Best of the Haze Vaporizer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickDlow

Log Hog
At the end of the day of course, it doesn't really matter how we get our vapor. Just as long as we get our vapor. :brow:

:peace:
Very true there is no lack of vapor that's for damn sure haha

@Stu well looks like u gotta grab this guy and give us ur feedback lol

So I took a close look at the vapor path hopefully stu can post my pics. My assumption is a stainless steel sleeve that swivels with the top power switch/lever and has two offset holes in it, one for each chamber. So when u throw the switch the sleeve turns back and forth to it's corrisponding hole for each chamber. 2-4inches from the top looks plastic but the mouth piece goes in 2-4inches so it's all stainless from the chamber to the glass or stainless mouth piece. Btw there is an o-ring at the top for an air tight seal so the vapor doesn't touch the plastic or escape.

Ok so I'm bored at work and keep editing this post. I'm using my haze now thinking about the air path ok here it goes...

The hole on the bottom of the chamber (in the earlier post) is where the air is drawn from and travels through the hot chamber and heats up. The oil can, that stupid me didn't show the bottom has two dents that raise it off the bottom of the chamber so the air u draw can pass through. The oil can lid is rubber or silicone or whatever. When the chamber is closed it creates a seal. Make sure the lid is seated properly and not pushed into the can. The lid has an indent for the hot air to go up the side of the can and only in that top hole of the lid then pass though the material and out the hole in the front that is seperated by the raised rubber on the lid. Boooom convection!!!!!! Lol how does that sound? I just vaped some wax so I could be wrong hahaha I'm way too bored! ok guys and girls let me know what u think.

@scottg402 that throws out trying to vape with no lid kinda messes up the concept. Lol

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
So I took a close look at the vapor path hopefully stu can post my pics.
Here are a couple more pictures courtesy of @NickDlow

HVeVvTH.jpg

JkniUaG.jpg

Can anyone tell me what material these cans are made of? I still can't quite wrap my head around the design of these cans. How many sides/walls are made from the black material and how many sides/walls are stainless steel? A video would be helpful if someone could post one? :shrug:

trevorzamani

Here are a couple more pictures courtesy of @NickDlow

HVeVvTH.jpg

JkniUaG.jpg

Can anyone tell me what material these cans are made of? I still can't quite wrap my head around the design of these cans. How many sides/walls are made from the black material and how many sides/walls are stainless steel? A video would be helpful if someone could post one? :shrug:

it says those bowls are stainless steel as well. There is a video on their homepage which shows the interworkings.

trevorzamani,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Here are a couple of videos courtesy of @NickDlow.

I have a better understanding now of the design of the cans. Thanks, Nick!

NickDlow

Log Hog
0hhh God, i would love to see some one's vid vaping some sweet hashishhh :mmmm:

Here's a bit of compressed kief hash just one hit quick vid

Btw that tiny piece lasted about 25 30 min!!!! I will say tho when it gets to the end and the hash or kief is really dry and crumbly, little pieces can enter the chamber and mouthpiece. I made a little screen mod to prevent this from happening with hash and kief from my experience. All I did was just cut one of the conduction screens a little more than half way and cut the wings off. So I just cut it to fit in the front where the chamber hole is and place the can on top of the screen. Problem solved.

virtualpurple

About to throw in my review on the Haze after two sessions with it.

I received my package in a reasonable amount of time. However, the extra screens I ordered were missing from my order. Not sure this will be any big deal for me, but I will have to make contact about the mistake.

I threw my batteries on the charger, however I noticed that on the bottom of one of the spares had become unseated, revealing a small circuit board. It doesn't stay seated well in place when I push it back. I doubt I'll be able to use the battery. However, I may be responsible for this. The batteries look like they were individually wrapped in a plastic coating that looked like it should be removed...but maybe it wasn't intended for removal.

Now onto the vape:

For my first session I packed loosely broken herb directly into the canisters (no coffee grinder present). I attempted to use the convection screen with the oil can. The results from this really weren't great. With the first canister I did eventually pull out some clouds, but the vape had alot of difficulty coming to the appropriate temp it seems. On the second canister I got no visible clouds at all. However, my ABV was still dark in both canisters when removed.

I decided that although I was medicated fine at that stage I still wanted to see how I would fare without the convection screen in place, as I suspected that may be giving me trouble...so I popped in a canister without the convection screen and went right for setting number 3 (approximately 385 if I recall). What a difference! The unit went up to temperature much faster and I was getting very nice clouds without any difficulty whatsoever. I was a little absentminded and didn't time my session, but I certainly had no complaints.

My second session was last night, and was completed with a single canister of herb, again, just loosely broken. Once again, the unit performed great. Came up to temperature in a decent amount of time and gave some great flavorful hits. I tried to take a few puffs on the second setting but found the vapor clouds a little to wispy for me (I will try each setting individually in a future session) so went right back to the third setting, which is a pretty happy temp for me. I also made a temporary rig so that I could use my F-bomb diffuser and was able to draw some very impressive clouds. Later inspection revealed that the seal wasn't quite airtight. I will experiment hopefully tonight with an airtight seal and hopefully produce even better results. I realize the water tool nulls out the stealthiness of the vape, but I was curious and wanted to see what I could do.

I'm curious what sort of life everyone is getting from their batteries. It seems for me that my first battery drained off shortly after that 3rd canister.

I will continue to post with my future findings, as well as head to head comparisons between the Haze and the Ascent, as well as the Flowermate V. I will be trying to address efficiency, convenience, flavor, etc. If there are any qualities in particular anyone would care to see, please let me know and I will do my best to incorporate them.

virtualpurple,

trevorzamani

About to throw in my review on the Haze after two sessions with it.

I received my package in a reasonable amount of time. However, the extra screens I ordered were missing from my order. Not sure this will be any big deal for me, but I will have to make contact about the mistake.

I threw my batteries on the charger, however I noticed that on the bottom of one of the spares had become unseated, revealing a small circuit board. It doesn't stay seated well in place when I push it back. I doubt I'll be able to use the battery. However, I may be responsible for this. The batteries look like they were individually wrapped in a plastic coating that looked like it should be removed...but maybe it wasn't intended for removal.

Now onto the vape:

For my first session I packed loosely broken herb directly into the canisters (no coffee grinder present). I attempted to use the convection screen with the oil can. The results from this really weren't great. With the first canister I did eventually pull out some clouds, but the vape had alot of difficulty coming to the appropriate temp it seems. On the second canister I got no visible clouds at all. However, my ABV was still dark in both canisters when removed.

I decided that although I was medicated fine at that stage I still wanted to see how I would fare without the convection screen in place, as I suspected that may be giving me trouble...so I popped in a canister without the convection screen and went right for setting number 3 (approximately 385 if I recall). What a difference! The unit went up to temperature much faster and I was getting very nice clouds without any difficulty whatsoever. I was a little absentminded and didn't time my session, but I certainly had no complaints.

My second session was last night, and was completed with a single canister of herb, again, just loosely broken. Once again, the unit performed great. Came up to temperature in a decent amount of time and gave some great flavorful hits. I tried to take a few puffs on the second setting but found the vapor clouds a little to wispy for me (I will try each setting individually in a future session) so went right back to the third setting, which is a pretty happy temp for me. I also made a temporary rig so that I could use my F-bomb diffuser and was able to draw some very impressive clouds. Later inspection revealed that the seal wasn't quite airtight. I will experiment hopefully tonight with an airtight seal and hopefully produce even better results. I realize the water tool nulls out the stealthiness of the vape, but I was curious and wanted to see what I could do.

I'm curious what sort of life everyone is getting from their batteries. It seems for me that my first battery drained off shortly after that 3rd canister.

I will continue to post with my future findings, as well as head to head comparisons between the Haze and the Ascent, as well as the Flowermate V. I will be trying to address efficiency, convenience, flavor, etc. If there are any qualities in particular anyone would care to see, please let me know and I will do my best to incorporate them.
Try at 4th setting which i like the most for dry herb...and i dont think the screens are necessary when using the canisters. They have their own lid. If you tried to use screens in the cans, that explains the difficulty of drawing and long heat up times i guess. The way i setup is either with screen by itself or with the can (with the lid on top) by itself at 3rd and 4th setting (i like the 4th setting the best especially with the can.

Nice, it's good to see the word is spreading. I'm about to run to my local shop to grab somethings and I'm gonna ask him if he plans on carring the haze soon. They carry other top portable and plug in vaporizers, in that case this unit is a must. Just going to the shop to pick up accessories rather than waiting 3 days would be nice...

This replacement haze seems like its working better than my original. I'm glad that o ring broke lol I've been blasting through cans non stop and this sour d I have taste soo yummy the flavor with this unit is outstanding!!!

And I made my first bho attempt... Looks fairly decent, I'm just waiting on my vac chamber to be delivered to finish. I was a bit excited nd jumped the gun but I can't wait to taste it in my haze it's going to be delicious!!!
Teach us the tricks Nick.

trevorzamani,

scottg402

Are you guys wading your oil cans out after every session? I ask only because my last two bowls of herb in the oil rig have produced little to no vapor.
I had vaped an oil can previous to those two, which worked quite well and produced nice thick vapor. I'm pretty perplexed.

I will post it as soon as I'm able to get home and assemble. Will probably be tomorrow morning before I'm back home to my water tools.

In the meantime, I'm hoping you guys can guide me back to the clouds.

What temp are you running at? I usually start at 3 and them move to 4 at the end of the session for a few hits.

I think a lot depends on how long you let it warm up and also how your battery is doing. I felt the same way on one can then I swapped out the battery and it seemed to help. Maybe it was coincidental but I thought I read something somewhere that made reference to the battery and the performance of the unit when the juice was low.

Also check your seal on the lid and how much you fill it. I think those are factors as well.

Lastly make sure you drop them in the bowls the proper way. The hooks should be facing towards you if you have the device in front of you.

In comparison with my Pax I find that it takes a bit longer on the sessions. This can be a good thing or bad thing depending on your needs. If I need to get there quickly I reach for my Pax. If time isn't an issue I reach for my Haze. Haze offers a better taste without the restrictive draw. That said you can speed things up a lot and get bigger clouds if you run on 4 the whole session. I just like 3 better for most of it because of the amount of tasty draws you get. It's the same reason I run my Pax on low the whole session and only bump to medium partially through.

In the end, everyone has their opinion on these subjects. Keep tinkering around to find what you like. Good luck!

scottg402,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

trevorzamani

I will really have to put this unit through a gauntlet here.

As promised, in the morning I will try and post pictures of the tools I use in order to incorporate a water tool with this vape. I'll make sure and do so with a fresh battery, which will hopefully rid me of these vaporless sessions (although my herb is still pretty spent.).

I may try and load it up to video also.

The rest of my testing will occur over my next set of days off. I will work until the 16th and then hopefully begin writing up head to head comparisons on the unit vs. the ascent and vapormax. But...I really need to get down to the matter of these vaporless sessions. It seems like that would be awfully quick for the battery to start to tank on me, but I could be wrong. It could be a matter of the fill level of the oil chambers, or as was suggested, perhaps I had the canisters loaded in incorrectly.

Here is my prep at my buddies house. Normally I never pack the can this much since it is harder to draw and not as efficient but wanted to see how much vapor I could get with a totally full can. Hope these help.

trevorzamani,

NickDlow

Log Hog
Sorry if I missed this,.. but Is it possible to use both chambers simultaneously?

Also, has anyone tried blocking off the bowl they are not using ATM? maybe by putting the oil can in backwards or something :shrug:.. I would imagine that having both airways open like that would give an airier hit than if non-used side was plugged :shrug:

U can only use one bowl. Inside the unit is I ss sleeve that tuna with the selection of bowl. There is only one airway open at a time. So u only draw from one chamber at a time no matter what. Look inside ur unit while one bowl is selected then look inside when u select the other u notice the ss sleeve moves also. So 2 bowls at one time isn't going to happen unless u have @mikecassenti unit lol sorry bro

NickDlow,

scottg402

@scottg402 how do u carry all 4000 of ur cans around lol I have 10 n I put them in a sealable baggie that the accessories came in n put it in my case but some lids pop off or some material comes out. Any ideas?

Here are some pics and descriptions of how I organize and store my stuff. I hope these images show up correctly as I'm still in noob status on this.....

Bringing in @rizzo too cuz he was asking before...

I use two types of aluminum canisters for both loose material and can storage:

Large aluminum canister-
Holds about 5 g's of fine grind or 10-11 prepacked cans.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-45-x-90-R...196?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51b5b2a2f4

Small aluminum canister-
Holds 2-3 g's of fine grind or four prepacked cans. This is an excellent choice for the Pax cuz it makes it much easier to load. Just take off the caps, stir your material a bit and dump it into the Pax with just a few taps on the edge.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351104371526?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

These and my devices/tools get stored in the following:

Small OtterBox Pursuit 20-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OtterBox-Pu...t=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&hash=item4867a0641e

Large OtterBox Pursuit 40-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OtterBox-Pu...t=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&hash=item233d921cf5

I see these have gone up in price (they don't make them anymore). I paid between $3-5 each when AT&T was closing them out.

They are really made for phones but they work great as a smell/crush/water proof box. They keep everything in there tight and secure and snap securely shut. Nothing rattles around, not even the small tools if you position them properly. The lids are tight too so you can hold them up like shown. They double as a tray in a pinch as well.

Here are my material boxes....

20140719_212658_zpsibpajpzw.jpg

20140719_212626_zpsu9uedyr6.jpg

Here is my Haze kit-

20140703_190333_zps98892411.jpg

This is a large box which includes the Haze, the tweezer/shovel tool that comes with the Haze, some alcohol prep pads for quick wipe down cleanings, one extra battery (the case can fit two extra), and two small canisters for a total of 8 prepacked cans + 2 in the Haze.

Here is my Pax kit-

20140703_190429_zpsd6b37f53.jpg

This is a small box which includes the Pax, some alcohol prep pads for quick bowl and mouthpiece cleanings, one small canister of loose herb and an old skool pipe tool that works great for loading and cleaning. This is really the only box that leaves my house unless I am going on a road trip or something. BTW... this small one also holds the Ascent in the there perfectly tight but no extra room for a material canister like the Pax.

These get stacked up in two small backpacks (one for material, one for devices) like this...

20140703_190502_zpseec71189.jpg

Along with this....

20140719_175436_zpsgwaurrcg.jpg

Which is a small leak proof container full of 99% ISO which serves as a bath for used cans/mouthpiece between reload/cleaning sessions. Just shake and rinse.

Don't ask me how I figured all this out and pieced it together but it fits so nice it's like this stuff was made for it!

Modnote: Fixed dead image links.

trevorzamani

@scottg402 I ended up picking up that smaller otter box for my pax n a smaller can for my bud. My case for my haze is perfect for it and all the accessories. But thanks for the help bro.

Do u guys find using concentrates making ur haze extra messy?(seems like I'm losing some) I did, so I split my wick I half n put it on top of the concentrate and it seemed to help a bit. And I no longer store my mouthpiece in the haze. Don't want to risk another break, even to I bought an extra and I'm sick of the mouthpiece getting stuck inside. I hope they improve that feature cuz I liked storing it in there. What do u guys think?
Yeah with wax, i clean the mouthpiece and air path after 4-5 days of usage. Otherwise it starts getting sticky at the bottom of the mouthpiece. I also do not store the mouthpiece inside the unit when i am at home or use it at home. I only do it when i am taking this out. With dry herb , it does not require cleaning often but with wax. I agree with you.

trevorzamani,

mikecassenti

Same here with Wax. My unit seems to function fine when a fresh battery is put in. But after I turn it off once and leave it sitting there a couple hours, if I go back, the 4th setting continually blinks. So probably just the batteries not getting a good charge or something. Both bowls aren't heating up anymore though. I had been waiting too long to take the first draw, as Amy said. When you draw from bowl A, that same air from your draw is keeping the B from getting hot. So my unit itself seems to not be the problem. But I'll need a few days of testing to be sure.

I stopped using the glass mouthpiece entirely even though I prefer it. I use my Haze exclusively for wax at home pretty much. I stick to my Herbalizer for flowers. Of course wax is nice in that too...but the bags and whip get so messy, not to mention it gunks the screens up faster. So, I prefer to use portables for that. Since the titanium mouthpiece is heavier, it's not getting stuck as easily. I usually clean it, and the airpath once a day and that works. Also, it's so fast to clean that it doesn't really seem like a huge issue to me. Some vape pens I had tried were a pain in the ass to clean. So ease of cleaning is definitely a huge plus for me.

As far as your wax leaking, make sure you don't overload it. Amy said you can fill the cans 3/4s of the way with wax, but if you do, you need to be DILIGENT about keeping it horizontal. Even if the rubber lid is on perfectly, tipping it will likely make a bit of a mess and holding it straight up would probably be even worse. When I have wax in it, I'm very careful about how I hold it. But most portables I've used, if you don't hold it correctly, it can get messy. Like hitting some pen vapes like a cig horizontally can make a mess and are better held straight up of a 45 degree angle. But this is a Haze thread...

I'd just be a little more careful with it. But if some wax leaks from the can, you might be able to scrape some out with a dab tool if you're really worried about being wasteful. But it's going to be extra gooey at that point and probably very hard to scrape back off the dab tool. You can hold a lighter under it about an inch away until the wax liquifies and drip it into your container. Probably want to pop it in the freezer a few minutes to harden it up enough to make it easier to work with. Or just drip it as it's still liquid off the dab tool back into the can. You have to be extra careful though or you might waste a bit. But I hope that helps.

mikecassenti,

virtualpurple

@virtualpurple Can you take a picture of your water tool setup and share here. I never used a water tool with a portable vaporizer before and want to see if I can find anything to attach to this. Looking forward to your feedback on it.

Sorry it took me so long to post. I have changed my tactic a bit.

My initial setup was simply sliding the Davinci glass stem on top of the haze glass stem. However, this wasn't perfectly airtight. A silicone O-ring would fix this easily though.

Still though, it was awkward to handle. The davinci glass stem is long enough on its own, but adding the F-bomb made it even stranger and fragile-feeling.

My new solution has been to simply run the silicone mouthpiece from my Flowermate Vapormax on top of the haze stem.

I have attached it to both the narrow end and the thicker end. Pics below are attatched to the thicker end.

virtualpurple,

scottg402

So do you guys hold it horizontally in your left hand by the silicone with the bowls up?

If I hold it with my right my bowls point down. I wonder if it makes any difference in performance with wax/herb?

My Haze stamp is also on the opposite side of the door in the graphite color.

Anyone have a different one?

Mike, I start drawing after about a minute regardless of what the lights say. Good tips on the wax. I haven't gotten to try it yet but I will keep in mind if I do. You saved me a big mess!

scottg402,

virtualpurple

I'm not sure what you mean when you say your bowls point down when you hold in your right, can you clarify?

I hold mine in my left hand, but my fingertips extend all the way to the edge of the perforated door.

Have any of you guys timed your heat-ups for each setting?

virtualpurple,

scottg402

Assuming you always hold it from the silicon grip part (right or left hand), if you hold it out horizontally when you draw is the door that covers the bowls facing up or down? Mine faces down if I hold it in my right hand or up if I hold it in my left hand.

scottg402,

NickDlow

Log Hog
@scottg402 my replacement has the logo on the chamber side, my original did not. And yes if there is concentrate in the chamber regardless if that's the one I'm using, I hold it horizontal in my right hand with the chamber facing up. My hand reaches the silicone on the opposite side. Or I just lay it down till I'm ready for the next draw like now as I type haha If it's herb in both it doesn't matter to me.

Looks like others are catching on...
http://www.vaporseller.com/vaporizer-information/

Notice how much they stress the dry herb in the can!!!

Good shit guys

NickDlow,

virtualpurple

I really want to try this with a water attachment. Hope they will come up with that.

I highly recommend it man.

I'm actually in stages to have someone with great crafstmanship fabricate a dedicated attachment for me at this time. My steel stem will be mailed out tomorrow morning.

I'll keep you guys posted as I hear back.

*also, as an addendum to the waterpipe setup I had posted before I want to emphasize that with a silicone mouthpiece like I have, its better to insert the glass stem as I have shown rather than narrow-end first. I wedged a glass stem in the silicone mouthpiece narrow-end first to try and create a smaller overall solution that still made a tight seal. And while it worked just fine, I had issues removing the stem and ended up breaking the tip of the glass stem. It still functions well, but until I get a replacement it will only be used as a water tool connector as I have displayed in posts above, as I don't want the chipped end in my mouth at all.

virtualpurple,

virtualpurple

Can't wait to see pics man! And I'm glad to hear I've helped you in any small part as you were one of the driving forces introducing me to this nifty little device!

Hope to hear how your method works.

I should also mention, now that I've been given the go-ahead from the man himself...

I am having a wood stem being made for me from Ed over at EdsTNT. If you guys aren't familiar, Ed makes incredible wooden stems for the Solo, Ascent, and other vaporizers. He has graciously agreed to create a stem for me that forms right into a 14mm adapter so that I won't have to fiddle with combining my glass stem with the flowermate silicone stem any longer. This should make my F-Bomb sit much more stable on top of the unit.

I cannot wait. Eds craftsmanship is well documented on this forum and many people (Carolking with her ascent comes to mind) prefer to use his wood stems over their standard stems so even without the F-bomb, his stem could very well be my go-to when I'm at home.

I don't know quite yet how it will be designed. In a perfect world I would love to have a wooden stem the same dimensions as the glass and metal stem so that I could store it inside the Haze unit itself, and then have a seperate wood adapter piece that fits on the top to connect the stem to the water tool. However, I don't know if that creates too much opportunity for air leak or whatever. But truly it won't matter if the unit is one piece or two because the wong adapter would have to be pocketed anyways.

I don't have any ETA, my stem just got delivered to Ed yesterday and he is a busy man. I'm in no rush, however, I just look forward to the end result.

As I receive any updates or pictures I will keep you guys posted. It may inspire a few other people to seek out Ed and his wonderful work.

Now, I have been told by the Haze co. that they are in the works developing a 14mm and 19mm water tool attachment for the Haze. If that does come to fruition I will certainly look into that as well. However, sometimes accessory development falls through the cracks (anyone remember the Ascent spacer or sombrero that has apparently never left development?).

In any case, I'm very excited to see what Ed creates, and I'll be sure and share the experience with you all. Please check out his website if you aren't familiar.

http://www.edstnt.com/

VP

virtualpurple,

scottg402

Now, I have been told by the Haze co. that they are in the works developing a 14mm and 19mm water tool attachment for the Haze.

I decided to check myself. Just curious to see if I would get a different answer.

Here is what I got...

"Yes we are working on this right now. Our glass vendor already supplied the samples per our request and they are currently tested by our engineers. As always , our approach to this accessory will be different from standard attachments out there. We need some more time for production."

Now that sounds interesting! I might just wait for that.

Oh and did anyone notice that they are marketing the cans as multi-purpose and travel ready? It really has become the best feature of this device. Well for me anyway.

scottg402,

NickDlow

Log Hog
Haze seems to do quality work, I'm sure it'll turn out well. That being said, I'm very excited to see how Eds stem will turn out.

The only major hiccup I'm having these days is that it seems like the batteries that I have are very fragile. The bottom plates seem like they get jacked up real easily. One battery no longer works at all and a few seem like they could fall apart anytime.

Do u take the plastic off? If so don't. I took it off one and I had the same problem. The others are just fine.

trevorzamani

I hardly use my glass mouthpiece as i find the stainless steel one tastes surprisingly good. I did not expect this before i got the unit. I thought that there would be some metallic taste to it and i thought i would stick with glass but the stainless mouthpiece works very well for me. Is this something you guys experience as well?

trevorzamani,

scottg402

I really don't notice too much taste difference either (maybe a tiny edge to glass) but have been using stainless almost exclusively because of the durability factor.
I always store the mouthpiece inside the device (no wax use here boys :cry:) so when it gets sticky and you need to pull it out, I don't want it breaking on me. That happened to Nick on his and also happened when I owned my Ascent.

That and because mine is a tiny bit too big is the reason I stick mostly with stainless.

I do like the option of using both! :tup:

scottg402,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom