Gear Best Clearo for Pure Gold?

mystikalghost

The most important thing is to keep the tank warm as you're filling. I use a hair dryer - I warm up the tank, squeeze a drop or two, put it back in the hot air, squeeze another drop or two, etc.

Do whatever you can and take all the time you need but make sure prevent anything from going down the center tube. If you do, it's a real mess.

Then, once it's filled, turn it back over and let it sit for 15-20 minutes to let everything slide down.

You'll need a few pulls to get the PG sucked fully into the wick but once it gets going - watch out! Cloud 9 express!

The best thing? Load up a few PG capsules in there (the minis will hold 3 no problem) and you have a sleek, stealthy vape you can pick up and draw on for a month or two, lol. I've had no leaks whatsoever and I toss it around carry it around in my bag, etc.

Burn out a coil? It's less than 2 dollars to replace. I got a 5-pack for $7.50. I really am liking this setup.

It certainly won't replace my Omicron or Luna, but for on-the-go, I don't think it gets much easier.

I really like how this sounds. I love how the mini pro tank looks, too. I have yet to try pure gold but maybe I should soon...

mystikalghost,

Todai

I give all credit to @Haywood, he's been experimenting with all sorts of variations on this theme for a long time and I think we have a pretty good solution now.

In addition to PG, I would think this would also work with a wide variety of the better CO2 oils out there, depending on how clean they are. Will probably try that next.

Todai,
Reactions: Haywood

mystikalghost

I give all credit to @Haywood, he's been experimenting with all sorts of variations on this theme for a long time and I think we have a pretty good solution now.

In addition to PG, I would think this would also work with a wide variety of the better CO2 oils out there, depending on how clean they are. Will probably try that next.

I just read his review and it seems very promising. I will probably get a mPT3 and some coils and then some Pure Gold when they come in from FastTech. I hadn't checked in on the vape scene in a few months after getting my O-Phos. Nice to see there are some testimonials from people using e-cig tanks!

mystikalghost,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
The place I got mines only had the mPT v2, no v3. But, right now have one capsule of PG in there. I was fortunate enough that I didn't get any inside the center hole as the standard PT is fairly large opening. When I get the change I will probably use a blow dryer over it to let the PG go to the top, then screw it back on and let it go down to coil again.

What would be the best way to open the capsule?

lesvape,

Todai

I got everything from MyVaporStore. They have a great selection great prices and ship super fast. I get my order at my door in 2 days and I'm on the opposite coast from them. No complaints so far.

I recommend the Aerotank Mini over the MPT3. Adjustable airflow is key with stuff as thick as PG. That being said Haywood isn't having any issues with airflow in the MPT3 so it's up to you.

@lesvape just snip the end of the nipple off with scissors is what I do.

Todai,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I got everything from MyVaporStore. They have a great selection great prices and ship super fast. I get my order at my door in 2 days and I'm on the opposite coast from them. No complaints so far.

I recommend the Aerotank Mini over the MPT3. Adjustable airflow is key with stuff as thick as PG. That being said Haywood isn't having any issues with airflow in the MPT3 so it's up to you.

@lesvape just snip the end of the nipple off with scissors is what I do.
YiOb1pI.jpg

Do you mean this one?

ataxian,

mystikalghost

I just noticed something interesting on the product page for the mPT3. I have an ego twist and the INNER threading is stripped. The OUTER threading is fine, however.

6rQArNO.png

So does this mean there is no threading that connects to the inner threading of an ego? Can someone post a picture of the BOTTOM of the mPT3 so I can see if this would work?

This is the closest I can find :
v7ETIpj.png

I am curious for a few reasons :
My checking account is smaller than I expected and I have a working ego twist.
I have an O-Pen cartridge with a dead atomizer that is full.
Buying new vape toys is addicting.

Last edited:
mystikalghost,
Reactions: ataxian

walrus

I just noticed something interesting on the product page for the mPT3. I have an ego twist and the INNER threading is stripped. The OUTER threading is fine, however.

6rQArNO.png

So does this mean there is no threading that connects to the inner threading of an ego? Can someone post a picture of the BOTTOM of the mPT3 so I can see if this would work?

This is the closest I can find :
v7ETIpj.png

I am curious for a few reasons :
My checking account is smaller than I expected and I have a working ego twist.
I have an O-Pen cartridge with a dead atomizer that is full.
Buying new vape toys is addicting.

Don't have a pic but you can tell from the one you posted. The mini pt3 uses the outer ego threading and not the inner 510 threading. Your battery will work fine.

walrus,

kingtut106

Yea I made that mistake when I purchased mine initially, lucky the adapter costs a few bucks works great

kingtut106,

2clicker

Observer
Yay! Once I get my hands on some PG I will review this sucker too.

qsKsQmG.png

the larger outside threads on the eGo is what all the minis use. the smaller inside threads on an eGo battery are 510.

the PT3m uses the same threads as say an evod tank.

2clicker,

mystikalghost

the larger outside threads on the eGo is what all the minis use. the smaller inside threads on an eGo battery are 510.

the PT3m uses the same threads as say an evod tank.
Sweet. I just came to the realization that since my inner threading is stripped, my battery won't fit in to the charger. I am thinking of sanding down the threading in the charger to see what happens. Ugh.....

mystikalghost,

2clicker

Observer
Sweet. I just came to the realization that since my inner threading is stripped, my battery won't fit in to the charger. I am thinking of sanding down the threading in the charger to see what happens. Ugh.....

that is why i prefer the "passthrough" type eGo batteries. they have the mini usb port for charging. that is what i use for stealth.

2clicker,

mystikalghost

that is why i prefer the "passthrough" type eGo batteries. they have the mini usb port for charging. that is what i use for stealth.
Yeah I have REALLY been meaning to get one of those. The O-Phos is great with it and I don't like using adapters. Guess I will get one soon.

mystikalghost,
Reactions: 2clicker

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog

Though I am perfectly happy with the airflow from the mPT3, I'm gonna order one of the ATm's in the next few days because I like the idea of SS versus chrome plated brass. Anyone know the cheapest place to order a ATm (save me some time in hunting)? Retail seems to be about $30 and the normal USA places I buy from aren't offering it for less yet.

I did have a little leakage from a new atty (the coil assembly part) in the mPT3 the other day. Nothing major, but I was getting a bunch more gurgle-ing and it did require cleaning the top contact of the battery. It appears to have been due to accumulation of PG in the central tube going up to the mouthpiece, and the corresponding air tube leading to the bottom of the 510 connector. I removed the atty, turned it upside down, heated it up (hair dryer) and drained out all the PG (maybe two or three drops worth, which I vaped on an atty I use for non-liquid concentrates). Then I put it back and cleaned out the central tube going from the atty to the mouthpiece. Good as new now.

One of the things I really like about the mPT3 (and which should apply equally to the ATm) is that I can change out or clean the atty without having to wait until the tank is empty or risk losing a bunch of PG in the process. My first (2.0Ω) atty developed a nasty burnt taste after a gram or two of PG was through it, so I removed it and thoroughly cleaned it. It works like a champ again, with no taste of its own anymore. I'm gonna order one of the custom atty's from the UK site I mentioned in a previous message, and replace the cotton they use with the ceramic mesh wick I have. I think the mPT3 and ARm are the best designed tank/clearo system and I want to see if there's anything to be gained by fooling around with the atty part. :) I'm also very interested to hear if the new Kanger atty with the drilled holes and wicks NOT protruding is better or worse than the current ones for PG use. I haven't found anyplace that sells them separately yet.

My GotVapes Sapphire V5 clearos arrived today (along with a couple of ceramic tipped tweezers I ordered from China a month ago), and they're definitely different from the V4's I last purchased. The boxes now have the GotVapes logo as well as the "Sapphire" branding that GotVapes uses for the Bud clearo. Never did before. Also, the clear plastic clearo tank part has a slight blue tint, which it also never did before. I haven't put any PG (or anything) in them, but they seem to have a tighter draw then I remember, though that might actually just be because I'm used to the draw of the mPT3 now, which is worlds airier than the Sapphire ever was...

walrus

Just got my aerotank minis today from myvaporstore. Fast shipping, I ordered Tuesday morning. Don't have any liquidized concentrate at the moment but should by the weekend. I'm about half a tank in using regular ecig juice and they vape like a dream.

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Any suggestions on a variable voltage model with a passthrough? I have the Ego upgrade(3.7v standard, and then you can switch it to 4.3v) with the passthrough, but I want something in the 3.0v-3.4v range. Plus, the 510 threading is stripped so I can't use it with PT3, but it works well with the T3D(which is also ego threaded), but I use that for e-liquid.

lesvape,

215z

Sounds like you want an Innokin VV 3.0. The voltage range is 3.3V to 5.0V. You can leave it plugged into USB power while you're hitting it.

215z,

mystikalghost

Sounds like you want an Innokin VV 3.0. The voltage range is 3.3V to 5.0V. You can leave it plugged into USB power while you're hitting it.
I see those bad boys all over here / the e-cig subreddit. Soon I should invest in something that isn't an ego knockoff.

mystikalghost,

2clicker

Observer
Any suggestions on a variable voltage model with a passthrough? I have the Ego upgrade(3.7v standard, and then you can switch it to 4.3v) with the passthrough, but I want something in the 3.0v-3.4v range. Plus, the 510 threading is stripped so I can't use it with PT3, but it works well with the T3D(which is also ego threaded), but I use that for e-liquid.

sorry no. i dont do VV.

2clicker,
Top Bottom