Boundless Tera

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
It's a beast that is also a beauty.. the real monster is the Ghost MV1, it's so hideous that it hurts to look at it :D

Not even kidding :p
Awww, I think you misunderstand me... I’m not like most of you guys here (the more vocal ones anyway.) I actually want the Tera to be awesome. In fact, I want every vape to be awesome! I have no loyalties when it comes to vapes and I love options. The more the better!

I want a Tera and if it seems awesome to me I will buy one.

I’d love to have a quality beater to take over to my buddy’s for an average hang... kinda like taking my Yamaha out to a campfire instead of the Guild... if you know what I mean.
:peace:

thx1138

just got one today and tried to do a burn-off; first burn-off went okay but a little stinky; the second attempt - the unit went straight to 500 degrees and would not adjust the temp up or down, and let out a puff of smoke
I shut it down and tried again (why?) and it did the same thing - shoots to 500 degrees and won't adjust. Arrgh!
Thankfully, its a PIU purchase so I have no fear.

Last edited:

kuzko

just got one today and tried to do a burn-off; first burn-off went okay but a little stinky; the second attempt - the unit went straight to 500 degrees and would not adjust the temp up or down, and let out a puff of smoke
I shut it down and tried again (why?) and it did the same thing - shoots to 500 degrees and won't adjust. Arrgh!
Thankfully, its a PIU purchase so I have no fear.

Are you sure it’s not in concentrate mode? Concentrate mode is 500f. If I remember correctly you press the fire button 3 times to switch between modes.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
It appears Boundless to be the new Vaporblunt ! Same ugly design and lot of issues to deal with....

Don't want to bash the company but after to see the new vapes they want to release and the Terra fiasco I will definitively stay away of this vaporizers. They don't think in term of quality and their vapes are not even cheap... ALTHOUGH I have to confess I never even tried one Boundless vape and maybe will change my mind about them.

This is only the feeling I have, Nothing else!

Razor

Guys. The only reason there are a lot of issues is because they tried to get the product to us. They had no way of knowing that the chinese new year would also mean bad quality. Hopefully since new year is now over, the shipments will get back to normal. Their design is fine and when shipped as intended, will be a great device. Those of us who got a good one can attest to that. Boundless hasnt really done anything wrong here other than trying to get product to you faster.

We know that this is a good vape. In fact, it's been one of the best I've had.

sickmanfraud

It appears Boundless to be the new Vaporblunt ! Same ugly design and lot of issues to deal with....

Don't want to bash the company but after to see the new vapes they want to release and the Terra fiasco I will definitively stay away of this vaporizers. They don't think in term of quality and their vapes are not even cheap... ALTHOUGH I have to confess I never even tried one Boundless vape and maybe will change my mind about them.

This is only the feeling I have, Nothing else!

@PPN my friend, I don't think you are being fair. You have never tried a boundless product yet you feel it is okay to bash @Boundless Vape Technology ?

Yes, there are problems. Are all of the Teras stink bombs? Only @Boundless Vape Technology knows the percentage of smelly units. What if there are thousands of Teras in patients' hands and only a relative few had/have problems?

sammuel

Guys. The only reason there are a lot of issues is because they tried to get the product to us. They had no way of knowing that the chinese new year would also mean bad quality. Hopefully since new year is now over, the shipments will get back to normal. Their design is fine and when shipped as intended, will be a great device. Those of us who got a good one can attest to that. Boundless hasnt really done anything wrong here other than trying to get product to you faster.

Although I agree that the poster you were replying to was out of line, I think you are letting them off easy... The unit is a sexy beast so I can see why :D BUT imagine you got a faulty one. Boundless may not be directly responsible but they are accountable for every product they sell. They trust their Chinese manufacturer with QC (who apparently thinks is equal to putting a small sticker on the device) and by that putting their customers and their name at risk. And since this isn't the first time, and after inhaling plastic with the melting CFC I don't give a **** about stupid excuses or blaming someone else. I mean FFS they didn't even proofread the manual (which pages fall off :doh:). I can't blame others for seeing Boundless as amateurs, and as much as I like the Tera (which hopefully won't go bad with yet another issue) I will never trust this company again and they've earned it.

Baron23

Boundless may not be directly responsible

IMO they are most definitely directly responsible. They are the manufacturer of record and, in this regard, it doesn't matter to me who they use for subcontractors. Its their responsibility, wholly and solely.

With that said, I believe that they will get this resolved quickly but as part of it I personally would want some transparency on the root cause and the corrective actions put into place in order to regain my confidence in them and this device.

Last edited:

BigJr48

After several burn offs my unit is still gassy, I'm slapping the return label back on the box and not ordering another Tera!!!

BigJr48,
Reactions: vapen00b

LabPong

Boundless hasnt really done anything wrong here other than trying to get product to you faster.

I too hope it is a great vape and will have no issues.

But you are 100% wrong about Boundless not doing something wrong. I will not go into any debates about it....but they are the producer of a product and sell it openly to the public. Wither they actually manufacture themselves or they have a 3rd party do it....Boundless is 100% responsible for that product when it gets sold and put in someones hands. They are not magically exempt from any responsibility of their product.

If it were my business (I own and run a business that produces a medical product), I would of not released any product to the market prior to doing QC testing after manufacturing even if any QC was done during or after manufacturing by the manufacture or any entities from manufactures origin...IE country or local area.

At this point I think it is best we all do not get into any arguing about our feelings of Boundless. We need to let them figure out what went wrong and hope it can be totally corrected. Totally sux this happened for sure, but give them time to be responsible now after this big mistake. I will reserve judgement of the Tera after we see what happens going forward.

Last edited:

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Well, we all have our opinions...so here's my thinking in regard to this "Boundless Debacle"!

First, let me say thank you to all those early/first adopters. You've taken it on the chin here and deserve better than you've gotten so far from this "manufacturer/reseller"!

Second, there are so many wonderfully handcrafted, American vaporizers here at FC, along with a few imports like Arizer and S&B, that it just makes little if any economic sense, to support certain vaporizer "manufacturers" of dubious quality and safety.

Last edited by a moderator:

LabPong

Well, we all have our opinions...so here's my thinking in regard to this "Boundless Debacle"!

First, let me say thank you to all those early/first adopters. You've taken it on the chin here and deserve better than you've gotten so far from this "manufacturer/reseller"!

Second, there are so many wonderfully handcrafted, American vaporizers here at FC, along with a few imports like Arizer and S&B, that it just makes little if any economic sense, to support certain vaporizer "manufacturers" of dubious quality and safety.

No offense as I understand you are somewhat upset and I have no idea if you bought a Tera?

But we purchased a new vape to the market on first release and it has problems. The manufacture is aware and is taking steps to refund or replace when new stock is in. So the purchaser, like myself has the option to get all their money back or wait for an exchange. Not sure what else I would deserve here?

I took a chance on a new vape in the market when it was released. It has a problem so I sent it back for an exchange. I could have got my $ back and been fine. I did not deserve any better than that....it is fair. I did not go into purchasing this vape and expect to be reimbursed some how for any emotional or of loss of time reasons.

Last edited:

SpudBob

If it were my business (I own and run a business that produces a medical product), I would of not released any product to the market prior to doing QC testing after manufacturing even if any QC was done during or after manufacturing by the manufacture or any entities from manufactures origin...IE country or local area.
We ALL know there has NEVER been a medical product released, with FDA approval, that has been recalled or subjected to liability issues. That being said yes Boundless is responsible for selling a clean product. Im SURE they didn't intend for this to happen-no business wants that. The problem/benefit of a Forum, such as our own, is that problems get discovered quickly. In the "medical field" that review/recall/lawsuit process can take years/decades to resolve. This WILL get resolved quickly! Some may use this as a reason to not buy Boundless again. Thats your decision! Some will look to this as a hiccup in what could be a very good product. Many vapes have had problems on release. I could name names but most know what I'm talking about.

