Boundless Tera

If I open the package, I can't return it for a full refund according to Cream City Vapes. Honestly they're kind of sketchy as a company from what I read on Reddit, plus they're ignoring me lol. I am never dealing with Cream City again after this.

I take back that Cream City vapes isn't sketchy. Owner Dan is pretty down to earth and is helping me get the vape return going.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I take back that Cream City vapes isn't sketchy. Owner Dan is pretty down to earth and is helping me get the vape return going

The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

So, when will the Teflon free units be available and what will be used as a shock absorber instead?

LesPlenty,

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Huh, my apologies, but I was too stoned yesterday to be more precise with my feedback.
After numerous bowls, my initial judgement changed a bit. Here is a summary:

- Easy to load, easy to clean, easy to handle, very sturdy.
- Charges quite fast and battery life is good.
- Vapes the bowl very evenly and completely, without stirring.
- Temperature is reached fast.
- (First robot smell/taste aside) Taste for the first 3 tokes is not bad. But then it becomes dull and it leaves a bytaste for minutes after the session that is not desirable.
- Clouds/Vapor density after the first 3 draws are nice, but not utterly impressive if you don't suck on it for 15sec+
- I like that I can just leave it there after a toke without the herb getting cooked in the bowl. No usage = nearly no loss.
- Very fast extraction, if you want that.
- It gets you stoned.

Overall not a bad device if you fade out all the previous hassle, the tape paranoia and the fact that it really smelled like a horrible plastic vape for the first 3-4 bowls. For many people, the latter will be a real downer and no-no.

However, I don't completely dislike it for the EUR 158,- that I paid for it. But it's nothing too special within my general Vape collection and I would surely not buy it again. Every bowl left me with an unwanted bytaste in my throat at the end of the session (for several minutes) and I had a slight headache that I normally don't have after vaping. Could be the weather change outside, could be the thought about the teflon, but it is there. Not too desirable. I would probably not notice that too much if I would not own several other vapes and if the Tera would be my first vape. But it is not outstanding in comparison.

I must admit that I have several vapes which get me to the same level of medication with 1/2 of the material. I wouldn't call the Tera overly economical. But it is surely great for people who like bigger bowls for fast complete extraction.

And - if anyone knows how to turn off that MASSIVE vibration & the inherent sound, please let me know. I hate it! ;)

For those in fear of the glass mouthpiece during transportation -
The Arizer Air/Solo stem guards fit perfectly:

EFKbNQI.jpg

You can get them here (e.g.):
https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizer_accessoires/vaporizer-parts/arizer-stem-cap-pack/

The Tera itself fits quite well in the official Arizer Solo bag:
https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizer_accessoires/vaporizer-cases/arizer-air-solo-soft-shell-case/

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
Well, I'm gonna wait until the PTFE free version. I guess that's the version that people on the upgrade program will get but, do we know when that will come¿?

b0,
Reactions: BigJr48

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
Well, I'm gonna wait until the PTFE free version. I guess that's the version that people on the upgrade program will get but, do we know when that will come¿?
well we're not just talking about a redesign of a mechanical item like a mouthpiece or battery door, but of an integral component of how the Tera implements convection heating, including probably contributing to the vortex effect (somewhat like the puffco + dart). Not to mention the engineering challenge of either insulating with new material that has a combination of attributes that are likely hard to find, or making the heating element captive relative to the SS coil it sits inside without impacting airflow. IMHO, this will take a decent amount of development and testing so I personally don't expect quick movement...

b0

Cloudy...
well we're not just talking about a redesign of a mechanical item like a mouthpiece or battery door, but of an integral component of how the Tera implements convection heating, including probably contributing to the vortex effect (somewhat like the puffco + dart). Not to mention the engineering challenge of either insulating with new material that has a combination of attributes that are likely hard to find, or making the heating element captive relative to the SS coil it sits inside without impacting airflow. IMHO, this will take a decent amount of development and testing so I personally don't expect quick movement...

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no hurry here. I have plenty of vapes in my rotation, I'm just curious about if they have an estimate time

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Just got the following in an email from Planet of the Vapes (potv):
Boundless has made some crucial improvements to their powerful new convection vape, the Tera. Our new shipment arrived after 4/20, but we want to give you the opportunity to pick it up at that special holiday discount. If you use the voucher code TERA20, we’ll give you 20% off a Tera of your own. This offer is valid until Friday, April 27th.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !

I think you're making the best decision possible as there's just too much uncertainty, I believe, regarding the safety of some of the internal material in this device. Furthermore, I would encourage other potential customers to hold off as well until the ultimate "fix" for this vape can be verified in terms of its safety for human use!

1509131178.jpeg

elykpeace

exVASted
You guys :mental:

Teflon af is rated for higher temps so any concern should be alliviated.

I don't get what the big deal is .. I saw a video of someone that claimed "white smoke" meanwhile I see crumbs all over the unit. My best guess is crumbs made there way into the oven . It was set to 500 so yeah prob see some residue burn off at those temps. Anyone opening the Terra up and seeing if there is any visual degrading going on...

:shrug:

elykpeace,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I think you're making the best decision possible as there's just too much uncertainty, I believe, regarding the safety of some of the internal material in this device. Furthermore, I would encourage other potential customers to hold off as well until the ultimate "fix" for this vape can be verified in terms of its safety for human use!

