Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

little maggie

I wonder if it's a myth that the same people make the flowermate and boundless. I've given up on flowermate having tried 2 different versions.
I find all vapes harsh except for the vapcap. But the CF is great with the water adaptor that came with it.

YungLeaner

I wonder if it's a myth that the same people make the flowermate and boundless. I've given up on flowermate having tried 2 different versions.
I find all vapes harsh except for the vapcap. But the CF is great with the water adaptor that came with it.
No, it's not a myth but that doesn't invalidate your opinion at all. I have thought about this a lot, and I think the heat up time and bowl design is the greatest factor. Because the Flowermate is heating up for so long before it is at temp some of the initial flavor is leeched from the hit. Boundless is like 10-60% convection depending on pack style, the Flowermate close to 100% conduction

subway13029

Flowermate made it but didnt design it..boundless had a design and needed someone with the where with all and ability to mass produce these..thats what i had heard..

subway13029,
Reactions: djchexxx

wrigleyvillain

A Song of Ice and Vapor
^ That makes more sense. 'Eric from Boundless' is relatively active on Reddit in vaporents and /r/boundlessvapes and I don't think he is just some rep hired in this hemisphere. Maybe I should just ask the dude over there and try to put this shit to bed once and for all.

Though whether it can be considered "a Flowermate" or not doesn't affect how well it works one way or another so I am finding it hard to greatly care. I guess I am curious...

wrigleyvillain,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I was under the impression that Boundless and Flowermate used the same manufacturer. I have no proof of this so take it with a grain of salt.

The manufacturer doesn't mean much, they make products according to your specific instructions. The same factory could theoretically produce Nike and Reebok shoes, it doesn't mean they are the same company.

Vapor_Eyes,

Iamloco724

After some light research, I'm thinking about getting the cfx as my first vaporizer. I'm not a smoker, I'm only starting now due to health issues. The CFX looked appealing but again I haven't looked at many others, I'm trying to get this ASAP. So what do you think? Also if im buying this anything else I should get as a beginner with no prior smoking experience?

Iamloco724,
Reactions: Taz

little maggie

After some light research, I'm thinking about getting the cfx as my first vaporizer. I'm not a smoker, I'm only starting now due to health issues. The CFX looked appealing but again I haven't looked at many others, I'm trying to get this ASAP. So what do you think? Also if im buying this anything else I should get as a beginner with no prior smoking experience?
Just wondering why the CFX as opposed to the CF? I have both and for some reason prefer the CF.
Anyway, I think the CFX/CF or the Solo are good first vapes if you want to stay away from butane, want a portable and want to get one quickly. The only thing I would suggest, if you aren't a smoker is to buy the water adapter. I tend to use water with all my vapes because of harshness. If you need a water device you don't need to pay a lot. There are several places that sell affordable ones.

little maggie,
Reactions: waxdab23

waxdab23

I think you'll love it. I've had mine a couple months and have really been enjoying using it almost everyday.

One of the best things about this vape for you is that it's super easy to use, so your lack of experience won't be an issue. Literally, you just load it up, turn it on, set a temp and hit it until it's spent.

I recommend you go out to a head shop and grab a 3/4 in pipe screen and use that to replace the stock screen in the CFX.

Get a cheap grinder if you don't have one. You can upgrade later.

Do you have any bubblers, bongs, etc.? If so, you want to grab the WPA for the CFX, which will allow you to hook it up to any size glass.

Also, search this thread for discounts or maybe others will chime in on that and help you get a good deal.

Iamloco724

Just wondering why the CFX as opposed to the CF? Anyway, I think the CFX/CF or the Solo are good first vapes if you want to stay away from butane, want a portable and want to get one quickly. The only thing I would suggest, if you aren't a smoker is to buy the water adapter. I tend to use water with all my vapes because of harshness.

I like the the digital temp display, that's basically the main reason. Again i am a noob to this all so if i get the water adapter how do i use that and what else do I need?

Iamloco724,

little maggie

I forgot the discounts- if you plan to buy it from puff it up you might contact Randy and see if he can give you a discount. Look at the glass thread and you'll get a picture of what is being used for water.

little maggie,

Iamloco724

I think you'll love it. I've had mine a couple months and have really been enjoying using it almost everyday.

One of the best things about this vape for you is that it's super easy to use, so your lack of experience won't be an issue. Literally, you just load it up, turn it on, set a temp and hit it until it's spent.

I recommend you go out to a head shop and grab a 3/4 in pipe screen and use that to replace the stock screen in the CFX.

Get a cheap grinder if you don't have one. You can upgrade later.

Do you have any bubblers, bongs, etc.? If so, you want to grab the WPA for the CFX, which will allow you to hook it up to any size glass.

Also, search this thread for discounts or maybe others will chime in on that and help you get a good deal.

Thanks for the info, I have literally nothing lol..Total noob to the whole experience. What's the benefit of a picking up a different pipe screen to replace the stock one?

Iamloco724,

waxdab23

Thanks for the info, I have literally nothing lol..Total noob to the whole experience. What's the benefit of a picking up a different pipe screen to replace the stock one?

It gives the mouthpiece a little more airflow. You can try using the stock screen and if you feel the airflow is too restricted, then grab a pipe screen. There are other airflow mods also mentioned in this thread but require more expensive pieces.

If you don't have any water pieces, don't worry about the water adapter for now. If you find the vapor to be too harsh, or you want to be able to take larger rips, then you'll need to make some upgrades.

little maggie

I don't know why you'd want to change screens since I left mine alone. I'm not too handy and don't like modifying. But you can get a grinder at puff it up- possibly a free one. You can get a bubbler at http://www.bakebros.com/ because it will be quicker than China. All you need is the grinder unless it's harsh and then water will make a difference. I'd still check out the solo which is an older vape but solid and lasts forever.

little maggie,

Iamloco724

I don't know why you'd want to change screens since I left mine alone. I'm not too handy and don't like modifying. But you can get a grinder at puff it up- possibly a free one. You can get a bubbler at http://www.bakebros.com/ because it will be quicker than China. All you need is the grinder unless it's harsh and then water will make a difference. I'd still check out the solo which is an older vape but solid and lasts forever.

Thanks, I will take a look at the Solo before I finalize this and grinder I will be picking up with whatever a choose. Thanks again for the info!

Iamloco724,

YungLeaner

Thanks, I will take a look at the Solo before I finalize this and grinder I will be picking up with whatever a choose. Thanks again for the info!
If you want to buy from the boundless site use code BNDLSFC for 20$ off. And please ask here or PM me if you have any questions. Basically the water pipe adapter is just a mouthpiece that fits directly into a water pipe, which sends your vapor through a bunch of bubbles, cooling it's temperature before it makes it to your mouth.

sickmanfraud

If you are interested in a water tool now, there is a Planetvape f-bomb in the classifieds for IIRC $45. One of the more recent posts.

sickmanfraud,

stickstones

Vapor concierge

The newest Boundless units have an updated screen, so if you get the latest stock (ask your retailer) you won't need to change out the screen. I suggest waiting on any water pipes or adapters until you've gotten familiar with the unit. I'll bet you find it just fine as it is. But if you decide to go down that route, some excellent suggestions have already been made.

namasteIII

The newest Boundless units have an updated screen, so if you get the latest stock (ask your retailer) you won't need to change out the screen. I suggest waiting on any water pipes or adapters until you've gotten familiar with the unit. I'll bet you find it just fine as it is. But if you decide to go down that route, some excellent suggestions have already been made.

Do you know if these new units are the same as the updated CF units with the new firmware? Anyone know if puffitup has the most up to date model?

namasteIII,

wrigleyvillain

A Song of Ice and Vapor
Yeah PIU has them unless sold out. So does POTV.

Modnote: Content removed to comply with forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
wrigleyvillain,
Top Bottom