Best portable vape for my needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyess

Hello all!
Could someone plz suggest a good vape with following criteria met?

- pocket sized
- li-ion battery powered
- removable battery
- vapes herbs
- with a fine screen (not to get herb particles/dust into mouth/lungs)
- the red hot filament not touching herbs (not to turn herb into black ash like VaporCone)

I have researched many portable vapes and have come up with only 1 option that meets all those:
Thermovape Cera

.. but having more options would nice :)

Thanks!! Fuk combustion!

Hyess,
Reactions: steama

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hello all!
Could someone plz suggest a good vape with following criteria met?

- li-ion battery powered
- removable battery
- vapes herbs
- with a fine screen (not to get herb particles/dust into mouth/lungs)
- the red hot filament not touching herbs (not to turn herb into black ash like VaporCone)

I have researched many portable vapes and have come up with only 1 option that meets all those:
Cera

.. but having more options would be nice, and cera is too big anyways

Thanks!! Fuk combustion!
You might want to check out the Flash Vape.

:peace:

Stu,

Hyess

Thanks Stu.
But I forgot to include one more criteria:
- pocket sized

(initial post edited)

Hyess,

Vakas

How about Omicron/Persei? with the herb chamber and their SS kits, it might not be a bad option. Check out the threads under Portable Vapes

I realized you mention no direct contact with the herbs, you can use Bender attachment, but then its not a pocket sized vape anymore.

Vakas,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
start by filtering out everything without removable batteries and you will be left with not much to look at. Your other requirements eliminate all the remaining contenders. I can't think of anything out there that hits all these points yet.

The mflb does it all for you except the screen will blacken your herbs from time to time. The FV hits everything you want except being pocketable...but it's real close to pocketable and can fit in jackets easily.

stickstones,
Reactions: steama

Hyess

You CAN use mflb without burning the herb and it meets all said criteria (except li-ion).. but its annoying to use, not comfortable.

So what are the good vapes that allow for removable batteries? A lot of pen vapes do but a lot of them have the filament touching the herb thus burning it

Hyess,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
you CAN use any vape without burning your herb. but your requirements state the element cannot be touching the herb.

at this point in time you are probably going to have to determine what you want to compromise. I know of nothing out there that is going to satisfy the said requirements.

stickstones,

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
like the saying goes, there are no solutions, only compromises....

vaporonly,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Hyes, I'd take another look at the inahalater. Even thought the battery isn't easy to remove, it's battery life is huge. And you can use it while it is charging. It charges via USB so it can be charge anywhere. It seems like it might be the best option.

CentiZen,

max

Out to lunch
You CAN use mflb without burning the herb and it meets all said criteria (except li-ion).. but its annoying to use, not comfortable.
I don't find it annoying or uncomfortable, but then I'm happy driving a stickshift unless I'm stuck in a traffic jam. I assume you prefer an automatic though, at least for vaping.

A lot of pen vapes do but a lot of them have the filament touching the herb thus burning it
Actually very few vapes (conduction) have the heater or heat exchanger in contact with the herb. Combustion, with a good brand name (or even a good design) is easily preventable when vaping.

stickstones said:
I know of nothing out there that is going to satisfy the said requirements.
:nod: Maybe some day, but for now you have to work with the technology that's available.

Chill Dude

Thermovape Cera!

True, but the Cera is way down on most peoples list for Herb. If you want a solid portable
for Herb there are much better choices , but as Sticks said you have to make some compromises. although the Cera is arguably the best vape around for oil/concentrates; if you read the Cera thread you will find that most FC members consider The Cera to be only a fair to average vape for herbs...

Chill Dude,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
start by filtering out everything without removable batteries and you will be left with not much to look at. Your other requirements eliminate all the remaining contenders. I can't think of anything out there that hits all these points yet.
:nod: Maybe some day, but for now you have to work with the technology that's available.
You guys mean except for the Cera, right? It hits all the points he listed with flying colors. He mentioned it in the first post and everything…

True, but the Cera is way down on most peoples list for Herb. If you want a solid portable for Herb there are much better choices , but as Sticks said you have to make some compromises. although the Cera is arguably the best vape around for oil/concentrates; if you read the Cera thread you will find that most FC members consider The Cera to be only a fair to average vape for herbs...
I don't think that's a fair assessment of the Cera, or the Cera thread. If you read everything in there, you'll see instead that what you've described is the majority skepticism that's present in non-owners, as well as the LL cart being outshone by the more obviously ground-breaking oil cart. When you take away all of the people who haven't actually used one, you'll see that it's getting high marks. Darkrom for one mentioned feeling he'd be putting his Cloud away in favor of the Cera.

Unfortunately, he's currently dealing with trouble getting a battery tube that isn't faulty. I totally understand a fear of spending money on Cera right now in light of that, but it's really important to note that the issues are with the battery tube, not the loose leaf cart itself. The design is completely modular, so there are no issues with waiting for the impending "Cera Mini" battery tube, or the also impending thread adapters that'll allow you to use Cera carts on a different battery tube entirely such as older TET gear or other manufacturer's components. There is also very likely an official power adapter that'll come out sometime in the next year that could theoretically replace the battery tube entirely. And of course, TET's customer service is stellar and they stand behind their product completely. If you're unfortunate and don't have your gear running 100% out of the gate these days, you don't have to fear that they won't make it right.

Disclosure: I'm a Cera-LL-only owner and user, no oil cart here.

I think having user-replaceable batteries is an under-valued point. Besides allowing you to extend your usage without having to find a place to recharge, batteries are the fastest developing technology involved in portable vapes. With a vape that has user replacement of batteries as part of the design, like the MFLB, FlashVAPE, or Cera, you're setting yourself up to be able to easily take advantage of the advancements in battery tech that are without a doubt on the way. Just look at how happy people are over in the launch box thread with the new batteries that have just come out breathing new power into a 5-year-old design. You're also voting with your money– supporting the rare engineers that are sticking with user-end battery replacement as a design point. Apple seems to be popularizing batteries that need screwdrivers (at a minimum) to replace. That's not a trend I want to support.

And, since we're talking about upgrading the vape with batteries long into the future, you also have to take into account estimations of longevity for the piece of equipment you're buying. The engineers at TET take this as an integral part of their philosophy; they want to do their best not to create more e-waste to be dealt with in the future. Looking at recent vapes that don't allow you to easily replace the battery, like the Inhalater or the Pinnacle, their designs and materials don't inspire a sense of long life like the materials and design philosophies evident in the Cera do. No weak switches, no plastic, no electronics. You can bet that, barring a massive impact shattering the ceramic, your Cera will still be puffing along for generations of battery technology to come. People invest in expensive glass, and this is stronger, so I'd think many could get over a fear of broken ceramic. Don't forget that it's definitely not your average coffee cup material either.

Looking at another point, OP's desire for a good screen, again the Cera is peerless with its "screen-less screen" system, though not simply for its ability to stop scoobies like the OP wanted. Plenty of vapes do that just fine, of course.

For those unfamiliar with the Cera's mouthpiece design, it consists of a ceramic 'UFO' system, where the vapor is forced through multiple 90º turns prior to reaching your mouth. The effectiveness of such a design, combined with the material used (all ceramic), creates something really incredible in my opinion. In terms of purity you can look at it as completely equivalent with an all-glass system, and the ceramic's thermal properties mean that it performs a significant amount of cooling as well.

From an engineering and construction standpoint, you can see how exciting the ceramic material is if you think about the vastly different machining characteristics that ceramic possesses in comparison to glass. The mouthpiece is intricate, tiny, and mass-produced. Replace it all with glass in your mind, and you have something that can't be realistically manufactured on a large scale. But, we don't need glass! This is better! I understand that this is something that can be difficult to grasp after seeing glass as the holy grail of purity in vaporizers for many years.

When you think about how close you are to the >1000ºF heating coil in the Cera, and the kind of heat needed in the airstream to effectively vaporize via convection, and then notice that you've been pulling a cloud without even realizing it… I can't be the only one who finds that amazing? Cera delivers cool and pleasant vapor while effectively utilizing portable convection. And it does so with a purity in the air-path that most thought was only possible using glass. It's stronger than glass, too!

Then, you can start thinking about reclaim. It's easy to see how exciting the reclaim possibilities are when you replace the ceramic with glass in your mind, as we're all much more familiar with glass's properties in this regard. The 'UFO' in the mouthpiece collects the reclaim wonderfully for you, and then it wipes right off while the ceramic is warm. Mmm, tasty.

Oh yeah, and the Cera LL vaporizes… Very well. Not just flowers either, this thing sings when you give it bubble hash.

Sorry for such a long post, and for addressing everyone except for the OP in his own thread; I feel like most of the time I'm preaching to the choir with my experience reports in the Cera thread. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get in touch with a few skeptics! Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom