Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

BE_Vapologist

My CF has arrived, big thanks @VapoShop. Love the packaging, hope I have the same sentiments towards the vape :lol:. Review will follow later ;)

Modnote: Back to back posts merged

After a few sessions with the Boundless CF , this is what I found so far.

Very easy to use, draw resistance isn't that bad imo. Better than Pax 2 / Summit + & Arizer air, again imo.

Vapor quality...depends on how you use it, if you use the first 2 settings you will get smooth tasty hits, not so much vapor. If you go higher, you will get massive clouds, if desired. Taste goes downhill pretty quickly on the higher settings, as is common in most devices

AVB is perfect for me, on par with many of the pricier devices out there.

My only concern, is the little vent between the herb chamber to the mouthpiece, it will clog quickly. But I've seen mods here in the thread and I think I will settle for some Extreme Q caps.

Quick summary: loving this vape, performs very well in it's price range. I think my Pax 2 has a contender as far as portability and longevity go, great job @Boundless Vape Technology

Last edited by a moderator:

Lion Zion

My CFX was waiting in my mail box when I arrived home this p.m. Two day turnaround from PIU.
What a great experience dealing with them. Highly recommended vendor.
I turned 71 last month and it felt like X-Mas morning. hehe.

As others have observed, almost iphone like packaging. I examined it, unpacked the
stuff that comes with it. Plugged the bad boy in for 30 min., did the two - 5 min. burn off,
iso'd the mp. It came set at c, I flipped it to f, dialed it in to 382, put in a hybrid. Oui la.
The stock screens seemed decent and while the mp got a bit hot after awhile, the draw seemed
decent as well.

Very minor vapor. I finished the small, un-ground herb at 410 and it produced a bit more
vapor. I'm much more interested in the effects vs. the visuals.
At first blush, the strain produced more of a body component than when previously combusted.
Interesting and wayyyy different experience than doing it in the Sheldon Black beaker
or my beloved RooR. Unfortunately, I have a greatly diminished sense of smell and taste
so I cannot comment on the flavor profile part of the experience.
Hopefully, vaping will help improve those senses.

I will continue to experiment and will see how it does with my favorite p.m. kush.

So far, color me both impressed and reasonably medicated.

I did experience vaping many years ago when a friend bought a very early Volcano.
However this is my very first vaporizer.

Thank you and shout out to Jason @ PIU, FC, and the helpful participants of this
forum.

Jah guide

Last edited:

Lion Zion

Part deux:

Test drove it with the wpa attached to the Sheldon Black. Used my fave p.m. kush.
I ground it as best I could. Amazing results across several temps. Great experience.

Query...Should I be concerned about somehow damaging the down stem?
Not obsessive, but its less than a month old. There are replacements available,
around $39.00.

lz

InspireAndAdmire

I'm fortunate to be a member of a dispensary that carries the highest quality medicinal marijuana. They will occasionally have old school strain, some of which I still really like. At one point, they had a strain called "Thai". It looked, smelled and had the exact same effects as Thai sticks from back in the day.

Bottom line, 8-10 sounds fine. I can't wait to experience my meds through my new CFX.

The vape goes above and beyond for the price. This needs more recognition.

little maggie

After reading reviews I realize that my CFX doesn't perform the way others do. It's one of the originals but I rarely use it. It seems to work perfectly- heats quickly. But I never get clouds unless I'm at 400 and then it combusts. Not much happens on lower temps. And at best I get 3 hits. Based on my experience, it doesn't compare to my regular vapes like the milaana or dynavap. But this doesn't seem to be reflected by others experience with the CFX.

little maggie,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

YungLeaner

After reading reviews I realize that my CFX doesn't perform the way others do. It's one of the originals but I rarely use it. It seems to work perfectly- heats quickly. But I never get clouds unless I'm at 400 and then it combusts. Not much happens on lower temps. And at best I get 3 hits. Based on my experience, it doesn't compare to my regular vapes like the milaana or dynavap. But this doesn't seem to be reflected by others experience with the CFX.
Your CFX is definitely defective and if you reach out to boundless I promise they will replace it for you. The boundless is cloudier at 375 than most vapes due to the strong radiative heat and it never combusts my weed, even at 440 it just gets almost black. If yours is combusting at 400 you need to return it. Boundless has remarkably generous customer service.

Last edited:

mpizzle421

Have they resolved issues with the draw resistance? Some reviews indicated they did, and that's a bit of a deal breaker for me.

mpizzle421,

YungLeaner

Have they resolved issues with the draw resistance? Some reviews indicated they did, and that's a bit of a deal breaker for me.
The screen has been changed, yes. I don't mod the CFX anymore because I find the new screen to be much better. It has about twice as many small holes for airflow. It still gets clogged easily, which can be frustrating--but before clogging or after cleaning the draw restriction is minimal. And it's very easy to clean. The CFX comes with a fine metal pick that scrapes the screen off quickly.

Vapor Trails

Does anyone know or have a link to the specifics of this product, proof of grade materials, vapor path and such? There is very little info on their site, and I could not get them on the phone. I'm having a toss up between S&B and Boundless, and am extremely nervous since it is such a new product/company, and I'd never heard of the company until recently, which makes me feel a bit uneasy. I just want a little verification that it is quality, no chemicals will ever leach, the company is legit, and I would like to see if there is anyone that thinks there is more restriction than the Solo, since I see a lot referring to Arizer to compare draw torque and rate. I'm so sorry for asking but am exhausted with researching, and as I said I don't see much info in the site. I just know it is made in China and designed in California.

Thank you to anyone who can help. So exhausted searching. Many thanks.

Vapor Trails,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

VaporSipper

@Vapor Trails I have both S&B vapes and Boundless vapes. I prefer the CFX over the CF, but they are both good vapes for the money. I'll even say they are excellent vapes, but don't have quite the same performance as the S&Bs. The Mighty and Crafty, IMO, remain the best portable vapes at any price. Though I'm sure the day will come when S&B gets dethroned, I don't think it's come yet...

I've found that the Vapor Institute has a great price on the CFX and also have a coupon code (sb20off) for 20% off the Mighty and Crafty.

Cl4ud3

There's one reason I chose a Boundless over a S&B, failure rate. I understand a lot or people have no issues with them, but the percentage who do was enough to convince me to try a Boundless instead. I live in a non legal country, sending these things back within the first year 3 times is a no no.

edit:- just for reference, out of the vapes I have the CFX is my favorite.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Does anyone know or have a link to the specifics of this product, proof of grade materials, vapor path and such? There is very little info on their site, and I could not get them on the phone. I'm having a toss up between S&B and Boundless, and am extremely nervous since it is such a new product/company, and I'd never heard of the company until recently, which makes me feel a bit uneasy. I just want a little verification that it is quality, no chemicals will ever leach, the company is legit, and I would like to see if there is anyone that thinks there is more restriction than the Solo, since I see a lot referring to Arizer to compare draw torque and rate. I'm so sorry for asking but am exhausted with researching, and as I said I don't see much info in the site. I just know it is made in China and designed in California.

Thank you to anyone who can help. So exhausted searching. Many thanks.
Here's a tear down that puffitup.com performed:

http://blog.puffitup.com/2016/08/boundless-cfx-tear-down-piece-by-piece/

Vapor Trails

@VaporSipper
Thanks, man! So the S&B'S simply extract/medicate better I suppose? Would you say the CFX still has a legitimate place if I still planned on purchasing a Mighty in the future, or would it be unreasonable? This brand was suggested to me for pain and sleep when I was asking for info on the S&Bs, and was told it medicates better for pain and insomnia because it cooks the herb to the burned point of vaping if desired, and the instant heat feature when waking up with a major problem could make the CFX have a valid place for that quick fix, and a beyond dark AVB. So, perhaps the S&B would be good for day time lower temps, and perhaps the CFX be a tool for times of pain and insomnia, or do you feel if someone has the patience that the S&Bs medicated better, regardless?

@Cl4ud3
I've turned into a vapor snob over the years, and am intrigued and have to ask about the FF2 since you like your CFX better than any in your arsenal and I see the FF2 in your signature. Sorry to ask vape comparisons to such a different style vape, but I could also use a portable for those single draws thru the day vs always having full sessions. Is it true you can really take a draw from the FF2 and keep coming back without the herb getting spent for multiple heat ups? If it medicate well, that would be awesome.

To be fair to this thread and Manufacturer, I actually plan on purchasing all 3 vapes mentioned if (it offends anyone that I'm asking about other brands and models), and not trying to flood the forum with nonsense. Every one of them seem to have their own special place where one may beat the other, but it seems dependent on the task trying to be achieved (single hit vape that keeps reheating without killing a bowl of herb/ff2, night time for another/CF/CFX, consistency and quality sessions for another S&B). The CFX sounds like it Might be possible to do do what S&B can't as far as heat up time, and the temperatures that are reachable for possible extra pain relief S&B may not can provide. At the same time, if not needing instant on and not needing to fall asleep...I think an S&B product have for years been the most consistent style vape I have ever seen, where the AVB is always the same color, every single time. I think the FF2 is an awesome portable 1 hitter vape, if it medicates well... I've heard it doesn't output a lot of vapor, and that would be an important factor, but I still like the idea of tiny draws and not wasting a bowl.

@Vapor_Eyes
Thank you!
I am absolutely sold on the CFX after reading this. It seems like a bargain, to be honest...

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I'm no expert on vapes, I haven't tried nearly as many as others have. Still, I like to think I have high standards. I research my vapes a lot before buying them and try to only buy ones that are very well regarded and highly reviewed.

I can honestly say the CFX has more than earned its place in my arsenal. It's the most forgiving vaporizer I've used, in that there's pretty much no technique required. You can draw as hard as possible or slow, use any grind size, fill it full or just a pinch, no matter what it just produces vapor.

All that plus amazing battery life and rock solid reliability. It's a very well rounded vape. Maybe not the best in any one category, but above average in pretty much every category.

Cl4ud3

For me the FF2 is overpriced, I had no problems with it working from the off but for the price its not worth the hassle. I can put the lid on 5 times and try drawing until it gets to the point I know its actually sealed properly, for the price I want to put the lid on once and it should be sealed and ready to go. It does heat up quickly and I do get clouds from it (big clouds isn't something I look for as a feature of a vape) but it has too many negatives against it for me. You have to take 20-30 sec hits from it to get it working "properly".

Cons
1. Price, seriously. People need to get over something being $350 doesn't mean its the best.
2. Bottom battery cover feels very cheap, this is mirrored in the side covering.
3. Battery not very good at all but its better than the MFLB I had.
4. Everyone bangs on about the flavour but its gone for me in roughly the same hits on my cfx.
5. It doesn't seem to matter what temp I pick, I get roughly the same amount of hits every time.

Pros
1. It heats up quickly and you can get nice hits from it within 30 secs. (it feels like a high tech MFLB without that silly side battery rubbish)
2. Cleaning is so easy.

For me personally I find the FF2 to be the e-vape version of a glass 1 hitter, everything from the way its held to the way it looks.
I came from smoking joints and for me the cfx fills that spot much better than the firefly 2 does. I use it during the day but its normally just when the battery is down on my cfx (fast charge is so amazing on the cfx) or when I want to try and justify the price I paid for it.

I can micro load the cfx and take my draws over 5 mins, starting at 350 and still have more left at higher temps. I am using the ELB mod so that probably does add a lot of difference to a standard version.

Apexisto

I got yesterday Boundless CFX and I have been using it already two days.

I noticed that when I vaporize some herbs Boundless does not generate so much steam. So I do not see any visible cloud production. Sometimes it seems I don't get any steam at all although I set Boundless' temperature around 200 Celcius.

I have tried Peppermint, Lemongrass, and Verbena officinalis.

Only Hop generated some noticeable clouds but only 5-10 hits. Is it depended on what I am vaporizing?

I have seen videos where Youtube users have vapor steam but I just barely can generate it.

Maybe I should try "medical herbs"

Can anyone please help me, whether I should get a new Boundless or change it to Mighty or something?

Apexisto,

Vapor Trails

I got yesterday Boundless CFX and I have been using it already two days.

I noticed that when I vaporize some herbs Boundless does not generate so much steam. So I do not see any visible cloud production. Sometimes it seems I don't get any steam at all although I set Boundless' temperature around 200 Celcius.

I have tried Peppermint, Lemongrass, and Verbena officinalis.

Only Hop generated some noticeable clouds but only 5-10 hits. Is it depended on what I am vaporizing?

I have seen videos where Youtube users have vapor steam but I just barely can generate it.

Maybe I should try "medical herbs"

Can anyone please help me, whether I should get a new Boundless or change it to Mighty or something?

I'm not 100% positive, but because if the nature of things like Peppermint and Lemongrass, there may be no visible vapor. Of course I am not sure. I would try medical herb to see how it extracts. Does the color change on the Lemongrass after you vape it a while or stay the same?

Apexisto

I'm not 100% positive, but because if the nature of things like Peppermint and Lemongrass, there may be no visible vapor. Of course I am not sure. I would try medical herb to see how it extracts. Does the color change on the Lemongrass after you vape it a while or stay the same?

Luckily, its colour changes from green to golden brown.

Are there any reviews about Mighty vs Boundless? I have an opportunity change it to Mighty next week so I am eager to do some research.

Vapor Trails

Luckily, its colour changes from green to golden brown.

Are there any reviews about Mighty vs Boundless? I have an opportunity change it to Mighty next week so I am eager to do some research.
There certainly is :)
I'll message it to you just in case it is frowned upon to show a comparison.

2h5o1fn.jpg

I'm trying to tell for sure, but does it look like I could just plop this on any 14mm adapter and inhale from the opposite side, or is it made for something else? I want to use it dry with the WPA for flow vs stock stem piece.

Last edited:

Likes2vape

I only vape cannabis so I can't comment on other herbs but I have no problem getting clouds with the cfx or the cf. I have heard that lavender will produce decent clouds.

Esmeralda

So I am ordering a CFX tomorrow.
After buying a Flowermate from a vendor who shall remain nameless which was then "lost" in the mail TWICE! I was going to order from PIU, but after consultation at PIU with Randy, we decided that the CFX better suited my needs.
I really want to thank PIU for reaching out to me and assisting me so thoroughly. I'll let you all know when my CFX arrives.

virtualpurple

@Esmeralda I think you will not be disappointed!

I have used many of the flowermate vapes, and they have come quite a long way in the last several years. However, the cfx is a great device and well worth the money!

Let us know if you have any questions!

Top Bottom