this.
  19. scy123

scy123 Well-Known Member

Very nice, I have got to try it on my setup (I use a different tank) sometimes. I tried thick stuff but never solid stuff before.

florduh likes this.
  20. florduh

florduh Well-Known Member

I wonder if it would work with straight distillate as well. The "THC Clear" stuff has terpenes added back in, but is pretty solid at room temp.

21. THC SCIENTIFIC

TeamGreenOnline likes this.
  22. Tomfool86

Tomfool86 Member

I've run straight unterped distillate in my reg trinity cart and it handles it better than I could have imagined. I'm really impressed with this cart.

23. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

After some re-fills (3 or 4, I can't remember), the vapor production decreased a lot, I checked connexions and battery level without any improvement, there is still 1/3 of the tank fillet. Airflow is perfect but I think oil can't reach the heater (I think hits are slightly "dry"). Is it time for a whole cleaning?

24. THC SCIENTIFIC

Could be time for a cleaning, you are sure the battery is charged?

Or one thing is common with most tanks is air is trapped between the oil and the SiC which means you have to warm up the air and pull the air bubble out.

this can be accomplished by warming the tank up, unscrewing the mouth piece half way, unscrewing the tank from the battery, putting your finger over the hole on the mouth piece and inhaling from the bottom air holes to pull the oil into the SiC, Make sense?

PPN likes this.
  25. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

I'll try your trick but since I don't use distillate but mainly homemade shatter or rosin and even winterized reclaim maybe this is only time for a cleaning.

Ordered a XL cart from @TeamGreenOnline (and some stuff for my sr-74)!

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors