Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

Kaptan

Mr. Me2

hmm. well its the same chamber (deeper) and same aluminum cylinder that cools off vapor. honestly the same internals just a different mouthpeice.. but you want to say its a whole new redesigned unit by all means.

dont think it was that company, its a different vape. cfx has led screen, aswell as a diff chamber.
I can't speak to manufacturing differences (but please go the the pax thread and ask @Ojan_at_PAX). But I did a side by side taste test with the pax 1 and 2. It wasn't close. Pax 2 wins hands down (for me, anyway)! But this is off topic for this thread.

I accept your experience that the cfx tastes better than the pax 1. So thx for that info!

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
@Boundless Vape Technology Hi, I just want to see what you think about this identical unit that was posted on alibaba http://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...0411871993.html?spm=a2700.7724838.30.1.btyBbo

Were they able to replicate your original units that fast or am I missing something here?
The unit you show here, although slightly similar in height based on the photo, it lacks some of our even basic features such as OLED screen and our ovens look to be of a different build. Again this is all based on a photo(render) that doesn't actually seem to be a real product yet.

But we would be curious to see. From the description it seems like it's running slightly weaker batteries than our CFX and it can only do 4 preset temp settings.

Last edited:

Vambo1980

Me too but those are the only strains I can get in London. Did you have to pay any custom charges when you got your CFX in the post ?

Let us know how it goes with your dry herb sessions. Still interested in this unit - just want something affordable and powerful . Heard the draw restriction isn't that bad either which is always a plus, as long as its better then my air I'm happy.

Yes @Boundless Vape Technology sent the unit out without an international delivery charge and they made it get to me ;) without charges, thanks for that guy's. As i have said previously Boundless the company so far have been very transparent apart from this convection thing. They also offered in the live chat to refund me the $20 discount i missed. I'm still a little disappointed because i was sold on the convection if you had replaced the words for conduction in the advertising i wouldn't have pulled the trigger.

Ok so i had a vape at 380 and it was smooth, not hot at all, I filled the bowl 80% but didn't pack it. The draw resistance is very significant at least to me after using the crafty for so long, so after other people have mentioned it to be fairly loose I'm a little confused about that.
The vape is super quick to get going some people are going to love it for this.The taste and vapor is much better than i thought it would be, a light airy but tasty vapor straight away, the vapor gets stronger yet its quite restricted air flow makes me feel i want more volume of vapor quicker, but if you keep drawing it keeps coming just not in the man sized dose id like.. I vaped the haze to 380 as i had shit to do this evening so maybe it needs a bit more heat treatment, im going to try it again another night and crank it up a bit.
Because the unit has a hefty heater it could and should have a more un-restricted air path in my opinion. The ABV was surprisingly very evenly baked @ 380 not any dark stuff.
I think it can have its place in the market.. a portable 80W oil machine at worst, or a speedy group session vape pack a gram in and pass her round!!! The oil capsule really works, well it got me F%$ked earlier off a tiny dabs worth. It spins round in the chamber (or at least that what it feels like its doing) if you draw at the right volume constantly.

It's a good tasting conduction vape, ive also noticed that when the heater is up to temp there is a noise from the PCB like a IC regulator bounce sound as it holds off the current to regulate the temperature.
Anyone else hear this on their CFX?

radiant34

Yes @Boundless Vape Technology sent the unit out without an international delivery charge and they made it get to me ;) without charges, thanks for that guy's. As i have said previously Boundless the company so far have been very transparent apart from this convection thing. They also offered in the live chat to refund me the $20 discount i missed. I'm still a little disappointed because i was sold on the convection if you had replaced the words for conduction in the advertising i wouldn't have pulled the trigger.

Ok so i had a vape at 380 and it was smooth, not hot at all, I filled the bowl 80% but didn't pack it. The draw resistance is very significant at least to me after using the crafty for so long, so after other people have mentioned it to be fairly loose I'm a little confused about that.
The vape is super quick to get going some people are going to love it for this.The taste and vapor is much better than i thought it would be, a light airy but tasty vapor straight away, the vapor gets stronger yet its quite restricted air flow makes me feel i want more volume of vapor quicker, but if you keep drawing it keeps coming just not in the man sized dose id like.. I vaped the haze to 380 as i had shit to do this evening so maybe it needs a bit more heat treatment, im going to try it again another night and crank it up a bit.
Because the unit has a hefty heater it could and should have a more un-restricted air path in my opinion. The ABV was surprisingly very evenly baked @ 380 not any dark stuff.
I think it can have its place in the market.. a portable 80W oil machine at worst, or a speedy group session vape pack a gram in and pass her round!!! The oil capsule really works, well it got me F%$ked earlier off a tiny dabs worth. It spins round in the chamber (or at least that what it feels like its doing) if you draw at the right volume constantly.

It's a good tasting conduction vape, ive also noticed that when the heater is up to temp there is a noise from the PCB like a IC regulator bounce sound as it holds off the current to regulate the temperature.
Anyone else hear this on their CFX?

The heat up on this thing is crazy! and yes i know that sound you're talking about! It fluctuates though, my other vapes firewood/mighty the sound is a bit more subtle. The chamber is so deep that you can stuff a good gram in there and pass it around 4 people easily. This is definitely going to be my vape i share with everyone. Especially those who like to smoke ALOT. I think this is the best conduction vape out on the market. With its heatuptime/temp variability(most vapes dont go past 415) and great even vaped taste aswell as the price? The pax goes for 270 and it's esentially the same conduction process

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I'm sorry but judging from the pix this is absolutely not your average conduction vape from what I see, and I've dismantled my fair share. Unless I'm wrong the heater looks longer than usual and there might well be an air gapped ceramic bowl just above it like they claim. My Firewood 2.1 which is mostly convection also has the (air gapped) capsule sitting just above the heater and it can change the color of the load if you let it sit there for too long.

I understand that some people disliked what they think is false advertising but to me it looks like they really tried to introduce some form of convection heating. Perhaps not as much as expected... but some of you are very harsh towards the company.

Besides conduction vapes have their clear place in our arsenal and convection doesn't have only advantages...

Mangos

The heat up on this thing is crazy! and yes i know that sound you're talking about! It fluctuates though, my other vapes firewood/mighty the sound is a bit more subtle. The chamber is so deep that you can stuff a good gram in there and pass it around 4 people easily.
Have you guys tried it with smaller loads, less then a 0.1g's worth. Curious to see if it vapes it evenly or not, with those quick hits here and there.

radiant34

i have tried putting .2 but i usually like to compress my pack as i dont like it getting messy everywhere. This thing vapes really evenly. I personally use my firewood glass capsule and stick it in the vape and vape it like that.

Have you guys tried it with smaller loads, less then a 0.1g's worth. Curious to see if it vapes it evenly or not, with those quick hits here and there.
10 year warranty tho.

Nothing against Boundless. Just if we're discussing price I had to mention that.

what's 10 years when tech is evolving at such a high rate? sou know when ploom pax made dat guap off chinese labor
Llzagmg.jpg

Last edited:
radiant34,

Vambo1980

Ive not yet but I tried filling the included wax capsule with herb, filled it up just a light tap down put the temp up to about 420 and it vaped nice for a couple of really long slow deep hits, well i got lost thinking about the taste and quality of the vapor though, trying to draw at the right speed to make the capsule spin inside the oven, its like a built in stone head game.

Vambo1980,
Reactions: Mangos

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I used the CFX exclusively yesterday except for my nightcap. I ran three loads through it during six heat ups and about thirty minutes of run time.

First load was lightly filled to the top, which is more herb than I normally use. I started on 350 and stepped up to the high end. I got what I expected from the herb and the vape. With this much herb in there I got a lot of thick hits that started out tasty and ended up spent tasting, just like you'd expect. Heat up time is indeed stupid fast, and it doesn't require you to wait an extra minute to get started. Clouds show up after a few pulls of tastiness.

Second load was really small, as I wanted to see how it would do with a small, not compacted load. I put enough in to cover the bottom and then a little more. This is where the unit impressed me, as it hit really well. I got several surprisingly thick hits off it and finished it off. This unit does very well with small amounts!

Third load was two small unground nuggets. I mostly use nugs when vaping these days so I wanted to see how it would do. I didn't get much more than good taste with the nuggets until at top temp. After the crumble there was more than I expected. This thing will easily get your herbs completely spent...not saving any of this abv!

Other observations:
- This is the biggest lighted display I've seen on any vape ever, and it lights up the dark room too much. Zero stealth with something this big in a darker room. But this isn't the stealth model...the CF is for that. However, the display is big enough for me to make out what is going on even without my glasses, which is nice for those of us with vision issues.
- It's way too early to say, but I'm concerned about the battery life. My unit got to two bars after thirty minutes of use and was flirting with the single bar. It goes back and forth when it is heating up...it will go down a bar while heating and back up when stabilized. If this is the big, long lasting version, it should last a long time. But again, I haven't depleted it yet, just watching the indicator, which is nice to have.
- The air inlet is through a small area on the bottom that looks like it could be opened up more. The good news is when that inlet is covered there is no airflow at all, so the air path is sealed nice and tight.
- I think the draw is a little restricted as well, but not for a conduction vape. The mouthpiece feels a little to thin for my liking, but that is personal preference.
- I'm happy to report that I wasn't having any issues with the temp of the hot vapor. While I think the cooling unit is flawed by design, I have to admit I didn't need to cool the vapor at all, even at the highest temps.
- I just got an LG v10 phone, and I love it. I like the rubbery backing that keeps it from sliding out of my hand, while the screen is nice and smooth. The CFX is very similar sitting next to it. One side has a nice smooth screen and both sides have a similar rubbery grip that feels nice but not slippery. I found myself playing with it between sessions while watching tv.

So, first impressions are it vaporizes fine and it will fill needs. It's going to compete with the Flowermates, so I recommend comparing it to those units. I have a 5 mini pro s (or whatever it is called) on the way, and I'm looking forward to comparing the vapor on the two units. I need to check pricing on all the units to see which ones I think will be the most popular. More to come and I haven't even started with the CF yet.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I've just spent the last hour or so reading this entire thread. And I want to point out that many of you have dodged a bullet. Members have been banned in the past for calling manufacturers or other members liars. It isn't tolerated. I'd like you all to keep that in mind as we move forward in this thread. :cool:

And, as usual, if anyone has a question or comment about this, please feel free to pm me.

radiant34

I used the CFX exclusively yesterday except for my nightcap. I ran three loads through it during six heat ups and about thirty minutes of run time.

First load was lightly filled to the top, which is more herb than I normally use. I started on 350 and stepped up to the high end. I got what I expected from the herb and the vape. With this much herb in there I got a lot of thick hits that started out tasty and ended up spent tasting, just like you'd expect. Heat up time is indeed stupid fast, and it doesn't require you to wait an extra minute to get started. Clouds show up after a few pulls of tastiness.

Second load was really small, as I wanted to see how it would do with a small, not compacted load. I put enough in to cover the bottom and then a little more. This is where the unit impressed me, as it hit really well. I got several surprisingly thick hits off it and finished it off. This unit does very well with small amounts!

Third load was two small unground nuggets. I mostly use nugs when vaping these days so I wanted to see how it would do. I didn't get much more than good taste with the nuggets until at top temp. After the crumble there was more than I expected. This thing will easily get your herbs completely spent...not saving any of this abv!

Other observations:
- This is the biggest lighted display I've seen on any vape ever, and it lights up the dark room too much. Zero stealth with something this big in a darker room. But this isn't the stealth model...the CF is for that. However, the display is big enough for me to make out what is going on even without my glasses, which is nice for those of us with vision issues.
- It's way too early to say, but I'm concerned about the battery life. My unit got to two bars after thirty minutes of use and was flirting with the single bar. It goes back and forth when it is heating up...it will go down a bar while heating and back up when stabilized. If this is the big, long lasting version, it should last a long time. But again, I haven't depleted it yet, just watching the indicator, which is nice to have.
- The air inlet is through a small area on the bottom that looks like it could be opened up more. The good news is when that inlet is covered there is no airflow at all, so the air path is sealed nice and tight.
- I think the draw is a little restricted as well, but not for a conduction vape. The mouthpiece feels a little to thin for my liking, but that is personal preference.
- I'm happy to report that I wasn't having any issues with the temp of the hot vapor. While I think the cooling unit is flawed by design, I have to admit I didn't need to cool the vapor at all, even at the highest temps.
- I just got an LG v10 phone, and I love it. I like the rubbery backing that keeps it from sliding out of my hand, while the screen is nice and smooth. The CFX is very similar sitting next to it. One side has a nice smooth screen and both sides have a similar rubbery grip that feels nice but not slippery. I found myself playing with it between sessions while watching tv.

So, first impressions are it vaporizes fine and it will fill needs. It's going to compete with the Flowermates, so I recommend comparing it to those units. I have a 5 mini pro s (or whatever it is called) on the way, and I'm looking forward to comparing the vapor on the two units. I need to check pricing on all the units to see which ones I think will be the most popular. More to come and I haven't even started with the CF yet.
What i personally like abuot this vape is it's fast temp speed, aswell as the steel herb filter that is on the "cooling" chamber, really neat design! wish more vapes had that little screw on herb filter. I do not have a flowermate though so was interested in seeing how you would compare the two sticks. (besides them both being conduction)

radiant34,

Tickdickler

I've just spent the last hour or so reading this entire thread. And I want to point out that many of you have dodged a bullet. Members have been banned in the past for calling manufacturers or other members liars. It isn't tolerated. I'd like you all to keep that in mind as we move forward in this thread. :cool:

And, as usual, if anyone has a question or comment about this, please feel free to pm me.

I'm very sorry for my quick claims and I will be sure to not act so hastily towards a company again. I also apologize to @Boundless Vape Technology for things I said in regards to the device possibly being a re brand.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Super busy here with vapes and projects, but two nights ago I used the newFM Pro Mini5S thing, the CF and the CFX. I used them all once and liked the Boundless vapes better for vapor production and effects (I still need to compare it to the bigger FM). It's only one use, and I still need to use them all a whole lot more, but I like the performance of the boundless vapes. They hit similarly, making a combo like the S&B models in terms of form factor.

The CF is more like the Crafty in size, and it has five temps to choose from. It only has one button and five little blue lights, that are quite bright. While I like the CF a little better due to its size and simplicity, I really am growing to like the feedback the CFX gives. It has the haptic feedback, and I love how it not only gives me the temp reading and battery level indicator, but I really like the session timer countdown. I always know when it is going to turn off.

So, after a few sessions, I like the Boundless vapes for vapor production and form factor. I still can't speak to battery life or durability.

smokey_da_vape

So I took my cfx apart to make sure there was not melting of electronics or wires causing the fumes, I blew out the unit with some compressed air and there are no more fumes.
For a conduction unit the cfx produces some nice cool clouds at 365f, and even at 395f the vapour isn't harsh. The vapour maintains its flavour throughout a cpl of sessions. I'm liking the cfx. The haptic feedback is nice, the heat up time is crazy fast. This vaporizer will definitely fill some peoples needs when it comes to vaping.

Justpassedu

So i got my CFX on Saturday , i used it exclusively all weekend and i would say i probably put around 15 good sessions through it. I would still like to do more testing but so far it is a solid vape. I also have a few tips for everyone and things i happened to like. A couple of small things i did not like so far was i am getting a buzzing sound during sessions coming from the heater area , battery life on my unit is not amazing , i have only got around 5-6 sessions off of a full charge and this equates to around only 30 minutes until i am at 1 bar left of battery. Luckily its been charging up quickly for me using the included charger. Also i love the super quick heat up time , 10-15 seconds depending on temp selected to start your session although it takes longer as your battery drains. I would say at 3 bars and up on the battery meter it is a 10-15 second heat up time anything less and i was experiencing a longer heat up time of almost double. I love the size of the oven and for easy loading i been using this green funnel from a pack n stash tool that i purchased , it does not fit directly into the oven but stays over it and works great for 0 mess. I also been using the back end of boundless vapes poker and brush tool included to tamp my load down instead of sticking my finger in there. Vapor has been very cool for me even at temps over 400 on the CFX , i been starting at around 386F and working my way up. I can usually get 2 sessions off a full packing. The screen in my mouthpiece has been getting dirty very quickly , this is cleaned easy when the vape is still warm. I am going to try and find a better screen , i think one from the titan2 vaporizer may fit and has an actual screen as they look to both be screw in type of screens. I also used ratchett's universal water pipe adapter for a session through a small bubbler of mine , it stretches over the mouthpiece on the cfx and really milked my bubbler well and with ease. Vapor is already cool with out water but i had to try it. I have also found a way to achieve some Convection with this vape , you will not be able to pack a huge load as you will clog your screen but this is what i did , once my CFX was heated up from a previous session i had some nice heat going on in the bowl , I took a Arizer Eq elbow screen , DDave on the forums also supplies these as i actually used his screen but they are very similar. I packed very little herb in there , too much will clog and not fit and i placed that at the top of my bowl so it is not sitting at the bottom of the heater where most of the heat is generated. This worked well for some nice convection style hits as it drew the hot air up to my material in the elbow screen. I would say give it a try and lmk what you guys think , just don't pack to much i there , it will not fit as this is for small sessions , maybe 10 hits total i got out of it. I am really enjoying this vaporizer so far and will give it more testing all week . The oled screen is great , the oven is nice and big , and when the battery is charged up it provided super quick heat up times that i really liked. I also enjoyed the taste it provided allot and that was the 1st thing i had noticed using it.
A705D907-E3AC-4E9E-A244-F0E75915D808_zpsqtxifudv.jpg

DB9A5780-AA59-4911-B222-51EB20226681_zpsgn768dol.jpg

CB02E55D-F084-400A-A417-41E8B68684CA_zpsnyszsqjz.jpg

418CB140-9CFB-4488-9E8B-4E17AFA6084A_zpsujtth6s3.jpg

5ECA6A2F-8426-43FE-92D4-F0B541FBFEBD_zpsr17d06dd.jpg

731D6C05-0CF4-4E7F-905D-6404874F3FFA_zpsxdhqiexo.jpg
5EC70F70-B3EC-41EA-BC48-911FAB377E5A_zpssec26xmb.jpg

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I did a convection test as well with not much for results. I took a ddave mod type setup and mated it to the top of the bowl so nothing was touching the edge of the bowl. I turned it all the way up and only got wispy vapor after several hits of nothing but taste. My method removes the load too far from the bowl to really assess the convection properties, so I didn't bother to mention it. Thanks for sharing how you did it.

Great review and pics!

Justpassedu

I did a convection test as well with not much for results. I took a ddave mod type setup and mated it to the top of the bowl so nothing was touching the edge of the bowl. I turned it all the way up and only got wispy vapor after several hits of nothing but taste. My method removes the load too far from the bowl to really assess the convection properties, so I didn't bother to mention it. Thanks for sharing how you did it.

Great review and pics!
I'll try to get some more info as i use it more. As for my convection test , it works but you will need to crank the temp up a but to the 400's and have the oven preheated. My 1st few hits were wispy but i had better results after a reg session and pumping that temp up a bit , the clouds were not as big as a reg session but it def worked for me.

Justpassedu

Good results again with the CFX last night , I will try to use it as much as i can this week. I been trying to determine what type of draw and packing method works best. So far i think a really tight pack has yielded me more vapor over a somewhat loose packing with a medium draw speed. If anyone else has any comments on this i'd like to hear your methods so far ? Being lazy sometimes when it comes to having to wait for one of my other vapes to heat up has been annoying , the CFX has solved that with its super quick heat up time for me , I find myself reaching for it more as i know it will be ready to vape in 10-15 seconds. I also have the CF on the way this week the baby brother of the CFX and will post some results using it also. I am also really digging the companies CF Hybrid which looks to be a vaporizer on one end and a e-cig mod on the other all in one. I don't believe it is out yet. That is something i hope to test also in the future as i just got into vaping juice about a year back. it def looks to be the best of both worlds and something I'd like to carry around with me if it is not to heavy.

Top Bottom