Birthday approaching, what vape would you recommend

Status
Not open for further replies.

sal69

The topic nearly says it all =). As my birthday is approaching (but still 2 month away) i am starting to think what i should wish for ...

A vape would be nice was my first thought. But what should i get?

Here is some background about myself. I am vaping for two month now and haven't combusted anything since. I would consider myself a heavy user since i need my medicine daily. I usually consume 1-2 volcano bowls per evening and nothing during the daytime because i need to work ....
I already own a Volcano and a MFLB. So far i am very satisfied with my duo, but i also like playing around with new stuff.
So i do not need another bag vape and portability is not necessary.

What do you think would be a nice addition to my duo and why?

From what i have seen so far a whip vape would be the first option.
Since i live in Europe availability is also a concern. Sadly i see no chance to try any of the vapes discussed here since all my buddies still combust ... so i will have to somehow rely on you guys =).

[edit: wrong forum sorry, maybe a mod can move this?]

sal69,

max

Out to lunch
Since Vaposhop has a good selection, a good reputation, and a 10% discount for FC members, I'd be looking there. You can go high end with a Herbo, or get performance and reliability with the SSV or DBV. Those are the models I'd be looking at, considering your location. They'll all give you great direct draw hits, and the differences are mainly all glass vs. whip style, and price of course.

max,
Reactions: sal69

quentin123

I'd probably go with a herborizer or a Vriptech heat wand (I'm pretty sure they do a EU plug version). Although in reality I reckon I would save my cash for when you can get yourself a VapeXhale Cloud.

quentin123,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
the VRIP is harder to find in europe, i think there was a german website that had it, verdampft something. i can try and find out if you like.

You can also get a log vape, you can find Underdogs at lacentralevapeur.com

vorrange,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think Vorrange is revering to http://verdampftnochmal.de

I've completely fallen for logs myself recently. So much so that I can't imagine ever needing another vape tbh. They used to be hard to get here in EU, but there are a few you can get over here nowadays, although some may take longer to get because of waiting lists.

I'm not sure if you're interested in these kind of vapes at all, but I would advise you to have a look at the Underdog, the HI, and the Toasty Top. Like Vorragne wrote the UD has a French distributor, so you wouldn't have to import that one yourself which keeps the price lower (no custom fees and import taxes).

sal69

thank you very much guys, so many replies in this short timeframe is much more than i was expecting.

i actually know verdampftnochmal.de, thats where i got my MFLB.

The Log vapes really look nice and many people recommend them, sadly i had no chance to see one in action so far. Most of them do not feature temperature control, do you feel this is needed for a whip based vape? I think it is very handy on my cano digital to extract the different components of joy sleeping inside the herb.

I also read many good things about the VapeXhale Cloud, although i must say that i am looking for a silent vape. The wife has been complaining about my loud volcano bags =(. And i heard that the Cloud will emmit a rather loud clicking noise, i dont know if this could be an issue.

Do you guys think i should go for a device implementing water filtration directly?
I asume i could also add water filtration rather easy to any other whip based system?

sal69,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, I had a hard time enjoying my UD before I got more voltage-options. I use a variable PSU myself to control the temperature.

Here's a little more info on those if you're interested.

There should be a lot more videos availeble, but this was the only one that demonstrates the UD I could find quickly. You can find several more of pretty much any vape if you skim to their threads for a bit.

There's a video posted by Iloveboobs in the Cloud thread which let you here the clicking sound yourself. I don't think it's that loud and it kinda reminded me of purring kittens, but I can imagine it being annoying nevertheless.

I never vape without water filtration btw. Most vapes mate easily with a 14,4mm GonG connection.

OhTheAgony,

max

Out to lunch
The Log vapes really look nice and many people recommend them, sadly i had no chance to see one in action so far. Most of them do not feature temperature control, do you feel this is needed for a whip based vape?
You can get the HI with a variable power supply, but your location throws a wrench into using the one that Alan supplies.

I also read many good things about the VapeXhale Cloud, although i must say that i am looking for a silent vape. The wife has been complaining about my loud volcano bags =(. And i heard that the Cloud will emmit a rather loud clicking noise, i dont know if this could be an issue.
The water filtration will make more noise than the clicking. If anyone said the clicking is loud, they must be vaping in a silent and soundproof room. I never heard the clicking at all until it was mentioned and I put the unit up to my ear, and I've a had a production unit for a while, and was a beta tester as well. And the Cloud uses such a small amount of water that the noise from that is minor, compared to a Volcano. You can also use the HT without any water. You will have to wait a while if you order a Cloud, although the shipping train is picking up speed now. They're not producing 220V versions yet either, so that may delay you unless you opt for a voltage converter.

I asume i could also add water filtration rather easy to any other whip based system?
Correct.

max,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
The whip usually lessens the flavour, hence the preference to use directly on the water device.

But if you use it atached to a whip it will be nice just as well. There is a water device in verdampfnochmal that u can use with a whip without an adapter.

vorrange,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
i highly recommend a log vaporizer. i have a UD myself and my interests for any other vaporizer have completely stopped after discovering logs. very efficient and extracts all the goodies that i want.

HighlyEducatedScholar,
Reactions: darkrom

darkrom

Great Scott!
Another vote that the underdog will complement your setup well. They ship worldwide!

darkrom,

sal69

So LOG vaporizers seem to be very popular. Maybe i should order one.

While searching for vaporizers i came across the ROOR vaporizer, finally a product more expensive than the volcano LOL.
Or what do you think about the Vriptech Vaporization Heat Wand Ver. 3.0?
Since i own a volcano i also saw that storz-bickel has a new vaporizer the Plenty, any thoughts on that one? From what i saw it looks like a tool from "home improvement" ....

It would be too great to try any of these vapes, but sadly its hard in my location. Obviously no store can/will let you try out anything here ...
Any ideas where i could get my hands on one of the vapes described above for trying it out?

Thank you for your answers!

sal69,

vape4life

Banned for life
Log vapes can take a long time to heatup, although the HI heats up super quick. The Solo is another you may consider although it is a portable. Super quick heat up time (you can be vaping in a minute) and silent, stealthy, etc. Get the AC battery bypass adapter and you have yourself an efficient quiet vape.

Otherwise I can recommend the Herborizer (same as your Roor you're looking at) and VHW, although I prefer the herbo for simplicity of design. But they both take 10+ mins. to heat up.

The Cloud is noisy not cause of the clicking, or even water, but that sound of wind or whistling is prominent. Although the Cloud is supposed to be awesome, it still takes around 10 mins to get to temp which I was I have the Solo so I can vape in 1 min. when I need to.

Either way, you're on the right track! :)

vape4life,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Log vapes can take a long time to heatup, although the HI heats up super quick.

My prototype core Underdog log vape heats up in ~2 minutes - 3 minutes MAX on my car adapter. Not much longer on 12v outlet either, I simply haven't timed it but I'd say 5-7 min on outlet.

darkrom,

vape4life

Banned for life
wow, i gotta start reading that thread. I was under the assumption that log vapes took like more than 1/2hr to heat up except for the HI.

vape4life,

sal69

After reading even more articles about the different vaporizers i am almost certainly sure ^^that i want a device using water filtration, also because none of my current vapes feature this.

I am leaning towards getting an SSV.
Does anybody know a good european distributor that also sells all the accessories?

The only thing that is somehow putting me off all the glass vaporizers is the cleaning? From some youtube videos i watched you can see that there seems to be a lot of residuum buildup in the wand & whip.

How much time do you guys spend cleaning this baby and how hard is it to remain a "like new" look on these glass pieces?
Because that is what i love about the volano, the easy cleaning procedure, and after doing this once a week it looks like new. (I mean cleaning the herb-chamber and the baloon-valve piece, i never actually had to clean the volcano itself).
I like to keep my stuff clean, since i consider vaping something like consuming food and i don't want to eat of the same plate for a month without cleaning it ...
How much hassle will it be to keep the SSV clean?

thanks for all the answers, what would i do without you guys =)

sal69,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
although you say that you're leaning towards the SSV, i really think you should reconsider the UD especially if you want something compatible with water filtration.

with the UD, theres no need for an adapter. the silicon stem it comes with will fit just fine into most water pieces. also, no cleaning is really necessary for the UD as you're worried about. the only cleaning needed is that the stem sometimes gets gunked up which you can wash out with ISO or just cut yourself a new stem.

i was able to scrounge up this video by a fellow FC member, Abysmal Vapor, who is vapor bonging with a UD. this video personally was the convincing factor to buy one.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=rvwytt&s=5

HighlyEducatedScholar,

max

Out to lunch
Does anybody know a good european distributor that also sells all the accessories?
Vaposhop offers an FC member discount. I don't think any reseller carries all the accessories.

How much time do you guys spend cleaning this baby and how hard is it to remain a "like new" look on these glass pieces?
Cleaning the SSV means just cleaning the wand with some ISO. You can clean the tubing but most just replace it after a while. I'd rather have to keep an SSV clean than a Volcano.

max,

sal69

although you say that you're leaning towards the SSV, i really think you should reconsider the UD especially if you want something compatible with water filtration.

with the UD, theres no need for an adapter. the silicon stem it comes with will fit just fine into most water pieces. also, no cleaning is really necessary for the UD as you're worried about. the only cleaning needed is that the stem sometimes gets gunked up which you can wash out with ISO or just cut yourself a new stem.

i was able to scrounge up this video by a fellow FC member, Abysmal Vapor, who is vapor bonging with a UD. this video personally was the convincing factor to buy one.
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=rvwytt&s=5
luckily i got another month to decide so anything is possible.

About using a bong to vape. Would you guys recommend getting a standard bong (14mm or 18mm) and then getting adapters for the vape in question, lets say a SSV or UD or similar?
Or is it recommended to get i.e. the original SSV ice chamber?
The same question also goes for the Underdog, should i go for original accessories or is everything standardized enough so i can get "standard" glass?

I am asking this because its rather easy getting hold of the vape itself, but the accessories are very hard to get. Consider what they offer for the SSV on the homepage compared to what you can actually buy here in europe :(.
So as i currently see it i will order the vaporizer in question and then go to my local headshop got buy some glass for it. Or would you guys recommend something different?

sal69,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Considering you live in Europe, i would try and check your local headshop, unless it has some poor quality glass. If that is the case check the EU online shops like everyonedoesit, verdampftnochmal or head-nature. They have a rather good selection of glass and acessories. :)

weedemon

enthusiast
SSV or UD are both going to be a great choice...

The UD- gives huge clouds, works great with water filtration, has a fixed temp (you can influence heat to a degree with speed of your inhale slower = hotter), beautiful wood finishes, And on top of it all, it would be helping a fellow European (be sure to mention you want to help abysmal vapor's cause) http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threa...and-cry-for-your-help.5752/page-2#post-216354

SSV - gives huge clouds, does hashes very well, the adjustable temp is handy, shorter heatup time (5-10 min) very solid construction. (the classic style connections tends to be the preferred type)

since you said you want water filtration the cloud is king. if water filtration, big rips, and flavour are your priorities then the cloud takes the cake.

if you can afford to wait a little bit just wait for the cloud my friend, but if you want a vape today then get one of the 2 above.

weedemon,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
You can have full temp control on any log-vape with a variable PSU, I recommend one to everyone who loves logs.

I think 14mm glass is the easiest size to mate with vaporizers, I haven't met a vape yet that I couldn't hook up to my Ehle without using an adapter. But if you are planning to use a waterpipe adapter it really doesn't matter which size you choose because those come in both sizes.

I cut a tapered end to my UD stems to mate them with a 14mm GonG connection. It works well as long as you cut it right, but I'm finally starting to think an adapter might be nice to have too. A 18mm connection would be to wide to mate with the standard UD stem or SSV tubing (which also mates nicely with a 14mm GonG connection) without an adapter.

If you want to get an idea of what kind of glass you can get over here the shops Vorrange mentions are a good place to start. Grasscity is another option btw.

7thfloor has some nice stuff too, but it's a bit too expensive imo.

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: vorrange

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
luckily i got another month to decide so anything is possible.

About using a bong to vape. Would you guys recommend getting a standard bong (14mm or 18mm) and then getting adapters for the vape in question, lets say a SSV or UD or similar?
Or is it recommended to get i.e. the original SSV ice chamber?
The same question also goes for the Underdog, should i go for original accessories or is everything standardized enough so i can get "standard" glass?

in the case of the UD, it will come with anything that you will need for use on it's own as well as stems which also double as adapters for water pipes. for example, i have a small bubbler that is a 14mm that i just fit the silicone stem inside and provides a nice airtight fit for the UD. no special adapters needed, just the standard silicone stem. as far as water pipes that are 18mm, i don't have one of my own so i can't really comment from my own experience but im sure its definitely possible seeing as how many UD owners love their dogs with water :tup:

keep in mind what OTA suggested. Having a variable PSU will be worth considering for those outside of the US to ensure your UD if running at the correct voltage. although, this would probably be the only accessory that you would need to buy besides the vape itself. if you do find you need anymore accessories, email Dave and his great customer service will definitely straighten you out asap.

AND as weedemon stated above, if you get a UD you can help out a fellow FC member's, Abysmal Vapors, situation seeing as how Dave is agreed to donate some proceeds towards him.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

sal69

The "log-style" vapes are very interesting, if only i knew which one to pick.

I took a look at the individual threads and also on this thread comparing log vapes (http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/log-vape-roundup.3192/).
However i failed to see major differences. Did i miss out on something or can i pick one purely based on the looks? Is there one that has already variable voltage/temp included or do you need a seperate power adapter for all of them?

thank you so much for your help!

sal69,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
The "log-style" vapes are very interesting, if only i knew which one to pick.

I took a look at the individual threads and also on this thread comparing log vapes (http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/log-vape-roundup.3192/).
However i failed to see major differences. Did i miss out on something or can i pick one purely based on the looks? Is there one that has already variable voltage/temp included or do you need a seperate power adapter for all of them?

thank you so much for your help!

A lot has changed since that thread went up. For one thing, the Zap is no longer made of brass. It now has a solid ss core and ceramic insulation and Rick will soon be supplying a vv in addition to his fixed wall adapter. There are also other log vapes that have surfaced since then, including the TT, the HI and the UD. All of these also have the option of a vv supply.

I would suggest you look a little harder into the log vape threads if you are, indeed, interested in one. They each offer something unique. :2c:

momofthegoons,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom