Brilliant Cut Grinder

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I've been asking for a magnetic threadless grinder for as long as I can remember. I was happy, but cautious, when I first heard about this grinder.

Now, seeing the company communicating and responding to our thoughts here, has added exponentially to my interest in this grinder. I've collected a few, but it's time for one more!

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
The Brilliant Cut Grinder arrived today and I am beyond impressed. The build quality is incredible. It has a nice weight to it, you can feel the craftsmanship. I put a load of purple punch thru it and it ground it like a champ. Silky smooth action, perfect medium grind. No clogs or hitching. No threads is a godsend. The emerald feels like a chaos emerald from the old sonic games. It ripped thru a load of sour glue with crazy efficiency as well. I'm going to hit up a couple shops tomorrow and seek out their stickiest wares to really give her hell. My first impressions are overwhelmingly positive.
More to come, after some more testing.
m7407b.jpg

2jepcea.jpg

b3la35.jpg

szai

I got mine today as well! I'm enjoying the fruits of it's labors right now! I'm very impressed by this prototype. The magnetic design is a killer feature! It's hard to belabor this point I'm. I loved my gr8tr despite the flaws. This by virtue of their magnetic design doesn't have the same flaws. That flaw was loose plates because of the threads. This made it more difficult to grind. I've posted some pics on IG.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnCc_8cloG8/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=2ottuce0sci4

szai

Don't mind me...just sitting here, being jealous of the testers.

No need for jealousy bro you're going to be able to get one soon! This thing's production ready but brilliant cut has made over 100 protos so who knows how much beta testing they do.

It feels great in the hand. Feels gemlike the quality is incredible the design is fabulous! The grind is great and they seem to only be improving their grind quality!

I'm trying to make sure when we buy the production models, it's as well tested as I could make it. I'm ready to buy a production model myself after getting it in hand. I'll take more photos today and do some testing!

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
How small do you have to break up those dense, sticky buds? The inside surface is so smooth looking, it really does look high end. The best thing they did was get on here and get feedback from the community. Awesome product from people we can speak with and give direct feedback to right here on the forums. The anticipation builds lol Seriously though, but not seriously, how much more can the design be perfected? :p

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
How small do you have to break up those dense, sticky buds? The inside surface is so smooth looking, it really does look high end. The best thing they did was get on here and get feedback from the community. Awesome product from people we can speak with and give direct feedback to right here on the forums. The anticipation builds lol Seriously though, but not seriously, how much more can the design be perfected? :p
Those 4 big chunks you see in my picture were it. I generally break it up a bit more when im grinding, but i thought go big or go home for the first grind, and it handled it like a champ.

szai

In this bowl I did not break up the bud any further. I usually don't.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnCc_8cloG8/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1ndnhtvnjv9p1

lazylathe

Almost there...
It's really great seeing other Beta testers get their grinders and have the same or better results than my V1 Beta!
Loving the anodized colors, they look very sleek and beautiful.

Now the fun starts! Use the @Grinders for Life for 2 weeks and then try your threaded grinder again! This grinder is just so well thought out and designed!

If anything ever happens to one of mine, I will be buying a replacement at full price!
These would also be awesome gifts for smokers or vaporists!!
Just in time for X-Mas!!

steama

It's really great seeing other Beta testers get their grinders and have the same or better results than my V1 Beta!
Loving the anodized colors, they look very sleek and beautiful.

Now the fun starts! Use the @Grinders for Life for 2 weeks and then try your threaded grinder again! This grinder is just so well thought out and designed!

If anything ever happens to one of mine, I will be buying a replacement at full price!
These would also be awesome gifts for smokers or vaporists!!
Just in time for X-Mas!!
Lazy, you are one hell of a salesman. I'm ready to buy! :nod:

szai

Lazy, you are one hell of a salesman. I'm ready to buy! :nod:

Yeah I don't want to use other designs anymore after just one use of the brilliant cut grinder! A premium grinder that actually is a premium design!

I need to demonstrate this more thoroughly! They have cracked grinder design! No threads forevever fam! #ntff

Last edited:

seriousTone

I’m glad I’ve never gotten sucked into the whole grinder rabbit hole and have only ever purchased the magic flight finishing grinder and a regular off amazon because this sounds like a buy once and never have to think of buying another grinder again.

The initial $80 hit is gonna hurt though. Was that the price or am I imagining that anyway?

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I can't wait to get my hands on this grinder either. It looks to take care of any issue I've had with a grinder. No threads. No gunking up on the outside edge, smooth operation all the way through. Consistent grind with changeable plates. Looks like you can just cram some bud in, and turn!

All that, plus a homegrown North American company. The community involvement and response to feedback/criticism has been phenomenal too.

@Grinders for Life any chance of a pre-order with a little price break for us here on FC?

And that green looks gorgeous!

The initial $80 hit is gonna hurt though. Was that the price or am I imagining that anyway?

I have a vague memory of them saying they were aiming for a price point of $100 CAD, $75 USD. Not sure if that's still the target price though.

steama

I’m glad I’ve never gotten sucked into the whole grinder rabbit hole and have only ever purchased the magic flight finishing grinder and a regular off amazon because this sounds like a buy once and never have to think of buying another grinder again.

$80 smackers...need to think now. Maybe, maybe not. Most likely...hehe.

:haw:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@pxl_jockey

You are not the only one holding a grudge against me and the KannaStor...
At the time, it was an awesome grinder and still is today.
Unfortunately the @Grinders for Life blows the KannaStor away for the exact reasons you mention.

Bro, dear sir, kind friend- In no way do I begrudge you for the GR8TR, it’s been great for me especially when made into 3-piece config., no complaints other than those mentioned PLUS the stupid extra T in the name. I have silently blessed you many times for that tip, you’re aces @lazylathe in my book!
:leaf: And now, you’ve brought this jewel to my attention! The grinder for LIFE! I love you! :leaf:
The Brilliant Grinder though is a next-level, stunningly beautiful (sexy even!) piece of machined metal. Even in pics, the quality is easy to see; can’t wait to hold one myself. I’m happy to wait and sooo grateful that @Grinders for Life is not rushing to market, taking the time to refine before the big rollout. Getting feedback from a variety of users (and members here) with a variety of materials beforehand makes so much sense. Yet so many companies these days seem happy to have customers paying for the privilege to beta-test. :rolleyes: This is the grinder of my dreams, the 3-piece that didn’t exist. Until now!

:clap: :bowdown: Thanks so much @Grinders for Life for doing this thing the right way! :tup: :clap:
AND thanks for liking my earlier post, that means that we’re friends for life now! :haw:

EDIT: $99 CAD so whatever the exchange is when you buy it.
Unless you live in Canada.
Then it’s just $99.

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
So I asked for the stickiest, worst on the grinder weed they had at a local shop, and i was presented with some Gelato. The fine plate ground it with laughable ease. A beautiful fine grind. There are some pictures and a video so you can see the consistancy of the fine plate, but I am frustrated with tiny pic, so im just gonna leave a link to the ig post. Cheers!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnEzs2klh6G/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=eegt70rrqq21

Last edited:

steama

So I asked for the stickiest, worst on the grinder weed they had at a local shop, and i was presented with some Gelato. The fine plate ground it with laughable ease. A beautiful fine grind. There are some pictures and a video so you can see the consistancy of the fine plate, but I am frustrated with tiny pic, so im just gonna leave a link to the ig post. Cheers!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnEzs2klh6G/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=eegt70rrqq21
If you ground longer or upside down would be a more fine grind? Your images are a solid medium coarse grind. I prefer my grind a noticeable amount more fine than your example.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
If you ground longer or upside down would be a more fine grind?

One thing I do I know is that I do NOT want a grinder that I have to use upside-down to get the grind I want. In my experience, it always gunks up the grinder quickly.

If I feel like I have to upside-down grind with a 3+ piece grinder, then the grinder was not made to produce the grind I want.

Top Bottom