• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Best of the Haze Vaporizer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
mod note: To comment on the Haze, go to the full Haze Vaporizer thread. To add posts to this thread, read the sticky at the top of this forum.

got a new one for you guys! It's called the Haze Vaporizer. Does look interesting! Bit like a mix of the indica and the pax.
It has two ovens like this one http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/rapid-fire-marketing-new-dry-herb-vape.8998/ might be the same company
Check their website for more infos

mainimg.jpg

will definitely follow up on this one!

bofc.png

Last edited by a moderator:
mrweed,
I just came across this review lol. It is some good ol' boy who sounds like a Southern Jeff Spicoli. He says it is good. Sorry but that is enough for me to stay away from this one. For some reason this guy was selected by the manufacturer to receive a unit but he seems to have very little knowledge about vaporisers based on the video.

Mr. Gweilo 420,

bubbha ho-tep

SlowTokeMcgoats
I emailed the company and asked them to compare it to the pax and solo along with some other questions on the air path and what not heres the nice email i got back.

Thank you for your interest in Haze. Our vaporizer is primarily a hybrid of convection and conduction style vaporizers. The herb has no direct contact with the heating chamber since it sits in a stainless steel screen bucket and the screen is in direct contact with the heating chamber. Heated air flows through the herb making it extremely healthy to vaporize. The air-path is not all glass but it has a patented enclosure which isolates it from the internal device. With the glass mouthpiece, it delivers the purest taste possible. The patented heat exchange system is what makes our unit superior to competition like Pax, DaVinci or Solo. Pax has a restricted air path which makes each draw very hard. You will notice that our path is very open and allows smooth drawing. Pax mouthpiece gets extremely hot if you take deep draws. You will notice that our mouthpiece stays cool at all times. Arizer Solo, our advantage over Solo is the fact that we have 1.5 times more herb space (two bowls combined) than Arizer Solo. We are also half the size of Solo and half the weight of the Solo which makes us extremely more portable. Our battery is the same capacity as Solo internal battery but we are twice as efficient using the battery due to our size and heat exchange mechanism. Our mouthpiece is removable but stays in the unit during usage and carrying. Solo mouthpiece needs to be removed at all times. Pax has 3 heat settings where we have 4. Our unit can use Oils and Herbs at the same session. Solo and Pax is dry herb only. Pax and Solo has internal batteries. We have external ( 2 batteries come in the package). It means that If you take Pax or Solo to hiking, camping or a concert, you will need to find electric source (wall, car etc) to charge those. Ours, you can take several fully charged batteries with you and you can vape all weekend without a need to charge batteries.

Cleaning is very easy. Mouthpiece is removable. All you need to do is to remove the mouthpiece, insert a alcohol que tip into the chamber and that’s all it needs for cleaning. Package comes with a tweezer and shovel tool as well as a two sided brush tool for further cleaning and maintenance. Since your herb has no contact with the heating bowls, the bowls stay clean at all times. All you need to clean is the vapor chamber as I mentioned (with a que tip)

The unit will be available for retail by the end of June. Currently we are filling pre-orders.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Jaime Sutherland
Haze Technologies

bubbha ho-tep,

NickDlow

Log Hog
So I emailed haze......

Is it normal that for every draw I take that it reheats and the lights start blinking? How sensitive is the thermostat or what ever detects the temp? Either way u guys have a great product I'm very happy!! If I may express a concern on something and it's not the worst thing but the top power switch seems a little flimsy. I would be surprised if some people have problems but I know I'm careful. Also the main door clips seem like they may ware out. But all in all it's fantastic I love the versatility of it great job once again!!
Thanks,
Nick

They replied with quickness...

Hi Nick

Thank you for your nice comments. The temperature indicator will blink 3-4 seconds after each draw since it reheats to the exact/precise temperature setting. This time period is just for giving you feedback. Thank you also for your feedback regarding the top switch and door latch. Customer feedback is extremely important to us so we can perfect the product. We are already working on these two cosmetic improvements that you mentioned. Please keep us posted and thank you for being one of the first customers of Haze family. We will keep you and handful of other initial customers in our "special" list. You will be receiving exclusive discounts on all future part, accessory and upgrade options/purchases.

Enjoy your vaporizer

Almina Kruger
Haze Technologies

I suggest u guys express ur opinion to them also...

And Trevor u will be glad u did lol enjoy can't wait to hear what u think

trevorzamani

So far it is going awesome. Scott, i tried with one bowl conduction screen and the other with convection. I think conduction screen is providing denser/thicker cloud than convection but it is expected i think. It is meant to be that way as a concept. It is slight difference. Both screens provide a ton of vapor though at 4th setting, thats what i used most of the time so far We will try with oil and wax in few minutes. I will send more details later tonight if i am not fully baked already. So far....Haze well exceeded my initial expectations.

trevorzamani,

trevorzamani

Here is today’s all day vape event outcome. Hope this will help some of you guys. I spent a shit load of time typing this so I am really hoping that I can get some brownie points and "likes" from you guys as I want to be one of the long term members here. Please also share your side if I missed anything, I can try it and reply with my feedback.

What I did:

Took off work and invited 3 of my buddies over. We have used Pax, DaVinci, Arizer Solo and Haze together. Total of about 9 hours. On and off..

First opinion on Haze:

It came nicely packaged. The package is bigger than the Pax and Davinci package. It was tightly closed. I had to push it hard to get the top cover removed. I recommend placing your fingers under the cover and pull out if you struggle. Maybe its just me, not sure.

The content of the box was shared before so I am not going to go in detail but the manual is extremely easy to read and follow. It is detailed, gives you specific recommendations about optimum heat settings to use with different herb/material type etc. It also explains how to use the unit with dry, wax, oil etc.

It also comes with DVD video instructions, showing you how to assemble, use, and clean the unit. (Tips about how to get the best performance for dry, oil and wax). Nice touch.

It is a small unit. The height is even shorter than Pax. I like portability so it will work for me. It fits my palm easily and the soft touch paint gives it a stylish feel. The main door may be improved in terms of how tight it latches which I agree with some of the other forum members but it works fine as it is.

It comes with two separate screen styles. We used both. You get a thick, dense vapor out of the conduction screen which is more intense. I am a heavy user so I liked this one better. With the convection style screen, you get a gentle taste. The amount of vapor produced was the same. This thing produces a lot of vapor by the way.

First usage: Dry Herb

We packed all vaporizers with dry herb. We packed both Haze bowls with dry herb, and used one bowl with the conduction screen and the other one with the convection screen. The Haze and Pax heat up the fastest. They are almost the same in terms of heat up time. About 1 minute to the highest temperature setting. (We tested Haze at the highest temperature at this round). We started drawing from the convection bowl first (you heat one bowl at a time which I like. So if you use it with dry herb in both bowls, the other bowl stays fresh until you are ready to flip the switch and start heating/using the other bowl.

Haze created considerably more vapor than Pax and Davinci for us. This comment was a 3 out of 4 votes. One of my buddies felt like Haze and Pax produced almost the same so it may depend on how you draw I guess. Arizer Solo creates more vapor out of one draw than any of the other 3 vaporizers since it has a much bigger diameter mouthpiece opening compared to other 3 products. On the other hand, once we were done with the first session, we got more draws out of Haze and Pax. The shortest session of all was the Solo.

When we compare the amount of herb you can pack in the units, Haze will take the most content since it has two bowls. Each bowl is little smaller than Pax or Arizer Solo but two bowls combined takes more herb than other brands. So if you want to take this out to a concert or similar, you will have more time without having to repack the unit. Since it has good session length, it makes it even more appealing. In the DVD video, it mentions that occasional stirring of the herb inside improves your session length. I tried it and it works. After 8-10 drags, stir the bowl content and you will notice the difference.

Temperature options:

Davinci wins in this area if you like to play with the temperature constantly since it has the digital display. I do not care about this since once I start vaping, I don’t mess with the temperature a lot but my buddies made this comment so I wanted to share. The second round was done with Haze temperature setting 3. It works fine but you get less dense vapor. Most people may like this setting better I guess. Like I said, I like dense heavy vapor.

Bowls are made of stainless steel. I think somebody asked about this. Screens are also stainless steel as well as the oil cans.

Battery life:

We have completed all day vaping with a single battery on Haze (still has juice in it) and single charge on DaVinci. My Pax gave in towards ¾ of the total time and Solo stopped right after that but keep in mind that my Pax is few months old and I used it a lot. One note: Towards the end of the day, when the battery gets weaker, the heat up time also increases with Haze. So if you start seeing longer heat up times (2 minutes or so), you should consider replacing the battery. The replaceable battery is a big plus on the unit. You can vape the entire weekend at a camp without having to charge anything. There were 2 batteries in the box.

Light blinking after draws:

With Haze, after each strong draw, you will see that the lights will blink for 2-4 seconds. It means that it is reheating to the set temperature. I can see this may annoy some users but it becomes handy when you use this vaporizer with several people together because if you take too many draws in a very short time period, you may want to wait few seconds if you want to get quality vapor. Honestly, we did not see any change in vapor density even when its blinking so we ignored it the whole time. Unless you want super precision with your temperature or have a big group using it , I don’t see the need for this function.

Vapor Taste:

We like the taste of Solo and Haze over Pax and DaVinci. I like the fact that Haze comes with both glass and stainless steel mouthpieces. I prefer glass but if it breaks, I am still good to go.

Conclusion of the first half of the day with dry herb: Haze and Pax are amazing. Great quality. DaVinci can take the place after these units and Solo comes last although overall it is still a good vaporizer.

Wax/Oil usage:

Our last 2-3 hours were dedicated to wax and oil. We even tried it with e-liquid which I almost never use. This is one feature that Haze has over other products. I think this is the only portable vaporizer that made efficient wax vaporization possible. We loved it. Pax only does dry so I cannot comment on that and DaVinci cans are joke compared to Haze in this area. The amount of vapor, taste, consistency and especially session length on wax is incredible. We used it at the 4th (highest setting) and half a dab lasts forever. Since you confine wax in the can with a closed lid on top, there is no mess and no waste. Where I live, wax is very expensive and I love how I can make the full use out of every bit and also share the same dab with people around. Nick, you were 100% on this. I agree totally.

E-liquid – I am not a big fan and almost never use it but we tried it. Looks like the first heat setting works just fine. The second heat setting gets you a thicker cloud. You use the wicks inside the can for e-liquids. Remove the wicks for the wax.

The fun part was the last part where we packed one bowl with the hash and the other one with the dry. It is great experience switching between the one and the other.

Cleaning:

I did not clean the unit intensively yet but after all day of dry, wax oil usage, the bottom of the mouthpiece became little sticky and it was not smooth to flick out. I removed it, cleaned with some alcohol and it was good to go. The DVD video also calls for a Q tip with alcohol to clean the inside of the air path but we have not done this yet.

What I can criticize about Haze?

Well so far, there’s not much – though I will keep using it. They may improve their packaging so it is easier to open.

Summary:

From a functionality perspective, this product well exceeded my expectations. If I need to choose between Pax and Haze, I would go with Haze purely based on the wax/oil capability/performance (since dry herb performance is about the same). If you have the budget, you can get both I guess since they are both quality products. Will stick to the Pax and Haze but I definitely have a new favorite now.

Looking forward to your feedback.

scottg402

Now that I know for sure that you can use herb in the oil cans for "PR" vape sessions I went ahead and ordered more. I dump the ABV and soak the cans daily but I only want to have to grind/clean/load once per week so I needed more to keep in the rotation. Either that or cut down consumption and that ain't happening! Lol

I also love how easy these are to load/clean. Just drop them in a pile of herb and smoosh it in there and throw the rubber cap on.

Cleaning is easy too. Scrape them out and drop them in iso. I use a small container with a lid so I can agitate them and they come out completely clean without having to wipe them down.

I used Mr. Weed's code (Thx). It worked on accessories but won't work on the main unit.

You guys cleaned the main yet? I dropped a q-tip dipped in iso down the channel where the mouthpiece goes. Got the amount of resin you would expect. Then soaked the mouthpiece in iso and wiped down the bowl tray's where the cans drop in.

So easy to clean this thing! Love it!

I also like all the accessories they provide. They didn't skimp on anything.

The tweezer/shovel tool is da bomb! I use it for everything! Pick material, scrape and clean, pull hot cans out, pull the mouthpiece out if it's sticky (that is what prompted me to clean). Nice touch there!

I also like that they provide two mouthpieces. Great if you have a preference (glass v. stainless) but also keeps you going. Soak one and use the other. Just like the oil cans you are never down. Also since one is metal you don't ever have to worry about breaking them all and not being able to use the device (like Ascent).

So for me here is the deal so far.....

This thing is better/as good as the Ascent in pretty much ever way with maybe the exception of water attachments (which I am sure someone will figure out for this thing).

The Pax has thinner profile but is longer and the oil can with herb solution makes the Haze a possible leader for taking it out and about.

Some feedback to Haze now for v2 to make it a sure thing over the Pax........

They need to come up with a shorter mouthpiece or one that clicks out in stages to full extension. I was goofing around and testing it's stealth capabilities. I tried to palm it and push the mouthpiece down (similar to the Ascent where you can leave it down). It kept dropping all the way down which would be fine except of the way the mouthpiece comes out of the hinge that switches the bowl heating.

Speaking of which, personally I would get rid of that whole design and move the switch. You can keep the entire design almost all together, just move the switch. That solves the plastic hinge problem and creates a smooth surface to pull on where you could probably leave the mouthpiece down and get some draw suction like you can do on the Ascent.

I understand that whole switch is supposed to prevent it from turning on and is a bit of a "unique design" marketing gimmick but for me it's kind of a pain.

I hope I'm not bursting someone's bubble!

I would rather have something more basic like a power switch somewhere else on the unit (with some sort of safety cover if you are worried about it getting turned on accidentally) and a simple mouthpiece that comes out of a smooth surface.

If they could fix that I would say the Haze would be better than the Pax in every way because although it's a bit wider you can still palm it but it is also shorter so a bit if the advantage there.

I want the ability to use this in a chill setting with the mouthpiece fully extended or pushed down in stealth mode when I would be out and about.

This is by no means a show stopper though. Still love the device as is. Just feedback to them and a way you could take away the only somewhat advantage the Pax may have over the Haze. At least IMO.....

As I stated before I am happy I still have my Pax but if I had to choose only one at this point in time I would choose.............

THE HAZE!!!!!

The dual bowl, removable battery and oil can solution are just too much. Plus maintenance is easier (with no fuggin lube!!), cool tools and a very small but slightly different footprint are just too much for the Pax. This is coming from a guy who swore by the Pax before I got my hands on this!

For me if they just make those adjustments I referenced above it would be an absolute no brainer for anyone to choose this over the Pax and it already beats the Ascent without any real argument.

That's all for now guys......more later....

trevorzamani

Nick

When i use dry herb with any of the convection and conduction screens, it heats upto 4th temp in 1 minute. When i used Scott's method which is dry herb in oil can, i notice that it takes little longer to max temp. About 2.5 mins or so

trevorzamani,

trevorzamani

Yes Julia. You need to remove the wick and place your dry herb directly into the oil can. Place the lid back on and place the can into the chamber. You are good to go. Do not overfill the can. It performs better that way. I still use the screens at home but i take the cans out. We went through many cans yesterday. I will share some pictures when i get them from my buddy.

trevorzamani,

scottg402

With the 10 year warranty and the multiple functions I might just have to pick this one up! What is the load size WITH and WITHOUT the oil cans?

Im considering this or going the super cheap route and getting a old school walkie talkie davinci, saving me 150

I think Trevor made a direct comparison between the original DaVinci and this so he is probably your best resource to discuss the differences.

As for load size, I haven't weighed it out yet but next time I am fooling with my prep work I will take some measurements and respond.

Some of this also depends how you grind and pack it too. I grind fine and pack a bit tighter (like a Pax) so my draws are a bit more restrictive but my sessions also tend to last longer.

Without weighting it out I would guess each bowl is taking between .25 - .5 grams.

You are going to load the cans with a bit less because those cans just drop right into the same bowl area and you need to leave room for the rubber top without completely over stuffing it like Trevor mentioned.

JMO now and admittedly I have never used the DaVinci model you are speaking of but just from comparing on paper you should consider this.

For $100 extra you get....

*dual bowl
*conduction and convection capabilities
*removable battery (comes with two so you are never down)
*oil cans that work for wax/oil and herb
*multiple mouthpieces that are simple to remove for easy cleaning
*a total package with all the tools you need to keep this thing running.
*10 year warranty which I assume is well beyond the DaVinci

To me it's worth the extra coin but I understand that to others the $100 is more important.

If that is the case and you still want the Haze you can maybe wait for a working coupon code from Vaporiserusa.net.

I got mine in preorder for less than $220 because at the time the promo covered the Haze. As of now I am not aware of a working code out there.

Good luck!

scottg402,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

trevorzamani

I'm curious about the thermal insulation between the two bowls. If you fill both with herb and run the first on max temperature (until depleted) is the second one still completely green or is it discolored a bit already?

I'm really intrigued by this device but learning that some parts that looked like aluminium were only coated plastics was a bit of a deception already, but the real show-stopper for me is the number of temperature settings.

You guyz seem to dismiss that important point when you compare the Haze with the Ascent. I couldn't imagine having a vape with so little control, seeing I adjust my levels with every different strain I have. I do anywhere from two to seven different temp levels per bowl, and the temps completely depend on what I'm vaping, so there's no "perfect spot" for me.
If you are particular with precise temperature and digital control, you are right. I never had an Ascent but my DaVinci has that. I do not play with the temperature settings much since i use few herb types but there are a lot of people who use precise temperatures. Ascent maybe a better choice at that time if it performs better of course. Like i said, i never owned one. Few people here commented that Haze performs better but i cannot be a judge of that. Regarding the bowl insulation on Haze, i have a picture of my cousin with his finger inside the unheated bowl where the other one is at 4th temp. :) it was a dare event and surprising. i will share tonight. The outside cosmetic cover is some form of a hard plastic and i cannot imagine that they can use metal over there since it would get too hot to touch i believe.

trevorzamani,

scottg402

Ive tried nearly every portable vaporizer out there, except for the rip-offs and odd balls. I think Im going to sell what I currently own and snag one of these, Im half way there with the funds so getting rid of my other vape will give me some more room for some added accessories.

Maybe its just me but I HATE buying a new product. I like to wait a while to hear a few things but with the 10 year warranty and removable battery I think Ill be just fine!

Admittedly it's still very early in the game so nobody can comment on longevity/reliability but you have at least four users on this thread with almost a weeks worth of use and all of us seem to be extremely satisfied with the functionality.

Also if the service I have gotten from the Haze folks is any indication of how they would react in the event of problems, then I am not a bit worried. It has been extremely responsive and caring. Compound that with a ten year warranty and I think you are in good shape!

In regards to temp settings. I found this link on a search and the four levels are 250, 350, 375 and 410.

http://archive.today/Ljxho

scottg402,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

trevorzamani

Nice to hear that the two bowls are well insulated, I was just asking to be sure. This device seems to be well-thought overall. Another question for you guys: what material is the bowl lid/cover made of? I mean the two black pads that can be seen in the picture post #13 / page #1. Is this some kind of silicone or something else?

For the limited temp settings I'm sure it's fine for most people and indeed the 3 usable ones are well-chosen. It's not clear what the first one is for though? Decarb'ing? Drying buds? Vaping tobacco? :D

I'd definitely like to see more settings in the next version or a future update and I'll keep watching this thread evolve, you fellas seem to be pretty happy so far, it's good!
It says food/surgical grade silicone online. On the manual, it says the first setting is primarily for e-liquid users. Hope this helps.

trevorzamani,

scottg402

A couple hours ago I replied to the sales on the email chain that I have going. It's over 20 messages long at this point.

Here is what I wrote. ...

Hi Jamie,

Speaking of marketing, I thought they'd like to know that I tried something completely different with the Haze. I put herb in the oil cans which makes it much easier to clean and swap out the bowls.

Can you ask the engineers if they have ever tried that? You guys should promote that. It makes your device even more unique and it also will boost accessory sales.

It works great! I already purchased a ton more cans I like it so much!

I would also direct the marketing team, and developers back to this forum here:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/haze-vaporizer.13162/

There are already four owners providing their initial feedback and many others interested in this device.

I am one of them and by the way my oil can trick is catching on. There is a detailed explantion with pictures there if you aren't understanding what I am talking about. People really seem to like it and they are buying a bunch more oil cans just like me.

I think you are going to sell a lot of these devices either way but if you are looking for some initial feedback for possible revisions I would encourage them to read the entire thread.

I can summarize a few thoughts and they revolve around lack of temperature control with only four (also some questions on what they are set at) and some overall minor design suggestions.

You guys should really join! I firmly believe this will boost sales and provide credibility for skeptic's on the fence about your product. There just isn't a lot of info out there on the web about you guys.

That's it for now. Thanks for the great product and great service! Please do let me know if any changes are coming along. I would love to pilot and provide some feedback.

I hope you had a great 4th!

Thanks
Scott

I was shocked when they responded on a Sunday night with an extremely detailed response!

For the mods I would like to note that I have received permission from Haze to post this. Please contact me if you require specific proof.

To keep it short I am going to summarize the relevant information and post specifics on the that are detailed in quotations:

1. They are joining the forum! They are looking for someone to do this full time!

2. They are investigating the herb in oil can techniques I introduced here on FC.

3. They went into great detail on the temperature settings on portable vapes. Here are their exact words:

"Regarding the temperature questions, we have optimized the settings to cover most major dry herb groups. The setting 2,3 and 4 will cover 90% of the aromatherapy world. Setting 1 is mostly for e-liquid/e-cigarette users as well as low temp herbs . I read some of the comments on that thread that you just submitted.

Unfortunately, many consumers are not aware of the physics or engineering concept of a portable vaporizer and they fall into marketing tricks. There is a lot of misleading information and products in the market. I can safely guarantee you that none of the digital temperature displays on most well known brands are as accurate as people think.

You are heating a surface entirely with a thermister measuring the surface temperature. This thermister tells the PCB board that you are at X temperature. Your PCB board(the computer in the unit) is tiny due to the space limitation. Its sophistication is limited to the hardware (chips and resistors) you can place on it. Now you can choose military grade application which costs thousands. This is a common issue with all heating units. There are much cheaper applications such as cell phones etc. but in heat world, there is none. During engineering of the unit, we analyzed a dozen of vaporizers, very well known brands which i am not going to reveal the names and we found out that what they display on the LCD screen as the temperature reading was grossly misrepresented. If you think that you are at 375F and if you believe that you are going to 385F with pushing the little + button, the actual temperature can be 398F at a sunny Florida summer day and it can be 360F at a windy Chicago winter. It can be different based on how much you packed your bowl. There is no unit that measures the herb temperature. They all measure the heating chamber. Heat is transferred from the source to the chamber and from chamber to the screen and from screen to the herb. During this transfer, there is always loss. It is physics. How can you advertise that "your herb is now at 385F" without measuring (literally sticking a thermocouple into the herb) ? The fact that most people do not know or realize that all herbs vaporize within a range. The optimum temperatures published everywhere for each herb type are nothing but an average of these ranges. There is no product in the market that shows you accurate current temperature and it really does not matter. Even the most expensive desktop units have a + - 20F difference and they have space to place more advanced PCB boards. When it comes to portables, any product who advertise precise digital temperature control, should be asked to prove this in a video. Attach thermo couples to the bowls and also inside the herb, set the temperature on LCD and show the world how precise their readings are.

We could easily place a small LCD screen with 250F range to go up and down in temperature and that would not cost us much to do since we already have a board inside ( which controls LED and heat settings). Unfortunately, that is nothing but fooling the user.

Instead, we have studied the herb vaporization temperature ranges. Over 400 herb types with scientific data. Our engineering team set temperature points based on the middle average of the overlapping temperature ranges. We could include 5-8 settings instead of 4 ( as you see, we have plenty of room for more LED lights on the surface) or we could include only 3 settings. The number 4 came from the results of data analysis. These 4 settings we have will effectively vaporize almost all herb types that are known today.

Sorry for the lengthy email but everybody at Haze Technologies are extremely passionate about vaporization, science and research.

Feel free to share this information so people can make more informed decisions when they are buying a vaporizer. No matter what brand they buy. It is the healthiest way of smoking."

They also wanted me to state the following on the temperature subject:

"P.S. The 4th setting on each bowl go way above 490F but its effect on each bowl is regulated by our patent pending heat exchange mechanism so nothing is combusted. I believe somebody from web design team posted wrong info on the site at one point but it was corrected shortly after."

And lastly. ...

"please quote that i am not an engineer and my opinion is solely based on the discussions that we had with our engineers over the years of development. Any questions about my opinion can be answered/addressed by our engineering team."

So good news on them joining and I am interested in discussion on the temperature subject.

NickDlow

Log Hog
The first temp is for oil/e- liq, 2 is for Tabacco n other shit, 3,4 are for herbs. I email about the temps n they are 250, 350, 375, and 410. In the can tho it gets hotter which is how it vapes the wax, btw guys my boy hooked up up with a gram of shatter for the bubble so needless to say back to waxing YEA!!!!! Haha also works great for compress kief, powered kief, and hash. Zero combustion all convection. Their engineering of this product is outstanding.

Here's what amy from haze said about filling the cans n their heat.

Hi Nick

Wowww :) it is very clever. I did not know that you could use it like this. I will bring it to my team's attention. As a concept, it should provide better heat up of the herb that way since the herb is heated through the air which comes from a solid surface rather than coming from a surface that has holes in it (screen holes). More surface to heat up. This was never tested on our end but in theory, it should perform better. Yes it is convection method since your herb has no direct contact with the direct heat source. This also explains your heat up time. Our actual bowl temperatures get up to 470 - 510F (which keeps the herb temperature around 410F at the highest setting) which makes our product extremely unique in its category. You will not see any other portable device that gets to those temperatures in this size. The reason that these temperature levels do not burn the herb is our patent pending heat exchange system. These temperatures allow you to vaporize wax efficiently but not combust the herb at the same time. These temperatures explain why dry herb in an oil can also works well.

I am glad you shared it with me and also glad to hear that you are enjoying your unit with more innovative ways.

Amy

This was in the 4th of July might I add, I wasn't expect a reply till the following Monday lol

Sorry if this info was already posted but I didn't want to read all 35 messages I was skimming Loki guys have been busy posting lol that's great

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yes it is convection method since your herb has no direct contact with the direct heat source.

This is not true. Convection means the material is being heated by hot air directly. Not via a secondary method such as a heated can.

:peace:

Stu,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
They said in the email the hot air passed through the can and herbs. If I'm not mistaken.
From the pictures I've seen, I don't see a screen to allow for airflow. I'd love to see a better picture, so please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Stu,

trevorzamani

@NickDlow : But is the can too hot to handle after use? If you can't touch it without burning your fingers, it sure must be cooking the load with a lot of conduction.

I also realized to my surprise that nobody asked (unless I missed it) the notorious here on FC and mandatory, obligatory question: what are the actual air and vapor paths made of? At least we have some silicone in there, same as with the Ascent: I wish they could have avoided it some way or another, but it's handy to use...

@trevorzamani : so you really would be against, say two or three extra temp settings?
The air path looks stainless steel in my unit. @KeroZen: I am not against any improvement that will make more people happy. Please dont get me wrong. I do not disagree with you. From what I read and see online, Haze folks seem like they care about opinions, feedback etc. They even worked with several focus groups prior to their release from all segments (which I was told by the people who were working at their booth at Cannabis Cup in Denver last April). In summary: I really hope that they will not screw up this product while trying to make everybody happy since I am hooked to this one so bad :)

trevorzamani,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Here are some pictures that @NickDlow sent me.
fDVXdZ5.jpg

cxjHqhX.jpg

r8hiRPd.jpg

2fGvyLi.jpg

jU1FDlJ.jpg

It looks to me like these have 2 holes on either side with no screen. Is that correct or am I seeing things?

NickDlow

Log Hog
I believe there isn't. But if hot air come through the bottom circulates through the material then out the side hole to the mouth piece, that's convection right???

They have screens to put in for herb, one completely surrounds the chamber (convection) and the other is open on sides and they say it's 70% conduction 30% convection. Does that make sense

cawshook

Solod out.
I believe there isn't. But if hot air come through the bottom circulates through the material then out the side hole to the mouth piece, that's convection right???
As far as I know thats not true convection. If its true convection hot air should pass evenly through the herb and to the mouthpiece. I dont know what to call this, but its not my idea of true convection. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in because I'm far from an expert.

cawshook,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

They have screens to put in for herb, one completely surrounds the chamber (convection) and the other is open on sides and they say it's 70% conduction 30% convection. Does that make sense
I hesitate to comment on how much convection could be taking place without ever using one or even seeing one in person. But I would think that without a direct path through the entire chamber, the vapor is mostly being generated by other means.

At the end of the day of course, it doesn't really matter how we get our vapor. Just as long as we get our vapor. :brow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom