Best of the Haze Vaporizer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevorzamani

Hi Guys, Thanks for all the info. I just joined the forum. I ordered a Pax and then I heard about the Haze and saw this thread.

Should I return it and get a Haze instead?

Two things bother me about the Haze. One is the door/lid which seems like it's just waiting to break and the other is the fact that concentrates will leak out if it's upright (in your pocket)

Thanks in advance for your help ladies and gentlemen.
I own Haze and Pax. I love them both but i use Haze way more than my Pax now since Scott at this forum invented the prepack the cans concept. I also recently got into wax and oils which Haze does the job pretty effectively. When i use it wax or oil, i do not experience any leaks but several people mentioned that so not sure if its because i never fill it up all the way or if its the way i hold the unit. I clean it once every 4-5 days i believe although it is very quick and easy. If you use liquids, it should not be a problem since there is a cotton wick in the can but if you use wax/oil and fill it up all the way, i am not sure how that works. The instructions advise not to fill it up all the way. Overall, if you can financially keep them both, they are both keepers. If not, i wiuld recommend Haze. About the lid, it is pretty solid/sturdy. I dont think that you can break it easily.

trevorzamani,

scottg402

Hi Guys, Thanks for all the info. I just joined the forum. I ordered a Pax and then I heard about the Haze and saw this thread.

Should I return it and get a Haze instead?

Two things bother me about the Haze. One is the door/lid which seems like it's just waiting to break and the other is the fact that concentrates will leak out if it's upright (in your pocket)

Thanks in advance for your help ladies and gentlemen.
Three of us on here have both and enjoy both. You really can't go wrong with either.

That said you really need to consider the situation for your primary use. If you are out and want something really small and discrete then it's hard to beat the Pax.

However you still get a pretty small form factor with the Haze plus you get the ability to handle e liquid, wax/oil which you really can't get with the Pax. Then consider you get the prepack cans option, removable batteries, dual bowls, cooler vapor, easier cleaning and better taste (IMO) with the Haze. The Pax can offer none of this.

If you are worried about the door, I wouldn't. My original run unit his holding up just fine and I am pretty sure they have fixed that for the second run and beyond.

For what it's worth my buddy tried my Haze for the first time this weekend. He liked it for all the advantages mentioned above but would still pick the Pax if he could only have one.

I on the other hand would probably choose the Haze if I could only have one but again am very happy I have both.

This just highlights what everyone on FC already knows. There is no perfect vape out there for everyone and it comes down to personal preference.

I hope you enjoy whichever you end up with and if you have the means I would not hesitate to keep both!

scottg402,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

NickDlow

Log Hog
When I experience leaks it's not filled all the way at all. When I put in my shatter it is a thin layer that covers the bottom surface of the can. When it heats up the viscosity is more like a liquid and leaks out the hole on the lid when held upright. If it it horizontal there are no leaks what so ever.

I also own the pax and haze and IMO the combo of the two are unmatched!! If u can afford it I'd get both. My pax I use at work and my haze basically everywhere else I don't need to be so discreet. The pax is very stealthy to load and use and is exceptional taste and high for the simplicity of the device. Now the haze is like the Swiss Army knife of vapes it's so versatile. U can use the 2 different types of screens conduction or convection. Now the forum favorite that Scott came up with is the prepack bud in the cans for convection. If you also use concentrates the haze is incredible a dab that would be gone in one hit could last over 30min which I've experienced. U can also mix the bud and concentrates for a nice session too.

I recently started putting a screen on top of my bud in the can and place the silicone lid on the screen. Idk if it does anything to the vapor but I mainly did it for storage when it's in my case I experienced some flower falling out. Problem solved.

Can one of u guys try this and see if it makes any difference. I just cut the sides off the convection screen and use the bottom on the bud. Let me kno if u guys try it and what u think

NickDlow,

Lets_Vape

I just got my tracking code so it will be shipped out soon, let the waiting begin :)
I ordered it through "Vapor Seller" which got mentioned earlier in this thread, after failing to calculate a shipping cost there a representative emailed me an invoice directly which saved me over $20 in shipping to EU
It seems like they are or are affiliated with vaporizerUSA

The Paypal invoice I got from them said from "HAZE INDUSTRIES" and the Merchant is listed as
"Healthy Way
sales@vaporizerusa.net"

Also the website is made by http://www.atlantawebexpert.com/ who got acquired by Haze technologies according to their site here, which is separate from the http://www.hazeindustries.com/ which seems to be the same company but there is no mention of "http://www.hazevaporizers.com/"

Either that or they are drop-shipping straight from the manufacturers but with that web of links I think they might be connected to them :2c:

Lets_Vape,
Reactions: mundzz

scottg402

Yeah i think everything you buy Haze related got shipped/fulfilled by VaporizerUSA. They seem to be the main distributor. I got several accessories from different sites including Haze themselves and they all came from VaporizerUSA.
Yes, I inquired with Jamie from Haze and clarified the relationship earlier in the thread. Vaporizerusa handles all distribution for Haze regardless of how the order comes in but they are two separate entities.

Lets_Vape

I don't think they are in stock anywhere unfortunately, their website say it' s out of stock and they all seem to ship from 1 place, ebay was mentioned, maybe you have any luck getting a second hand there?

Also guys, I haven't seen this mentioned, they added a new picture with a purple and green version of the Haze:
mainimgv2.jpg

I don't regret getting the graphite over these other 2 but they're a nice addition, I like the colour scheme. I can hopefully almost start enjoying it, expected delivery is within the next 2 days :brow:

Lets_Vape,

trevorzamani

G'day vapers, I was just about to purchase the Pax when I saw this.
In regards to vapor quality and strength how does it compare to the pax and other vapes.
Thank you
To me vapor quality is the same as Pax if not better (i own a Pax too) but the advantage of Haze is you can do any material with it. If you only do dry herb, you have two chambers to fill up and also have the ability to prepack as many cans as you like to take out with you. Another big advantage is the removable batteries.

trevorzamani,

scottg402

I went ahead and asked them for specifics on the changes to the devices arriving next week. Pretty much what I was expecting.......

1)Tighter end caps and selector switch (Inventory should be in next week)

2)Tighter battery door and main door latch. (Inventory should be in next week)

Nothing major. After all there is really nothing major required. I am guessing the second round of preorders will get this version and this will also be the version they have around for some time.

They did share some additional information on some accessories they are considering but they asked me not to make it public and I am of course going to honor that.

Basically they don't want it out there because things are in development and they aren't sure of dates or if they will ever even bring them to market. She said again that they will not release things before they are ready.

I do have some suggestions for them so here goes......

I know I sound lazy but I would like the option of different color lids on the cans (besides black). This way you could distinguish different strains (I like to put one strain in one chamber and a different in the other if I have it). Different colors woild make it easy to know which ones I am pulling out of my canister where I store my cans. Of course I could just lift up the lid to distinguish but again, I'm lazy sometimes...

I would also love if they came out with a stealth ALL black model. Graphite is cool but all black would be sweet! Make it "limited edition" or some shit!

Anyway it's cool the new one's are coming in next week. I hope they come in early enough for them to ship me mine by weeks end. At least my current one is not totally outta commish. I have continue to enjoyed it daily! :tup:

Looking forward to more people getting their hands on these. Hopefully they join and leave feedback if they aren't already here.

scottg402,

trevorzamani

I'm very interested in the Haze. It seems to hit high marks in some very important areas:
A. Great name (my fave strain lol)
B. The dual chambers, errll and bud in same unit at the same time? This is MAJOR!
C. Seems the removable 'cans' make for very easy cleaning
D. Rechargeable batts that can be replaced
E. Ability to pack extra cans for music festivals and shows.
Potential downsides include the convection vs conduction question. Also the portability/stealth factor is not great. I understand the 'flask' look, but in some bars and music venues the flask is actually more of an issue for the front door folks than a vape. Flasks mean less $$$ for their bar, lol.

I'm not usually an 'early adopter' in these technologies, and I just purchased a Pax a few weeks ago, but this unit has me very close to pulling the trigger on a purchase.
I like the fact that this can do both conduction and convection. I prefer conduction and use it with conduction screens provided (unless i am using the cans which i do a lot) since it produces more vapor. Stealth concept is not the primary focus of this product in my opinion but since it is extremely small (easily fits in my palm), i never had an issue with it. I usually do not expose it while i am driving and hold it inside of my palm. If you enjoy your Pax from performance point, you will certainly like Haze as well. Especially if you like trying/using wax or oils.

trevorzamani,

scottg402

Scott, the new unit i bought for my dad just arrived. Seems like they discontinued that feature since most of us asked about that. My original one used to blink after draws but it explains in the original DVD that the unit will give you that feedback after each draw since it cools the chamber and it reheats to the set/desired temperature. The new one i received does not do that blinking any more. Can you ask them about this? Looks like they also fixed the loose caps that some people reported here for the earlier model. I will use this with my dad tomorrow and will let you guys know if i notice any other improvements.

I will check with them but this seems strange.

Does this mean @Lets_Vape has an original run model? Where did you purchase from and when?

@trevorzamani yes they said they were improving the door and hinges. However no mention of anything on the blinking lights so I will double check. Can you do us all a favor and post some photos of the green colored model? There isn't much out there to look at and I might opt for that when I return mine. I have not done that yet.

Edit:

So they got back to me on the blinking lights and here is what they wrote:

We got rid of this feature since it created more confusion than the intended reheat feedback to the user. The LED lights blink until the set temperature is reached. They go solid once you are at desired temperature. In the earlier model, it used to also blink (3-5 seconds) after each draw (since you are cooling the chamber with a draw, for about 10-20F) and it reheats to the set temperature after each draw. During this reheating, we were giving feedback to the user with blinking LED but looks like most users get confused with this and did not understand the feedback display so we got rid of this. All latest units will have initial blinking until the set temperature is reached and they will stay solid as far as you are at that set temperature. So there will be no blinking after each draw. If you go from lets say setting 3 to 4, there will be blinking again until you reach the 4th setting. If you go from setting 4 to setting 3, there will be no blinking since the chamber is still hot.

So yes it's gone, outside of the initial start up.

I hope this helps.

I also have to take this opportunity to once again let everyone know how amazing the service and response is from Haze. I rarely wait more than an hour before they respond to my requests and this includes times when I gave emailed them on weekends (ie today)! This is a far cry from some other more established manufacturers I have been reading about who cannot seem to respond to repeated requests or seem to give accurate information.

I also find it a bit comical how people defend them saying they are focusing on filling orders for a new product release or saying they are a manufacturer and if you want better service you should wait to purchase from a retailer. I won't mention the company I am referring to here but many will be able to figure out who I am taking about.

In the end each company has the right to focus and run their business however they choose. I am simply pointing out that it is possible for a manufacturer to provide top notch timely service as well as respond to user feedback in an effort continually improve their device. I am also impressed on how they able to bring these changes to market so quickly. Great job Haze!

scottg402,

NickDlow

Log Hog
can you have both the bowls cooking at the same time or do you do one than another?

It only heats up one bowl at a time. The concentrate feature is what caught my attention in the first place also. The dual bowl feature is fantastic because u could have a dry herb session and a concentrate session all in one sitting. Trust me you will learn to love the dual bowl feature. Sometimes I mix my concentrate with my dry herb and it makes the session last an extra 15-20 min on top of the 15 min I usually get out of the dry herb. The flavor when vaping concentrates is there till the very last draw it's unmatched IMO.

scottg402

Sounds great how much herb does the can hold and the 2 screens?
I stuff roughly .25 grams of herb in each can. This is fine grind and packed pretty tight. You can use less if you want to and it still works great.

You can probably get a bit more in with just using screens but not too much more.

scottg402,

NickDlow

Log Hog
For starters the forum isn't find of double posts, if they are close enough u can use the edit button.(just a heads up)..

As far as the heat goes I don't really have any complaints but it does get hot and I can see why ppl would complain. This device does have a specific hand hold spot that doesn't get to hot it's where the battery goes in. If you hold it by the cover where the ovens go it will get hot. I'm assuming you are a female forgive me if I'm wrong but the bag comment made me think so, but if you are worrying about it damaging other stuff in there I doubt it will. As far as price goes you are right, it's brand new n it's a solid $250.(worth every cent IMO) I'm a fan of ordering directly from the manufacturer but they ship through vaporizerusa.net so it's up to you really the only deals you get are with the accessories as far as discount codes n what not. I hope I helped a bit and hopefully you join us in being a proud owned of a haze soon so you can give us your feedback. Good luck

Edit* also I'd recommend getting a dedicated case for the haze. I have many accessories and they all fit perfectly in there. It's nice to have everything you need all together.

scottg402

I agree with Nick. It gets hot but really no worse than some other vapes out there. You just have to get accustomed to where to hold it. It will be uncomfortably warm but you really don't need to worry about burning yourself from touching it on the outside.
I myself have had to shove the mouthpiece in, close it up and stash it away quickly. No issues there so I wouldn't let the heat concern be a show stopper and keep you from purchasing.

Regarding where you get it....I am pretty sure it's all being fulfilled from the same place (vaporizerusa) so it really doesn't make much difference where you get it unless you can find a coupon code to work.

I got mine on preorder for 20% off from VaporizerUSA. However they have had promo's since then where the discount codes have not worked. In fact I haven't seen any code work anywhere since it's been released. You may need to foot the bill for the entire $250 at this point.

I also think it will more likely stay this way for a while since they have been able sell out their stock and have had to wait for new stock to come in. You may be able to find some codes work for a free grinder or possibly some other goodies but I doubt you will find a discount on the unit. Please come back and let everyone know if you get something to work.

I also agree with Nick on the case. My solution is posted earlier in the thread (along with Nick's). Mine is really better for storing at home unless you have a larger bag to take out. I keep my device, tools, extra batteries and up to 10 cans all in the case. Nick's case is better for just taking the unit but there is not as much room for extra's.

This brings me to my last point. Please take time to read the entire thread and/or use the search function. There are a few of us here that have been pretty active in answering questions so there is a lot of info out there. FC rules ask that members take the time to do this so there is not a lot of duplicated info. And yes..use the edit button rather than double post. The only exception here is when it's gone because too much time has passed between posts. Then you should generally start your second post with "edit button gone" or something like that.

Good luck and welcome!

NickDlow

Log Hog
For 1 the cleaning process - it takes some real effort to keep the air path clear, and needs to be stirred very frequently. This is totally fine with me for home use and I love Fireflys vapor. But it never comes with me on the road mostly because of this constant maintenance needed every few draws.

2 - battery life. Again it's fine for home use but won't last long away from home.

3 - loading / unloading, the situation is re same as above. Fine at home but I wouldn't want to deal with it in public or on the go.

What I'm really interested in is dry herb vape quality and flavor of the Haze compared to Firefly. I LOVE the Fireflys vapor. It could be the convection that makes it so awesome.

Since we are talking about an on-the-go vaporizer I'm ok with a bit of flavor trade off, just seeking to understand how they compare

Well I can compare all of those except vapor taste comparison.

1. Cleaning is simple and rarely needed. I use the all purpose cans for everything so no material ever touches my bowls. The he's a little resin build up in the main air way but it doesn't restrict it at all. I have prepacked cans so on the road all I do is pop one out n another back in and never need to "stir" simple as that.

2. Rechargeable external batteries and a full charge is average IMO to other top vape roughly 1hr-1hr1/2 battery life. I get about four 20 min (1can dry herb) sessions. And u can get as many batteries as u want and with the new rapid charger just released will be in stoppable. New charger has separate car cable also.

3. Unloading/leading pre packed all purpose cans enough said lol the screens will need to be emptied/loaded if you choose to use them but those come out easily also.

Vapor quality is amazing I own a pax also and have had others. This is the best tasting portable I've had. I don't think there will be a taste loss but like I said I've never tried the firefly. Also this vaporizer uses conduction and convection depending on your preference the cans are convection and it's amazing lol hopefully someone can compare the taste for you. Hope this helps

poonman

Quick question ,
Do you need to have the rubber lid on the cans to do herbs ?

poonman,

NickDlow

Log Hog
Yes the lid creates a seal so that the hot air passes up the side of the can into one hole on the lid thru the material and out the other hole into the air way into your lungs

bruce6110

Ah good to hear!
It's understandable delays get caused and mistakes happen and great that they changed you to overnight shipping.
It may have just been the CS agent I was talking to but I had to really convince him to see how ridiculous the course of action was to even get an apology and then being lied to to say the delay was caused by the vaporizer itself not being in stock is a bit pathetic

I'm not blaming the shipping time on VaporSeller or VaporizerUSA but in this case VaporSeller caused a 2 week delay by not actually putting the system on the order
I bought from VaporSeller before and the new charger from VaporizerUSA. The unit arrived in few days and the charger, I just got shipment confirmation so maybe you just had a bad luck. I would contact a manager over there and tell them about your experience with that particular CS Agent. From other posts, it sounds like they are pretty accommodating when there are mistakes. You may be able to get some free stuff along with it :)

Also regarding the temperature settings. I am comfortable at setting 3 and 4. Both settings create nice vapor density and taste. Setting 2, I rarely use (if I have very little dry herb left to vape, I usually use setting 2) Lower than these three settings (so setting 1) does not produce enough vapor for dry herb and looks like setting 1 is meant to be for soft oils and e-liquid primarily. There is a chart on the operating manual which shows which settings are recommended for most major material. I am starting at setting 3 and use it for the greater part of the session. Towards the end, I go to setting 4 after stirring my content in it. It works very well and extends the session time. I noticed that my sessions are way longer than my Ascent. Wax is great with setting 4.

My unit heats up to temp and blinks during initial heat up and when I change the setting from 4 to 3, it just cools down in few minutes (no blinking. Solid light on) and stays at that temperature until I move back up to setting 4 (starts blinking during the heat up for feedback). So looks like, it gives you feedback while it is heating and no blinking feedback when it is cooling. This is same/similar as the Solo and the Pax I believe. Owners of these brands may want to verify/confirm my observation.

bruce6110,

scottg402

So, I did browse thru the thread looking for my answer first, but I may have missed it.

How is the smell? Every portable vape I have owned reeked, rendering it completely unstealthy (PAX, VB2.0, Iolite, Tvape and MFLB ).
Subjective question but I can at least speak for the Pax which I also have. I think the Pax smells more both when using and when not in use. I also think that how clean you keep your device has a lot to do with this. I keep all my units on a pretty strict cleaning schedule to help here. I never go over a week to clean and often times less. As mentioned above the Haze is easier to clean than the Pax.

@ean We all said the same thing on the can prices and discussed it earlier in the thread. I checked with them and the response I got was the cost is in line with the materials they use. Basically all stainless steel and surgical grade silicone are better materials to use but they come at a cost. Maybe if they get some more units on the street there will be more buying and they can lower the cost? Also note that while you probably can't find a discount code to work on the units, you should be able to get one to work on the accessories which will save you up to about 20%. That is how I bought my last batch.

scottg402,

trevorzamani

She has arrived! About to watch the dvd and try my first load with concentrate. i removed all the wick in the can and will be trying it out shortly and will leave my full review by the end of the day. waiting to get some more herbs to try out and review. Cant wait!

edit: used the can for some concentrate, not very good hits and tastes plasticy, tried a convection screen for some of my space case dust, worked well tasted slightly plasticy as well. should i do an iso burn off?
As far as Haze goes:

Herb Chamber/Heating Element: Stainless Steel
Air Path: Stainless Steel
Mouthpieces: Glass & Stainless Steel
Cans, screens: Stainless Steel

So there is no component involved in vaporization and vapor delivery process including air intake which involves any form of plastic so I am quite surprised that you find plastic taste in this. I also do not remember from any other posts here that anyone reported a plastic taste so I would look into your concentrate and its storage. For example: Do you store your concentrate in plastic or any form of pre-interaction of your concentrate with plastic?

I have not done any ISO process with Haze and never tasted plastic with it. Lets see what others will have to say about ISO?

trevorzamani,

NickDlow

Log Hog
Haze tech. and vaporizerusa are 2 different conpanies. Vaporizerusa is their main disturber, everything comes from them. If anything malfunctions I reccomed contacting haze directly myself and some others here are staying in contact with Haze reps. They have been very helpful supplying info to this thread and listening to our ideas. But if something happens contact haze and they will sort it out for you but the replacement will be from vaporizerusa most likely

NickDlow,

beware116

I just grabbed a Haze from YourVaporizers.com. First of all, the quality of customer service was excellent. Someone noticed I was staring at my shopping cart with the Haze in it for a long time and reached out to make sure everything was okay and to help me with any questions. The best part is I actually had a great conversation with them.

Sidenote: They buy their Arizer Solos for $119. VaporSeller sells them for $125, shipped. YourVaporizers may match, PuffItUp will only go down to $140.

I have a few thoughts on the device.

The packaging was nice. It arrived in 3 days time. A lot of thought was put into how the packaging looked and felt, but less into how it held everything. Things were a little haphazardly strewn thought the box, the unit didn't fit in its respective slot very well, and there was a folded piece of paper inserted with a little typed message saying not to take the clear plastic cover off the batteries.

I have a few usability problems with it. Not being able to use it while it's charging is a huge bummer. With the speed at which the batteries charge, it would be nice for home use. Secondly, the area above the silicon cover gets uncomfortably hot if you kick it up to 4. It didn't burn me, but it did illicit a response. I feel the o-ring that holds the stem in is a low-tech and potentially problematic way to handle that. The way my cover snaps into place also feels cheap. It doesn't really snap. Sometimes it doesn't even seal all the way on one side. I'm wondering if maybe my silicone pads are deformed?

Finally, I'm having some issues acquiring proper clouds. I didn't originally anticipate much, but this thread held some reports of milky hits. The vapor quality is definitely affected by how charged the batteries are, but even at full battery the hits never even approach the density I get with combustion. I understand this is (to a degree) a reality of vaping, but I've hit some milky vapes before. This could be the result of a potential problem with my silicone pads.

The cost of vaping is maintenance. The unit is very easy to clean, but packing is sometimes a pain. The cans are very easy (I just run it through the ground herb and put the lid on), but using the screens gets messy. I'm always worried about abv getting in the open holes in the bowls and under the hinge.

I love the size of it. Having a glass and a stainless stem feels really deluxe. The tools they include are very nice, though I would have preferred one multi-tool instead of several small tools. They also do not provide any convenient way to store the screens/wicks/cans when you're not using them. This hurts portability, but now I don't have to carry my pipe around (in theory).

I seem to have received a different power adapter than a lot of other people. It's different than the one in the manual. It has 3 indicator lights above the batteries so you know how charged it is as well as a USB port on the side of it so you can still charge your other mobile devices.

Taste is also superb. I've been saving a single dab for when the growing pains have passed. I will report back with results, but the herb I've put in it so far tasted entirely untainted and much cleaner than any portable vape I've used so far.

The two obstacles keeping me from saying fuck combustion in its entirety are Battery Life and Vapor Density. Sure, the batteries may last 4 sessions, but vapor quality seems to degrade almost immediately if they aren't fully charged. I'm such a tiny step away from being head over heels in love with the Haze, but for now it remains a companion to my pipe.

I also snapped some pictures. I'll have them uploaded later today.

beware116,

NickDlow

Log Hog
@beware116 welcome bro, I personally only use the all-purpose-cans with my haze. As far as the clouds, you will get the most dense with the conduction screens. The battery power is important for clouds for sure. The charger u seem to have is their new charger, it's acts as a power bank. That USB on the side is to charge a device while there are charged batteries in it. It won't charge a USB device while it's charging the batteries. I have already mentioned that to the haze CS rep I've been dealing with. I'm awaiting a response. Anyway I'd suggest getting a couple more batteries and you won't have any problems. And I'm using a $15 case off amazon to carry everything, 20 cans (2 in haze), 4 batteries (1 in haze) about an 1/8 of bud, screens/wicks/tool/ss mouthpiece (glass in haze), and my haze unit.
SFejEDc.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FQS6OPQ/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?keywords=pax case&qid=1410624140&ref_=sr_ph&sr=1
Cans are in that black smell proof RYOT pouch and the bud is in the space case containers. Usually keeps me good for a while and it's everything I need.
Hope this helps I'm sure this unit will grown on u as it has for most of us here.

NickDlow,

scottg402

I just grabbed a Haze from YourVaporizers.com. First of all, the quality of customer service was excellent. Someone noticed I was staring at my shopping cart with the Haze in it for a long time and reached out to make sure everything was okay and to help me with any questions. The best part is I actually had a great conversation with them.

Sidenote: They buy their Arizer Solos for $119. VaporSeller sells them for $125, shipped. YourVaporizers may match, PuffItUp will only go down to $140.

I have a few thoughts on the device.

The packaging was nice. It arrived in 3 days time. A lot of thought was put into how the packaging looked and felt, but less into how it held everything. Things were a little haphazardly strewn thought the box, the unit didn't fit in its respective slot very well, and there was a folded piece of paper inserted with a little typed message saying not to take the clear plastic cover off the batteries.

I have a few usability problems with it. Not being able to use it while it's charging is a huge bummer. With the speed at which the batteries charge, it would be nice for home use. Secondly, the area above the silicon cover gets uncomfortably hot if you kick it up to 4. It didn't burn me, but it did illicit a response. I feel the o-ring that holds the stem in is a low-tech and potentially problematic way to handle that. The way my cover snaps into place also feels cheap. It doesn't really snap. Sometimes it doesn't even seal all the way on one side. I'm wondering if maybe my silicone pads are deformed?

Finally, I'm having some issues acquiring proper clouds. I didn't originally anticipate much, but this thread held some reports of milky hits. The vapor quality is definitely affected by how charged the batteries are, but even at full battery the hits never even approach the density I get with combustion. I understand this is (to a degree) a reality of vaping, but I've hit some milky vapes before. This could be the result of a potential problem with my silicone pads.

The cost of vaping is maintenance. The unit is very easy to clean, but packing is sometimes a pain. The cans are very easy (I just run it through the ground herb and put the lid on), but using the screens gets messy. I'm always worried about abv getting in the open holes in the bowls and under the hinge.

I love the size of it. Having a glass and a stainless stem feels really deluxe. The tools they include are very nice, though I would have preferred one multi-tool instead of several small tools. They also do not provide any convenient way to store the screens/wicks/cans when you're not using them. This hurts portability, but now I don't have to carry my pipe around (in theory).

I seem to have received a different power adapter than a lot of other people. It's different than the one in the manual. It has 3 indicator lights above the batteries so you know how charged it is as well as a USB port on the side of it so you can still charge your other mobile devices.

Taste is also superb. I've been saving a single dab for when the growing pains have passed. I will report back with results, but the herb I've put in it so far tasted entirely untainted and much cleaner than any portable vape I've used so far.

The two obstacles keeping me from saying fuck combustion in its entirety are Battery Life and Vapor Density. Sure, the batteries may last 4 sessions, but vapor quality seems to degrade almost immediately if they aren't fully charged. I'm such a tiny step away from being head over heels in love with the Haze, but for now it remains a companion to my pipe.

I also snapped some pictures. I'll have them uploaded later today.
When you talk about the lack of vapor what method are you using, conduction screen, convection screen or cans?

A couple thoughts on that subject......

If you have read up here you will know that the conduction screens are going to give you the best vapor. A lot of this depends on how cured your herb is too. I have seen different vapor levels with different strains.

If you are using cans there are two critical factors here....

1. Make sure you put the cans in properly. Hooks should be on the opposite side of the vapor path.

2. How you fill the cans. In my experience if you pack it too tight or too close to the top it will have an adverse affect.

It looks like you got the new charger so that is good. Regarding your comments on charging while using.....one of the advantages of them giving us two batteries is you can charge one while you use one and you are not tied to an electrical outlet. If you burning through your battery charges quick just pick up a couple extra batteries and you should be good to go.

Regarding the loose door. That is a weird one because I am expecting you got a revision two unit based on when you bought it. You comment reflects a concern addressed early on so this one is puzzling. That said if it becomes an issue I would reach out to Haze and find out what your options are.

I hope all this information is helpful. Let us know if you have other questions.

I spoke to Haze a few times this week and they indicated they has applied to this forum again. They said they have a few times so I highlighted that there is a specific process they need to follow.

@vtac can you kindly look into this when you have a moment? If they are doing something wrong I would like to know so I can give them some feedback. If you don't mind sending me a PM I will pass it on. It would be great to have them here for the first hand info. and support. Thanks so much!

scottg402,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom