Boundless Tera

Manity

Well that didn't work... What is a good site to host the image. Not an expert here lol
15XfAeaXnzUxexL9os08cBOb4GagWGfAPXq6QJtk6Jk

15XfAeaXnzUxexL9os08cBOb4GagWGfAPXq6QJtk6Jk

Manity,

Manity

Here is the picture of my dirty modified mouthpiece with the Argo Stem, when I clean it tomorrow I'll take a picture of it disassembled

20190108-170341.jpg

Last edited:

Manity

The exact one that came with the original Tera mouthpiece that was attached to the glass part. Fits perfectly between the Argo Stem and the magnetic holder. The mouthpiece then fits perfectly into the Argo Stem of you want that extra length...

Manity

Correct ... Install that over the top end and push it between the Stem and the magnetic holder. The silicone base is a perfect seal around the Stem and it's perfect ...

I have a solo and the Argo stems just work better

wisausnk

No condenser makes it a bit hard to maintain that is why I keep my longer wooden Ed's stem for 'Special Occasions' :tup:

I use iso to clean the stem from inside with a cotton swab and than hot water to clean the iso off. After that a little woodwax and good to go

I didn't guess, I read the instruction manual, the port is for charging.:myday:
I wouldn't use the internal charging, I compared charging in the Terra vs charging in a 18650 charger and charged in the charger the cells hold twice as long.

Last edited by a moderator:

yankeetokeniner

I just got my Tera v3 a 4 days ago... seems to still be very stinky. It's definitely the plastic/rubberized coating. Smells like burnt plastic.
Smell seems to be strong on the inside of the unit and I get the taste/smell when unit is powered on or off(stronger when on)....outside plastic seems to be less smelly than when new.

Does the smell ever go away completely?

yankeetokeniner,
Reactions: LesPlenty

SpudBob

mine had smell for a few days. Now gone! I did a few burn offs with ABV and thoroughly cleaned the Mouthpieces. I now have a Ed's TNT MP that, for me, eliminated the rest of the smell. I, really, believe most of the smell is from the silicone in the mouthpieces . The mold release agents used to remove the silicone pieces from the injection molds they use during production, I believe ,are the culprits. Be patient.... I've had other vapes that did the same and took a while to season!

yankeetokeniner

I've done several burnoffs already(like 5 heat cycles to 500f) and probably about 8 loads.(365f-390f)

I haven't cleaned the mouthpiece but I can tell the smell is coming from within the unit. The mouthpiece smell/silicone is nothing compared to what I am currently smelling.

I'll give it a few more days/week to see if it improves. Just wanted some reassurance the smell goes away completley or mostly.

is the smell you/anyone reading had a "sharp", kind of burnt but new plastic smell? Im used to new plastic smells especially of this rubberized coating type but my tera seems to be strong and really taking it's time to fade away.

I have found that my S&B Crafty/Mighty screens fit the Tera without falling out.

currently i've only tried a coarse screen on top of the OEM screen/disc. I plan to try a single fine/normal Crafty screen by itself in the future but need to order some. For now the OEM on bottom..coarse Crafty screen on top...no falling out.

Last edited by a moderator:

TNT_error

I swear I saw it somewhere, but I'm a bit medicated atm and can not find it lol, but what are some screens that fit snug in the bowl?

Thanks

TNT_error,
Reactions: LesPlenty

yankeetokeniner

I swear I saw it somewhere, but I'm a bit medicated atm and can not find it lol, but what are some screens that fit snug in the bowl?

Thanks

Mighty/Crafty..read my post above yours. My replies were consolidated into one message.

On my Terra the smell went away after 2-3 weeks.

thanks.. yeah the way it was going I thought 2weeks to 1 month or never.

I ended up doing a little disassembly to see if there was something burning or out of place. (and I was also curious is the air intake was sealed from inside air(it is for most part))
I was able to get pretty much all the plastic housing apart besides the top/screen housing.
Cleaned the plastic housing pieces with dishsoap and toothbrush with a final straight tap water scrub..smell is pretty much gone...Tera put back together easily.

Iam not a product designer but the Tera is put together pretty well on the inside.
Not sure why the plastic smells so bad but I suspect it wasn't able to "cure"/off gas when manufactured/packaged/etc.

If anyone has a smelly Tera with the nasty smell....it might be worth it to slightly disassemble to air it out.
This can be done by taking off the bottom cap with 4 screws..taking bottom cap off(2 springs are loose and a plastic spring guide/holder...The rubber air intake gasket might stick on the air tube or come off with bottom cover)...clean bottom cover and air intake gasket, place small fan facing inside unit to air it out.

20190114_001631_zpsn7k4siru.jpg

wisausnk

Mighty/Crafty..read my post above yours. My replies were consolidated into one message.

thanks.. yeah the way it was going I thought 2weeks to 1 month or never.

I ended up doing a little disassembly to see if there was something burning or out of place. (and I was also curious is the air intake was sealed from inside air(it is for most part))
I was able to get pretty much all the plastic housing apart besides the top/screen housing.
Cleaned the plastic housing pieces with dishsoap and toothbrush with a final straight tap water scrub..smell is pretty much gone...Tera put back together easily.

Iam not a product designer but the Tera is put together pretty well on the inside.
Not sure why the plastic smells so bad but I suspect it wasn't able to "cure"/off gas when manufactured/packaged/etc.

If anyone has a smelly Tera with the nasty smell....it might be worth it to slightly disassemble to air it out.
This can be done by taking off the bottom cap with 4 screws..taking bottom cap off(2 springs are loose and a plastic spring guide/holder...The rubber air intake gasket might stick on the air tube or come off with bottom cover)...clean bottom cover and air intake gasket, place small fan facing inside unit to air it out.

20190114_001631_zpsn7k4siru.jpg

Yep that was also my thoughts that this coating and the silicone smells that bad and they get packed before the smell from that is gone. So it gets inside and it takes some time to disappear

SpudBob

I, honestly, believe it is the mold release agents used to allow the pieces to be easily pulled from their molds after production. Thats the stuff you cleaned off the housing. As most have said, it wears off after using the unit for a while. Might be a good idea to do what you did and clean the inside of the housing. Also leaving the parts out in the sun helps too!

wisausnk

I like to fill both the oven and Ed's stem for a longer sesh.:tup: I don't really like the small load size when using the capsules from S&B but it is always good to have options!

Yeah i use the terra only if I need a stash like sauna day and with the capsules prefilled it's the stralthiest way. Otherwise I use my punch and glow all the time

Petunia Vanish

New to the forum.

looking to purchase tera or cf (until crx2.0 comes out)

My (haze square never worked) now out of business.

Vapir prima out of business.

Any help on newbie cf tera tricks tips helpful info learned thru tge 100 pages here

Petunia Vanish,
Reactions: BigJr48
Top Bottom