Boundless Tera

mesitisg

Hate sounding negative but.... I got my v3 yesterday and did all the prep work.

Washed mouthpieces, silicone gaskets, wpa, screens in high grade iso alcohol and then did 5 full heat up cycles in concentrade mode to burn of oils and any manufucturing residue.

Then I took several puff without any herbs in the bowl. The taste & smell of plastic in the draw is too much for me. I tried going through several more heat cycles but the taste and smell is still there..

I decided to sent it back and get something else, prob an Air II.

I am not trying to burst anyone's buble. Just sharing my experience and thoughts. :shrug:

roncruiser

Hate sounding negative but.... I got my v3 yesterday and did all the prep work.

Washed mouthpieces, silicone gaskets, wpa, screens in high grade iso alcohol and then did 5 full heat up cycles in concentrade mode to burn of oils and any manufucturing residue.

Then I took several puff without any herbs in the bowl. The taste & smell of plastic in the draw is too much for me. I tried going through several more heat cycles but the taste and smell is still there..

I decided to sent it back and get something else, prob an Air II.

I am not trying to burst anyone's buble. Just sharing my experience and thoughts. :shrug:

I got mine yesterday too! The smell is there. I know what you're talking about. Though, I think you gave up on it prematurely. You cannot force the smell to go away in a matter of days. I'll report back over the weeks but I believe the smell will slowly disappear over a matter of some time. It's like new car smell. Everything is fresh and brand spanking new. The component or components will off-gas at a rate that cannot be controlled. Eventually the smell or taste will go away. Just not as fast as most folks want.

I've been heat cycling mine as well. I'm in no rush to use it. I have an Argo Solo II stem on the way for the mod.

I'll check in on occasion with some updates or questions for the experienced Tera users!

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Sorry, that also isn't my way. Deep cleaning with iso, some heat cycles for burn-offs, around 10 disgusting bowls and it still stinks and tastes awful. I'm done with it. It has a great performance but others do it the same or even better and I don't want to vaporize my brand new car interior.

roncruiser

I tried the Arizer Solo stem mod following the above directions.

To get the silver part out I ended up using a rubber handle of a hammer over a light socket. The Solo stem didn't fit at first until I warmed up the plastic part. Very impressed with the result!

Which silver part on what part is being referred to above? Is it the piece with the glass mouthpiece? Which way does it get hammered or pushed out? Through the black gasket side or the glass tube side? Anyone have photo to post for reference? I have my Arizer Solo 2 stem arriving tomorrow. I want to be prepared...

Some of the user feedback/mods on this thread are golden. Perhaps a separate thread for Tera mods?

A great idea. All the mods are scattered all over the thread. Many of the photos are no longer accessible.

Last edited:

roncruiser

Or just reply to the post and it works there....

Finally...this worked for me.

Hopefully, you can see your photo I posted below.
So, the black gasket shown in your photo, below, is the original black gasket pushed inside the inverted adapter and tucked in snug around the edges.

Got it! Worked well. Practical...functional.
rciukkB.jpg

Last edited:

roncruiser

Can anyone share the how-to for the other mod. The mod with the glass mouthpiece removal. WPA with Solo 2 stem mod airflow is restrictive. Only because of the adapter.

roncruiser,
Reactions: BigJr48

fattyboombatty

Anyone know about the details of this mod they can share?

I know that the mouthpiece has been mentioned previously in this thread - but I'm not really sure what it refers to.

I can confirm that the Arizer stems will only fit through the hole up to the point where they widen to the dosing chamber. Therefore they don't fit in correctly, nor snugly - picture here
https://imgur.com/a/VsQjkU0

Last edited:
Top Bottom