Boundless Tera

sammuel

Guys... Since I was back to using the CF, I thought why not try the 'dark room with light on chamber' experiment on it too, this is a device that has been working perfectly for over a year. So I ran it with empty chamber and behold, fumes/vapor - So I'm gonna ask again - Is it possibly normal for any vaporizer to show this when blowing through the intake?? Have you tried it with your other vapes? While the Tera does also have a bad taste, is it possible that the fumes/vapor that we see are normal?

abbaba

My brilliant assistant just sold the Tera we fixed to a friend of his.

Made a profit of 15$ For the upgrades we did. Smart boy

Tera has lots of potential, too bad it was so badly executed.

Kinda sad
how can i fix it? and how you know that max temp gonna be 193? i iwll appreciate a response

Stainless

Maybe

I replaced the tape I took off with new Kapton tape and new rock wool insulation.

There seems to be several causes of the stank.

I’ll leave it to boundless to report on what went wrong. I no longer care
is so simple to improve the performance? I don't have a offgassing unit but flavor isn't there, neither than the herb neither than robot fart

Last edited by a moderator:

Likes2vape

Guys... Since I was back to using the CF, I thought why not try the 'dark room with light on chamber' experiment on it too, this is a device that has been working perfectly for over a year. So I ran it with empty chamber and behold, fumes/vapor - So I'm gonna ask again - Is it possibly normal for any vaporizer to show this when blowing through the intake?? Have you tried it with your other vapes? While the Tera does also have a bad taste, is it possible that the fumes/vapor that we see are normal?
The vapor from the cf is probably bits of weed that have fallen down below the screen. None of my boundless products visibly off gassed any vapors when new so it’s pretty upsetting to hear about the Tera!!! I am sure Boundless will figure it out and fix it but it looks bad for sure! I’m definitely going to wait to see what the outcome/fix is before I decide if I’m going to do the upgrade program. I guess that is the problem with manufacturing everything in China, they don’t have QC down or seem to really care about it. How could these pass QC with the units off gassing that bad!!

SpudBob

I know my CFX will do that with an empty bowl, however, It has no smell and Im sure its just residue that has slipped by the bottom screen from use. My bowl is stained and even a bit gunky despite using ELB's and regular cleanings with ISO.

LabPong

Bala.....I would hold off on using the Tera anymore. Send it back and wait for Boundless to fix this problem.

Your unit could have an air leak causing it to not perform correctly. Also the problem with off gassing on an overwhelming amount of the Tera's by users here.....is more than enough for me not to try it even after I spent the better part of a day cleaning and burning off.....and prepping to use for the first time.

Better be safe than sorry with the Tera right now until Boundless gets the situation controlled.

sammuel

It's really easy:
  • Remove the glass from the mouthpiece
  • Take off the rubber at the bottom
  • Softly tap the silver part out with a rubber hammer
  • Friction fit the Solo stem in the plastic (BE CAREFUL, TIGHT FIT)
  • Add a o-ring or a bit of silicone tubing on the inside for a 100% seal
  • Insert screen (preferably domed) in the stem
Final step: :mmmm:

Hey MacGuyver can you help me with step #3? I can't seem to push out the silver part.. I already got out the rubber that was inside the silver part, but can't figure out how to get rid of the silver part even after applying force. Does it have to be applied in a right direction? Got tip for me on how you held it? Thanks :D

dtaxx

Hey MacGuyver can you help me with step #3? I can't seem to push out the silver part.. I already got out the rubber that was inside the silver part, but can't figure out how to get rid of the silver part even after applying force. Does it have to be applied in a right direction? Got tip for me on how you held it? Thanks :D

What I did was hold it still between a vice (with some cloth to not damage the plastic) and lightly tap it with a hammer. Tap it on the bottom side that had the rubber on it (from the bottom through the top).

I could not get it out with my bare hands or even with a pen that I stuck in there. You really have to tap it out, preferably with a rubber hammer to avoid damage.

Hit me up if you can't figure it out, good luck!

Bala

I
Bala.....I would hold off on using the Tera anymore. Send it back and wait for Boundless to fix this problem.

Your unit could have an air leak causing it to not perform correctly. Also the problem with off gassing on an overwhelming amount of the Tera's by users here.....is more than enough for me not to try it even after I spent the better part of a day cleaning and burning off.....and prepping to use for the first time.

Better be safe than sorry with the Tera right now until Boundless gets the situation controlled.
I don't have any problem with my tera about bad smells and air leak. Anyway i will ask in a local shop to test it if everything is ok. Thanks

Bala,
Reactions: BigJr48

sammuel

What I did was hold it still between a vice (with some cloth to not damage the plastic) and lightly tap it with a hammer. Tap it on the bottom side that had the rubber on it (from the bottom through the top).

I could not get it out with my bare hands or even with a pen that I stuck in there. You really have to tap it out, preferably with a rubber hammer to avoid damage.

Hit me up if you can't figure it out, good luck!

Thanks mac! Do you have another idea of how to hold if for someone who doesn't have a vice? :(:huh:

Last edited:
sammuel,
Reactions: BigJr48

dtaxx

Thanks mac! Do you have another idea of how to hold if for someone who doesn't have a vice? :(:huh:

Hmmm :sherlock: You can pretty much use every surface as long as the sides of the mouthpiece lay on the edge so that the glass is suspended in air. then you can easily tap it out.

ds7OSjW.png

Excuse my marvelous paint skills :mental: But maybe this helps (God this was hard to do at an 8).

sammuel

Edit: I did it!! :rockon:gripped it with pliers in one hand and hit it with a big hammer, while playing MacGuyver theme song in the background :p Thanks :nod:

Hmmm :sherlock: You can pretty much use every surface as long as the sides of the mouthpiece lay on the edge so that the glass is suspended in air. then you can easily tap it out.

ds7OSjW.png

Excuse my marvelous paint skills :mental: But maybe this helps (God this was hard to do at an 8).

I appreciate the sketch mac :clap: Although I managed to do it with grip pliers over a bed :cool: BTW I think you should have drawn the mouthpiece the other way around because as you said, it has to be hit on the bottom :leaf:
Regardless, you are very artistic, your drawing looks like the hat of Napoleon :rofl:

mgXi82c.jpg

Ok maybe not really... but with good enough PS skills I'm sure one could do it :rofl:

Edit: In my defence, I'm also at around 8 :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Razor

I havent heard of anyone that DOESNT have air coming through when plugged up. Do any of you? Air comes through on mine when plugged. Like someone else said like a milkshake. Do we know for sure its not designed that way?

Also, the question about ordering it from boundless or third party. I ordered mine from boundless. It does not have off gassing issues.

sammuel

I havent heard of anyone that DOESNT have air coming through when plugged up. Do any of you? Air comes through on mine when plugged. Like someone else said like a milkshake. Do we know for sure its not designed that way?

Also, the question about ordering it from boundless or third party. I ordered mine from boundless. It does not have off gassing issues.

I don't have air coming through when I cover the intake holes with my finger, if that's what you meant

Boden

Aspie polymath

If you plug the bowl and suck from the inlet there should be no airflow if the path is isolated from the case air.
There are only two places it can leak in. Under the heater where all the wires go up into the heater. These holes had white silicone goo squirted up in them to block air leaking in. This is where my assistants was drawing case air into the air path. (Why we took it apart the second time). The other is the clear seal at the top of the ceramic.

There is a third seal just inside the inlet holes but it is unlikely to leak.

Baron23

Is it possible that after a year of use the fumes are just reclaim vaporizing off. I think the concern is w a new and completely clean vape giving off fumes. THAT would be from the device.

Well used, not so much I think b

sammuel

Is it possible that after a year of use the fumes are just reclaim vaporizing off. I think the concern is w a new and completely clean vape giving off fumes. THAT would be from the device.

Well used, not so much I think b

Well yeah but there is water vapor in the air we breathe in and out (aka humidity), so I assume when blowing through the air intake, the water vapor that is within the air that we exhale is converted to steam/mist due to the high temp oven it goes through. My Tera doesn't show any fume/vapor/steam/mist otherwise, and the taste has gotten better, so in a plot twist I think I'm gonna give it another shot.

Doesn't the above make sense? Do correct me if I'm wrong here, but only if you're a scientist or else can prove it with another new vaporizer somehow :)

sammuel,
Reactions: SpudBob

SpudBob

It isnt fitting inside the housing anymore and I don't want to snap the magnet :/ could I try pressing down on the magnet with a hard object?
It won't slide back in the void??? Try using a bit of sandpaper to the edges. It should slide back in. Then glue in in with super glue!

Last edited:

kuzko

Well yeah but there is water vapor in the air we breathe in and out (aka humidity), so I assume when blowing through the air intake, the water vapor that is within the air that we exhale is converted to steam/mist due to the high temp oven it goes through. My Tera doesn't show any fume/vapor/steam/mist otherwise, and the taste has gotten better, so in a plot twist I think I'm gonna give it another shot.

Doesn't the above make sense? Do correct me if I'm wrong here, but only if you're a scientist or else can prove it with another new vaporizer somehow :)

That does sound like good logic however blowing into the intake hole was the last thing I tried after witnessing seemingly-never-ending fumes coming up straight from the oven. So fumes were present even before before blowing into intake.

Top Bottom