Boundless Tera

ohmygodimsohigh

VapeCritic pulled this vape out on his latest live stream and it made me turn away from the Tera big time. He was supposed to showcase the whole thing, but stopped because he was not enjoying the vapor. He said the vapor quality was similar to the CFV, had to turn the temps up really high to get any visible clouds and it had a burnt spot when he did so. In addition, when he took his final draw, he made a face that implied "this thing tastes disgusting". He did a comparison with the Haze Square and said the price of that unit and the Tera should be swapped.

I saw that stream!
It seemed like his Tera just didn't perform. I hope he doesn't have a dud

That said - I hope our different opinions do not cause drama or turmoil within the community.
I respect VC and his opinions and I do not want to instigate.

I also put up a quick video update to talk about the Teflon, WPA, and the concentrate pad testing.
The first bong rip is around the 6:00 mark

I saw that stream!
It seemed like his Tera just didn't perform. I hope he doesn't have a dud

That said - I hope our different opinions do not cause drama or turmoil within the community.
I respect VC and his opinions and I do not want to instigate.

I also put up a quick video update to talk about the Teflon, WPA, and the concentrate pad testing.
The first bong rip is around the 6:00 mark

Thanks Troy, your reviews are the best and you're always spot-on when I end up buying the vape myself. The Tera is a total beast.

FC123

I hoped, that the taste would be better and the vape a lot smoother. It gets very hot with the glass mouthpiece. Efficiency is so so, because the bowl is too big. That's what I love about my Vapcap.
You really need to brush the mouthpiece screens, which I find annoying.. Blowing alone is not sufficient.
Best performance with the Tera is through water. Very satisfying big rips. I think the Tera is made with glass in mind (like their glass usage in their live streams). Battery life is really short for two 18650's. Buttons are weird. It's definitely not a bad device, but the price point is too high for its performance. The previous price from namaste was spot on (170€).

Update after writing the above text:
The first bowl I tested it with a smaller amount with the liquid pad beneath, the performance wasn't good. Now I tried a different bowl where I put the material first, then one of the separate screens, which does lay some kind of lid on the concave lower end of the bowl and the concentrate pad for closing the 'screen lid'.
Efficiency is now better but the experience of the extraction is suboptimal. The first hit was actually good, but the hits after were only okay.
I think there is much room for testing with more packing variances.

I think the Tera suits best for people who use it mainly with a full bowl through their rigs, but also want to have the possibility to use it on the go. It is really versatile.

Strakinpak

I hoped, that the taste would be better and the vape a lot smoother. It gets very hot with the glass mouthpiece. Efficiency is so so, because the bowl is too big. That's what I love about my Vapcap.
You really need to brush the mouthpiece screens, which I find annoying.. Blowing alone is not sufficient.
Best performance with the Tera is through water. Very satisfying big rips. I think the Tera is made with glass in mind (like their glass usage in their live streams). Battery life is really short for two 18650's. Buttons are weird. It's definitely not a bad device, but the price point is too high for its performance. The previous price from namaste was spot on (170€).

Update after writing the above text:
The first bowl I tested it with a smaller amount with the liquid pad beneath, the performance wasn't good. Now I tried a different bowl where I put the material first, then one of the separate screens, which does lay some kind of lid on the concave lower end of the bowl and the concentrate pad for closing the 'screen lid'.
Efficiency is now better but the experience of the extraction is suboptimal. The first hit was actually good, but the hits after were only okay.
I think there is much room for testing with more packing variances.

I think the Tera suits best for people who use it mainly with a full bowl through their rigs, but also want to have the possibility to use it on the go. It is really versatile.

As far as cleaning goes, the S&B dosing capsules have kept my bowl really clean!
I dont take monster hits during my session, but I do find that you have to take longer draws to get anything from this vaporizer. That actually adds to the efficiency in my opinion. I dont know how other convection units do it because this is my first convection vape. I dont use a bong either (yet). One note, Ive had multiple times where I finished a session and thought the material would be light brown while it ended up being lightly yellow and green. I dont know if convection is deceiving me. I heard abv from convection is usually greener. I dont think this vape is innefficient.

Edit: Oh, you meant concentrate mode. Mybad!

Last edited:
Strakinpak,
Reactions: BigJr48

Slickwilly

I'm sending back my Tera I just got on 4/20 from PIU, I purchased it as a back up to my Mighty. Its the newest Tera with flip screen.

I didn't know about the recall until after I purchased it and found this forum looking around on the net, I'm new to the vaping world just over a month now.

I charged the batteries and did 4 burn offs at 500* slightly blowing threw intake, it smelled bad and had small bluish puffs come out of bowl, only could see it with flashlight not really under light bulb. It never stopped doing this, did seem to do it less as I went? I even tried it at 428* today before I boxed it up and could get it to do it?

I thought maybe it was my breath just vaporizing as I blew threw it but the bad taste was there when I put MP on and slightly inhaled after it cooled some.

Sent email to PIU and they sent me shipping label to send it back to make sure its ok. Real nice folks there at PIU I'm sure they will figure it out?

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Not so long ago, I said that I won't be an early adopter again. Remember?
Well, I don't know exactly how it happened, but I have received a new unit today.

I obviously wasn't stable and self-controlled enough.
I probably ordered it again because it was so cheap (EUR 158) during the 420 promotion on Vaposhop.
And I was stoned, that's for sure.

My sober Me would never have bought that thing again...
I somehow hate myself for being so impulsive from time to time.

However, cells are charging and I will give it a try again in some hours. Pray for me! :)

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I'm sending back my Tera I just got on 4/20 from PIU, I purchased it as a back up to my Mighty. Its the newest Tera with flip screen.

I didn't know about the recall until after I purchased it and found this forum looking around on the net, I'm new to the vaping world just over a month now.

I charged the batteries and did 4 burn offs at 500* slightly blowing threw intake, it smelled bad and had small bluish puffs come out of bowl, only could see it with flashlight not really under light bulb. It never stopped doing this, did seem to do it less as I went? I even tried it at 428* today before I boxed it up and could get it to do it?

I thought maybe it was my breath just vaporizing as I blew threw it but the bad taste was there when I put MP on and slightly inhaled after it cooled some.

Sent email to PIU and they sent me shipping label to send it back to make sure its ok. Real nice folks there at PIU I'm sure they will figure it out?

This should not happen for sure. That's exactly what happened to the first batch Tera's.. But since you say you have the flip screen option, this can't be the case.
Hope this is just an isolated incident. @PuffItUp will take good care of you!

Last edited:

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Well, I am not too impressed (yet).

I did some burn-ins and at least this time, I saw no blue fumes or other crap coming out of the device while blowing into the air intake.

Still, the unit has a noticeable "new plastic vape" smell that is not gone yet.

Overall, I am neither impressed by the vapor density (even at 210°C), nor the vapor production and especially not by the taste. It's mediocre at best.

You have to rip on it for 15secs+ like Troy does, to archive those clouds. Otherwise it will be rather wispy. Really, I expected way more. I will give it some more tries this evening, but it seems that this odd time, I am more with Bud (Vapecritic) than with Troy. That seldom happens...

But - it's easy to use, fill, empty and all that. Let's see what the evening brings!

/Edit: 1.5 hours later and my feeling abot the Tera is getting better. The bytaste has mostly disappeared after the 3rd bowl and I will update you later on (if I am still able to write, that thing easily holds 0.2-0.5g with each bowl).

Last edited:
Hi all, I just got my Boundless Tera (my first vape) from Cream City vapes and long story short, I found out about the Teflon issue after I bought it (thinking there wouldn't be any problems since the gassing off issue was fixed from first production).

Recently, Cream City Vapes has been ignoring all my calls and emails concerning how to return it to them for full refund (like they promised via email).

I haven't opened/unwrapped the box because I am unsure if I can still return it to Cream City Vapes. I understand that updated units will have 201803 printed on the unit's base, but is there a way to tell without opening the box? I see a sticker on the back that writes "NO. BL082716." I just contacted Boundless and waiting on a response.

Any insight is appreciated. Otherwise I have an expensive paperweight haha. Thinking back I wish I just purchased the Ghost MV1.. since this has turned into a headache.

Thanks,

yeemark123,

BigJr48

Hi all, I just got my Boundless Tera (my first vape) from Cream City vapes and long story short, I found out about the Teflon issue after I bought it (thinking there wouldn't be any problems since the gassing off issue was fixed from first production).

Recently, Cream City Vapes has been ignoring all my calls and emails concerning how to return it to them for full refund (like they promised via email).

I haven't opened/unwrapped the box because I am unsure if I can still return it to Cream City Vapes. I understand that updated units will have 201803 printed on the unit's base, but is there a way to tell without opening the box? I see a sticker on the back that writes "NO. BL082716." I just contacted Boundless and waiting on a response.

Any insight is appreciated. Otherwise I have an expensive paperweight haha. Thinking back I wish I just purchased the Ghost MV1.. since this has turned into a headache.

Thanks,

Boundless has heard the communities concern about the Teflon so there's going to be another version without it releasing soon.

Catweasel

Thanks,
Cream City Vapes encouraged me to open mine and see if it was an old or new model, you shouldn't worry about doing the same. The sure-fire way to tell is apparently to press the raise temperature button 3 times in a row, and if it flips the screen upside down it's the new model. If it doesn't it's the old one.

Cream City Vapes encouraged me to open mine and see if it was an old or new model, you shouldn't worry about doing the same. The sure-fire way to tell is apparently to press the raise temperature button 3 times in a row, and if it flips the screen upside down it's the new model. If it doesn't it's the old one.

If I open the package, I can't return it for a full refund according to Cream City Vapes. Honestly they're kind of sketchy as a company from what I read on Reddit, plus they're ignoring me lol. I am never dealing with Cream City again after this.

Strakinpak

After the recall, and Boundless' continued feedback to the community I'm going to take them by their word. I dont believe a company will do a recall, just to put a harmfull chemical in their product right after. I'm not too happy about the teflon, but I can understand why its there. The engineers put a buffer in there for a reason.
While I dont like playing with my health, from the involvement I've seen from Boundless, I think I can trust their decisions. Given that they shouldve done better with the CFC's mouthpiece.

That being said, does anyone know of a carrying case for this vape?

Strakinpak,

SpudBob

If I open the package, I can't return it for a full refund according to Cream City Vapes. Honestly they're kind of sketchy as a company from what I read on Reddit, plus they're ignoring me lol. I am never dealing with Cream City again after this.
Id return it and buy one from PUFFITUP! They had em for 20% off for 4/20. It may still be but you can ALLWAYS get a 15% discount from them by using PUFFEDUP discount code.Plus you get a free grinder too!!! They are GREAT to deal with and one of the biggest dealers in the world! I had to exchange a vape once and they had it to me in 4 days from the first call to them. NOW thats CS!!!

Last edited:
Id return it and buy one from PUFFITUP! They had em for 20% off for 4/20. It may still be but you can ALLWAYS get a 15% discount from them by using PUFFEDUP discount code. They are GREAT to deal with and one of the biggest dealers in the world!

That was my second plan, once they carry the ghost mv1. I really want to return this Tera right now but like I said, Cream city ignores my calls, and emails. ugh!

yeemark123,

Strakinpak

Sad that you had to go through this... Good however that you gave a heads up about these people

stickstones

Vapor concierge
That was my second plan, once they carry the ghost mv1. I really want to return this Tera right now but like I said, Cream city ignores my calls, and emails. ugh!

I’ve got a dialogue with Cream City on this forum. They just sent you a private message here to take care of you. Look for a little red alert indicator in the top right.

Top Bottom