Razor

@Razor, you keep saying it has to do with the CNY. You have no way of knowing that this was a factor in the off-gassing problem.

This is mostly based on what has occured in the past and how I've experienced manufacturing from there in the past. This was extremely close to the new year. I had bad feelings about that to begin with but was hopeful. Unless they just hired a bad shop in China which i doubt, there's no other real reason for this to happen logically than chinese new year and people being in a hurry to get home. If they could go back, I'm sure they would rather wait until after it was over than have them get a shipment out first.

Razor,
Reactions: BigJr48

sammuel

So while I expected the high to be less (or same) than the CF, it is definitely stronger. The CF/X is a conduction based hybrid, while the Tera is a convection based hybrid, which appears to be the ideal method for maximum high.. either that or the fact that the Tera is simply more powerful. This is true for 400F, but now I've started pushing the temp even higher, as the Tera allows me to vape on 420F (on the swivel mouthpiece) while the CF was unpleasant for me at over 400F.
If you want I can try to explain it with emojis :leaf: --> :bigleaf:

Boden

Aspie polymath
This is mostly based on what has occured in the past and how I've experienced manufacturing from there in the past. This was extremely close to the new year. I had bad feelings about that to begin with but was hopeful. Unless they just hired a bad shop in China which i doubt, there's no other real reason for this to happen logically than chinese new year and people being in a hurry to get home. If they could go back, I'm sure they would rather wait until after it was over than have them get a shipment out first.
There is another reason. Until they redesign the bottom of the heater to remove the use of goo to seal the air path around the wires, I wouldn’t even consider buying one.

LabPong

We ALL know there has NEVER been a medical product released, with FDA approval, that has been recalled or subjected to liability issues. That being said yes Boundless is responsible for selling a clean product. Im SURE they didn't intend for this to happen-no business wants that. The problem/benefit of a Forum, such as our own, is that problems get discovered quickly. In the "medical field" that review/recall/lawsuit process can take years/decades to resolve. This WILL get resolved quickly! Some may use this as a reason to not buy Boundless again. Thats your decision! Some will look to this as a hiccup in what could be a very good product. Many vapes have had problems on release. I could name names but most know what I'm talking about.

Sorry if I came off as confusing with my wording.

I think you may have mis-understood my point. It is simply that it is a huge mistake to not do a good QC sampling when product arrives in country before releasing it.

I have no idea what if any measures where taken in this regards at Boundless. It just seems like this would of been caught before it was released to the public if simple sampling would of occurred.

I am not in any way at all saying that Boundless should be burned at the stake or anything like that. I am saying that simple procedures can eliminate the problem of a bad release and not cause so much harm to the manufacturer, or in this case the producer. Since this product is used internally, that should be a must if regulated or not.

Bala

So while I expected the high to be less (or same) than the CF, it is definitely stronger. The CF/X is a conduction based hybrid, while the Tera is a convection based hybrid, which appears to be the ideal method for maximum high.. either that or the fact that the Tera is simply more powerful. This is true for 400F, but now I've started pushing the temp even higher, as the Tera allows me to vape on 420F (on the swivel mouthpiece) while the CF was unpleasant for me at over 400F.
If you want I can try to explain it with emojis :leaf: --> :bigleaf:

Do you always have the same effect also with different cannabis?

Bala,

SpudBob

I believe that Bndlstech was trying to get the vape out ASAP because of the fact that they were already behind schedule and under pressure.Look what happened with the Ghost release. Similar situation. They listened to "US" with regards to changing the bowl from Alu to S.S. This caused a delay also. The timing could not have been worse with CNY pending. Im sure when they got their shipment the only thing on their mind was meeting the market. The had preorders, which people were complaining about, and retailers who expected the product before Christmas. Bad timing! Good People though!

Top Bottom