best way to consume concentrates

Status
Not open for further replies.

msitework

Hey guys,
I'm fairly new to the vaporizer phenomenon. I'm in a non legal state so access has been limited, but I just got a good source for concentrates. My wife bought me a plenty vaporizer based on a recommendation from the local head shop, unfortunately they weren't listening to the part about switching to concentrates. They wouldn't take an unused plenty back so she bought me a kandypens gravity, which was awesome for a few days then the atomizer gets nasty and has to be replaced. I already went through several atomizers and im looking for a solution that I don't have to buy a $20 atomizer every few days. I wouldn't mind a little more power also. Please help me sort this out and recommend something that really works awesome.

Baron23

Hey guys,
I'm fairly new to the vaporizer phenomenon. I'm in a non legal state so access has been limited, but I just got a good source for concentrates. My wife bought me a plenty vaporizer based on a recommendation from the local head shop, unfortunately they weren't listening to the part about switching to concentrates. They wouldn't take an unused plenty back so she bought me a kandypens gravity, which was awesome for a few days then the atomizer gets nasty and has to be replaced. I already went through several atomizers and im looking for a solution that I don't have to buy a $20 atomizer every few days. I wouldn't mind a little more power also. Please help me sort this out and recommend something that really works awesome.
Your Galaxy should work fine. DO NOT LOAD UP A PEN LIKE YOU WERE LOADING A SEMI-TRUCK.

Small, rice to pea size at a time. Vape it until its gone. After vaping, do a clearing draw to make sure the air holes are clear when it cools down and leave it to cool in a vertical position.

If you put too much in it or lay them flat while the concentrates are hot and liquid, you will just end up with leaking concentrates making a mess.

Also, you can clean atomizers. You can run a couple of full powered cycles with the mouthpiece off and the pen upside down and drip out reclaim/residue. Do this over a silicone wax container or mat like the Oil Slick.

Then, also keeping it upside and off of the battery, very gently clean with ISO and a q-tip. Also take q-tip and ISO and clean out the electrical connection, particularly clean up the 510 fitting on the atomizer if there is an gunk there. If reclaim has gotten down in the batter connection, hold upside down and clean with ISO and q-tip.

Lastly, what kind of concentrates. If its e-juice type thin cartridge type concentrates, it won't work and I don't have a good solution for that. If its wax, shatter, or thick BHO then your Galaxy should work fine and last a long time.

Cheers

msitework

I appreciate the help. That was definitely my problem in the beginning, I was overloading it quite a bit. I have learned to go smaller but it just doesn't do it for me like this, I guess you could say I'm a heavy user with a high tolerance. I have been cleaning them but they don't really come very clean, that gunk on the coils messes with the vapor and the taste. Im new to concentrates and would consider what lm getting wax and shatter. It's not oily but melts quick, and is kind of gooey
thanks again

Baron23

I appreciate the help. That was definitely my problem in the beginning, I was overloading it quite a bit. I have learned to go smaller but it just doesn't do it for me like this, I guess you could say I'm a heavy user with a high tolerance. I have been cleaning them but they don't really come very clean, that gunk on the coils messes with the vapor and the taste. Im new to concentrates and would consider what lm getting wax and shatter. It's not oily but melts quick, and is kind of gooey
thanks again
Well, the pens have some limitations. I'm not a torch guy. If you like big rips, a nail or banger, torch, and glass piece may be what you want but it will cost some to get into this. Me, I like e-nails as I just don't want to mess with torches, guesstimating the temp of the nail, etc.

Personally, I love my Auber e-nail controller (I have the 300 but could have easily saved $55 and not lose any performance), and CCA 710 Liger Banger and carb cap with the SiC insert...but again, mo' money.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=45

http://www.cca710.com/liger/

I have a couple of pens and do like them for casual vaping of concentrates but the Liger/enail approach is what I use when I want to rip.

turk

turk
....ditch the pens...get a portable (many to choose from)....or if you want ...splurge and get a desktop...more options than pens now...but if you must...checkout source.

KimDracula

There are a bunch of battery-powered portables out there now like that Dabado Bolt or the Cloud V Electro. Since there are at least a half-dozen slightly different versions of these from different companies I don't know which is the best value but this seems like a great option for dabs on the go. They all have little bubbler attachments, too. Check 'em out. I'm sure they'll beat vape pens.

Baron23

There are a bunch of battery-powered portables out there now like that Dabado Bolt or the Cloud V Electro. Since there are at least a half-dozen slightly different versions of these from different companies I don't know which is the best value but this seems like a great option for dabs on the go. They all have little bubbler attachments, too. Check 'em out. I'm sure they'll beat vape pens.
@msitework - yes, Kim and Turk reminded me that there are portable alternatives to pure pens.

Here is a complete portable enail kit from Source. What I particularly like about it is that it has atomizers with sealed bucket inserts so no leakage (at least we would hope not). As you will see, if you already have a box mod they will sell you the enail attachment or for $199 you get a kit with box mod, enail, and a number of atomizers.

https://www.sourcevapes.com/collections/source-nail

Then there is always the box mod and ceramic atomizer approach. These will leak if you overfill or don't clean them. Temp control box mods are legion and can be bought all over the place. 40-50W is plenty. I have an Eleaf TC 100W and don't really need that much power (but its two removeable 18650 batteries so it has staying power).

Here is a kit from Divine Tribes who I like

http://ineedhemp.com/product-category/complete-vaporizer-kits/

Atmos also makes a similar oven they called the Kiln but have also come out with a new RDA type repairable oven, the Kiln RA. The regular Kiln is more money than DT and I don't see any difference (and I have both).

Lots of ways to go.

Danksta

Hey guys,

Get a proper oil rig setup.

I personally wasted too much product, time and money messing with all the pens out there. Getting a oil rig and enail has been the one of the smartest decisions I ever made. If I want something portable I like carts. I'm done with those wax pens.

msitework

You guys are awesome. I went yesterday and got a full blown dab rig, it is bad ass, now just to go through your suggestions for a portable option. Thanks again

Morty

Dab rigs are the bomb when you wanna get the most out of your concentrates, but a good pen shouldn't be overlooked for when your on the go & out & about. Bored shopping w/ your wife all day & need a pick me up ? Boom, pen to the rescue. Having a hard day at work & need an quick attitude adjustment right there & then ? Bam! Pen to the rescue. It won't beat a rig, but it's not meant too. Both have their place in the stoner's arsenal.

TboneToker

Dab rigs are the bomb when you wanna get the most out of your concentrates, but a good pen shouldn't be overlooked for when your on the go & out & about. Bored shopping w/ your wife all day & need a pick me up ? Boom, pen to the rescue. Having a hard day at work & need an quick attitude adjustment right there & then ? Bam! Pen to the rescue. It won't beat a rig, but it's not meant too. Both have their place in the stoner's arsenal.

I will never understand how people dislike shopping with their wife. I love shopping with people I enjoy

zor

I dunno, I've given up on my quartz banger and nail in favor of a pen. I feel like a broken record or a blind fanboy but I get equivalent flavor and clouds (should I desire it, I usually don't) from the Yocan Evolve + at a far lower price point and with greater convenience than my torch and banger/nail setup.

Been using it 5-7 days a week on average since May and the atomizers are functioning perfectly well (gotta clean em regularly) and battery life seems unaffected so far. I can't get over how perfect this device is for my needs, apart from needing to LAYG. The price point is incredibly fair too, I can't recommend it enough and have bought many as gifts for friends (https://www.amazon.com/Yocan-Evolve-Plus-Pen-Black/dp/B01K0FG5WQ for example).

Yesterday I went to a Renn faire with my goddaughter, her parents, and some.of.our other friends. I'm certainly a nerd/geek/dork/whatever but get anxiety from large crowds and it was absolutely nuts there...had the Yocan, took two stealthy hits and exhaled into my shirt, bam, flavor city, anxiety managed, skin crawl activated, and relaxation achieved....and munchies amplified by 4728472820% :(

Last edited:

OldOyler

Fire it again. I can still find the ground.
I dunno, I've given up on my quartz banger and nail in favor of a pen. I feel like a broken record or a blind fanboy but I get equivalent flavor and clouds (should I desire it, I usually don't) from the Yocan Evolve + at a far lower price point and with greater convenience than my torch and banger/nail setup.

Been using it 5-7 days a week on average since May and the atomizers are functioning perfectly well (gotta clean em regularly) and battery life seems unaffected so far. I can't get over how perfect this device is for my needs, apart from needing to LAYG. The price point is incredibly fair too, I can't recommend it enough and have bought many as gifts for friends (https://www.amazon.com/Yocan-Evolve-Plus-Pen-Black/dp/B01K0FG5WQ for example).

Yesterday I went to a Renn faire with my goddaughter, her parents, and some.of.our other friends. I'm certainly a nerd/geek/dork/whatever but get anxiety from large crowds and it was absolutely nuts there...had the Yocan, took two stealthy hits and exhaled into my shirt, bam, flavor city, anxiety managed, skin crawl activated, and relaxation achieved....and munchies amplified by 4728472820% :(
Peace all!

I really appreciate hearing this. I just got a Yocan Torch and small donated bubbler for home, and I adore it. 4 pulls and I'll see ya' in 3-4 hours. Been thinking about a new portable "something".

Right now my on-the-go version is a CoilMonster (don't know if that's the brand or the place, I think both) full-metal hitter on top of my Kanger 1600mah VV pen (have two of them, heck still have their tanks too - don't like vape oil particularly now that I have had wax, shatter, etc.)

BUT...since I guess the thread title means I have to pick one method and not be a waffler, okay.

My personal favorite way (to date) is my Yocan Torch with dual quartz, on a simple honeycomb bubbler.

She had me at "4 pulls"...

:tup:

Peace and great vaping to everybody!

yocan_side.jpg

Still said I have time, so the Yocan Torch in its "Portable-Ish" configuration... (i.e. - sitting with bubbler in the box it came in!)

yocan_portableish.jpg

Last edited:

msitework

Sorry it took me some time to respond, ive been out of touch. I got a 16" rig that has a glass grenade as the centerpiece of the rig, it's pretty cool. Ill try to figure out how to post a picture. I also got a titanium banger, and it seems to be harsh, is glass better? I still use my pen when I'm on the go, just not nearly as much. I'm starting to play with edibles and tinctures as well. Loving every minute of it. I think I fucked up on the decarb process for my tincture though, I used a gram of good shatter to 10ml of ever clear. Tasted horrible and very mild buzz with 4ml dose

msitework,

herbivore21

I prefer a high end enail with next gen materials like sapphire or silicone carbide where possible. I dont do pens, they just aren't fit for the task with full melt which is what I dab. My vapcap is my portable for concentrates with an ss concentrate pad in the bottom.

I have vapexnails and an evo which are nice to change it up for a bit of convection at ultra low temp (8 o'clock or so!). Still sapphire beats all of them out.

Ive used all kinds of the pens out there, the most expensive options and some mid range ones. They don't compare to any of the options above ime :peace:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I prefer a high end enail with next gen materials like sapphire or silicone carbide where possible. I dont do pens, they just aren't fit for the task with full melt which is what I dab. My vapcap is my portable for concentrates with an ss concentrate pad in the bottom.

I have vapexnails and an evo which are nice to change it up for a bit of convection at ultra low temp (8 o'clock or so!). Still sapphire beats all of them out.

Ive used all kinds of the pens out there, the most expensive options and some mid range ones. They don't compare to any of the options above ime :peace:
Hi ya bud,

Have you ever tried full melt hash in a GrassHopper?

I know people have tried keif in the GrassHopper sandwiched between herb and have reported positive results.

Ive also seen people use rosin wrapped in cotton wool with great success.

Not had any full melt hash to try myself so just curious if you had.

GreenHopper,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom