Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

seilogeo

For me 3rd and 4th temperatures on cf are combusting the herb
The 5th is working correctly.
Crazy

Edit:
After some testing the same happens with all temps.
All do the same after a while

Last edited:
seilogeo,

HoochIsCraaaazy

Does anybody have any ideas on how to get the CFX to work with the MFLB bottle rocket? I don't have any glass pieces but he bottle rocket let me use any glass bottle as a water pipe with the MFLB.

HoochIsCraaaazy,

murf2010

CFX flavor is starting to gross me out. I've cleaned it extensively. Still just taste like burnt toast. Any suggestions?

murf2010,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
CFX flavor is starting to gross me out. I've cleaned it extensively. Still just taste like burnt toast. Any suggestions?
I wish I could help. I get great flavor at 385F. At 420 it's a little toasty/roasted tasting but not bad. Mine is only a week old though.

I ordered some vapexhale ELBs and I have to say the top "hat" screen is a much better solution than the EQ elbow screens. It's the perfect size to pop on the bottom of the mouthpiece once you take the stock screen off. That way you don't have to fuss with it every time you load.

I don't have much of a problem with the stock screen though, it's really close in terms of airflow and I think the clogging isn't as bad as claimed. I brush the stock screen every time I empty the CFX so that might help.

I thought maybe it was getting clogged right before I changed to the ELB screen. It was hard to get off and sticky, but when I looked through the holes they were completely clear, no blockage at all.

YungLeaner

Is it electronic/plastic tasting/combustion issue?

If so, then it's probably defective. If not and it's totally cleaned then I'm not sure what the problem could be! The CFX definitely loses taste quickly--i usually have 3-4 super flavorful hits and then the flavor drops off to toasty AVB. But if the flavor is actually gross there's probably a real problem.

Try a looser pack. I find that tightly packed bowls have thicker clouds but worse taste.

murf2010

Having a huge issue unscrewing the concentrate capsule post usage. Seems to be severely stuck, I've heated it up and to no avail...

murf2010,

waxdab23

Having a huge issue unscrewing the concentrate capsule post usage. Seems to be severely stuck, I've heated it up and to no avail...

Yup, had the same issue here. Had to do a warm ISO bath to get it unscrewed. Now I twist the cap on only half way to prevent it from happening again.

waxdab23,

murf2010

Yup, had the same issue here. Had to do a warm ISO bath to get it unscrewed. Now I twist the cap on only half way to prevent it from happening again.

Thank you!!

Matters to me because I really enjoy the shatter hits from this device. Gets hot tho!!!

murf2010,
I ordered some vapexhale ELBs and I have to say the top "hat" screen is a much better solution than the EQ elbow screens. It's the perfect size to pop on the bottom of the mouthpiece once you take the stock screen off. That way you don't have to fuss with it every time you load.

I'm interested but I don't quite understand. Do you remove the stock mouthpiece screen? Where does the material go?

Ineedmedicine,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I'm interested but I don't quite understand. Do you remove the stock mouthpiece screen? Where does the material go?
I should have explained better. You take off the standard mouthpiece screen. Then you place the top "hat" screen from a Vapexhale easy load basket (ELB) and put it over the mound where the old screen was. It's almost a perfect fit, I nudged the sides in with a dab tool and now it fits flush, if you didn't know better you would think it could be the stock screen. Here's a picture from @BuzzDanklin

@Meach @Putricio Great suggestion on the ELB cap it fits surprisingly well when you remove the stock screen! It flows just as well as a freshly cleaned stock screen, and the airflow stays good much longer than the stock screen w/o cleaning. I also tried it with the Flowermate cans, and they are slightly too small, so they don't make contact with the sides.

4QRJ29R.jpg

I should have explained better. You take off the standard mouthpiece screen. Then you place the top "hat" screen from a Vapexhale easy load basket (ELB) and put it over the mound where the old screen was. It's almost a perfect fit, I nudged the sides in with a dab tool and now it fits flush, if you didn't know better you would think it could be the stock screen. Here's a picture from @BuzzDanklin

Sweet! Ok, makes sense. Does the material go in the chamber like designed? Or do you fill the bottom of the ELB?

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Sweet! Ok, makes sense. Does the material go in the chamber like designed? Or do you fill the bottom of the ELB?
I don't use the bottom at all. Some people fill the bottom of the ELB and put it in the chamber, it's supposed to make it more convective, improving flavor. I'll try it out sooner or later. It seems like more trouble than it's worth to me.

That's just me. I'm a lazy vaper. I don't want to mess with anything more than I need to, especially with a portable, and especially when I'm high. I prefer the stock screen over the EQ elbow screen for this reason.

It can be a little difficult getting that elbow screen out, not to mention it is hot right after a bowl so if you want to repack another one right away you have to deal with this hot screen and find somewhere to put it. Not the best idea for a portable in my opinion. I can't imagine doing that at a concert for example. Even in a car it would be a hassle, the screen could fall between the seats, etc etc.

The Vapexhale ELBs are the best of both worlds, they stay secure on the mouthpiece even with a vigorous brushing, and they do provide slightly better airflow and are less prone to clogging.

RelaxedNow

I wish I could help. I get great flavor at 385F. At 420 it's a little toasty/roasted tasting but not bad. Mine is only a week old though.

Most of the time, I use it at 365F, and dump the bowl rather than cranking it up, never going higher than 380 these days. I think the bottom line is that each person has to just find a temp they like with their specific device, no matter the model, and go with that. After all, I think we'd agree that there is no consistency in design between the various models, and I suppose even two of the same model could vary a bit.

In any event, I'm gonna think that way, because I'm enjoying my CFX too much to complain. Besides, at this moment, I'm at a beach house on the Washington State coast. Been doing a lot of beach and community strolling today, and now I'm listening to some mellow tunes while sitting in the sun room, so there ain't nothing negative happening near me or my thoughts (except for the preceding double negative). It's all good. :peace:

I don't use the bottom at all. Some people fill the bottom of the ELB and put it in the chamber, it's supposed to make it more convective, improving flavor. I'll try it out sooner or later. It seems like more trouble than it's worth to me.

That's just me. I'm a lazy vaper. I don't want to mess with anything more than I need to, especially with a portable, and especially when I'm high. I prefer the stock screen over the EQ elbow screen for this reason.

It can be a little difficult getting that elbow screen out, not to mention it is hot right after a bowl so if you want to repack another one right away you have to deal with this hot screen and find somewhere to put it. Not the best idea for a portable in my opinion. I can't imagine doing that at a concert for example. Even in a car it would be a hassle, the screen could fall between the seats, etc etc.

The Vapexhale ELBs are the best of both worlds, they stay secure on the mouthpiece even with a vigorous brushing, and they do provide slightly better airflow and are less prone to clogging.

Thanks for the info!!

Ineedmedicine,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
Damn I haven't checked this thread since I first got my CFX like 3 weeks ago and it's been crazy active! Iv been up up in them vape clouds :cool:
Just read about 25 pages to catch up lol :myday: I'm happy to report iv had nothing but good experiences with it so far, sucks to hear some people have been experiencing defects with their units!
I'm hoping boundless has a way better defect rate than S&B. Time shall tell

Happy to hear that PIU sent me a free WPA for my cfx :) their customer service is awesome and I'll always do buisness with them!

Crazy to hear Boundless is coming out with the new CFV sometime in the fall I think, hopefully it'll be around the same price as the cfx as I will pre order one for sure!
I should have my WPA in my mailbox tomorrow :rockon:

Andrew26,

little maggie

Write to Randy about the water adaptor- I got an email from PIU saying it was free. As for using the MFLB bottle rocket I'm not sure. But the orbiter works fine with the CF once you remove the top.

little maggie,
Reactions: djchexxx
Top Bottom