1509131178.jpeg

You guys :mental:

Teflon af is rated for higher temps so any concern should be alliviated.

I don't get what the big deal is .. I saw a video of someone that claimed "white smoke" meanwhile I see crumbs all over the unit. My best guess is crumbs made there way into the oven . It was set to 500 so yeah prob see some residue burn off at those temps. Anyone opening the Terra up and seeing if there is any visual degrading going on...

:shrug:

We have a thread for this discusssion, please use it. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-use-of-ptfe.26813/

AlpineDad

My new Boundless Tera arrived yesterday from TrueToker.com. And it is definitely a new one - temperature display inverts.

I did five Concentrate setting (260°C) burn offs to get rid of the plastic smell/taste. I also cleaned everything with 99% Isopropyl, including swobbing out the bowl. This took awhile as I was waiting 10-minutes between each burnoff (I was worried that continuous 260°C burns may hurt the unit. And then I needed to recharge the batteries - and that added a couple of hours. This did encourage me to order four new batteries from Amazon (which should be delivered soon).

After the fifth burnoff I finally felt confident to have a bowl - just in time to watch the Maple Leaf vs Boston game. I loaded up a bunch of S&B dosing capsules with 0.125 g of Grapefruit Diesel earlier in the day - and these work! I am going to try removing the rubber part of the mouthpieces when I next use a dosing capsule. With it removed I think the Tera mouthpiece will sit 100% flat. It still works without any leakage - but feels slightly off.

My starting temp was 176°C and every two draws I increased the temperature 185°C, 193°C, and finally 202°C. Huge clouds from the first. And none of Troy’s huge 25-second lung busters, my draws at most are 13-seconds. All nice clouds.

My last three draws were harsh and I thought my ABV would be very dark. Nope. Evenly brown toasted colour. I think these last three draws would much improve through water. My DHGate Mobius is on order and I am looking forward to trying this with the included WPA.

I have not tried the glass mouthpiece. I thought it would be hotter than the plastic mouthpiece but I have read several impressions where people are saying the opposite. Something for my next session.

Overall I am happy. I have only done two full sessions but both were almost identical impressions (exact same amount of bud, same temperature steps). The Tera is going to be a beast through water.

Gforce929

There are a couple of complaints on Reddit of the new Tera off gassing. Here is a example video from the user named "Shortiture":

The Reddit thread can be found here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/8f7azf/discussion_new_tera_still_emits_smokevapor/

Shortiture bought the Tera from Cream City Vapes. While he did not provide proof that this is the new version of the Tera, He did talk to Dan from CCV about the Tera mix up, so I think is safe to say he has a new version of the unit (proof: https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/8dtj5e/boundless_tera_situation/dxqiswn/?context=0).

Another user named "Khelek41girl" Bought her Tera from Puffitup. She has only had the product for four days, but she complained about a "plastic taste and white smoke, when she pulled the smoke in her mouth and exhaled from an empty bowl. She's going to contact PIU for a replacement. Thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/...nyone_who_has_the_new_boundless_tera/dxvzba1/

There is no video evidence of the incident.

User "RodneydWithAlotOfNumbers" claimed he saw no vapor while doing burnoffs at lower temperatures, but he decided to try concentrate mode and that's when the vape started to off gas. Rodney is a man of few words, as the only good info he provided can be found here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/8f6uet/bad_news_guys_my_tera_started_offgassing/dy11pz8/

Rodney Bought his Tera from Cream City. It seems like he was in contact with them about the Tera mix up:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/...creamcityvapes_and_its_the/dxrhi89/?context=1

The final used named Infamous_Wiggles complained about the Tera off gassing on concentrate mode and also at 428 F 2 days ago. I have no clue where he bought it from, but from his post history he's had multiple conversations on the puffitup subreddit, so he might have bought it from there. He provided no other proof. The Thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/...nyone_who_has_the_new_boundless_tera/dxx0oko/

As you can see, our friend Rodney from above replied to Wiggles saying "Mine doesnt (sic) do that". He never expanded upon what he meant by that, but I'm assuming he meant regular use, since in the thread a bit above about Rodney, he claimed he saw off gassing from using concentrate mode for the first time, which happened today.

Mr. Wiggles abruptly stopped posting after his claims and was never seen or heard from again. There have been whispers that he was assassinated by a Boundless rep (just joking mods :p).

Just saw another complain of off gassing from a user named "azsfcsh":

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/...sion_new_tera_still_emits_smokevapor/dy17uc2/

He bought it from True Toker, claims it's the new version:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/...ra_from_creamcityvapes_yet/dxqcpjp/?context=2

So what are your thoughts on these new developments?

Last edited:

Shortiture

Hey folks I just want to be clear that the Tera I posted a video of is actually a new unit from Puffitup. I am still awaiting my replacement Tera from Cream City. I purchased one from Puffitup as soon as I learned that my Cream City order was an older model. I was planning on gifting the Cream City replacement to a close friend, but as of now with the new model emitting smoke/vapor I will be reconsidering.

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
There are a couple of complaints on Reddit of the new Tera off gassing....
So what are your thoughts on these new developments?
I say we find an enterprising volunteer with a gassing unit perform a teardown, pull off the PTFE from the rod, reassemble and test. This of course assumes that the culprit will ensure minimal movement of the rod while in use performing the test, and if this isn't possible, of course don't try it. But it would be interesting - it does seem that Boundless may be in need of some help troubleshooting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom